View Full Version : Fuck You (An Ode to Rolling Stone)

vitaldust
06-06-2007, 05:09 PM
right, so I was looking at the recent issue of Rolling Stone with Amy Whinewhore on the cover. They had a section regarding all the exciting bodacious concerts going on this summer around the universe and ours truly didn't even get a thoughtful moment's recognition save a small addendum at the very end of the article...an "Also on tour..." kind of thing. How can a band that made the cover of RS twice in 3 years not even get the slightest bit of attention from such a publication?

WTF?

explain... :noway:

medellia
06-06-2007, 05:11 PM
rolling stone magazine is for middle aged fuckheads & tennyboppers. enough said.

vitaldust
06-06-2007, 05:12 PM
im not buying that

what u just said was a completely contradictory statement anyway

DougieZero
06-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Let's just bash Amy Winehouse for a bit...

I'm so sick of these hipster flavors of the week... a few years ago she was some fat chick who had no buzz.

Oh I know why she is popular... she got a bunch of tattoos overnight, lost weight and got an ironic hairdo...

Oh yeah... she drinks and does lots of drugs now.

SHE IS SOOOO COOOL. SHE VOMITS BEFORE PERFORMANCES! 5 STARS!

redbreegull
06-06-2007, 05:17 PM
You forgot to mention that there is a big picture of Billy at the Grand Rex screaming into the mic on the "rock and roll" page and the snippet below the picture directs you to the tour list for all other bands.

Also, they gave Tarantula like 2 stars.

vitaldust
06-06-2007, 05:18 PM
i'd do her, however

wHATcOLOR
06-06-2007, 05:18 PM
clever thread title brah

*J's O my D*

smashapumpkin
06-06-2007, 05:19 PM
i heard over the radio here in LA that corgan was pictured in rolling stone wearing his kimono, was that true? or was it just an article?

just read the top nvmnd

vitaldust
06-06-2007, 05:21 PM
no pictures no article...just the monkier "Smashing Pumpkins" and "May-August"

behold_TheBliss
06-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Welcome to Rolling Stone magazine, the periodical that every band hates, every fan bashes, and everyone aspires to be on the cover of.

vitaldust
06-06-2007, 05:24 PM
this is very true...but they need good press...hopefully SPIN's July issue (with all the fag emo covers) will do something good

syrus
06-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Rolling Stone isn't about music anymore, its about selling ad space to jean company's alongside pictures of hollywoods latest celebrity crackwhore

themadcaplaughs
06-06-2007, 05:25 PM
The did mention that seeing The Smashing Pumpkins would be one of the highlights of the Virgin Music Festival.

vitaldust
06-06-2007, 05:27 PM
big fuckin woop....

behold_TheBliss
06-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Rolling Stone hasn't been about music since the early 70s.

vitaldust
06-06-2007, 05:32 PM
i'd say more like 2000

behold_TheBliss
06-06-2007, 05:33 PM
No 2000 is just when the rock scene really went to hell. Can't think of any specific event that would have instigated that, like a band splitting up or somethi... oh.. right.

vitaldust
06-06-2007, 05:35 PM
touche

-derek-
06-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Let's just bash Amy Winehouse for a bit...

I'm so sick of these hipster flavors of the week... a few years ago she was some fat chick who had no buzz.

Oh I know why she is popular... she got a bunch of tattoos overnight, lost weight and got an ironic hairdo...

Oh yeah... she drinks and does lots of drugs now.

SHE IS SOOOO COOOL. SHE VOMITS BEFORE PERFORMANCES! 5 STARS!

Or hey, how about the fact that she has a fucking amazing voice and writes incredible songs? Just because you're a little behind on good music doesn't mean you have to be so bitter about it.

vitaldust
06-06-2007, 05:56 PM
troll.

Endar
06-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Anyways as to the OP.. Rolling whatwhat?

christian zombie vampires
06-06-2007, 06:04 PM
amy winehouse is like one millionth the drama queen billy is.
also pumpkins aren't on a summer tour at all.

vitaldust
06-06-2007, 06:05 PM
? wtf are you talking about douche?

gbeaks33
06-06-2007, 06:06 PM
^They were referring to Amy Winehouse, a british soul/pop/r&b singer, not that retard from Evanescence.

Kilredstar30
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
^They were referring to Amy Winehouse, a british soul/pop/r&b singer, not that retard from Evanescence.

I was going to say that. Anyways...Evanescence sucks taint!

myosis
06-06-2007, 11:08 PM
hey maybe we can have 5 different threads about this since it concerns the pumpkins

said badly...
06-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Or hey, how about the fact that she has a fucking amazing voice and writes incredible songs? Just because you're a little behind on good music doesn't mean you have to be so bitter about it.

she is flavor of the week trash.

-derek-
06-07-2007, 02:18 AM
she is flavor of the week trash.

whatever, dude. (http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/winehouseamy/backtoblack) why I thought I'd get anywhere trying to defend amy winehouse on this board, I'll never know.

Cool As Ice Cream
06-07-2007, 02:20 AM
right, so I was looking at the recent issue of Rolling Stone with Amy Whinewhore on the cover. They had a section regarding all the exciting bodacious concerts going on this summer around the universe and ours truly didn't even get a thoughtful moment's recognition save a small addendum at the very end of the article...an "Also on tour..." kind of thing. How can a band that made the cover of RS twice in 3 years not even get the slightest bit of attention from such a publication?

WTF?

explain... :noway:
why do you even read a magazine like that?

thomas_bland
06-07-2007, 04:04 AM
Welcome to Rolling Stone magazine, the periodical that every band hates, every fan bashes, and everyone aspires to be on the cover of.

Sort of like the US version of the NME then.

Has anyone else notice NME being unnecesarily prickish to the Pumpkins in recent news articles. First there was the comment on United States (basically that they better not open with it at Reading speculating that the crowd will turn against them?)

And now this:

The Smashing Pumpkins performed a secret acoustic show to 200 fans at Berlin venue Die Zitadelle last night (June 5) - followed by a question-and-answer session with the crowd.

The new line-up performed a two-hour set, including classic tracks 'Tonight, Tonight' and 'Today', alongside a wealth of new material.

Latest single 'Tarantula', a song not best suited to an unplugged environment, was received with good-humoured laughter and the biggest applause of the evening as frontman Billy Corgan heroically, if unsuccessfully attempted to replicate its climatic solo on his acoustic guitar.

In a series of minor blunders the frontman tripped over his microphone stand, accused his leather stool of trying to humiliate him and compared a problem with his guitar to "a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction". In spite of this, Corgan's perfectionist reputation remained intact, as he turned around to drummer Jimmy Chamberlin mid-set and requested he "keep it down".

Post-show the group's two original members remained onstage to answer questions from the audience.

Corgan declared the creation of new album 'Zeitgeist' as "a long, laborious process to perfection", before elaborating on the Pumpkins' return.

He said: "When the band broke up in 2000 a lot of people were saying it was a bad idea. But I felt we had to do it. Now we had to come back. We believe in the power of intention and prophecy."

When questioned why German word 'Zeitgeist' was chosen as the album title, Corgan joked, "Because the word Hasselhoff was taken." The vocalist continued in mocking Germany's love affair with the 'Baywatch' star, declaring: "We don't like to play our old material, we get Hasselhoff to play the songs off 'Siamese Dream'."

In respond to a query regarding vegetarianism, Corgan confessed his fondness of sausages, before claiming to be "a blood-sucking killer". Elaborating on the theme of meat, he revealed that during the making of 'Zeitgeist', Chamberlin would cook him steaks, while he wrote the songs.

Finally, when asked how it felt to meet Homer during their infamous cameo on hit American show 'The Simpsons', Chamberlin disappointedly retorted: "Homer Simpson is not a real person, you can't meet him. We didn't even meet the guy who does his voice, just a stand-in."
Just seems really petty and bitchy to me. Obviously Ol'Bill is a dick and he doesn't help himself too much with the press. Guess they should have bought advertising space after all and lined Connor's pockets for a week or two.

TuralyonW3
06-07-2007, 04:06 AM
can we put a ban on RS threads please

theFoulLasagna
06-07-2007, 10:50 AM
it's because RS is a piece of crap gossip rag. It's basically tiger beat with a different name. I do read it so I can keep up with what paris hilton and lindsay lohan are doing, though.

vitaldust
06-07-2007, 11:17 AM
can we put a ban on RS threads please

i think thats probably a good idea

caliphornia
06-07-2007, 11:17 AM
i don't know who amy winehouse is, and i don't want to know. i'm guessing she's one more fad in a billion-long line of fads.

astrosfan719
06-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Fuck You (An Ode to Netphoria)