View Full Version : Tarantula @ #3

Lorenzo
06-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Hmmm? http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/AllAccess/Charts.asp?format=r3R&showtopn=2000&cutoff=0

Guess the song is doing pretty well after all. It has grown on me especially after hearing the acoustic version. I hope it does fuck up Linkin Park shitty Linkin Park cover song.

smashapumpkin
06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
not too shabby, and fuck papa roach

JRiordan
06-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Is this a Billboard list or what? I can't check, I'm at work.

Go B0lly!

Lorenzo
06-06-2007, 05:10 PM
No it's a radio airplay list.

waltermcphilp
06-06-2007, 05:12 PM
not too shabby, and fuck papa roach

for sure. they were on before SP for the Germany show. i really wanted to stab myself in the eye, but then i would have missed the SP play.

Floppy Nono
06-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Papa Roach are the definition of trend riding bands. Go and listen to their Nu-Metal garbage they made in 2001 or 2002 or so and hear how different it is compared to the emo shit they're spitting out now.

JRiordan
06-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Papa Roach is emo now? I seriously had no idea. LOL. I know they got popular with some heavy stuff, perhaps "nu metal".

I guess everyone is emo these days.

Except BC and JC though. They are in the business of burning lies off souls, which I much prefer.

Kilredstar30
06-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Hmmm? http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/AllAccess/Charts.asp?format=r3R&showtopn=2000&cutoff=0

I hope it does fuck up Linkin Park shitty Linkin Park cover song.

Thank you.

pete
06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
emos dont crush people into dust with metal.

werideatdusk
06-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Hah, right behind Linkin Park and Papa Roach. jeesh.

And here's the link for tracking SP singles on Billboard:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/retrieve_chart_history.do?model.vnuArtistId=5700&model.vnuAlbumId=933126

Tarantula has hit #5 Modern Rock, #18 Mainstream Rock, #44 Hot Digital Songs, #50 Pop 100, #54 Hot 100. All in all, pretty damned good.

davin
06-06-2007, 06:09 PM
:bananamac

daevil1
06-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Those Billboard numbers are for last week. The lists are updated each week around thursday so we shall see if it continues to go up tomorrow.

smashing0
06-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Papa Roach are the definition of trend riding bands. Go and listen to their Nu-Metal garbage they made in 2001 or 2002 or so and hear how different it is compared to the emo shit they're spitting out now.
they were pretty emo with their nu-metal stuff
Cut my life into pieces
This is my last resort
Suffocation
No breathing
Dont give a fuck if I cut my arm bleeding

This is my last resort

Cut my life into pieces
Ive reached my last resort
Suffocation
No breathing
Do you even care if I die bleeding
Would it be wrong
Would it be right
If I took my life tonight
Chances are that I might
Mutilation outta sight
And Im contemplating suicide

Cuz Im losing my sight
Losing my mind
Wish somebody would tell me Im fine
Losing my sight
Losing my mind

I never realized I was spread too thin
Till it was too late
And I was empty within
Hungry
Feeding on chaos
And living in sin
Downward spiral where do I begin
It all started when I lost my mother
No love for myself
And no love for another
Searching to find a love up on a higher level
Finding nothing but questions and devils

Cuz Im losing my sight
Losing my mind
Wish somebody would tell me in fine
Losing my sight
Losing my mind
Nothings alright
Nothing is fine
Im running and Im crying
Im crying
Im crying
Im crying
Im crying

I cant go on living this way

Cut my life into pieces
This is my last resort
Suffocation
No breathing
Would it be wrong
Would it be right
If I took my life tonight
Chances are that I might
Mutilation outta sight
And Im contemplating suicide

Cuz Im losing my sight
Losing my mind
Losing my sight
Losing my mind
Nothings alright
Nothing is fine
Im running and Im crying

I cant go on living this way
Cant go on
Living this way
Nothings alrightthat was their big hit back in the day

Effloresce
06-06-2007, 06:29 PM
It's so true.

smashing0 - so what, it's all about the sound.
The rapping, the way they played guitar, the song structure. They were nu metal, now they're completely emo.

smashing0
06-06-2007, 06:37 PM
i haven't heard their new stuff
*would prefer to keep it that way*

nii-o
06-06-2007, 06:40 PM
good points on papa roach

Ever
06-07-2007, 06:24 AM
It's #5 on the modern rock charts, and even in the top 100. I hope this means I get to see a video sometime soon.

Martyr
06-07-2007, 06:29 AM
they were pretty emo with their nu-metal stuff
that was their big hit back in the day

That's the first time I really paid attention to those lyrics. Pure junk.

Peter Gabriel m
06-07-2007, 06:57 AM
I heard that tarantula is the #1 new smashing pumpkins song!

Dopamine
06-07-2007, 07:00 AM
It's #5 on the modern rock charts, and even in the top 100. I hope this means I get to see a video sometime soon.
I have no idea how the billboard charts work, so what exactly does it
mean to have a top5 song on modern rock?

What did they have on the other songs, and how does it (if at all)
correlate with album sales?

Im not doing 20 questions here, I just assume some people have a grasp
of what this means, because I sure as hell don't.

This seems kind of positive..
SMASHING TIME: A seven-year absence from Modern Rock Tracks has apparently made the hearts of Smashing Pumpkins fans grow fonder. The self-imposed hiatus hasn't hurt the group's chart fortunes, as "Tarantula" (Reprise) soars 30-5, to become the 17th consecutive top 10 hit for the band (and sixth consecutive top five hit).

The Pumpkins already held the record for the most consecutive top 10 hits in Modern Rock history, so this smashing return simply extends their lead.

/Per

daevil1
06-07-2007, 10:56 AM
More good news Tarantula is now #3 on the Billboard Modern Rock Charts and #10 on the Mainstream Rock Charts. Awesome!

soulofbass
06-07-2007, 11:16 AM
wicked!

avsfan7733
06-07-2007, 11:45 AM
look now its number 2!

soulofbass
06-07-2007, 11:52 AM
I KNOW! avs suck

theFoulLasagna
06-07-2007, 12:13 PM
hahaha. it's having huge chart success, and yet in shreveport, louisiana it has yet to receive one play. i email the station last week and they said they had it, they just hadn't added it to the rotation....well, get on board suckas!

Boots Electric
06-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, it was kind of weird. I hadn't heard Tarantula on the radio until a couple days ago around here, then boom - I've heard it like 8 times in three days.

ciGarski
06-07-2007, 12:55 PM
REVOLUUUUUUUSHUUUON

Boots Electric
06-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Anyone have an idea how Tarantula is doing in Europe? The crowd response from the European festivals has been surprisingly good.

skipgo
06-07-2007, 02:00 PM
hahaha. it's having huge chart success, and yet in shreveport, louisiana it has yet to receive one play. i email the station last week and they said they had it, they just hadn't added it to the rotation....well, get on board suckas!
shreveport radio has always sucked ass anyway. Except once i heard I am One on 98 Rocks which was fucking weird.

Dopamine
06-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Anyone have an idea how Tarantula is doing in Europe? The crowd response from the European festivals has been surprisingly good.
I listened sporadicly in the car throughout the day, not really much time at all,
but heard it twice, both times with the DJ anouncing the fact that Pumpkins
has reunited, this is their new single, and that the album comes soon.

This is on the biggest rock station in Stockholm, Sweden.

Pretty nice.

/Per

Lorenzo
06-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Next week the song should be #2 as it is getting the 2nd most plays in the country behind LP. So far it's on par with Perfect, Ava Adore @ #3. SIYL and Bullet were @ @2. 1979 is their only #1. I figure That's The Way, when released should hit #1 just from the buzz of Tarantula.

starlaluna
06-07-2007, 11:49 PM
I just turned on the radio (102.1 the edge) and heard that that Tarantula was at #2 beating White Stripes Icky Thump. But at #1 is STILL Linkin Park and supposedly has not budged in 6 weeks UGH...I don't really care for radio I still want Tarantula to top crap like Linkin Park.

VOTE people!

Tarantula is also now at #2 behind Linkin Park on that link the OP provided
http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/AllAccess/Charts.asp?format=r3R&showtopn=2000&cutoff=0

soulofbass
06-08-2007, 12:57 AM
linkin park has sucked the dicks of every radio executive in the whole north america, theres no way people like listening to their shit that much!

Effloresce
06-08-2007, 01:14 AM
WHAT IVE DONE
BECOME SO NUMB
BLAHABAHASHBASDBF;AASASI;EODF

Zero23
06-08-2007, 03:41 AM
Except BC and JC though. They are in the business of burning lies off souls, which I much prefer.

ditto

EvilMudbug
06-08-2007, 05:35 AM

damn shreveport, its a cock rock station anyway. there a very few people within the range of their airwaves that actually has a good taste in music.

reprise85
06-08-2007, 05:57 AM
damn shreveport, its a cock rock station anyway. there a very few people within the range of their airwaves that actually has a good taste in music.

I lived in central Louisiana for about 5 years and there are no good radio stations. At all. In fact, you're even pressed to find a top 40 station or good ole 70's and 80's soft rock station. It's mostly country and contemporary christian. I really feel sorry for you guys. Why try? CDs only in LA...

EvilMudbug
06-08-2007, 06:21 AM
yeah CD's seem the only way to go, but that sucks too. I hate it, there is no way to be introduced to new music that is good unless you use the internet and that takes up too much time.

BuriedSoftly
06-08-2007, 06:22 AM
del

theFoulLasagna
06-08-2007, 12:17 PM
i think there are 3 or 4 rap stations here, also.
"this is why i'm hot
this is why i'm hot
i'm hot because i'm fly
you ain't because you not
this is why i'm hot"

Who in their right mind would think that is a good song. it's freaking stupid. it's like a 12 year old wrote it. my wife is a teacher at an inner city school and the kids their sing that song all the time.....and they are 12. it's sad that ADULTS also like that song. what a bunch of maroons. Oh well.....maybe someday I can move from shreveport and live somewhere awesome......like the north pole.

pumpkins
06-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Tonight Linkin Park will be playing with Pearl Jam on the Oeiras Alive! Festival. Hope Pearl Jam fans throw stones at them...

Dopamine
06-09-2007, 08:26 PM
i think there are 3 or 4 rap stations here, also.
"this is why i'm hot
this is why i'm hot
i'm hot because i'm fly
you ain't because you not
this is why i'm hot"

Who in their right mind would think that is a good song. it's freaking stupid. it's like a 12 year old wrote it. my wife is a teacher at an inner city school and the kids their sing that song all the time.....and they are 12. it's sad that ADULTS also like that song. what a bunch of maroons. Oh well.....maybe someday I can move from shreveport and live somewhere awesome......like the north pole.
Wild guess here might be that they're not obsessively scrutinizing the lyrics
for hidden meanings and deeper thoughts.

/Per

exactlythesame
06-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Wild guess here might be that they're not obsessively scrutinizing the lyrics
for hidden meanings and deeper thoughts.

/Per

Um, it doesn't take an obsessed lyricist to know that those are crap lyrics.

MFQueso
06-09-2007, 09:12 PM
So is this tarantula that we've heard from the internets the actual version that will be on the album?? I really hope not because it sounded horrible.. I mean the song itself was good and it was awesome live, it just sounded crappy from what i heard..

Revenant
06-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Tonight Linkin Park will be playing with Pearl Jam on the Oeiras Alive! Festival. Hope Pearl Jam fans throw stones at them...

Likin Park should change their name to The Linkin Logs.

MFQueso
06-09-2007, 09:19 PM
ha...................

JRiordan
06-09-2007, 10:05 PM

I would just prefer if PJ fans boo them off the stage

PJ is gonna own Lollapalooza this year... unless the Pumpkins get added for Friday night 8/4...

WeilandFan
06-09-2007, 10:24 PM
I heard Tarantula on 91X today in Orange County and on XM radio all within an hour, it's getting a lot of play. I heard Rocket yesterday on XM, and Disarm multiple times on KROQ. It seems like whenever I listen to the radio I heard the Pumpkins.

Teej212
06-09-2007, 10:55 PM
#2!!!

tensionhead
06-09-2007, 11:54 PM
I listened sporadicly in the car throughout the day, not really much time at all,
but heard it twice, both times with the DJ anouncing the fact that Pumpkins
has reunited, this is their new single, and that the album comes soon.

This is on the biggest rock station in Stockholm, Sweden.

Pretty nice.

/Per
so to stay completely off topic, how much airtime does mew get where yer at? possibly my second favorite band. after tha smashing zwankinz. :erm:

"STAY ON TARGET!"

astrosfan719
06-10-2007, 12:04 AM
b0lly fucked me dad

zsp77
06-10-2007, 01:05 AM

markpregen
06-10-2007, 01:43 AM
Is this a Billboard list or what? I can't check, I'm at work.

Go B0lly!

delayed reaction on my part, but.. you can read/post on netphoria, but you can't click on a URL from work? interesting

sol_moratlis
06-10-2007, 01:49 AM
foul lasagna
try moving west an hour to texarkana...when I go to shreveport, Im excited to have better radio stations available...I think the whole ark-la-tex is a lost cause for music, though....

Effloresce
06-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Pumpkins are in heavy rotation. On the radio at work yesterday, I heard BWBW, then Rocket (requested by a listener who said she wanted it played for her "lesbian sisters" or something hilarious like that), then Tarantula.

Revenant
06-10-2007, 02:46 AM
Who the fuck are mew?

redbull
06-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Who the fuck are mew?
a fucking good band

or maybe im confused with mum

zebramask
06-10-2007, 02:55 AM
pokeymans