View Full Version : Question about rockpalast webcast-DVD burn.

MisterSquishyHalo
06-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Hello,

I had a question about the rockpalast webcast of the show. Specifically about the show being burnt to a DVD file. For some reason, there seems to be a 1-2 second gap between the audio and video, and it does not sync up. Any ideas about how to fix this?

Thanks

jm9843
06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Use better software. I'm assuming you used something to convert the asf to a DVD compliant MPEG-2 file. NTSC 720x480? The software then probably authors the DVD structure (VIDEO_TS folder w/ VOB and ifo files) and burns it to a blank disc. This all probably happens in one step.

The software isn't doing a hot job of keeping the audio and video in sync when doing the conversion to MPEG-2 part.

If you are patient you might want to just wait. Better versions of the show will be coming out.

MisterSquishyHalo
06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Use better software. I'm assuming you used something to convert the asf to a DVD compliant MPEG-2 file. NTSC 720x480? The software then probably authors the DVD structure (VIDEO_TS folder w/ VOB and ifo files) and burns it to a blank disc. This all probably happens in one step.

The software isn't doing a hot job of keeping the audio and video in sync when doing the conversion to MPEG-2 part.

If you are patient you might want to just wait. Better versions of the show will be coming out.

Yeah I used intervideo windvd creator which just suck balls.

I think I am going to get nero. I want to be able to have more options on my dvd creator (which at this point contains edit /add menu/burn disc)