View Full Version : Shame is a new Song

msevrens
06-05-2007, 05:18 AM
Well... I mean.. practically, Its a new riff, almost all new music, new bridge, it really sounds nothing like the adore version and honestly I really like it. Billy is reinventing a lot of the songs in a really good way for this tour. What do you think? Shame is the most radically different but there are others too that just sound better than ever.

Oh and if theyve played it that way before.. then, sorry I gues.s

Kahlo
06-05-2007, 05:23 AM
when they played it in Brussels I thought that the band really came together for me...the onstage presence between Jeff and Billy was really amazing...kind of electric..something I didn't see in Paris

Disarmu
06-05-2007, 09:42 AM
I love the new version. Its excellent. Went back to listen to the original but it doesnt grab me like the live version. Keep wanting to sing Yeaaah after each verse!!

stephen_bayne
06-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Makes you wonder what Adore would have sounded like if Jimmy had been on board.

IM1SUR3
06-05-2007, 09:58 AM
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Leviticus 18:22
get a live

Yes, the new version is way better :)

NovaFritz
06-05-2007, 10:04 AM
ChristJesus, seriously, what the fuck is up with you?

IM1SUR3
06-05-2007, 10:05 AM
you mean life.... not live
sry, my mistake :D

LIFE

starlaluna
06-05-2007, 10:13 AM
I always love how they change their songs live. although some sound more amazing live and some just cannot beat the studio version, the new version of Shame is rocking. I loved how Billy said, "i think i am losing my mind" right on the beats and went on screaming shame at the Rex show. Totally grabbed my attention.

The New
06-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I love the new version. Its excellent. Went back to listen to the original but it doesnt grab me like the live version.

:erm:

Channah
06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I wasn't too keen on the new version after a couple of listens to the Paris boot, but I'm loving the Rock am Ring version.

dad, dead
06-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Shame is the best song on Adore. It's a band actually playing together in free-form instead of Bill tracking and over-dubbing everything later... listen to it on a drive in the Autumn with your windows down.

Anvil Hands
06-05-2007, 10:41 AM
I like the new shame and the old shame.

greedo
06-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Shame is the best song on Adore. It's a band actually playing together in free-form instead of Bill tracking and over-dubbing everything later... listen to it on a drive in the Autumn with your windows down.

I don't like Shame. Maybe it's because I live in a place where we have no autumn. It is summer for 9 months and rains for the other 3.

The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete is the best song on Adore.

areyougaffney?
06-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Like the new shame a lot, but unlike many people here I really, really like shame from Adore too. So I'm easily pleased I guess

starlaluna
06-05-2007, 11:48 AM
i'm still waiting for you to prove me how hot you are.

where did that come from?
but anyways, you don't deserve to be proven to.

Bokonon
06-05-2007, 12:09 PM
It's def my favorite version of shame....It was extremely intense during the Rock Am Ring show...Billy and Jeff really complimented eachother, and billy seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself. what a surprise.

Though, I really disliked the way they did Disarm at Rock Am Ring....I thought it was the worst part of the entire show....Jeff just didn't pull it off like Iha usually did....but then again that was Iha's style, it just really shined through during Live Disarm.

davin
06-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Well... I mean.. practically, Its a new riff, almost all new music, new bridge, it really sounds nothing like the adore version and honestly I really like it. Billy is reinventing a lot of the songs in a really good way for this tour. What do you think? Shame is the most radically different but there are others too that just sound better than ever.

Oh and if theyve played it that way before.. then, sorry I gues.s

:erm: you've heard SP live before, right? they do this all the time with their songs.

i am one
siva
rocket
today
zero
porcelina
ruby
to sheila
fuck you
bwbw
blue skies bring tears
glass & the ghost children
snail

the list goes on and on....of songs that have had multiple versions over the years.

davin
06-05-2007, 12:14 PM
It's def my favorite version of shame....It was extremely intense during the Rock Am Ring show...Billy and Jeff really complimented eachother, and billy seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself. what a surprise.

Though, I really disliked the way they did Disarm at Rock Am Ring....I thought it was the worst part of the entire show....Jeff just didn't pull it off like Iha usually did....but then again that was Iha's style, it just really shined through during Live Disarm.

agreed! :banging:

as i said in my paris review, this new version of Shame saved the song for me. I used to hate it, despite the awesome verse lyrics.

but yea, i thought Shame, Silverfuck, Gossamer, Bleeding the Orchid and Starz were all vastly improved during the Rock Am Ring show vs. earlier shows.

WalkingStrayz
06-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I wasn't too keen on the new version after a couple of listens to the Paris boot, but I'm loving the Rock am Ring version.

ditto

Nergal
06-05-2007, 12:56 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fQiRgND8Vbc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fQiRgND8Vbc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

caliphornia
06-05-2007, 01:07 PM
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Leviticus 18:22
what's going on with you man? are you o.k. in the head?

Nergal
06-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I think it's the funniest thing since "Coach"... but then again... I'm retarded.

zerock
06-05-2007, 01:53 PM
davin, you rock

Nate the Grate
06-05-2007, 02:07 PM
One of their worst recorded songs. New version is leaps and bounds better.

fluxequalsrad
06-05-2007, 02:10 PM
shame = wilco

davin
06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
davin, you rock

:rockon:

Nate the Grate
06-05-2007, 05:14 PM
shame = wilco

They could only wish!

werideatdusk
06-05-2007, 05:33 PM
i wish they'd "reinvent" more songs for the current tour. In fact, the 2007 versions of Disarm, Tonight Tonight, Today, 1979, BWBW, and so forth are some of the most album-similar they've ever played, so that in and of itself is something of a new direction.

davin
06-05-2007, 06:42 PM
:noway:

dudehitscar
06-05-2007, 06:55 PM
the new version of shame is really great but it doesn't match the haunting quality of the album version. This new arrangement makes it a bit more generic while the album version is really unique.

firewoman
06-05-2007, 07:19 PM
the new version of shame is better for live performances, i think. I find nothing wrong with the studio version though

msevrens
06-05-2007, 08:25 PM
:erm: you've heard SP live before, right? they do this all the time with their songs.

i am one
siva
rocket
today
zero
porcelina
ruby
to sheila
fuck you
bwbw
blue skies bring tears
glass & the ghost children
snail

the list goes on and on....of songs that have had multiple versions over the years.

I Know