View Full Version : Your top 10 SP songs

Dork USA
06-04-2007, 12:20 AM
This was incredibly difficult to to do, and could change daily, but its still interesting to really think about and rank a bunch of their songs.

Mine;

1) Geek U.S.A
2) Cherub Rock
3) Soma
4) Here is No Why
5) Thru The Eyes of Ruby
6) Bullet with Butterfly Wings
7) I Am One
8) Zero
9) Muzzle
10) Snail
10b)Mayonaise

it also reminds me how many amazingly kickass songs this band has...

You Said
06-04-2007, 12:23 AM
not bad...

switch ruby and mayo.

Tribute2JohnnyB
06-04-2007, 12:25 AM
again?
fuckin a...fine...

1. Cherub Rock
2. Bury Me
3. Mayonaise
4. Here Is No Why
5. Mouths of Babes
6. Tristessa
7. Set The Ray To Jerry
8. Snail
9. Frail and Bedazzled
10. Tribute to Johnny

jimmychauv
06-04-2007, 12:26 AM
mission impossible

jimmychauv
06-04-2007, 12:27 AM
1.Shame
2.Hummer
3.Tarantula
4.Stand inside your love
5.Zero
6.Ava adore
7.for Martha
8.This time
9.Neverlost
10.In arms of sleep

horrible list...except Hummer.

Dork USA
06-04-2007, 12:29 AM
horrible list...except Hummer.

qft

davin
06-04-2007, 12:30 AM
ugh, too difficult...especially with how much i've been digging the new songs lately.

i'll give it a try, only valid for this particular moment...

1. Gossamer
2. Mouths of Babes
3. Here is No Why
4. Tristessa
5. Snail
6. Geek USA
7. Tarantula
8. Doomsday Clock
9. Bleeding the Orchid
10. Starz

WhiteHotSoul
06-04-2007, 12:30 AM
in no particular order:

Hummer
Muzzle
Soma
Mayo
SIYL
Gossamer
Geek USA
Rhinocerous
Here is no Why

my top 10 constantly changes too

behold_TheBliss
06-04-2007, 12:43 AM
no order

muzzle
hummer
mayonaise
soma
cherub rock
starla
try try try (alt)
tonight tonight
saturnine (judas o)
i am one/to sheila/1979/gossamer (bandwagon woot)

i can't compact it into 10 damnit

steelfaerie
06-04-2007, 12:44 AM
1) Tonight, Tonight
2) Plume
3) Hello Kitty Kat
4) Muzzle
5) Tristessa
6) To Sheila
7) Hummer
8) Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
9) Rocket
10) Rhinoceros

This list totally changes about every 10 minutes. I'm feeling very strongly about Tonight and Hello Kitty Kat right now, especially. Yesterday it was Rocket. Do any of you have one perfect, forever, constant favourite SP song, or is it always malleable?

behold_TheBliss
06-04-2007, 12:47 AM
The one song I always come back to is Cherub Rock. It's just the quentissential (sp?) grungy/pop song from the 90s. It's catchy as hell, it's mellow and rocking at the same time. When played well live it kicks better than any other song, and the main riff is just too damn catchy/good.

Mayonaise is a close second for being mellow and godly.

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Top 10: I Am One, Today, Rocket, Disarm, Soma, Thirty-three, TTEOR, Sunshowers, I of the Mourning, Heavy Metal Machine.

Funny honorable mentions: Is Alex Milton, Christmastime

Cover: Soul Power

Zwan: Chrysanthemum, Mary Star of the Sea

BC solo: Squirrels with Tails

paranoid
06-04-2007, 12:50 AM
I can't order these, so here are my 10 favorite:

1. Here is no Why
2. To Sheila
3. Shame
4. Set the Ray to Jerry
5. Beautiful
6. Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
7. Soma
8. Starla
9. Home
10. Rhino

United States and Gossamer are my new favorites, but i couldn't put them on this list.

This list changes all the time.

steelfaerie
06-04-2007, 12:53 AM
The one song I always come back to is Cherub Rock. It's just the quentissential (sp?) grungy/pop song from the 90s. It's catchy as hell, it's mellow and rocking at the same time. When played well live it kicks better than any other song, and the main riff is just too damn catchy/good.

Agreed. It's weird that CR isn't on my list at the moment. The single came out on my birthday and it was the first SP song I ever really paid attention to. God, was that 14 fucking years ago? :erm:

Reading these lists is entertaining and strangely edifying.

Dork USA
06-04-2007, 12:56 AM

Mayonaise is a close second for being mellow and godly.

I agree 100%. For the longest time it was my #1, but Geek has just gotten better the more i listen to it. And the reasons you mentioned are exactly right.

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Agreed. It's weird that CR isn't on my list at the moment. The single came out on my birthday and it was the first SP song I ever really paid attention to. God, was that 14 fucking years ago? :erm:

Reading these lists is entertaining and strangely edifying.

"Edifying"? Big word for Netphoria. ;)

Speaking of times long past, I miss Usenet. Posters there had to first find and use something called "newsgroups"; this was a decent quality control. I can hardly believe this popup-riddled site has become thee place to talk TSP.

Thomas
06-04-2007, 01:13 AM
01. Soma
02. Tonight Tonight
03. Muzzle
04. Mayonaise
05. Obscured
06. Cherub Rock (Vphoria/MTV acoustic)
07. Tear (1998-05-28 Brussels)
08. Drown
09. Glass and the Ghost Children
10. Stand Inside Your Love

Not sure about the right order except for the top 5... I cannot rate any new material yet but Gossamer is definitely in the top 10. I want Muzzle at my funeral d00ds!

steelfaerie
06-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Speaking of times long past, I miss Usenet. Posters there had to first find and use something called "newsgroups"; this was a decent quality control. I can hardly believe this popup-riddled site has become thee place to talk TSP.

Oh, Usenet. I shed a fond tear for your glory days of monopolizing fandom on the Interwebs.

If you're really getting popups, might I humbly suggest the Adblock Plus plugin for Mozilla's Firefox browser? I never see an ad on Netphoria, not one single one.

Gossamer
06-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Hmmm this is basically impossible but I will attempt it anyway.

1. 1979
2. Hummer
3. For Martha
4. Cherub Rock
5. Silverfuck
6. Soma
7. Behold! The Night Mare
8. Age of Innocence
9. Bullet With Butterfly Wings
10. Fuck You/Tonight Tonight/Stand Inside Your Love

I cheated a little.

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 01:30 AM
If you're really getting popups, might I humbly suggest the Adblock Plus plugin for Mozilla's Firefox browser? I never see an ad on Netphoria, not one single one.

Suggest humbly away, for I'm really getting something that wants badly to clean my registry. Firefox...I have it installed, but I haven't tried relying on a non-dominant browser since Opera, a relic for which I have no nostalgic fondness. I have heard that Firefox Is Different, but I still wonder about its ability to handle everything that MSIE does.

suncrashesdown
06-04-2007, 01:32 AM
1. Spiteface
2. Spiteface
3. Spiteface
4. Spiteface
5. Spiteface
6. Spiteface
7. Spiteface
8. Home
9. Spiteface
10. Pastichio Medley

steelfaerie
06-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Suggest humbly away, for I'm really getting something that wants badly to clean my registry. Firefox...I have it installed, but I haven't tried relying on a non-dominant browser since Opera, a relic for which I have no nostalgic fondness. I have heard that Firefox Is Different, but I still wonder about its ability to handle everything that MSIE does.

I was skeptical too, but it turns out that it's got amazing capabilities for pretty much whatever you want it to do. http://adblockplus.org/ - Adblock is the best use for it I have found (I haven't seen an unwanted ad or gotten a popup in a long time) but I also like a handy little customizable extension called Greasemonkey at http://www.greasespot.net that allows for killfiles.

Also, suncrashesdown, I think your list wins.

Porceliamone
06-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Currently and in no particular order:

Pulscezar
Snail
Soma
Window Paine
Starla
Orchid (only live so far, of course)
Mayonaise (all)
Gossamer (@ Rock Am Ring with Uli Jon Roth)
Fuck You ('Final' Metro performance)
Silverfuck (London '94 + Jam)

That list will change of course, but they're the one's that come straight to mind right now.

smashingpumpkin
06-04-2007, 01:50 AM
i love the respect soma is getting here. same with mayo, i was in costa rica when i first heard it and man it blew me away. heres my list (for now):

mayonaise
soma
to sheila
XYU
cherub rock
for martha
to forgive
bodies
porcelina (without a care in this whole life, its what you take that makes it right... SOOO GOOD)
and recently HELLO KITTY KAT, killer track man im so glad i finally heard it.

as for the new stuff cant wait for the cd to change this list up! haha what great days ahead.

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 01:51 AM
I was skeptical too, but it turns out that it's got amazing capabilities for pretty much whatever you want it to do. http://adblockplus.org/ - Adblock is the best use for it I have found (I haven't seen an unwanted ad or gotten a popup in a long time) but I also like a handy little customizable extension called Greasemonkey at http://www.greasespot.net that allows for killfiles.

Thanks and duly noted. Let's also, if we're all stuck here, welcome my avatar, which features GMU economists James Buchanan (L) and Gordon Tullock (R). (I can't import my AMSP post count?!)

np: "Love to Love" ...perhaps I should have mentioned this in a "BC solo cover" category.

Dork USA
06-04-2007, 01:56 AM
porcelina (without a care in this whole life, its what you take that makes it right... SOOO GOOD)

Tis my mantra for the summer :)

Becky Sharp
06-04-2007, 01:59 AM
siyl
mayonaise
luna
thru the eyes of ruby
set the ray to jerry
ava adore
for martha
in the arms of sleep
cherry

Chuck=Zero
06-04-2007, 02:17 AM
My favorite song is "Tonight, Tonight" simply because not only is it a great song, this is the song that got me into the band in the first place; after hearing it, I was hooked. "Disarm" is the second song that comes to my mind when I think of favorite songs. After that, I'm just goin' to have to look on my ipod here at all the albums, and through the process of elimination, pick the eight songs amongst all those albums that stand out to me, in no particular order:

Speed Kills (I don't really find one version of it better than the other.)
Plume (That's the name of it! I always forget!)
Bury Me (Of the first four awesome tracks of Gish, I like this one just a bit more.)
Shame (I love it, but it's just a song I can only listen to when I'm "down in the dumps.")
Ugly (Simple song that just really resonated with me. This is also the only song where I was able to understand the lyrics of the whole song without goin' to the CD booklet.)
Cherry (This along with "Ugly" and the other tracks on the EP, made 1979 the best of the five EPs in the Aeroplane Flies High box set.)
Hummer (Decided on it over "Quiet")
Hello Kitty Kat (Yeah, I know, this one is really off the wall. This is my last of the Top 10, and I just realized how often I listen to it.)

Shapan
06-04-2007, 02:29 AM
i suppose

1. soma
2. bodies
3. ava adore
4. thirty-three
5. here is no why
6. today
7. rotten apples
8. 1979
9. crush
10. galapagos

JJNelson
06-04-2007, 02:39 AM
1. The Everlasting Gaze
2. Cherub Rock
3. Mayonaise
4. Bodies
5. Hummer
6. Age of Innocence
7. Zero
8. Obscured
9. Set the Ray to Jerry
10. 1979

fluxequalsrad
06-04-2007, 02:51 AM
My favorite song is "Tonight, Tonight" simply because not only is it a great song, this is the song that got me into the band in the first place; after hearing it, I was hooked. "Disarm" is the second song that comes to my mind when I think of favorite songs. After that, I'm just goin' to have to look on my ipod here at all the albums, and through the process of elimination, pick the eight songs amongst all those albums that stand out to me, in no particular order:

Speed Kills (I don't really find one version of it better than the other.)
Plume (That's the name of it! I always forget!)
Bury Me (Of the first four awesome tracks of Gish, I like this one just a bit more.)
Shame (I love it, but it's just a song I can only listen to when I'm "down in the dumps.")
Ugly (Simple song that just really resonated with me. This is also the only song where I was able to understand the lyrics of the whole song without goin' to the CD booklet.)
Cherry (This along with "Ugly" and the other tracks on the EP, made 1979 the best of the five EPs in the Aeroplane Flies High box set.)
Hummer (Decided on it over "Quiet")
Hello Kitty Kat (Yeah, I know, this one is really off the wall. This is my last of the Top 10, and I just realized how often I listen to it.)

what a shitty list.. on that note:

10. To Forgive - simple... I can't believe the riff wasn't invented earlier
9. XYU - loud as fuck, perfect set closer - note guitar jammed against amp solo perfectly captured on record and always hilariously replicated live
8. Rhinoceros - mastered on the SD tour, 'she knows...' ! I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about, but I don't think he wants it to be nonsense (see: lou reed, pavement) -- so its even more confusing
7. La Dolly Vita - great guitar section at the end, cool as ice cream. b0lly's earliest endevaour into the 'whole song is the g-chord' phase.
6. Set the Ray to Jerry -the production of this song isn't amazing, not b0lly's best vocal work, but the amazing song shines through. Good anthem to crush to.
5. We Only Come out at Night - I don't think anyone has an idea how good the songwriting is here, the chorus is so uplifiting. Masked under goofy lyrics + gay guitar tone + boring tempo.
4. Stumbliene - stumbleine.
3. Jellybelly - fuck me. Huge chorus. Noy metal but sooo heavy without being pure noise + drums. Really cool how he *******d that random sounding intro riff into such a heavy song
2. 1979- liberating teenhood in song format. rich or poor, reminds me of the best times of my life.
1. Hummer - strange sitar sample + beat into guitar tone heaven. The song obviously displays so many ideal guitar tones + playing. ..// but it truly becomes an incredible song through the simple but amazing verses that sludge through so many different strange vocal melodies with great simple lyrics before erupting into the climatic solo and then cool slow clean breakdown at the end. No real chorus in sight. Lyrics are so simple but point to that point in life of deciding to be happy + freeing yourself. Fuck. Billy probably thinks the slow part at the end is tacked on, or the guitar riff at the beginging is stupid led zeppelin aping or something, - all of this will never allow him to comprehend how good this song is.

Shapan
06-04-2007, 02:56 AM
I love that they hate their new album - refusing to play material from it live for the most part. They are punk rawk.
I love that they hate their new album - refusing to play material from it live for the most part. They are punk rawk.

fluxequalsrad
06-04-2007, 02:59 AM
screamotionally charged punk rawk

AyEye
06-04-2007, 03:03 AM
off the top of my head

Tonight, Tonight
SIYL
Age of Innocence
Mayonnaise
Behold! the Night Mare
Starla
Stumbleine
Blank Page
Fuck You

fluxequalsrad
06-04-2007, 03:04 AM
that was a drunk ass post, - let it slide.

Shapan
06-04-2007, 03:06 AM
thats so punk rawk

fluxequalsrad
06-04-2007, 03:08 AM
thats so punk rawk
you sir, are not pUnk rAwK.

Shapan
06-04-2007, 03:11 AM
bummer

Chuck=Zero
06-04-2007, 03:20 AM
what a shitty list.. on that note:

10. To Forgive - simple... I can't believe the riff wasn't invented earlier
9. XYU - loud as fuck, perfect set closer - note guitar jammed against amp solo perfectly captured on record and always hilariously replicated live
8. Rhinoceros - mastered on the SD tour, 'she knows...' ! I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about, but I don't think he wants it to be nonsense (see: lou reed, pavement) -- so its even more confusing
7. La Dolly Vita - great guitar section at the end, cool as ice cream. b0lly's earliest endevaour into the 'whole song is the g-chord' phase.
6. Set the Ray to Jerry -the production of this song isn't amazing, not b0lly's best vocal work, but the amazing song shines through. Good anthem to crush to.
5. We Only Come out at Night - I don't think anyone has an idea how good the songwriting is here, the chorus is so uplifiting. Masked under goofy lyrics + gay guitar tone + boring tempo.
4. Stumbliene - stumbleine.
3. Jellybelly - fuck me. Huge chorus. Noy metal but sooo heavy without being pure noise + drums. Really cool how he *******d that random sounding intro riff into such a heavy song
2. 1979- liberating teenhood in song format. rich or poor, reminds me of the best times of my life.
1. Hummer - strange sitar sample + beat into guitar tone heaven. The song obviously displays so many ideal guitar tones + playing. ..// but it truly becomes an incredible song through the simple but amazing verses that sludge through so many different strange vocal melodies with great simple lyrics before erupting into the climatic solo and then cool slow clean breakdown at the end. No real chorus in sight. Lyrics are so simple but point to that point in life of deciding to be happy + freeing yourself. Fuck. Billy probably thinks the slow part at the end is tacked on, or the guitar riff at the beginging is stupid led zeppelin aping or something, - all of this will never allow him to comprehend how good this song is.

I'm not goin' to argue about whether or not my list is "shitty," but you, "We Only Come Out At Night?" Great songwriting? Sure, whatever you say.

Desolation_Disco_King
06-04-2007, 06:19 AM
My Top 10 of ALL TIME, of course song preference based on mood is gonna change, it's quite rediculous to keep changing your list.

1. Mayonaise
2. The Aeroplane Flies High
3. Frail And Bedazzled
4. Geek U.S.A.
5. Here Is No Why
6. Stand Inside Your Love
7. For Martha
8. Soma
9. Fuck You
10. Siva

Other Songs worth mentoning, altho not meaning ranked #11 or #12 and so on.

Ugly
If There Is A God (Sad-Remix)
By Starlight
Set The Ray To Jerry
Hello Kitty Kat

Steve Holt
06-04-2007, 06:26 AM
1. Soma
2. Galapogos
3. Behold! The Night Mare
4. Thru the Eyes of Ruby
5. Mayonaise
6. The Aeroplane Flies High
7. Drown
8. Hummer
9. Crush
10. In the Arms of Sleep

unlachs
06-04-2007, 07:21 AM
i'll put ten, as long as i can also put 300 honorable mentions

not necessarily favourite, but this is what itunes says my most played is

disco king
saturnine (judas 0)
tales of a scorched earth
vanity
the end is the beginning is the end
the everlasting gaze
tarantula
disarm
here's to the atom bomb (alt/machina2)
heavy metal machine (friends and enemies demo)

with the exception of the everlasting gaze and tarantula, im betting most of these would prob end in my top10 anyway

Pumpyouupkins
06-04-2007, 07:37 AM
1. Porecelina of the Vast Oceans
2. I of the Mourning
3. Disarm
4. Tonight, Tonight
5. Mayonaise
6. Drown
7. Cherub Rock
8. Speed Kills
9. Snail
10. Crestfallen

Bleeding the Orchid has a great chance to make the list after I listen to the album version.

TimeZoneChecker
06-04-2007, 07:40 AM
that's hard, varies each and every day:

1. Soma
2. Hummer
3. Perfect
4. Set The Ray to Jerry
5. Apples + Oranjes
6. Thru The Eyes of Ruby
7. In The Arms of Sleep
8. I of The Mourning
9. Quiet
10. Muzzle

runners-up:
Hello Kitty Kat
Stand Inside Your Love
Behold the nightmare!
Tonight Tonight
Everlasting Gaze
White Spider :p

behold_TheBliss
06-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Is it just me or does the opening bass riff from Hummer sound a lot like the American Woman riff.

Yes I know, I never have anything worthwhile to contribute.

omegadown3
06-04-2007, 08:13 AM
1. For Martha
2. Tonight Tonight
3. Mayonaise
4. Bodies
5. Home
6. Disarm
7. 33
8. Set the Ray to Jerry
9. Dross
10. 1979

yrowndog
06-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Let's give it a try...

01. To Sheila
02. Porcelina of the vast oceans
03. Soma
04. To forgive
05. Hummer
06. Galapogos
07. Bullet with butterfly wings
08. Thirty-three
09. Luna
10. Blank page

+ Mayonaise, Suffer, Ruby, Let me give the world to you, Mellon collie and the infinite sadness, Winterlong, Spaceboy, ...

devotchka
06-04-2007, 08:32 AM
not in any particular sense of order, but nonetheless my ten most loved (with very little variation over the years).

1. stumbleine
2. mayonaise
3. thru the eyes of ruby
4. set the ray to jerry
5. starla
6. cherry
7. bodies
8. behold! the nightmare
9. drown
10. blissed and gone

werideatdusk
06-04-2007, 09:34 AM
No particular order/valid only for this moment:

Stand Inside Your Love
Galapogos
Tonight, Tonight
Geek USA
Shame
Age of Innocence
Hummer
XYU
Meladori Magpie
Porcelina

Honorable Mentions:
"El Sol" and "Mary Star of the Sea" by Zwan, "Mina Loy" and "Tilt" BC Solo

spidrr
06-04-2007, 10:02 AM
no order. and this list will change in an hour. or a few minutes.

plume
starla
apathys last kiss
snail
quiet
soma
porcelina
i of the mourning
drown
hummer

honorary: nothing and everything :rockon:

NarcisPrince
06-04-2007, 10:15 AM
10 - Obscured
9 - Daydream
8 - Mayonaise
7 - Hummer (Acoustic @ Grand Rex)
6 - I Of The Mourning
5 - Egg
4 - Vanilla
3 - The Aeroplane Flies High
2 - Spaceboy
1 - Soma

starlaluna
06-04-2007, 10:24 AM
this is HARD since sometimes i like certain songs in different moods.

so mine will be the list of songs that I love and can never skip or get sick of even if i play it all day.
No order.

Mayonaise
Soma
Drown
Thru the eyes of ruby
here is no why
plume
starla
to sheila
set the ray to jerry
galapogos

Rotates with these songs and others:
muzzle
cherry
stumbleine
hummer
behold! the nightmare
crush
and half the singles

mcallima
06-04-2007, 10:32 AM
In no order:

-Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
-Drown
-Starla
-Hummer
-Tonight, Tonight
-For Martha
-Rhinoceros
-Silverfuck
-Rocket
-X.Y.U.

waltermcphilp
06-04-2007, 10:47 AM
i will shake your bouncing booty.

mayonaise
XYU
behold the nightmare
siva
hello kitty kat (MP version)
nothing and everything
silverfuck
jesus loves his children
frail and bedazzled
spaceboy

Allycat
06-04-2007, 10:51 AM
porcelina of the vast oceans
rocket
snail
drown
X.Y.U
cherub rock
tonight, tonight
behold! the nightmare
saturnine

NothingSafe
06-04-2007, 11:00 AM
In no particular order:

-Siva
-Bury Me
-Snail
-Hummer
-Quiet
-Here Is No Why
-To Sheila
-Ava Adore
-Try Try Try

teamneedle
06-04-2007, 11:02 AM
no order

1. ugly
2. behold! the nightmare
3. for martha
4. Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
5. The Aeroplane Flies High
6. X.Y.U.
7. to shelia
8. Geek U.S.A.
9. Mayonaise
10. with every light

it's forever evolving though.

redchandelier
06-04-2007, 11:02 AM
In no specific order:

Cherub Rock
For Martha
Mayonaise
Ava Adore
Tristessa
Siva
This Time
I am one
Rhinoceros
Geek USA

p.s. eventhough it didn't make the list, I also love listening to the end is the beginning....

<sp3
06-04-2007, 11:30 AM
here is 15 songs i cant live without. The order is my feeling at this exact moment, but note that the order changes exactly every 5 moments.

Runner ups in no order:
Rocket
Not Worth Asking
Stand Inside Your Love
Perfect
Age of Innocence

10. Starla
9. Try, Try, Try [altenate version]
8. Snap
7. Egg
6. Pennies
5. Muzzle
4. Thirty-Three
3. Mayonaise
2. Obscured
1. Set the Ray to Jerry

dudehitscar
06-04-2007, 12:35 PM
This is an impossible task. Instead I will tell you my favorite song off each album/b-side collection release. This is much easier for me.

Gish: Snail
SD: Hummer (also my favorite song of all time)
PISCES: Hello Kitty Kat
MCIS disc 1: Cupid De Locke
MCIS disc 2: XYU
TAFH box set: Rotten Apples
Adore: Blank Page
Machina: Wound
Machina 2: Here is to the atom bomb
Judas O: Lucky 13

Zwan album: Lyric
Zwan live: A New Poetry
Djali Zwan: Whatever Wherever

Corgan chicago songs: El-a-noy

TFE: DIA

ToTheAtom
06-04-2007, 12:38 PM
1. Geek USA
2. Rocket
3. Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
4. Silverfuck
5. Blank Page
6. Soma
7. Zero
8. Meladori Magpie
9. Muzzle
10. Soot and Stars

If we were to ******* non-SP Corgan songs then Mary Star of the Sea and Bit 5 would be near the top of that list.

TheBigG753
06-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Alright, this could be bad because I'm destined to leave a few songs out, but here goes.

Jellybelly
Zero
For Martha
Appels + Oranjes
Cash Car Star
Set the Ray to Jerry
Cherub Rock
Home
Geek U.S.A.
Saturnine (Adore-era)

enthusaroo
06-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm gonna hold off until after Zeitgeist comes out before I add my list to this discussion. ;)

mewl
06-04-2007, 01:00 PM
1. to sheila
2. crush
3. suffer
4. snail
5 here is no why
6. to forgive
7. thru the eyes of ruby
8. glynis
9. smiley
10. plume
&&& obscured, starla, blue, east, hummer, soma...
fuck this is impossible.

enthusaroo
06-04-2007, 01:00 PM
no order

1. ugly
2. behold! the nightmare
3. for martha
4. Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
5. The Airplane Flies High
6. X.Y.U.
7. Speed Kills (SIYL single version)
8. Geek U.S.A.
9. Mayonaise
10. with every light

it's forever evolving though.

heh, #5

caliphornia
06-04-2007, 01:03 PM
here we go...

1. starla
2. hummer
3. cherub rock
4. la dolly vita
5. porcalina of the vast oceans
6. thru the eyes of ruby
7. plume
8. rhinoceros
9. gossamer
10. shame

(the list changes all the time but the top 3 always stay)

Dogfighter28
06-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Spiteface
Spiteface
Spiteface
Spiteface
Spiteface
Spiteface
Tales of a Scorched Earth
Spiteface
Spiteface
Spiteface

MayonaiseBoy
06-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Hmmm.... as of now I guess they are:

1. Mayonaise
2. Starla
3. Bleeding The Orchid
4. Frail & Bedazzled
5. Jelly Belly
6. Mouth of Babes
7. Porcelina
8. Tarantula
9. Bury Me
10. Tear

osamy
06-04-2007, 01:16 PM
in no particular order

There It Goes
Daphne Descends
Soma
Lily My One and Only
By Starlight
Stand Inside Your Love
Set the Ray to Jerry
Medellia of the Grey Skies
Dancing in the Moonlight
Blank Page

Rockin' Cherub
06-04-2007, 01:23 PM
i'll give you my top 35

1.silverfuck
2.porcelina of the vast oceans
3.drown
4.hummer
5.thru the eyes of ruby
6.the aeroplane flies high
7.once in a while
8.cherub rock
9.blank page
10.here is no why
11.glynis
12.to sheila
13.ava adore
14.set the ray to jerry
15.speed kills (b side and acoustic)
17.snail
18.east (alternate)
19.by starlight
20.meladori magpie
21.starla
22.rhinoceros
23.tonight tonight
24.i am one part 2
25.saturnine (machina II)
26.purr snickety
27.in the arms of sleep
28.for martha
29.soot and stars
30.hello kitty kat
31.mellon collie and the infinite sadness
32.stand inside your love
33.apples & oranjes
34.marquis in spades
35.this time

neopryn
06-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Soma
Geek U.S.A.
Silverfuck
Porcelina
X.Y.U.
To Sheila
Hello Kitty Kat
Set the Ray to Jerry
Thirty-three

I like them long and hard.

werideatdusk
06-04-2007, 01:43 PM
jesus loves his children

..babies?

and come on, is that really top 10 material?

waltermcphilp
06-04-2007, 01:45 PM
..babies?

and come on, is that really top 10 material?

my bad, i only recently rediscovered the early demos. its probably not top 10 material based on the song itself, i only *******d it because it seems fresh.

Shapan
06-04-2007, 01:47 PM
yeah, a couple of months ago tafh wouldve prolly comprised half of my list

dudehitscar
06-04-2007, 01:47 PM
I can't stand Jesus Loves his babies.

retardovat
06-04-2007, 02:00 PM
With such a low post count, I'm sure this is a requisite. better judgment aside:

1.Medellia of The Gray Skies
2.Whir
3.Daphne Descends
4.Mayonaise
5.Set The Ray To Jerry
6.Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
7.Suffer
8.Not Worth Asking
9.Behold! The Night Mare
10.Soma

runners up:Nothing and Everything, Hummer, For Martha, Galapogos, XYU

Dogfighter28
06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
in all seriousness:
Hummer
Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
Thirty-Three
Cherub Rock
Ava Adore
To Sheila
Soothe
Rhinoceros
Snail
Drown

pepper666
06-04-2007, 02:20 PM
out off my head in no particular order:

- Medellia of the grey skies - i wish they played it live but they never didnt (right me if i am wrong) - this song expressed exactly how i felt when i was in love.. pure beauty...
- Ava Adore
- Galapogos
- In the arms of sleep
- disarm (overplayed but deserves to be in the list)
- today (overplayed but deserves to be in the list)
- bwbw
- siyl
- mayo
- glynis

ZWAN: Cast a stone (never understood why this song wasnt released), Chicks just get in the way :)

didnt hear anything besides of tarantula from Zeitgeist, so hopefuly the list will change a little bit in a few weeks....

AndySlash
06-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Glass + the Ghost Children
Tear
Ava Adore
To Forgive
Set the Ray to Jerry
To Sheila
Disarm
Once In a While
Drown

j u n e
06-04-2007, 03:15 PM
rocket
rhinoceros
quiet
set the ray
drown
hummer
ruby
i of the mourning
tear
in my body

I Don't Live
06-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Muzzle
Beautiful
Geek USA
Behold! The Nightmare
Soma
Ruby
Porcelina
Mayonaise
To Shiela
This Time

pale_princess
06-04-2007, 03:39 PM
soma
set the ray to jerry
rhinoceros
believe
go
cherry
luna
snail
not worth asking
this time

zsp77
06-04-2007, 03:40 PM
I guess it always changes, but

1.) Drown

2.) Obscured

3.) Stumbeline

4.) Stand Inside Your Love

5.) Cupid De Locke

6.) Thru The Eyes Of Ruby

7.) Hummer

8.) Pennies

9.) Waiting

10.) Rhinoceros

11.) Here is No Why

zsp77
06-04-2007, 03:41 PM
soma
set the ray to jerry
rhinoceros
believe
go
cherry
luna
snail
not worth asking
this time

good stuff from TAFH, eh?!!

zsp77
06-04-2007, 03:47 PM
not worth asking
behold! the nightmare
there it goes
to sheila
la dolly vita
saturnine MII
slunk
heavy metal machine remix
plume
STRTJ

excellent choices, I love Saturnine and HMM also. In fact the HMM remix extended is fucking killer, and if you check my list I went for La DV also.

Oh yeah, and I wanted to put Plume and Frail and Bedazzled as well!

pale_princess
06-04-2007, 03:50 PM
good stuff from TAFH, eh?!!

i always say that the 1979 single is my second favourite "album" after sd :D

exactlythesame
06-04-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm surprised at all the people who posted in this thread.

10 - To Sheila
09 - Beautiful
08 - For Martha
07 - Shame
06 - Muzzle
05 - Thirty-Three
04 - Bodies
03 - Soma
02 - Thru the Eyes of Ruby
01 - By Starlight

Those really aren't in any order, but I do know that By Starlight still gives me chills if I'm in the right mood for it.

j u n e
06-04-2007, 03:55 PM
bleed :rockon:

maybe we need a top ten pre-gish thread. well, maybe not.

I'm surprised at all the people who posted in this thread.

try as some may to hide it, there are lots of (nerdy) fans here..

Boseph
06-04-2007, 04:03 PM
had to make it 15:

stumbleine
porcelina
we only come out at night
here is no why
soma
ruby
rhino
sweet sweet
blank page
la dolly vita
starla
hummer
muzzle
once in a while

astrosfan719
06-04-2007, 04:07 PM
1. Rhinocerous
2. Hummer
3. Cherub Rock
4. Tarantula
5. Bullet with Butterfly Wings
6. Muzzle
7. Silverfuck
8. Doomsday Clock
9. Gossamer
10. 1979

exactlythesame
06-04-2007, 04:08 PM
1. Rhinocerous
2. Hummer
3. Cherub Rock
4. Tarantula
5. Bullet with Butterfly Wings
6. Muzzle
7. Silverfuck
8. Doomsday Clock
9. Gossamer
10. 1979

Good call on Doomsday Clock.

bja1288
06-04-2007, 04:23 PM
1. Thru The Eyes Of Ruby
2. 1979
3. Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans
4. Hummer
5. Bury Me
6. Silverfuck
7. SIYL
8. Snail
9. Age Of Innocence
10. TAFH

pumpkins are an epics band. US sounds like the first one that is forced (unless there is layering that we are missing from the album).

skipgo
06-04-2007, 04:26 PM
1. SOMA!
2. Here is no why
3. Muzzle
4. Hummer
5. Snail
6. Once in awhile
7. set the ray to jerry
8. through the eyes of ruby
9. silverfuck
10. geek usa

man that's tough. I could keep going...
whir...obscured...starla...suffer...egg...jennifer ever....tonight tonight...bodies....rocket....luna....mouths of babes...la dolly vita... siyl....hello kitty kat...pennies...drown....porcelina...siva....trist essa....cherub rock....honeyspider....

skipgo
06-04-2007, 04:36 PM
why did this board stick a space in tristessa? i tried editing, but the space wasn't there. weird.

WeilandFan
06-04-2007, 05:57 PM
1. Tonight, Tonight
2. Disarm
3. Cherub Rock
4. Zero
5. Muzzle
6. Tarantula
7. The Everlasting Gaze
8. Untitled
9. To Sheila
10. The Aeroplane Flies High

The End Is The Beginning Is The End and Cash Car Star are honorable mentions. Favorite Billy solo song is Walking Shade, I really like that song, and favorite Zwan song is Settle Down.

AndySlash
06-04-2007, 06:06 PM
why did this board stick a space in tristessa? i tried editing, but the space wasn't there. weird.

because you have to use spaces or it does it for you.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

AndySlash
06-04-2007, 06:07 PM

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Here are the counts - what you've all been waiting for. Consider it a public service...

63 voters, 10 votes each. (I caught you trying to vote twice, RockLobster!!!1)

Hummer 27
Soma 27
Mayonaise 25
Porcelina 21
Set the Ray 18
Ruby 17
Cherub Rock 16
Rhinoceros 14
Snail 14
Drown 14
To Sheila 13
1979 13
Here Is No Why 13
Muzzle 13
Geek USA 12
For Martha 11
SIYL 11
Thirty-three 11
Tonight Tonight 11
Starla 11
Silverfuck 11
Behold! 10
XYU 10

by album
MCIS 168
SD 146
Adore 65
Gish 53
Machina 40
Zeitgeist 13
other 145

Dogfighter28
06-04-2007, 06:31 PM
why do people like Set the Ray... so much? A cool bass tone does not equal a great song. Sheesh.

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Album songs with zero votes:
Gish - none
SD - none
MCIS - Love, Take Me Down, WBFTT, Farewell and Goodnight
Adore - Once Upon a Time, Pug, Tale of Dusty, Annie-Dog
Machina - Sacred and Profane, Imploding Voice, Crying Tree, Blue Skies

neopryn
06-04-2007, 06:35 PM
someone voted for Sweet Sweet?

shannon
06-04-2007, 06:36 PM
kind of out of order at the end, but i guess if i had to pick...

soma
set the ray to jerry
geek usa
jellybelly
hello kitty kat
glynis
starla
spiteface
marquis in spades
silverfuck
for martha

i feel like i did that too quick and i didn't really think about it, but i guess it sums it up

shit i did 11... whatever

Dogfighter28
06-04-2007, 06:37 PM
no one said pug? shocking. great song just missed my list

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 06:38 PM
votes for the "Greatest Hits":
Siva 4
Rhinoceros 14
Drown 14
Cherub Rock 16
Today 3
Disarm 8
Landslide 0
BWBW 5
1979 13
Zero 6
Tonight, Tonight 11
Eye 0
Ava Adore 8
Perfect 1
Everlasting Gaze 3
SIYL 11
Real Love 0
Untitled 1

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 06:40 PM

"Boseph" did. He voted for 15 but I took his first 10.

firewoman
06-04-2007, 06:43 PM
this again... okay, this question is always fun anyways. for the moment, randomly

1. Mayonaise
2. Behold! the night mare
3. ava adore
4. Soma
5. Muzzle
6. Set the ray
7. Luna
8. The Sacred and Profane
9. For Martha
10.Pennies

I think i'm not happy with my list, it's impossible for me to be contented with just 10.

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 06:44 PM
sung by Billy 625
sung by James 2
instrumental 2
sung by D'Arcy 1

firewoman
06-04-2007, 07:04 PM
her site's intro is silly

mccririck
06-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Quiet
Hummer
Porcelina
Once In A While
Czarina
Pug
I of the Mourning
Geek USA
Drown

Irridescent Fairysex
06-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Doomsday Clock
7 Shades of Black
Bleeding the Orchid
That's the Way (My Love Is)
Tarantula
Starz
United States
Neverlost
For God and Country
Gossamer

Honorable mentions:

Soma
Galapogos
Hummer
Because They Are

This current list depicts the current spirit of the time of my heart, PLEASE NOTE they are not necessarily my all time favorites. BRING ON THE ZEITGEIST.

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 07:32 PM
86 songs received two or more votes
38 songs received one vote
total 124
(remember, 63 voters)

mccririck
06-04-2007, 07:37 PM
How many have recieved 5 or more votes?

mccririck
06-04-2007, 07:38 PM
no one said pug? shocking. great song just missed my list

I said "Pug". Fucking great track.

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 07:43 PM
I said "Pug". Fucking great track.

You said Pug after I did my little reporting.

46 songs with at least five votes, 23 with ten, 4 with twenty.

henkeharkins82
06-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Constantly changing but at the moment , in no particular order

Mayonaise
Blew Away
Hummer
An Ode To No One
Starla
ThirtyThree
Muzzle
I Am One
Rocket
Cherub Rock

see changed already

Irridescent Fairysex
06-04-2007, 07:47 PM
that doesn't really tell us anything, which songs have what votes?

mccririck
06-04-2007, 07:50 PM
You said Pug after I did my little reporting.

Never said it was before. :p

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Most typical Top Tens
1 (tie). *************
1 (tie). WhiteHotSoul
3. skipgo
4. starlaluna
5. I Don't Live

Least typical Top Tens
Z. unlachs
Y. Davin
X. dudehitscar
W. osamy
V. waltermcphilip

shannon
06-04-2007, 08:00 PM

for some reason, i thought this was really cute

shannon
06-04-2007, 08:00 PM
i'd assume soma has the most votes, but i could be wrong

mccririck
06-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I think 1979 will have most votes.

shannon
06-04-2007, 08:04 PM
or Geek USA

skipgo
06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
why do people like Set the Ray... so much? A cool bass tone does not equal a great song. Sheesh.
i actually like it for the drums, not the bass. Besides, this is about personal favorites isn't it? How can you debate what should or shouldn't be someone's favorite song? sheesh right back at you!

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 08:21 PM

Try reading the thread?

http://forums.netphoria.org/showpost.php?p=2714360&postcount=103

skipgo
06-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Most typical Top Tens
1 (tie). *************
1 (tie). WhiteHotSoul
3. skipgo
4. starlaluna
5. I Don't Live

Least typical Top Tens
Z. unlachs
Y. Davin
X. dudehitscar
W. osamy
V. waltermcphilip

i don't get it; how is mine more typical than many others here? I didn't put in 33, 1979, today, zero, rhinoceros, i am one, disarm, bwbw... wouldn't these songs be more "typical" ?

Irridescent Fairysex
06-04-2007, 08:25 PM
the internet works in strange ways, or so does jjbjjbjjb.

Dork USA
06-04-2007, 08:28 PM
he based it on which songs were getting the most votes - having hummer & soma (the two highest vote getters) would make your list more typical.

skipgo
06-04-2007, 08:35 PM
ahh, ok, i get it now :)

Irridescent Fairysex
06-04-2007, 08:36 PM
I KNEW that also already, I was just kidding hehe

Dork USA
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
^ do you go to Cal?

pale_princess
06-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Most typical Top Tens
1 (tie). *************
1 (tie). WhiteHotSoul
3. skipgo
4. starlaluna
5. I Don't Live

Least typical Top Tens
Z. unlachs
Y. Davin
X. dudehitscar
W. osamy
V. waltermcphilip
hey what aout me jjb?

dudehitscar
06-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Most typical Top Tens
1 (tie). *************
1 (tie). WhiteHotSoul
3. skipgo
4. starlaluna
5. I Don't Live

Least typical Top Tens
Z. unlachs
Y. Davin
X. dudehitscar
W. osamy
V. waltermcphilip

I'm not sure I qualify as I just listed my favorite from each album. Not exactly my real Top 10 of the whole career. It is cool to be on the 'least typical' list. :cool:

unlachs
06-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Least typical Top Tens
Z. unlachs
Y. Davin
X. dudehitscar
W. osamy
V. waltermcphilip

:rofl:

hooray im unique

zsp77
06-04-2007, 10:13 PM
yeah, Pug's great, as is Pennies and I can't believe I forgot Here is No Why. In fact, I'm changing my list.

runaroundkid
06-04-2007, 10:41 PM
1. Spiteface
2. Spiteface
3. Spiteface
4. Spiteface
5. Spiteface
6. Spiteface
7. Spiteface
8. Home
9. Spiteface
10. Pastichio Medley

:2thumbsup

but why are so many people filling their lists with all the zeitgeist songs? yeah i love them too but get some fucking perspective. they're just exciting because they're new. years, maybe only months from now the initial excitement will wear off and they'll slide way down the list. maybe not gossamer/U.S./orchid (these have "future classic" potential), but seriously calm down.

<sp3
06-04-2007, 11:15 PM
- Medellia of the grey skies - i wish they played it live but they never didnt (right me if i am wrong) - this song expressed exactly how i felt when i was in love.. pure beauty...

"
You're all I notice
In a crowded room
Your vacant motives
Unmoved, revealed
"

good line

<sp3
06-04-2007, 11:19 PM

LOL

why the hell didnt more people vote for Obscured? its fucking awsome!!!!

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 11:20 PM
:rofl:

hooray im unique

That's one way of putting it. ;) (And it wasn't even close! Haha.)

Then again, you were the only other person besides me to pick Heavy Metal Machine...

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 11:21 PM
hey what aout me jjb?

Tending toward the atypical - and you already know you're responsible for 100% of the mentions of songs with James on lead vocal.

<sp3
06-04-2007, 11:23 PM
yeah, Pug's great, as is Pennies and I can't believe I forgot Here is No Why. In fact, I'm changing my list.

list is impossible to make dude.. just give up

runaroundkid
06-04-2007, 11:24 PM
LOL

why the hell didnt more people vote for Obscured? its fucking awsome!!!!

i LOVE obscured, it's one of my favourites.

sweet sweet blows.

christian zombie vampires
06-04-2007, 11:39 PM
1 silverfuck TIED WITH FOR GOD AND COUNTRY
2 tonight tonight
3 thirty three
4 obscured
5 hello kitty kat
6 1979
7 frail and bedazzled
8 starla
9 rocket
10 pennies

jjbjjbjjb
06-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Here are some other tidbits I find interesting...

New songs receiving votes: Gossamer 6, Tarantula 6, Orchid 3, Doomsday Clock 2, Neverlost 1, Starz 1.

Some songs that received way fewer votes than I would have expected (of course, what do I know?):
Thru the Eyes of Ruby 17 (sixth-most, yes, but this is usually a top-two or -three song, and I'm shocked that it got fewer votes than Hummer and Porcelina)
Rocket 7 (fewer than Here Is No Why, XYU, and Behold the Night Mare?!)
I Am One 4, Siva 4 (compared with: Rhinoceros 14, Snail 14)
Today 3 (tied with The Everlasting Gaze?!)
Perfect 1 (tied with a whole bunch of utter crap)
Jennifer Ever, East, Blew Away, Pissant, Where Boys Fear to Tread, Eye, Let Me Give the World to You, Pug, Blue Skies Bring Tears... 0

There are two albums where there is a huge dropoff after the very top tracks:
Gish (Rhinoceros and Snail 14 each, next are Bury Me and Tristessa with 5 each)
Machina (Stand Inside Your Love with 11, next is I of the Mourning at 6)
Contrast this with...
SD (27, 27, 25, 16, 12, 11, 8, 7, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1)
MCIS (21, 17, 13, 13, 13, 11, 11, 10, 8, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5...)
Adore (13, 11, 10, 8, 7, 6, 4, 2, 2...)

Shapan
06-05-2007, 12:25 AM

song is awesome, underrated as hell.

but too short and doesnt have enough going on to be top 10.

Dork USA
06-05-2007, 12:31 AM
love it jbb.... interesting stuff.

what you might wanna try is assigning a point system to where they are ranked to see if certain songs are not liked by a lot of people, but the people who like it REALLY like it... or whether soma or hummer is really more popular, you know?

Dork USA
06-05-2007, 12:32 AM
And I don't think many people automatically think of Thru the Eyes of Ruby as a top 3 song, let alone top 10. I was pretty surprised it is #6.

amar0331
06-05-2007, 12:41 AM
1. Mayo
2. bodies
3. Geek usa
4. muzzle
5. today
6. wound
7. xyu
8. tonite
9. dross
10 tarantula

jjbjjbjjb
06-05-2007, 12:41 AM
And I don't think many people automatically think of Thru the Eyes of Ruby as a top 3 song, let alone top 10. I was pretty surprised it is #6.

It could be the "top 10" thing - when "absolute favorite song" polls are done, Soma and Ruby usually come out 1-2. (At least I know it used to be that way...I see an awful lot of people in this thread saying Hummer, which I do not understand *at all*, but hey, whatever.)

Dork USA
06-05-2007, 12:46 AM
what you might wanna try is assigning a point system to where they are ranked to see if certain songs are not liked by a lot of people, but the people who like it REALLY like it... or whether soma or hummer is really more popular, you know?

Could answer the ruby question.... was it mostly lurking in the back at 7,8 etc?

teamneedle
06-05-2007, 12:53 AM
heh, #5
spelled wrong, woops.

jjbjjbjjb
06-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Could answer the ruby question.... was it mostly lurking in the back at 7,8 etc?

An awful lot of people said "no particular order", and very few people made it reasonably clear that they intended the order in which they listed the songs. (Also, I just didn't inc-lude the order of the songs in compiling the data!)

monkeyfritters
06-05-2007, 01:05 AM
here's my number one:

http://www.therevox.com/sounds/et-1%20-%20sleepwalk.mp3

Dork USA
06-05-2007, 01:14 AM
if it's no order you can assume they are all equal, no?

edit: actually probably not. Well, you could just try the same things only with songs that were ranked?

jjbjjbjjb
06-05-2007, 01:21 AM
if it's no order you can assume they are all equal, no?

edit: actually probably not. Well, you could just try the same things only with songs that were ranked?

Well, we know people could probably rank the songs if they had to, but I treated them as all equal - a mention was a mention.

I honestly don't think it's worth trying to torture this data that much - this is one poll on one site at one moment in time. This sort of poll has been done many times. I don't think there are too many secrets in there... Soma and Mayonaise are going to be in the top five every time. TTEOR and STRTJ are going to be in the top ten every time. The long weepy songs are always going to make a good showing among the sorts of fans who care so deeply that they post to message boards at 2am.

unlachs
06-05-2007, 01:46 AM
That's one way of putting it. ;) (And it wasn't even close! Haha.)

Then again, you were the only other person besides me to pick Heavy Metal Machine...

there are few versions of that floating around.....such a shame that the one that made it on the album is bloody awful

SOLIDAge
06-05-2007, 03:15 AM
1 stand inside your love
2 Blank Page
3 Everlasting Gaze
4 Daphne Decends
5 Let me Give the World to You
6 Porcelina
7 Tarantula
8 By Starlight
9 We only come out at night
10 For Martha

mccririck
06-05-2007, 04:34 AM
Thru the Eyes of Ruby 17 (sixth-most, yes, but this is usually a top-two or -three song, and I'm shocked that it got fewer votes than Hummer and Porcelina)

I'm not. Ruby is usually over-rated. in fact I think it's overrated in sixth place. It's not a great song.

mccririck
06-05-2007, 04:35 AM
Rocket 7 (fewer than Here Is No Why, XYU, and Behold the Night Mare?!)

Rocket is another song I tend to dislike. Annoying and whiney.

Rockin' Cherub
06-05-2007, 04:39 AM
lol i didn't even once think about the sheer possibility of adding an sp2 song

Shapan
06-05-2007, 04:46 AM
i like tarantula and everything but putting it in the pumpkins top 10 makes me sick

Josh
06-05-2007, 05:06 AM
can't be fucked reading thread, to the poiiinntt:

heartsong
come with me
heartsong
come with me
heartsong
come with me
heartsong
come with me
heartsong
come with me

but really:

in my body (cover, right?)
blissed and gone
cherub rock
obscured
tear
bleeding the orchid
farewell and goodnight
siva
where boys fear to tread
speed kills
drown
that's 11. this is silly. ALL here are equal, or un-ranked.

most of the time i'll listen to ONE song a lot, and then grow tired of it, and move on. haha.

edit: 300th post! :D:D

Josh
06-05-2007, 05:14 AM
i like tarantula and everything but putting it in the pumpkins top 10 makes me sick

i know, but i think everyone who has it there is still going on the original buzz of actually having a new sp studio song.

Eiki
06-05-2007, 05:16 AM
hey guys, i'm late.

1) Tonight, Tonight
2) Mayonaise (earphoria)
3) Thirty-Three
4) Hummer
5) Thru the Eyes of Ruby
6) Shame
7) Rocket
8) Hello Kitty Kat
9) Set the Ray to Jerry
10) Stumbleine

... and i ran out of space.

zsp77
06-05-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm not. Ruby is usually over-rated. in fact I think it's overrated in sixth place. It's not a great song.

What? You're busting on Ruby? Wow, that's bold and truthfully borders on insanity.

j u n e
06-05-2007, 10:49 AM
in my body

i'm glad someone else agrees that this is a good song. one of few on machina II.
it's a cover?! if so, who is the original..?

j u n e
06-05-2007, 10:50 AM

imagine how the people who place sp on their top 5 bands feel, shap.

jjbjjbjjb
06-05-2007, 12:12 PM

If it's usually overrated, and it's overrated now, then it makes sense you aren't surprised. But if it's usually far overrated (top 2-3) and in this it's not as overrated (6th), shouldn't you be surprised? That's why I'm surprised. I didn't say whether I thought it was a great song...

Axis of Action
06-05-2007, 12:35 PM
1. geek usa
2. starla
3. silverfuck
4. for martha
5. cherub rock
6. here is no why
7. ruby
8. whir
9. mayonaise
10. crush

this about near killed me.

Dork USA
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
^ great list

the arms of sleep
06-05-2007, 01:12 PM
master list......in no particular order

1. galapogos
2. muzzle
3. age of innocence
4. soma
5. thirty three
6. for martha
7. heres to the atom bomb (new wave)
8. tonight tonight
9. luna
10. frail and bedazzled

UCLAspFan
06-05-2007, 01:24 PM
This will be weird:

1. Soot and Stars
2. Daphne Descends
3. Set the ray to Jerry
4. Real Love
5. Whir
6. Glynis
7. Jennifer Ever
8. In the arms of sleep
9. To Forgive
10. Starla

Shapan
06-05-2007, 04:18 PM
imagine how the people who place sp on their top 5 bands feel, shap.

hey i still love SP as much as any other guy, it just happens i love other bands more. im sure it didnt help seeing billy produce the crap he has since the pumpkins originally disbanded.

i have too much love to give, really.

NovaFritz
06-05-2007, 04:22 PM
all of these lists suck.
here is the one true list:

1. Spaceboy
2. Take Me Down
3. Last Song
4. Blue Skies Bring Tears
5. Blank Page
6. Ava Adore
7. Soot and Stars
8. Untitled
9. Summer
10. Innocense

Now THAT is a dream list!!

Shapan
06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
i think most people will stop reading at blue skies bring tears

runaroundkid
06-05-2007, 07:53 PM
1. spiteface
2. rhinoceros
3. there it goes
4. my eternity
5. nothing and everything
6. snap
7. 6234
8. holiday
9. bleed
10. the vigil

Axis of Action
06-05-2007, 07:54 PM
troo fan alert :rolleyes:

runaroundkid
06-05-2007, 09:01 PM
i guess you can't make a joke around here... *shrug*
although i do sincerely love those first 5

NovaFritz
06-05-2007, 09:09 PM
runaroundkid, why dont you runbackhome?

yoshinobu's revenge
06-05-2007, 10:18 PM
ok bitchez

Hello Kitty Kat
Soma
Rocket
Siva
Bury Me
Zero
To Sheila
I of the Mourning

Trotskilicious
06-05-2007, 11:06 PM
no order

Rocket
Geek U.S.A
Mayonaise
Fuck You (an Ode to No One)
Thru The Eyes of Ruby
Zero
Once in a While
Hello Kitty Kat
Set the Ray to Jerry

Trotskilicious
06-05-2007, 11:10 PM
and special shout out to x.y.u

ordinary apathy
06-06-2007, 01:02 AM
A friend who had never heard anything but the singles, Siamese Dream, and Adore once asked me to make a cd comp for him of my favorite SP songs that he's never heard. It took me weeks to do it, because I was so worked up over what songs would best represent the band and why I loved them, and the order needed to flow just right. I don't know why I took it so seriously. I feel like I'm not even capable of making a top ten list.

Shapan
06-06-2007, 01:19 AM
if i had to make someone a mix of the smumpkins it would probably be at least 20 songs.

Dork USA
06-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Something else I would have liked to do with this data is find correlations between songs chosen, as in: do a lot of songs that have "fuck you" in them also have something like "jellybelly?" Would make sense, right? It's easy to do once u have the data by just dividing the number of lists they are in together by the total number of lists they are in.

The only reason to care is because u could then sort of determine what kind of music someone will like based on one song they like..... please forgive me for being nerdy.

mccririck
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
troo fan alert :rolleyes:

:lol: