View Full Version : Authentication of Signed Siamese Dream Album

Tournée d'adieu
06-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I've been meaning to do this for a long time, but for some reason haven't until now. Anyway, for my birthday last year a friend got me a signed copy of Siamese Dream from a Hyde Park used music store, the name of which escapes me at the moment. I was wondering if people could tell me if it looked authentic (I checked some stuff on ebay to compare it with and they seemed much clearer than the signature on this cover, which is why I got suspicious).

From what I can tell, it seems that if it was signed by Pumpkins members, it was only by James...and is that D for D'arcy? As you can see, exactly who signed this is also a question I have.

Here is a picture:

http://tinyurl.com/3777nj

Thank you for your help.

**crosses fingers that it's real**

DamingR
06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Looks real to me.

Tournée d'adieu
06-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Do you think that's just James's signature? I can't decide if the thing above "James" is "Iha' or "D" something.

said badly...
06-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Looks a lot like D'Arcy's sig. The record store you're thinking of is probably Hyde Park Records. Great fucking shop.

Tournée d'adieu
06-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Yep, that's the record store.

How the hell couldn't I remember the name? It's so simple...

Ah, the mysteries of memory.

Cool As Ice Cream
06-04-2007, 02:08 AM
Looks like real Pumpkins signatures to me.

D'arcy's signature is bigger than just the D. I think it in<jskj>cludes the D, a Y and a star.

Also, that lilttle face thingy, isn't that usually part of Jimmy's sig and not James'?

KID A
06-04-2007, 07:05 AM
Yeh remember on the viewphoria where theyve got the camera on darcy signing the promo posters and she signs the D with a star or love heart or squiggle. And yeh i thought it was jimmy that signed with the face. looks real to me

Cool As Ice Cream
06-04-2007, 07:08 AM
so there are at least two sigs (james and d'arcyk) on there. and maybe even a third one (jimmy).

Tournée d'adieu
06-04-2007, 07:24 AM
so there are at least two sigs (james and d'arcyk) on there. and maybe even a third one (jimmy).

Oh wow, it's even better than I'd hoped. Too bad only one actual band member signed. :p

But seriously, thank you all for taking the time to look at it.

I wonder where Corgan was when this was signed...

How much would this be worth, do you think?

Cool As Ice Cream
06-04-2007, 07:51 AM
How much would this be worth, do you think?
dunno.

DamingR
06-04-2007, 09:53 AM
I thought it looked like just James and Darcy, but yeah the smiley looks like JC.

The good news is that Billy is probably the easiest autograph to get right now out of the 4, so you should be able to complete that set if you want. Remember that he will probably sign the year on it, so it won't make any sense, but at least it would be complete.