you will
you will fly away again
you will

straight into the ???? sun

you will break my heart against
my will
my will

I bleed dead of your gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???

...solo...

You Said
06-03-2007, 06:59 PM
go find you another son 2 looooooove.

ravenguy2000
06-03-2007, 06:59 PM
i pledge allegiance to the underworld
one nation under dog
there of which i stand alone
a face in the crowd
unsung, against the mold
without a doubt,
singled out
the only way i know

dasuitekilla
06-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Sincerly.

You Said
06-03-2007, 07:09 PM
IS TWO ZERO ZERO SEVEN OK!?

bardy
06-03-2007, 07:14 PM
there are two or three lines where he just mumbles and it pisses me off

theeggofhope
06-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I know some people want to get a studio version of Gossamer, but I hope its just a song they play live, I don't know how you could record it......its like Mary Star of the Sea, on the Zwan Album it was a good song, but it was attached to Jesus, I which is a song I didn't much care for, but when they did MSotS live it was a 15-17 min jamming version of that song....
maybe they should have just kept it as a live song and not put it on the album or tried to record it, some songs just sound better live....

Gossamer-Rock Am Ring(my lyrics)

you will fly away again
you will
straight into the heart of the sun(a pink floyd reference to set the controls for the heart of the sun?)
straight into the heart of everyone
my will
???????????????
?????????of everyone

you fly away when you say you won't
you follow when you swear you just don't
I can't rule you no more

go buy you another sun
buy you another sun to love
go find you another sun

go buy you another sun
go find you another sun to gun down
go find you
another sun

you don't want me anymore
you don't love me anymore
no more

(uli john roth solo)

you will fly away again you will
bleed(?) into the heart of the sun
you will break my heart against my will
love bleeding out of your gun

bardy
06-03-2007, 07:35 PM
I dont know about the pink floyd reference, I think this song is about the greek myth about the kid that was warned (by his father) not to fly too close to the sun because his wings would burn

but he loved flying so much and wanted to be such a badass... that he did it, and died.

your lyrics are much more complete than mine good job

Runsaber
06-03-2007, 07:35 PM
stepped out of the line
like a sheep runs from the herd
marching out of time
to my own beat now
THE ONLY WAY I KNOW

theeggofhope
06-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I dont know about the pink floyd reference, I think this song is about the greek myth about the kid that was warned (by his father) not to fly too close to the sun because his wings would burn

but he loved flying so much and wanted to be such a badass... that he did it, and died.

your lyrics are much more complete than mine good job

Icarus?

bardy
06-03-2007, 07:38 PM
yeah I guess. I havent read any of those myths in a long time :(

"Daedalus built the labrynth for King Minos, but afterwards lost the favour of the king, and was shut up in a tower. He contrived to make his escape from his prison, but could not leave the island by sea, as the king kept strict watch on all the vessels, and permitted none to sail without being carefully searched. “Minos may control the land and sea,” said Daedalus, “but not the regions of the air. I will try that way.” So he set to work to fabricate wings for himself and his young son Icarus. He wrought feathers together, beginning with the smallest and adding larger, so as to form an increasing surface. The larger ones he secured with thread and the smaller with wax, and gave the whole a gentle curvature like the wings of a bird. Icarus, the boy, stood and looked on, sometimes running to gather up the feathers which the wind had blown away, and then handling the wax and working it over with his fingers, by his play impeding his father in his labours. When at last the work was done, the artist, waving his wings, found himself buoyed upward, and hung suspended, poising himself on the beaten air. He next equipped his son in the same manner and taught him how to fly, as a bird tempts her young ones from the lofty nest into the air. When all was prepared for flight he said, “Icarus, my son, I charge you to keep at a moderate height, for if you fly too low the damp will clog your wings, and if too high the heat will melt them. Keep near me and you will be safe.” While he gave him these instructions and fitted the wings to his shoulders, the face of the father was wet with tears, and his hands trembled. He kissed the boy, not knowing that it was for the last time. Then rising on his wings, he flew off, encouraging him to follow, and looked back from his own flight to see how his son managed his wings. As they flew the ploughman stopped his work to gaze, and the shepherd leaned on his staff and watched them, astonished at the sight, and thinking they were gods who could thus cleave the air.

:"They passed Samos and Delos on the left and Lebynthos on the right, when the boy, exulting in his career, began to leave the guidance of his companion and soar upward as if to reach heaven. The nearness of the blazing sun softened the wax which held the feathers together, and they came off. He fluttered with his arms, but no feathers remained to hold the air. While his mouth uttered cries to his father it was submerged in the blue waters of the sea which thenceforth was called by his name. His father cried, “Icarus, Icarus, where are you?” At last he saw the feathers floating on the water, and bitterly lamenting his own arts, he buried the body and called the land Icaria in memory of his child. Daedalus arrived safe in Sicily, where he built a temple to Apollo, and hung up his wings, an offering to the god."''

Runsaber
06-03-2007, 07:41 PM
tl; dr

its about courtney love.

theeggofhope
06-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Billy is a huge Pink Floyd fan(he helped induct them into the rock'n'roll hall of fame) and he loves to make historical musical references in his songs, I think he might have swiped that from Floyd...

I'm not sure if this song is about how Billy feels about his fans and performing, and how people have shit all over the music he has been making, how he feels abandoned, he's the sun and many of his fan's have gone away, strayed from the sun, breaking his heart, and its left him at a bitter place or maybe its about kurt cobain's suicide....
who knows....

morecowbell
06-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure if this song is about how Billy feels about his fans and performing, and how people have shit all over the music he has been making, how he feels abandoned, he's the sun and many of his fan's have gone away, strayed from the sun, breaking his heart, and its left him at a bitter place

good point, hadn't thought about this (thought it was son)

bardy
06-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Billy is a huge Pink Floyd fan(he helped induct them into the rock'n'roll hall of fame) and he loves to make historical musical references in his songs, I think he might have swiped that from Floyd...

I'm not sure if this song is about how Billy feels about his fans and performing, and how people have shit all over the music he has been making, how he feels abandoned, he's the sun and many of his fan's have gone away, strayed from the sun, breaking his heart, and its left him at a bitter place or maybe its about kurt cobain's suicide....
who knows....

what? how does that even make sense?

I really hope billy is not as pansy as to write a song with those lyrics that have to deal with fans not liking him. I am hoping it's a bt more complex that him going to eat some worms. He already made a song or two about this and I hope that is all he will make.

theeggofhope
06-03-2007, 07:48 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gossamer_%28novel%29

theeggofhope
06-03-2007, 09:47 PM
http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?p=2712011#post2712011

enthusaroo
06-04-2007, 12:19 AM
The lyrics were VERY clear on the webcast. I watched it live the night of the webcast, but unfortunately I'm still waiting to download it, because some stupid newbie dumbasses aren't seeding it after they finish downloading it. People on this board are so fucking selfish with seeding torrents. I really want this download to finish so I can watch the show again. It was an awesome show.

bardy
06-04-2007, 12:53 AM
are you serious? there are about 5 threads on the trading board where people are offering different spots to download it from. And we are all getting the lyrics from the same webcast you watched. Jesus you are such an asshole I don't even want to hear your take on the lyrics. Fuck off.

davin
06-04-2007, 12:53 AM
interesting ideas. if you go by bardy's theory on icarus, then maybe some of the "sun" references in theegoofhope's lyrics should be "son" instead?

bardy
06-04-2007, 12:55 AM
well davin I think they can be sun and son... becuase, well, they both fit into the context of the story. and spankarine actually was the one who suggested the connection, I think, I just agreed with it.

I was hoping he was alternating between "sun" and "son" like he did with "nobodies" and "no bodys"

theeggofhope
06-04-2007, 12:57 AM
I am familiar with the story of Icarus and honestly I don't see its relation to the song...
maybe thats just me...

davin
06-04-2007, 01:00 AM
well davin I think they can be sun and son... becuase, well, they both fit into the context of the story. and spankarine actually was the one who suggested the connection, I think, I just agreed with it.

I was hoping he was alternating between "sun" and "son" like he did with "nobodies" and "no bodys"

yea, thats what i was getting at...both words, not just 1 or the other.

pretty cool theory, imo.

dasuitekilla
06-04-2007, 01:13 AM
you will fly away again
you will
straight into the heart of the sun
my will
I will be dead out of a gun
I will be dead out of everyone

fly, fly away when you say you won't
I can't rule you no more

we'll buy you another sun
we'll buy you another sun to love

go find you
another sun

no more

(uli john roth solo)

bleed into the heart of the sun

Lyric
06-04-2007, 01:46 AM
actually i think this song is about a girl. someone was complaining that there are no songs about girls on zetgiest. well here you go. this is it.

I also find it amusing that none of you have noticed that in wearing his kimono billy also has his own gossamer wings.

Although this is slightly off topic, i also think that when he say's "close your eyes, you'll see the angel die" in tarantual he is refering to himself.

theeggofhope
06-04-2007, 02:05 AM
actually i think this song is about a girl. someone was complaining that there are no songs about girls on zetgiest. well here you go. this is it.

it could be about a girl, I have given that theory some thought and it definately fits in with some of the lyrics, but I still don't think that is it...
and this isn't really on zeitgeist...

werideatdusk
06-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Is two-zero-zero-seven okaaaaaaay?

there's a war across this U.S.A.

drbenway
06-04-2007, 09:49 AM
According to Netphoria, about half of the Pumpkins catalogue are songs about the fans.

But anyway... I think the Pink Floyd reference is spot on. The extended instrumental bit (the keyboards, the guitar sounds) are pure Pink Floyd. I think he's absolutely tipping his hat to them.

bardy
06-04-2007, 10:02 AM
I think if this song was any sort of political in nature it would have ended up on the album so keep that in mind.

sweetturpentine
06-04-2007, 10:15 AM
the best bit is in the paris recording at 18:03 when billy goes "rawwwwlllll"

theeggofhope
06-04-2007, 05:01 PM

because when they come to take you away.....
MARCH!!!! RAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!
MARCH!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWLLLLLLL!!!!

AndySlash
06-04-2007, 05:45 PM
People on this board are so fucking selfish with seeding torrents.

We have a tracker? That's news to me.

bardy
06-07-2007, 01:05 AM
edited from secret acoustic gig:

you will fly away again
you will
straight into the heart of the sun
my will
I will be dead (out of?) a gun
I will be dead (out of?) everyone

you (fluff along?/far for long?) when you swear you just don't
I can't thrill you no more

we'll find you another sun to love

we'll buy you another sun to gun down

no more

khaos_protocol
06-07-2007, 05:15 AM
I think with the material surrounding machina that its entirely possible this could be a continuation in some form of that story.

I also think in a round-a-bout way it also has a kind of religious element to it.

I like it though, its very visual.

BelleOFawning
10-07-2007, 02:11 AM
Having Read that Wikipedia entry about the Novel Gossamer
It was depressing that
Gossamer was not allowed to Develop Human Emotions.

*clears throat*

unlachs
10-07-2007, 02:19 AM

that scream is fucking killer

actually...do we have a consensus on the best version of gossamer?

i've only got the paris version, and some other, where he just wails 'mama' towards the end

wilch
10-07-2007, 02:28 AM
I fucking loved the yelping at the end

JRiordan
10-07-2007, 04:08 AM
I love thie song.... and await its return

sootandstarz33
11-03-2007, 10:08 PM
we'll find you another sun to love

Am I the only person that hears "Go buy you another son?"

-----

I definately think its "son" rather than "sun".

*Cue the smart ass mean comments*

obscured1
11-04-2007, 04:47 AM
he clearly says "go find" in the 7/30 version, there's absolutely no "we'll find"...

aiolia
11-04-2007, 07:12 AM
To me, this song is definitely about a girl, who'll just fly away against his will.

Come on, it's so obvious from lines like

"You don't love me anymore...
no more..."

He's letting the girl fly away, and tells her
"Go find another sun to love"
He was her 'sun', but now he's setting her free, and wishes her new 'sun' to love, but it saddens him so much...

Anyway, this song still kills me everytime I listen to it.

obscured1
11-04-2007, 01:44 PM
i think it's "son", as in another son of a mother and father...

but that's the beauty of music, it is interpreted differently by each person, and that's ok...

i'm sure it's not about this, but i want it to be about a mother leaving a child behind, like my mom did me...

when i put it in that context it cuts to the bone...

it hurts even more w/ that melancholy pad the keyboardist is playing when he sings that part...

slunken
11-04-2007, 01:50 PM
i think the son he refers to means go find some other boy (not him)

AnnMarie727
11-04-2007, 01:55 PM
i think it's "son", as in another son of a mother and father...

but that's the beauty of music, it is interpreted differently by each person, and that's ok...

i'm sure it's not about this, but i want it to be about a mother leaving a child behind, like my mom did me...

when i put it in that context it cuts to the bone...

it hurts even more w/ that melancholy pad the keyboardist is playing when he sings that part...

:cry: :( (little icon guy giving a hug) <- why dont we have one of these. can we please get one?

Diesel
11-04-2007, 03:50 PM
I know some people want to get a studio version of Gossamer, but I hope its just a song they play live, I don't know how you could record it......its like Mary Star of the Sea, on the Zwan Album it was a good song, but it was attached to Jesus, I which is a song I didn't much care for, but when they did MSotS live it was a 15-17 min jamming version of that song....
maybe they should have just kept it as a live song and not put it on the album or tried to record it, some songs just sound better live....

Gossamer-Rock Am Ring(my lyrics)

you will fly away again
you will
straight into the heart of the sun(a pink floyd reference to set the controls for the heart of the sun?)
my will
???????????????
?????????of everyone

I can't rule you no more

go buy you another sun
buy you another sun to love
go find you another sun

go buy you another sun
go find you
another sun

no more

(uli john roth solo)

bleed(?) into the heart of the sun

damn, that's beautiful :cry:

I think those are as close as we'll come

Iri
11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
http://www.billycorgan.it/t_zeitgeist.asp#goss

Diesel
11-05-2007, 01:21 PM
lol@

"Everybody got to be afraid
‘cause when they come in take you away
oh oh marsch OOH marsch
MARSCH!"

sootandstarz33
11-05-2007, 09:46 PM
AH, I said AH, rock!

brotagaia
12-20-2007, 08:02 AM
The song isn't about a girl or love or Courtney Love - it's about salvation. It's so much deeper than about a silly romantic relationship - it's about a relationship with the most important person in the world and about how you got there and what you went through and what will become as a result of it. Listen to the music - especially the guitar solo and actually *feel* what it's trying to tell you. If you can't *feel* it, you haven't been there yet.

Kahlo
12-20-2007, 08:10 AM
whats with all the people with 1 post in this thread?