View Full Version : Billy's New Band

TAFH
06-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Zeitgeist, the new album of Billy's new band, it certainly isn't the smashing pumpkins, I call these clowns Billy Jimmy... he's stabbing the memory of his old band, the band that gave him success, he's manipulating young people like you using politics he clearly doesn't understand to sell his shitty music, and of course, the new members of the band... were never introduced... THAT'S WHAT BILLY NEEDS, SILENT CLOWNS THAT DON'T DO ANYTHING BUT FULFILL HIS WHIMS...

Who gives a crap about the new members ? Reyes ? Gonzales ? Rodriguez ? wtf ? did he hire some mexican illegal immigrants now ? Have they been formally announced ? Of course not... everyone found out who they were after the first gig... WOW, THAT'S HOW IMPORTANT THEY ARE... THAT'S HOW MUCH RELEVANCE THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE IN THE SONGS...

I can't believe that I am going from disliking Billy Corgan to actually hating him...

you kids are too young to understand the level of political manipulation, but it's sick, this capitalist son of a bitch is selling out his country for profit... why use the drowning statue of liberty ? There are only 2 or 3 political songs in the album. It already looked suspicious to me when he put those kids in prison, the artwork incident... it looked suspicious cause he behaved like the most capitalist self-centered jerk who thinks he's god...

I was once a big fan, I think I will always be, but of the Smashing Pumpkins, I'm not a fan of Billy Corgan, cause Billy Corgan is a fucking self-centered fag, and got successful because he used Nirvana's name and fame...

oh yeah right, he says he believes in Jesus... I'm sure Jesus would approve of selling out for money and acting in total despair to become rich...

TAFH
06-03-2007, 10:42 AM
I'll expose some lies by Billy the Son of a Bitch:

September 15, 2003. Billy said regarding Zwan "At the end of the day, without that sense of deeper family loyalty, it just becomes like anything else... our attitude in the Pumpkins was, it was a do or die proposition, and that got us through all the hard times we went through, particularly with the Pumpkins where we had two members with serious drug problems."

Then he said he would only reform the "Pumpkins. You'll never see Zwan. I'll never go anywhere near those people. Ever. I mean, I detest them. You can put that in capital letters. Bad people. James and D'Arcy are good people. They might be misguided people, but they're good people."

Then he said about D'arcy in a blog entry for February 17 2004, "she's a mean spirited drug addict."

contradictory isn't it ??? Wasn't D'arcy supposed to be good people ? Hmmmm

Another interesting quote: "I think my heart was in Smashing Pumpkins [. . .] I think it was naive of me to think that I could find something that would mean as much to me."

What a lying motherfucker... he didn't reunite the band... He's using its name TO SELL, SELL, SELL, SELL... Zeitgeist is another fucking project with Jimmy and one-album-clowns...

Cherub Angel
06-03-2007, 10:43 AM
troll

StrikeEagle
06-03-2007, 10:44 AM
moan moan moan

Cherub Angel
06-03-2007, 10:45 AM
bitch bitch bitch

andrewface
06-03-2007, 10:46 AM
lolololoolol
your dumb

brendo_91
06-03-2007, 10:47 AM
your dumb

NovaFritz
wow, TAFH, what the fuck is up your ass this morning?
please don't take out your anger on the pumpkins

sweter33
wow, you're such a retard.

Billy, if that's you, please stop making people on netphoria write back "no, the new pumpkins are great", it's patethic.

if you're not Billy, then you're a totally hopeless person. you don't like a band that you used to? come to terms with it, or force yourself to like it, no other way, buddy; whining on a messageboard won't help you. you know, there must be tons of other bands/artists you dislike/hate. Perhaps blink 182, 2pac, j.lo... spending time on their messageboard will be as fruitful as your posts here.

GlasgowKiss
06-03-2007, 10:48 AM
I was once a big fan, I think I will always be, but of the Smashing Pumpkins, I'm not a fan of Billy Corgan, cause Billy Corgan is a fucking self-centered fag, and got successful because he used Nirvana's name and fame...
Preach it brother! So obsessed with kurt he cant stop banging his widow.

VermoWorld
06-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Maybe you've overlooked the fact that America is based on Capitalism.

sweter33
06-03-2007, 10:52 AM
when he put those kids in prison

yes, he personally traced them down, handcuffed, and then sentenced

oh, the democracy and capitalism...

Methuselah
06-03-2007, 10:55 AM
I lol'ed.

BurtSampson
06-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Jesus Christ, you people are still bitching?! What did you guys do when Melissa came on board?

teamneedle
06-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Good people fall into drugs. fuck off

GlasgowKiss
06-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Good people fall into drugs. fuck off
Yeah, im sure they tripped and fell onto the needle. Thats what happened.

DougieZero
06-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Here is another whiny post-9/11 bushie...

I hate Billy now because he is drowning the statue of liberty up to it's ankles... Waaaaaaaa.

You know what that means.... Billy hates America!.

Effloresce
06-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Billy's a turrurrist

Channah
06-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Shut up TAFH.

andrewface
06-03-2007, 11:08 AM
lets just not reply anymore and let this sink away...its pointless TAHF hates the band so much and yet hes here writing 2 pages about them.??

smashingjj
06-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't fully agree with the original post but anyone who can't kind of relate to what that guy is saying is an idiot.

smashingjj
06-03-2007, 11:10 AM
waaah waaah we're all clueless obsessed fanboys and we can't handle it when there's some criticism

BurtSampson
06-03-2007, 11:16 AM
waaah waaah we're all clueless obsessed fanboys and we can't handle it when there's some criticism

Criticism and Trolling are two completely different things.

smashingjj
06-03-2007, 11:18 AM
yes, also they're two words that don't need to be written with capitals

morecowbell
06-03-2007, 11:26 AM
you kids are too young to understand the level of political manipulation,

uh, dude, didn't you read the age poll? many people here are pushing (or have recently pushed) 30

sweter33
anyone who can't kind of relate to what that guy is saying is an idiot.

that's how you can tell the original post is not criticism, you cannot relate to it, there's no argumentation, just 100% whiney trolling, this guy has some psychological issues, read his previous posts... he might be going through his andropause period though... he keeps mentioning his age every now and then

bellis123
shut the fuck up

caliphornia
06-03-2007, 11:28 AM
troll.

ban.

Virex Kills
06-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Troll.

Ban.

I was once a big fan

10 years ago. Move on.

jamesey
06-03-2007, 11:35 AM
What a lying motherfucker... he didn't reunite the band... He's using its name TO SELL, SELL, SELL, SELL... Zeitgeist is another fucking project with Jimmy and one-album-clowns...

James Iha? I didnt know you were on the internet.

andrewface
06-03-2007, 11:39 AM
zeitgeist wont be the last SP record

BurtSampson
06-03-2007, 11:45 AM
yes, also they're two words that don't need to be written with capitals

Actually, criticism did need to be capitalized, as it was the beginning of a sentence.

Axis of Action
06-03-2007, 11:45 AM
thanks for the history lesson grandpa :rolleyes:

medellia
06-03-2007, 11:47 AM
petition to rechristen this new incarnation of smashing pumpkins Billy Corgan & friends of his ego

teamneedle
06-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah, im sure they tripped and fell onto the needle. Thats what happened.
So it makes you bad that you do drugs? Are they going straight to hell?

I'm glad the world is black and white to you.

Porceliamone
06-03-2007, 12:06 PM
failed

Channah
06-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Corgan Rules is a fanboy, most people who post on Netphoria are not. I take his point about Billy constantly contradicting himself, but frankly the new stuff kicks ass so I don't give a shit.

smashingjj
06-03-2007, 12:28 PM
you better shut up about Corgan Rules!

GlasgowKiss
06-03-2007, 12:31 PM
So it makes you bad that you do drugs? Are they going straight to hell?

I'm glad the world is black and white to you.
There is nothing wrong with drugs whatsoever. The fact that you pointed out that good people can fall into them means you think they're bad. Which makes you a target for ridicule.

zsp77
06-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Zeitgeist, the new album of Billy's new band, it certainly isn't the smashing pumpkins, I call these clowns Billy Jimmy... he's stabbing the memory of his old band, the band that gave him success, he's manipulating young people like you using politics he clearly doesn't understand to sell his shitty music, and of course, the new members of the band... were never introduced... THAT'S WHAT BILLY NEEDS, SILENT CLOWNS THAT DON'T DO ANYTHING BUT FULFILL HIS WHIMS...

Who gives a crap about the new members ? Reyes ? Gonzales ? Rodriguez ? wtf ? did he hire some mexican illegal immigrants now ? Have they been formally announced ? Of course not... everyone found out who they were after the first gig... WOW, THAT'S HOW IMPORTANT THEY ARE... THAT'S HOW MUCH RELEVANCE THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE IN THE SONGS...

I can't believe that I am going from disliking Billy Corgan to actually hating him...

you kids are too young to understand the level of political manipulation, but it's sick, this capitalist son of a bitch is selling out his country for profit... why use the drowning statue of liberty ? There are only 2 or 3 political songs in the album. It already looked suspicious to me when he put those kids in prison, the artwork incident... it looked suspicious cause he behaved like the most capitalist self-centered jerk who thinks he's god...

oh yeah right, he says he believes in Jesus... I'm sure Jesus would approve of selling out for money and acting in total despair to become rich...

The fact that you're the fool is obvious. Political manipulation? There have been hundreds of bands that have gone with political themes for their albums, I mean seriously. Do you cry when you listen to Thom Yorke whining on and on about the English empire? Who gives a fuck?

And yeah, Billy's self centered. Here's a fucking newsflash! Have you ever stopped to think why most successful people also have egos and aggressive personalities and tend to think they are right most of the time? Oh, wait, this sounds like our President! Maybe you should go hop on the Bush bashing bandwagon and lay off the rock star already!

Oh, and by the way, put the kids in prison? I mean you act like they're going to being doing a 10 to 20 stint in fucking Menard Correctional. Get over yourself and quit blowing this bullshit out of proportion.

my name is mud
06-03-2007, 12:56 PM
I have an idea.

Why don't you all shut up.

All of you.

douglas78
06-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Why don't you all just take a break from netphoria?

teamneedle
06-03-2007, 01:06 PM
There is nothing wrong with drugs whatsoever. The fact that you pointed out that good people can fall into them means you think they're bad. Which makes you a target for ridicule.
WTF?

How the fuck do you know what I meant?

I said what I meant and so did you, so don't back track and try to make yourself look better.

drbenway
06-03-2007, 01:26 PM
This is a very useful, unique, and insightful thread full of issues that have not been discussed before here ad nauseum over the last few months.

brillo998
06-03-2007, 01:27 PM
bitch about stuff much err...

andrewface
06-03-2007, 01:29 PM
This is a very useful, unique, and insightful thread full of issues that have not been discussed before here ad nauseum over the last few months.

hahahahaha

commando
06-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Drugs are wonderful and do not fuck up worthwhile goals, pursuits, marriages, and childhoods.

Says Dumbfuck McGee.

pale_princess
06-03-2007, 01:45 PM
all you n00bs need to stfu about trolling. i agree with a lot of the first post.

i was just watching a commercial about some chris cornell performance. he was doing soundgarden songs, under the chris cornell moniker. he did not rename the nobodies in his band SOUNDGARDEN. billy would've been wiser to do this.

buttercup
06-03-2007, 01:52 PM

Billy's an egomaniac? OMFG! ALERT THE PRESS!!!!
Really dude, get over it. Who gives a shit.

smashingjj
06-03-2007, 01:57 PM
all you n00bs need to stfu about trolling. i agree with a lot of the first post.

i was just watching a commercial about some chris cornell performance. he was doing soundgarden songs, under the chris cornell moniker. he did not rename the nobodies in his band SOUNDGARDEN. billy would've been wiser to do this..

SpFission
06-03-2007, 02:00 PM

SpFission
06-03-2007, 02:01 PM

i was just watching a commercial about some chris cornell performance. he was doing soundgarden songs, under the chris cornell moniker. he did not rename the nobodies in his band SOUNDGARDEN. billy would've been wiser to do this.

no one gave you permission to post, whore.

smashingjj
06-03-2007, 02:04 PM
waaaaaaaaaaah

GlasgowKiss
06-03-2007, 02:05 PM
WTF?

How the fuck do you know what I meant?

I said what I meant and so did you, so don't back track and try to make yourself look better.
You brought up the idea of 'falling' into drugs, as if you think its just a blend of bad circumstance rather than a concious reasoned decision that betrays the true content of someones character.

Im just saying that,

a) it does tell you something about that person

b) what it doesnt tell you is if a person is good or bad

GlasgowKiss
06-03-2007, 02:07 PM
no one gave you permission to post, whore.
Actually, andrew did.

http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon10.gifhttp://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon10.gifhttp://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon10.gifhttp://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon10.gifhttp://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon10.gif

teamneedle
06-03-2007, 02:09 PM
You brought up the idea of 'falling' into drugs, as if you think its just a blend of bad circumstance rather than a concious reasoned decision that betrays the true content of someones character.

Im just saying that,

a) it does tell you something about that person

b) what it doesnt tell you is if a person is good or bad
Unless you are a current drug addict or a recovering one. You have no place to talk.

BrokenGourds
06-03-2007, 02:21 PM
All it takes is a little excessive bashing and everyone's panties are bunched up.
Personally, if i hated a band I wouldn't post on boards even related to them.

But that's just me.

tarnished
06-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the laugh. I'm all for capitalism and the new pumpkins.

MisterSquishyHalo
06-03-2007, 02:29 PM
:cry:

hnibos
06-03-2007, 02:29 PM

bc cornell was the driving force behing soundgarden :rolleyes:

everyone should at least know where the first post is coming from, he just took it to another, very cynical, level

MisterSquishyHalo
06-03-2007, 02:34 PM

Oh shit, we dont have a shit ton of posts so that means we can't have a opinion.

grow up.

GlasgowKiss
06-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Unless you are a current drug addict or a recovering one. You have no place to talk.
Thats constructive. Next week can we talk about how you cant criticise an album until you've made one? Or, i dunno, god if i wasnt so fucking drunk because of my character flaws id come up with more.

pale_princess
06-03-2007, 02:35 PM

Oh shit, we dont have a shit ton of posts so that means we can't have a opinion.

grow up.

it clearly isn't trolling.

firewoman
06-03-2007, 02:41 PM
jeez whiny people give it a rest already

caliphornia
06-03-2007, 02:43 PM
jesus, this thread blows.

this forum is 3/4 whiny bitches. oh well. hopefully they'll get tired of whining eventually and go somewhere else.

pale_princess
06-03-2007, 02:46 PM
actually, hopefully the kids who will eat up any shit billy throws their way will go back to the oboard where they belong.

GlasgowKiss
06-03-2007, 02:46 PM
jesus, this thread blows.

this forum is 3/4 whiny bitches. oh well. hopefully they'll get tired of whining eventually and go somewhere else.
Why do you post here if you dont like the threads? Go to blamo you hypocrite.

MisterSquishyHalo
06-03-2007, 02:50 PM

The same could be said about people who bitch about all the noobs here. It is a fact. Netphoria is where the noobs will be. Maybe those who hate the noobs so much can go somewhere with less noobs..like blamo.

caliphornia
06-03-2007, 02:50 PM
you're right. i was complaining there. shit.

well, at least i'm not complaining about the band, i was complaining about the people who do nothing but complain about the band :)

ok, i'm done complaining now.

runnersdialzero
06-03-2007, 02:51 PM
I call these clowns Billy Jimmy...

Bimmy? Jilly? i think someone should develop this.

also, would jesus know what selling out for money was? i guess judas sold jesus out, but i don't think they had a name for it yet.

runnersdialzero
06-03-2007, 03:00 PM
oh my god imagine if billy KNEW he would sell out it 2007, thats what the date reference means and why he planted "judas iscariot" in the 2 rarities compilations, the most sell-out of all albums! holy fucking shit.

also, i think a good tabloid name for billy/jimmy is BJ

pyrocus
06-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Zeitgeist, the new album of Billy's new band, it certainly isn't the smashing pumpkins, I call these clowns Billy Jimmy...

Well, technically Zeitgeist is the new album of Billy's old band, which in the studio is comprised of Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin.

Cupid De Locke
06-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I love Billy Corgan and I would like to suck his wee wee.
well ok then.

thurston
06-03-2007, 03:17 PM
fucking commie

runnersdialzero
06-03-2007, 03:17 PM
well ok then.

holy shit he admitted it. THREAD DELIVERS!

cokelogic
06-03-2007, 03:25 PM

September 15, 2003. Billy said regarding Zwan "At the end of the day, without that sense of deeper family loyalty, it just becomes like anything else... our attitude in the Pumpkins was, it was a do or die proposition, and that got us through all the hard times we went through, particularly with the Pumpkins where we had two members with serious drug problems."

Then he said he would only reform the "Pumpkins. You'll never see Zwan. I'll never go anywhere near those people. Ever. I mean, I detest them. You can put that in capital letters. Bad people. James and D'Arcy are good people. They might be misguided people, but they're good people."

Then he said about D'arcy in a blog entry for February 17 2004, "she's a mean spirited drug addict."

Another interesting quote: "I think my heart was in Smashing Pumpkins [. . .] I think it was naive of me to think that I could find something that would mean as much to me."

If you don't like them, why the fuck are you here? Why waste your time. Go out and play.

I've seen your posts around here and you're nothing but as ass trying to make trouble. It would only be entertaining if you were secretly Billy.

starlaluna
06-03-2007, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=runnersdialzero]Bimmy? Jilly? i think someone should develop this.
QUOTE]

Someone in Germany already did.

Jimmy Corgan

firewoman
06-03-2007, 03:30 PM
duh. he is secretly billy

thurston
06-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Thats constructive. Next week can we talk about how you cant criticise an album until you've made one? Or, i dunno, god if i wasnt so fucking drunk because of my character flaws id come up with more.

boy that made me smile

Spankarine
06-03-2007, 03:47 PM
he regenerates 5 hit points per round..... somebody cast a fireball on him and i'll use coupe de grace within 5 feet.... uhmm... what?

SpFission
06-03-2007, 03:47 PM
actually, hopefully the kids who will eat up any shit billy throws their way will go back to the oboard where they belong.

yawn, haven't heard that one before..

tyguy666
06-03-2007, 03:54 PM
shut your bitch ass up

zebramask
06-03-2007, 03:55 PM
shut your bitch ass up

Runsaber
06-03-2007, 07:26 PM
\

also, i think a good tabloid name for billy/jimmy is BJ

yes. cause billy and jimmy are SUCKING THE DICK OF CAPITALISM!

Lyric
06-03-2007, 07:43 PM
LoL! this thread was hillarious!!!

Dude - I think i posted the other day about this australian band called powderfinger? I dont know if anyone corrected me but i was refering to another (i think australian) band called The Whitlams - the guy in them is awsome on piano. got my bands mixed up though.

The only origional -surviving- member of the whitlams (i shit you not about this, people believe the band is cursed) still goes by the whitlams with different people in his band. You need to get over this Ginger and Jeff angst and remember that billy can do whatever the fuck he wants - just because!!!....

The concert on 2/6 was fucking awsome. The pumpkins are back and i think that Ginger and Jeff with have a positive effect on the band.

osamy
06-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Considering how many people Robert Smith has had in The Cure - varying faces popping up with albums and live performances that have earned my love - I am willing to give Billy Corgan the benefit of the doubt. Particularly after hearing the new material.

I don't think Corgan's apparent capitalist opportunism is really hurting any third-world countries or offending the proletariat.

MisterSquishyHalo
06-03-2007, 09:55 PM
woo

Zandoz
06-03-2007, 10:25 PM
yes. cause billy and jimmy are SUCKING THE DICK OF CAPITALISM!

Rockamoli.

Thread indeed does deliver. Or that's some good shit in my pipe...

werideatdusk
06-03-2007, 10:47 PM

Actually, thats wrong. He made the "mean spirited drug addict" quote about a year before the "good people" quote... I think by that time (2005) he was feeling much more generous and apologetic to James and d'arcy.

as for the theory that this reunion is just about money, i think the fact that theres a new album shows that it's not just about cashing in, its about a new direction into the future. Since you're so fond of citing Billy quotes, you might have wanted to find some of his and Jimmy's rationale for reuniting.

In one of his blog entries, Billy said he broke up the band to protect James, who wanted out. Billy and Jimmy had wanted to keep going as far back as 2000. After the Zwan disaster is when Billy decided to not protect James anymore, and admitted that James was to blame for the breakup and that friends had advised Billy and Jimmy to keep going as SP without him. Billy then, in 2005, said he was a Smashing Pumpkin everyday, and that he was ready to start acting like it again, and he and Jimmy wanted to start doing stuff together, and Billy wanted his songs back, so why not use the name SP?

I agree that its dumb that Billy has not introduced the band yet. And I hope we get to hear Ginger or Jeff speak at some point. But to say this reunion is just a random jab at more money is kind of ill-conceived. There's a pretty clear blueprint of Billy's motivations, and I think money is far from whats on his mind.

Runsaber
06-03-2007, 10:49 PM
money makes da vuld go round
da vuld go round
da vuld go round

blue_june_destroyer
06-03-2007, 10:50 PM
you kids are too young to understand the level of political manipulation,

Wow. You sure told us. You must be quite an age to have learned so much and yet think people on internet forums give a shit about what you've got to say... bravo.

Billy Corgan is a fucking self-centered fag, and got successful because he used Nirvana's name and fame...

Smashing Pumpkins used to be called Nirvana?

Runsaber
06-03-2007, 10:51 PM
back when they were good

morespsoon
06-03-2007, 11:23 PM

Don't listen to all the negativity here. I enjoyed your post although I don't agree with all of it. It's always nice to read well thought out, original analysis. Thanks. :smoke:

dudehitscar
06-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Don't listen to all the negativity here. I enjoyed your post although I don't agree with all of it. It's always nice to read well thought out, original analysis. Thanks. :smoke:

yeah the cries of corgan selling out is very original :rolleyes:

Revenant
06-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Whoever started this thread must be a die-hard-old school Pumpkin fan and probably has The Marked album as well.

krackhead
06-03-2007, 11:46 PM
pee wee was a bigger liar...

stumpycat
06-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Hey, that's giving him far too much credit and insulting other old-school Pumpkins fans at the same time. This guy just sounds like his has that kind of "angry white man" syndrome that animates the likes of such wonderful and astute orators as Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh.

caliphornia
06-04-2007, 12:10 AM
threadstarter: die.