View Full Version : The Temple Sessoins

ltoolio
05-31-2007, 11:25 PM
Anyone here attend Billy's Temple Sessions back on 2004? They were fan-invited recording sessions at an art studio on the west side of Chicago for what was supposed to be an album and DVD of Chicago-based folk/acoustic music.

To this day I hope to see something come out, but I'm not overly optomistic....

Ol' Couch Ass
05-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Would you let Billy take a leak on you for a leak of these sessions?

teamneedle
05-31-2007, 11:30 PM
wasn't that April 2005?

And just add it to the list of DVD's that we won't ever see.

ltoolio
05-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Would you let Billy take a leak on you for a leak of these sessions?

My wife, who is also a big SP fan (she and I started dating as a result of a conversatoin about TTEOR and we attended their original last show at the Metro the week before we got married) jokes that I would take it up the can from him to hang out for a weekend with him.

I'm not sure that I would take it that far, nor do I think I'd take a golden shower. I have some pictures from the event (the Temple session, that is), and that might be enough..

You?

hereisnowhy
05-31-2007, 11:32 PM
I wish he would release it, but I think the chance of us seeing it any time soon has gone from slim to nil now that the pumpkins are back in the spotlight.

ltoolio
05-31-2007, 11:32 PM
wasn't that April 2005?

And just add it to the list of DVD's that we won't ever see.

Nope. April of 2004. I still have some of the emails from the other people that attended my session.

And agreed on the DVD...a guy can hope, though..

Ol' Couch Ass
05-31-2007, 11:36 PM
My wife, who is also a big SP fan (she and I started dating as a result of a conversatoin about TTEOR and we attended their original last show at the Metro the week before we got married) jokes that I would take it up the can from him to hang out for a weekend with him.

I'm not sure that I would take it that far, nor do I think I'd take a golden shower. I have some pictures from the event (the Temple session, that is), and that might be enough..

You?

untroo fan alert

Esty
05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
I thought it was referred to as The Studio Sessions. At least, thats what I remember.

ltoolio
05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
untroo fan alert

So you'd take the shower?

Or take it up the can?

Esty
05-31-2007, 11:38 PM
What day did you go itoolio?

ltoolio
I thought it was referred to as The Studio Sessions. At least, thats what I remember.

The map to the place referred to it as the Temple Sessions...not to say that it wasn't also referred to as the Studio Sessions as well.

teamneedle
Nope. April of 2004. I still have some of the emails from the other people that attended my session.

And agreed on the DVD...a guy can hope, though..
Cool. sorry about that bub.

ltoolio
05-31-2007, 11:40 PM
What day did you go itoolio?

Tuesday the 13th. It was pretty packed, and there was a kid (16 maybe) who drove all the way from Massachusetts (I beleive it was Massachusetts, but it may have been another east coast state) who had to leave the sessoins because he had a bad cough which kept ruining some of the takes. Felt bad for the kid, but it was understandable.

You?

douglas78
05-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Anyone here attend Billy's Temple Sessions back on 2004? They were fan-invited recording sessions at an art studio

Church sessions.

I attended the Metro ;)

Esty
05-31-2007, 11:45 PM
Tuesday the 13th. It was pretty packed, and there was a kid (16 maybe) who drove all the way from Massachusetts (I beleive it was Massachusetts, but it may have been another east coast state) who had to leave the sessoins because he had a bad cough which kept ruining some of the takes. Felt bad for the kid, but it was understandable.

Does your wife speak french?

ltoolio
05-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Does your wife speak french?

Not as far as I am aware.

ltoolio
05-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Church sessions.

I attended the Metro ;)

Same here..7 people back, just left of Billy.

douglas78
05-31-2007, 11:51 PM
Same here..7 people back, just left of Billy.

Same here...7 people back, just right of Bolls.

Ol' Couch Ass
05-31-2007, 11:51 PM
So you'd take the shower?

Or take it up the can?

Such a difficult questions to tackle...i guess I am an untroo fan as well. Perhaps I should have taken to "those in glass houses shouldn't cast stones" advice to heart.

Esty
05-31-2007, 11:52 PM

Yeah, you're not the guy i thought you were, but thats because you went a different day than I did. Its cool.

ltoolio
05-31-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah, you're not the guy i thought you were, but thats because you went a different day than I did. Its cool.

My brother went to the Wednesday session and a friend of mine went to the Thursday session. However, neither of them are married.

It was a hell of an experience, though, eh?

ltoolio
05-31-2007, 11:57 PM
Such a difficult questions to tackle...i guess I am an untroo fan as well. Perhaps I should have taken to "those in glass houses shouldn't cast stones" advice to heart.

Those in glass houses shouldn't take a dick up their ass...

What if you were drunk/stoned. Would you do it then?

Esty
05-31-2007, 11:57 PM
It was better than this zeitgiest shit, but yeah, it was pretty great.

Esty
05-31-2007, 11:58 PM
Those in glass houses shouldn't take a dick up their ass...

What if you were drunk/stoned. Would you do it then?

Dude, hes the resident asshole around here. Just tell him to fuck off and to go save his alcoholic brother before its too late.

thurston
06-01-2007, 12:01 AM
i'd take it up the ass and let billy piss all over my fucking body if he'd write a fucking good album

Wainscott
06-01-2007, 12:18 PM

oh, believe me she does ;)

theghostchild
06-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Church Sessions

Caine Walker
06-01-2007, 01:37 PM
i was at the friday one with ******!

telex
06-01-2007, 02:19 PM
didn't somebody go missing after one of these sessions

New Art Rioter
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I wish Billy would go down the NIN route with this stuff and just let it out for the fans on The Pirate Bay or whatever, Metro show too. It's never going to come out otherwise.

elektricsouls
06-01-2007, 05:29 PM

You?

I was at the same one. If I remember correctly, he stayed until the end to get his pic taken with The Bill. Billy apologised and hoped he understood... that would have fucking sucked. That day was awesome!

undersco_red
06-05-2007, 12:04 PM
i was at the friday one with ******!
hooray!

ltoolio
06-05-2007, 02:08 PM
I was at the same one. If I remember correctly, he stayed until the end to get his pic taken with The Bill. Billy apologised and hoped he understood... that would have fucking sucked. That day was awesome!

Yeah..he did stay.

The one thing I was looking forward to was the "Ask Billy" section where they gave us the opportunity to ask him a question via video. He would then pick the good ones and answer them on the DVD.

Some guy (hope it wasn't you) asked him what shampoo he used. He was of course bald by that time. I didn't think that would be one that he picked..