View Full Version : Forever Sound

foreversound
05-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey there all - this is Andy, I previously ran the site Forever Sound. It was a guitar & effect setting archive. I've been lurking here for a little while now - but I randomly stumbled onto another site post mentioning my old site. I still have all the old files though and whatnot - would anyone be interested in me putting them back online (even if just for reference)?

I have my own band now and don't really get into playing the Pumpkins stuff (or doing their effects) as much anymore. Though, it might still be fun to get back in and update it.

- Andy

Reyngel
05-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Sure.

foreversound
05-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Ha cool. I have been out of it for awhile...didn't quite know how people felt about that sort of stuff anymore.

jack_kerouac03
05-30-2007, 05:46 PM
I would love to see this stuff again

firewoman
05-30-2007, 05:48 PM
what's the site about? :)

whiteskwirl
05-30-2007, 05:55 PM
i was just looking for that site the other day, actually, and was pretty bummed when I found it no longer existed.

spguitar
05-30-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm working on a site too. If you need any info let me know.

Tribute2JohnnyB
05-30-2007, 05:59 PM
was that the site that had all the SP guitar/amp settings?

spguitar
05-30-2007, 06:01 PM
was that the site that had all the SP guitar/amp settings?

Yeah. The only problem i had with that section was it never said which amp. All amps EQ differently.

spank_thru101
05-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey, I remember that site, I scoured it meticulously when I first stumbled upon it. I would love to see it back up and running!

RopeyLopey
05-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi Andy, do you also store the old threads from the forum? Do you stay in touch with anyone from over there? Soma, Drossed? I am not sure if you remember me from way back, I am Jan. Otherwise I think there's only spguitar from that board.

smashapumpkin
05-30-2007, 06:24 PM
awesome

thagor
05-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Yes Please!

russian iha
05-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Damn I searched for your site for ages since it's been down.

Alice
05-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Your site was awesome. Please bring it back.

monkeyfritters
05-30-2007, 08:22 PM
bring that shit back!

foreversound
05-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Wowzers. Yeah it's interesting how a little time and distance puts perspective on things.

I don't keep up with anyone from the site. I have it all backed up elsewhere (including the forums). Doubtful i'll put those posts back up though. And yes Jan, I remember you and spguitar! Awesome you're still around!

The main initial problem with the site WERE the millions of variables (EQ - guitars - pedals - etc). I think that was what drove me so crazy - I was working off my own setup (which at the time was pretty low tech).

Netphoria may host the site...or I may re-brand it and just host it myself (at it's own domain). My plan is to try and get it back online pretty soon (in it's last formatting - which will at best look very 1999). Then work on re-designing and updating the site.

So the question for you all then is what is important? Is it getting a pedal chain order and basic settings? Or does it need to be more exact and identify "real" gear they use(d)? When I first started the site I meant it more for us [kids] who had DOD distortion pedals and Peavey amps...but then it sort of grew and blossomed into you use an Eventide Harmonizer for X effect.

whiteskwirl
05-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Wowzers. Yeah it's interesting how a little time and distance puts perspective on things.

I don't keep up with anyone from the site. I have it all backed up elsewhere (including the forums). Doubtful i'll put those posts back up though. And yes Jan, I remember you and spguitar! Awesome you're still around!

The main initial problem with the site WAS the millions of variables (EQ - guitars - pedals - etc). I think that was what drove me so crazy - I was working off my own setup (which at the time was pretty low tech).

Netphoria may host the site...or I may rebrand it and just host it myself (at it's own domain). My plan now is to try and get it back online pretty soon (in it's last formatting - which will at best look very 1999). Then work on re-designing and updating the site.

So the question for you all then is what is important? Is it getting a pedal chain order and basic settings? Or does it need to be more exact and identify "real" gear they use(d)? When I first started the site I meant it more for us [kids] who had DOD distortion pedals and Peavey amps...but then it sort of grew and blossomed into you use an Eventide Harmonizer for X effect.

i think what is most important is getting the right sound, whatever the effects use. i liked the way it was. maybe go back through them and check for mistakes.

RopeyLopey
05-30-2007, 10:47 PM

The main initial problem with the site WERE the millions of variables (EQ - guitars - pedals - etc). I think that was what drove me so crazy - I was working off my own setup (which at the time was pretty low tech).

Netphoria may host the site...or I may re-brand it and just host it myself (at it's own domain). My plan is to try and get it back online pretty soon (in it's last formatting - which will at best look very 1999). Then work on re-designing and updating the site.

I think you can post the settings as they were, but just to specify what equipment YOU use - so going with the kids' path. The other one - exact sounds/exact equipment can be left for spguitar.

are you still in Oklahoma?

spguitar
05-30-2007, 11:07 PM
If you guys need some help let me know. I'd be happy to help out on the new Forever Sound. :)
I got a ton of stuff i can scan from old tours.

foreversound
05-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Yep. I am still here in Oklahoma. I think when we last talked I was still in High School! I'm out of college now. I have a new band now that i've had going for about 3 years called Winter Circle, we've achieved a bit of success with various things and some stuff even on MTV. Aside from that, doing graphic design as well [still]!

I think it's a lot more fun personally to try and sort of get approximations of sounds. I use a Bogner amp now with Orange cabs and a Gibson SG or Les Paul guitar...so it's a little step up from my early days of Peavey Bandits or even Fender Twins!

foreversound
05-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey spguitar! Thanks...yeah i'll have to go through all my old stuff to see what point it's even at. Hopefully, it's all still ok and I can work on get something awesome going.

spguitar
05-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey spguitar! Thanks...yeah i'll have to go through all my old stuff to see what point it's even at. Hopefully, it's all still ok and I can work on get something awesome going.

Can't wait :D
Here's a good start:
http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=141595

Kayfabe
05-30-2007, 11:15 PM
first the obscured site guy comes back, and now the foreversound guy. these two sites were like the Bible for us who learned to play gee-tar because of the pumpkins, back in the day. i don't play so much anymore (still blow money on gear occasionally!) , but juust wanna say thanks for making the site and nice to hear from you

ordinary apathy
05-30-2007, 11:29 PM
first the obscured site guy comes back, and now the foreversound guy. these two sites were like the Bible for us who learned to play gee-tar because of the pumpkins, back in the day.

Word. This is pretty cool. Throw in talk of Luna and Listessa and Pumpkins midis on another thread, and I'm in full blown '90s 'net nostalgia mode.

brendo_91
05-31-2007, 09:26 AM
the pumpkins are back, and so are the best fansites. awesome.

davskij
05-31-2007, 11:20 AM
So the question for you all then is what is important? .

I'm really interested in what gear they used and on what songs they used it. Both live and in the studio.

foreversound
05-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Cool. I think then the site will have to take on dual roles - one half devoted to the "sound" and one half devoted to the [real] gear.

SPGuitar - please PM me your email and/or AIM SN. Actually, same goes for anyone...

MisterSquishyHalo
05-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Woo. He says netphoria can host it maybe. Andrew thoughts?

foreversound
05-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah I talked to Andrew (Netphoria Andrew) yesterday and he seemed alright with the idea. Web space is actually not a problem - when not doing music I work as a designer for a web hosting company. My only thought with Netphoria hosting it was that it'd be under this already established Pumpkin site.

MisterSquishyHalo
05-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Definately. Netphoria is the fansite for all things pumpkins.