View Full Version : Podcasting/Burning CDs with crossfades

Cruiser
05-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey... I'm hoping to burn some mixed CDs for the dance at my wedding... the problem is that the songs have too long of gaps between the fade out of the song and the actual end of the tracks, so we end up with these huge lulls between songs, even with gapless playback turned on.

Is there a burning program or some sort of setting for iTunes/iPod that I can turn on to have the tracks crossfade into each other? I figured out on iTunes how to set the playback that way, but I don't think there's a way to set it to burn like that...

The only thing I've been able to figure out is to record the playlist from iTunes with Audacity and then burn that, but I can't get the settings right and it just sounds like shit... Any help is much appreciated!

Karl Connor
05-27-2007, 02:58 PM
testing

Andy /
05-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Roxio's audio burning program (CreatorClassic, I think, in their burning package) has a feature where you can blend songs together, having the second track start while the first one is ending. You can add fade outs and fade ins as well so track changes aren't as jarring or if there's weird noise artifacts. The catch with this feature is that the track doesn't actually change until the first song is done so, if you're skipping tracks, the next track starts however many seconds you selected the cross fade to be. Why they programmed it that way.... who knows.

But, if it's a disc that would just be played continuously through, then that's not an issue.

Cruiser
05-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Awesome... thanks so much! I'll give that a shot.

Roxio is windows only, right?

Andy /
05-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Oh, I'm not sure... and the one I use is at least a couple years old, so maybe they've fixed or modified the program since.

By the way, your mix disc from several years ago now still is awesome. I checked out a lot of the bands on there, and liked all of them. Good stuff. You got shafted with the one I sent you... seemed like a good idea at the time. :/

Cruiser
05-27-2007, 09:13 PM
hey, no problem! I'm glad you like it! I actually really like yours too... the only problem is I leant it to a friend and it's disappeard... but I have the tracklist still so I'm going to have to hunt those songs down again. I feel really bad... the last mix trade I went in on I never ended up sending a CD... I keep meaning to, but I've been in university, working, and planning a wedding over the past year... I swear I will one day though!

Cruiser
05-27-2007, 11:49 PM
another quick question... which version of Roxio do you use? 7.5? I've been reading that everything after that is shit...

Fattening Ass
05-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Roxio has always kinda blew

Andy /
05-28-2007, 02:08 AM
another quick question... which version of Roxio do you use? 7.5? I've been reading that everything after that is shit...

7.x sounds right, but I can't find out until Tuesday.

spguitar
05-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Eh?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001XAMNQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Cruiser
06-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Roxio's audio burning program (CreatorClassic, I think, in their burning package) has a feature where you can blend songs together, having the second track start while the first one is ending. You can add fade outs and fade ins as well so track changes aren't as jarring or if there's weird noise artifacts. The catch with this feature is that the track doesn't actually change until the first song is done so, if you're skipping tracks, the next track starts however many seconds you selected the cross fade to be. Why they programmed it that way.... who knows.

But, if it's a disc that would just be played continuously through, then that's not an issue.

I got ahold of Roxio 9, and it worked perfectly... thanks a lot!

Andy /
06-02-2007, 04:37 AM
booya