View Full Version : Entering the venue

RopeyLopey
05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
does anyone know how does it really work?

I understand the tickets are on my name and I have to pick them up personally - but what happens once I pick them up? Can I stand in line with two friends, pick up the tickets, but then it will be those two friends who will enter the venue and I stay outside? Or is this impossible and I have to enter the venue?

Does anyone have any experience with this system?

Yes, I am a scalper - obviously.

jack_kerouac03
05-20-2007, 05:48 PM
finally, 1-800-Buy-Seats it outed!!

I think once you pick up the tickets you can do whatever the heck you want with them. Making people pick up the tickets in person at will call means a huge professional scalper in Boston or where ever is shit out of luck.

pete
05-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Which show?

shadow47
05-20-2007, 05:52 PM
It says "once tickets are picked up you must enter venue". Because ALL tickets are special will call only, there will likely be one line and when the doors open, you will pick your tickets at the door and then enter.

Travis_Wright
05-20-2007, 05:53 PM
you and your friends have to enter at the same time... you can not leave the venue.

j.willard
05-20-2007, 05:54 PM
2 men enter 1 man leaves.

RopeyLopey
05-20-2007, 05:59 PM
It says "once tickets are picked up you must enter venue". Because ALL tickets are special will call only, there will likely be one line and when the doors open, you will pick your tickets at the door and then enter.well yeah, but why they would prevent me from LEAVING THE LINE?
I mean let's say there are three of us, I pick up tickets, give them to the two people, they immediately enter the venue and I immediately leave the line and stay outside.

RopeyLopey
05-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Which show?NC and no sorry, those tickets would not be for you

pete
05-20-2007, 06:02 PM
well yeah, but why they would prevent me from LEAVING THE LINE?
I mean let's say there are three of us, I pick up tickets, give them to the two people, they immediately enter the venue and I immediately leave the line and stay outside.

Explain how scalpers make money. I saw Rise Against the other week, i saw a scalper buy a ticket off some guy, and sell it for the exact same price to another bloke. I just dont get where the profit is in that.

darcy666
05-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Explain how scalpers make money. I saw Rise Against the other week, i saw a scalper buy a ticket off some guy, and sell it for the exact same price to another bloke. I just dont get where the profit is in that.

Maybe he was doing it for the glory and the prestige.

Echoes32
They can't keep you in the venue. Obviously they're going to let you out if you want to leave.

Travis_Wright
phase 1 - collect underpants
phase 3 - profithttp://peripheryarts.com/blogpics/upgnome.jpg

RopeyLopey
Explain how scalpers make money. I saw Rise Against the other week, i saw a scalper buy a ticket off some guy, and sell it for the exact same price to another bloke. I just dont get where the profit is in that.dude, I am a moderator on this board. I have never bought nor sold a ticket to a scalper. I am just trying to see if I can help brother out, who is less lucky with the tickets and/or get some taper in.

Echoes32
05-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Wait, who's saying you can't leave the venue? That's impossible.

RopeyLopey
05-20-2007, 06:22 PM

you can surely leave the venue.
My problem is:

-3 people (A,B, C) standing in the line, tickets on A's name
-A picks up the two tickets
-A immediately gives one ticket to guy B and one ticket to guy C
-B and C enter the venue, A stays outside, does not enter the venue at all

Echoes32
05-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Ropey, I'm having the same exact problem, almost exactly and no one, not even the Fillmore has been able to give me a straightforward answer, and most people are saying different things. A lot of people are saying that you have to go in with those people though.

null123
05-20-2007, 06:28 PM
they probably mean that if you leave you won't be able to come back.

ToEachesOwn
05-20-2007, 06:29 PM
phase 1 - collect underpants
phase 3 - profithttp://peripheryarts.com/blogpics/upgnome.jpg

:rofl:

Hilarious

RopeyLopey
05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Ropey, I'm having the same exact problem, almost exactly and no one, not even the Fillmore has been able to give me a straightforward answer, and most people are saying different things. A lot of people are saying that you have to go in with those people though.thanks - I guess we might have to wait for the first NC show to see how it is all organized.

Echoes32
05-20-2007, 06:34 PM
thanks - I guess we might have to wait for the first NC show to see how it is all organized.

That's what I was thinking.

DeviousJ
05-20-2007, 07:32 PM

Clearly the scalper bought it from his partner scalper above face value, then sold it to some schmuck who figured since the guy wasn't making a profit, it must be a great deal

theeggofhope
05-20-2007, 08:05 PM
I remember for TheFutreEmbrace tour in NYC at Webster Hall they had people line up in 2 lines, people with Tickets(paper) in one and people who bought there tickets from Ticketweb and had wil lcall in another line, both lines entered simultaneously....and at those 2 shows they just had a list of names at the door of people with will call and checked you off as you went in....
I honestly don't know what it will be like for these shows....especially since now ticketweb is kinda out of the game....

theeggofhope
05-20-2007, 08:07 PM

the oldest scalper trick in the book...
don't be fooled by the art of deception...

Travis_Wright
05-20-2007, 08:12 PM
what do you people not get about this???

one line
you walk in with your id
they give you either the 1 or 2 tickets that you bought
(person needs to be with you at time of transaction/you cannot get 2nd ticket, if 2nd person is not present at time of transaction)
you will not be allowed to leave venue and return
once you leave, you will not be allowed back in
tickets are non-transferrable
you can not change credit card info or contact info on any purchased tickets

brendo_91
05-20-2007, 08:24 PM
that fucking sucks though, for people without credit cards?

Travis_Wright
05-20-2007, 08:26 PM
how would you buy a ticket online without a creditcard???

Go Go Green
05-20-2007, 08:33 PM
ropes, I would imagine no one could stop you from not entering into the venue. If you wanted to "waste" money like that then there is nothing they can do to stop you.

I hope a lot of people do this so that the show wont be as crowded.

brendo_91
05-20-2007, 08:35 PM
how would you buy a ticket online without a creditcard???using a parents or friends creditcard, collecting cash to pay back the cardholder. my group of friends do it all the time.

should ahve been more specific.

Travis_Wright
05-20-2007, 08:38 PM
oh yeah some people are going to get screwed.

Go Go Green
05-20-2007, 08:39 PM
they could always attempt to bring the original card the order was placed with, along with a note written and signed by the card holder. if it was your parents and you had the same last name, then I would imagine it would be pretty easy to convince the will call person to give you tickets.

RopeyLopey
05-20-2007, 08:40 PM
ropes, I would imagine no one could stop you from not entering into the venue. If you wanted to "waste" money like that then there is nothing they can do to stop you.

I hope a lot of people do this so that the show wont be as crowded.I am not wasting my ticket - I will let other two people go - I will only pick up the tickets and not enter the venue - the other two guys will enter with my tickets.

Travis_Wright
05-20-2007, 08:45 PM
.... you pick up your tickets while you are "inside" .. you can't take them out, and nobody coming from outside who has a "hard ticket" can get in, only inside hard tickets are allowed.

MisterSquishyHalo
05-20-2007, 08:47 PM
dude, I am a moderator on this board. I have never bought nor sold a ticket to a scalper. I am just trying to see if I can help brother out, who is less lucky with the tickets and/or get some taper in.

If you buy 2 tickets, you have to be one of the people entering. You can't pick them up at will-call, and hand them to 2 friends. Only one of those friends will be able to go.

RopeyLopey
05-20-2007, 08:50 PM
.... you pick up your tickets while you are "inside" .. you can't take them out, and nobody coming from outside who has a "hard ticket" can get in, only inside hard tickets are allowed.so I can't take two people with me "inside", beofre we get the actual tickets?