View Full Version : Advanced Search disabled?

markpregen
05-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Usually when I click the search button there is an "advanced search" link next to the google search. It appears to be gone now. Has it been disabled? slows down the board too much?

Trotskilicious
05-19-2007, 07:59 PM
when was the last time you were here

The Jesus
05-19-2007, 08:10 PM
http://forums.netphoria.org/search.php?

markpregen
05-19-2007, 08:13 PM
when was the last time you were here

sorry, for some reason it shows up when I use IE but not firefox. Now I know, thanks

DeviousJ
05-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Middle click and it'll pop up in a new tab

'Advanced' is a trick name, though

dean_r_koontz
05-19-2007, 08:46 PM
devious j, are you skilled in the pascal programming language?

DeviousJ
05-19-2007, 08:50 PM
devious j, are you skilled in the pascal programming language?

Man, I used that years ago... why you ask, eh? I didn't use the object-oriented version, if that's what you're going to say (yeah I saw you talking about objects in that thread)

dean_r_koontz
05-19-2007, 09:03 PM
no it's not why i am asking actually, i'm only using it really old school, i think. i want to put a sinus wave on the screen in BGI mode and for that i wanted to use the putpixel function. but then i realised that the putpixel function only takes whole numbers like integers, which is not so strange considering that there is no 3, 4.3343 coordinate on the screen, for example. y=sin(x) should paint a sinus wave on the screen but since i get a lot of numbers with decimals, i cant take the y-value and put it directly in the putpixel function because the putpixel functions only works with whole numbers!!! grrr!!! GRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeviousJ
05-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Can't you use int(y) or whatever function pascal uses to round numbers?

dean_r_koontz
05-19-2007, 09:53 PM
wow i didn't know there was a function for that! ho ho ho. what should i search for in the index do you think to find the function

DeviousJ
05-19-2007, 10:30 PM
It's <b>round</b> apparently. See, I told you this was years ago

Next you'll be able to make a dot follow a sine wave, then use two to make it bounce around the screen or just go in a circle

And then, the Tron lightcycles ripoff game

dean_r_koontz
05-19-2007, 10:35 PM
you know i think i can implement the techniques i used on my "snowfling painted in an array" falling down the screen program to make this pixel or perhaps even a bigger object move with a sine wave. the possibilities seems endless right now.