View Full Version : Billy Reference / Scar Tissue

bampton
05-02-2007, 05:15 AM
Just finished reading the Anothony Kiedis book, Scar Tissue... Now, I'm not really a RHCP fan, I was just looking for something to read and my flatmate had a copy.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there's a little bit in the book about SP and Billy. I did a search but couldn't find anything on the boards mentioning this, but sorry in advance if this is all old territory.

Kiedis said that he saw a video clip for "Gish" :erm: one night, and that was why he wanted the Pumpkins on tour with them... He describes it (the song/video) as beautiful and really different, among other things.

He goes on to talk about how good Billy is at basketball, how he wasn't the sad, depressed guy that everyone reckons he is and so on. He also talks about how everyone else in the band was "under Corgan's thumb." And that Jimmy is one hell of a drinker :smoke:

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has read the book, what they thought of it? I thought it was great, very entertaining, and it's always cool to see what - you could say are - Corgan's contemporaries think of him.

D.
05-02-2007, 05:20 AM
i think we established that the video was "rhinoceros", didn't we? by the actual description, i think it was.

i've read it, too, and i'm no rhcp fan, either. it was just borrowed and looked pretty cool.

bampton
05-02-2007, 05:27 AM
Yeah, I assumed that it was rhinoceros when I was reading it too.

Travis_Wright
05-02-2007, 06:27 AM
someone needs to photoshop billy as a chicago bulls player right now. i demand it.

Fritter
05-02-2007, 07:05 AM

wpc33
05-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Billy oughta pull a Trent and get ripped