View Full Version : nooby question re music leaking

???
04-25-2007, 07:36 AM
if you've got a record coming out, is there any real way to prevent it from leaking outright or at least stall the process.

smashingjj
04-25-2007, 07:39 AM
hahaahaahaha

???
04-25-2007, 07:48 AM
i thought as much

thanks alot joeri

smashingjj
04-25-2007, 08:04 AM
what is this about

celluloid_love
04-25-2007, 09:55 AM
???'s upcoming record, i thought that was obvious

smashingjj
04-25-2007, 10:13 AM
??? would be an awesome band name. i think, that just for that, i would respect the band so much that i would never leak their music to the internet

Sonic Johnny
04-25-2007, 10:17 AM
pretty much the only way to do it (and even then its not a complete guarantee) is to ensure that only the band, the producer and the record execs hear it. that would mean not sending out any promo copies to anywhere at all and not having any preview listenings for it. essentially, it would be suicide for any band trying to get some attention for their album. you'd probably be safer letting it leak.

or am i mistaken? im pretty sure all that stuff i said was right.

smashingjj
04-25-2007, 10:24 AM
pretty much the only way to do it (and even then its not a complete guarantee) is to ensure that only the band, the producer and the record execs hear it. that would mean not sending out any promo copies to anywhere at all and not having any preview listenings for it. essentially, it would be suicide for any band trying to get some attention for their album. you'd probably be safer letting it leak.

seriously. what are you trying to say, James? You've recorded an album with your band? I mean if you're totally unknown and the undergroundest of the underground, then no-one would probably even care to leak your album. Which, if it did happen, would most of all be in your advantage.

Unless you mean you have an EMI or Universal contract and they're gonna take care of all the attention you want your album to get, I would say, try to get as much promotion and attention to your album in every possible way, cause albums are not going to create their own promotion. I believe that the internet and leaking music to it is one of the ways to get your music known.

But like I asked before, what is this about?

celluloid_love
04-25-2007, 10:35 AM
???'s debut album!

Sonic Johnny
04-25-2007, 10:39 AM
!!! and ??? should play with greg anderson as )))

smashingjj
04-25-2007, 10:40 AM
:rofl:

PkPhuoko
04-25-2007, 11:13 AM

or am i mistaken? im pretty sure all that stuff i said was right.

At some point the album has to hit your distributor and that's a huge point of leakage. Often times albums are packaged a month or so in advance.

If your friends havent leaked it by then, you can guarantee it'll be leaked once it hits distro.

topleybird
04-25-2007, 12:22 PM
!!! and ??? should play with greg anderson as )))

Surely their supergroup would be ‽‽‽

INTERROBANG INTERROBANG INTERROBANG

celluloid_love
04-25-2007, 12:47 PM
you mean $$$

Travis_Wright
04-25-2007, 09:27 PM
i wish my record would leak.

wHATcOLOR
04-25-2007, 09:32 PM
i have replaced the text previously in this post with the text you see now

neopryn
04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
cassadaga by bright eyes didn't leak. i feel inclined to mention this a lot because it's likely the only thing it will ever be noted for by people besides me.

???
04-25-2007, 10:02 PM
hey i said this was a nooby thread, didn't i

i mean, i'm generally pretty badly informed about whatever's going on in the world, so you couldn't not expect this from me really, joeri

but yeah, my debut 7-cd opus is jonesin for a release soonish

smashingjj
04-26-2007, 06:36 AM
hey i said this was a nooby thread, didn't i

i mean, i'm generally pretty badly informed about whatever's going on in the world, so you couldn't not expect this from me really, joeri

Well that's no problem, but the answer really depends on what is going to be released. But now you have your answer so there you go :)

Shapan
04-26-2007, 06:39 AM
wait so if the way to say !!! is chk chk chk, how would you say ???

C33
04-26-2007, 06:47 AM
huh huh huh

celluloid_love
04-26-2007, 11:35 AM
gay gay gay

Corey Taylor
04-26-2007, 01:03 PM
WATER MARKS MOTHERFUCKERS