View Full Version : The Smashed Pumpkin

mccririck
04-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Well the Pumpkins have taken a direct hit with and axe and been cloven in two, and we only have one half left, with some entrails and seeds scattered about.

The question is, can this mangled pulp of a vegetable make a decent album?

Implosion
04-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Well the Pumpkins have taken a direct hit with and axe and been cloven in two, and we only have one half left, with some entrails and seeds scattered about.

The question is, can this mangled pulp of a vegetable make a decent album?

If you call lopping off the stem "taking a direct hit," then I think they're in pretty good shape.

Pavlo
04-17-2007, 02:58 PM
8=====D

drbenway
04-17-2007, 03:30 PM
This is an extremely worthwhile and insightful thread and I think it ought to be stickied. mccirick has once again proven himself to be a towering paragon of intelligence and wit.

the str
04-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Your mom's a towering paragon of intelligence and wit.

Averageprheight
04-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I can confirm that (about drbenway's mom) as I was with her last night and we completed several challenging crossword puzzles late into the night.

'|' jIMMY '|'
04-18-2007, 03:16 AM
vincent van gogh's painting is smashing!

IWishIWasBlank
04-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Do people take three month vacations from Netphoria and completely miss a thread that goes on for eighteen pages? Or do they see that thread and are too lazy to read it and decide maybe their thread with exactly the same concept will be better? WTF?

W
T
F
?

mccririck
04-19-2007, 04:58 AM
I do take vacations from Netphoria. It gets a bit boring hanging around here every day with no new music to talk about.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-19-2007, 05:31 AM
Do people take three month vacations from Netphoria and completely miss a thread that goes on for eighteen pages? Or do they see that thread and are too lazy to read it and decide maybe their thread with exactly the same concept will be better? WTF?

W
T
F
?
i think the wtf-factor of people taking vacation from netphoria really isn't that high. dude.

being too lazy/not interested at all to read certain threads is also very normal, in my opinion.

IWishIWasBlank
04-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Well to answer his original question, I think it will end up like Machina I/II. Yes, they COULD make a decent album, but something will happen between demos and what ends up on the album, and we'll be completely disappointed with Bill and Jim.

BTW if you didn't see the other thread, I should get the single a little early.. perhaps up to a week before it hits the radio waves. I don't want to toot my own horn, but that could be the biggest news right now.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
as in: you will give netphoria the premiere of the single?

IWishIWasBlank
04-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Yup.