View Full Version : Rain falls on everyone...

jimmychauv
04-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Reading this makes me want to cry. From Billy circa June 2004
:cry: :cry: :cry:

"...and one more tangent please...a little while ago i lifted the cover off a few things, namely former bandmates, some of which are doing a good job of proving to me i am wise to stay away from them for good :) some of these comments that i have made in the recent past have confused many, and opened the door for the shadow people to come knocking...i want to say to you shadow people come into the light and be seen!...God knows your story, your falsehood, your nagging fear...love will be your death, the truth your hunter...i am not afraid to be seen...so let me say one last thing to one person in particular, mr. james iha...and i hope the whole world reads it with him:

james, i love you...you will always be my brother, and even though i have my issues with you, i love you very, very much...the depth of my hurt is only matched by the depth of my gratitude...you will always be a pumpkin, no matter whose band you play in...you did good, never forget the lives that you changed and inspired and healed...that is your legacy, may it always inspire you...love, bc"

tcm
04-13-2007, 06:30 PM
like James needs any kind of validation from him, what a condescending prick.

jimmychauv
04-13-2007, 06:33 PM
I wanna be one of the "shadow people."

ToEachesOwn
04-13-2007, 06:34 PM
like James needs any kind of validation from him, what a condescending prick.

Even though it's addressed to James, I think it's more for the public's eye than for James to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

tcm
04-13-2007, 06:53 PM
so he's being ingenuous too. what a pompous boob.

Floppy Nono
04-13-2007, 06:59 PM
i like billy corgan too, i just wish billy liked me back enough to make good music for me again.

selection7
04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
It's kind of like a toast really.

Dr Riot
04-13-2007, 07:13 PM
I swear they should just kiss and make up. Someone has to make a move first.

jimmychauv
04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't think I can ever say "I love you very, very much" to another guy.

TuralyonW3
04-13-2007, 07:32 PM
LOVE WILL BE YOUR DEATH, THE TRUTH YOUR HUNTER

gimme a fucking break already. shut the fuck up and play a guitar solo

Pepperoni
04-13-2007, 07:50 PM
...and when Bill says 'brother', he doesn't mean like an actual brother but he means it like the way black people use it, which is more meaningful...he thinks.

james, i love you...you will always be my brother, and even though i have my issues with you, i love you very, very much...

Shroom
04-13-2007, 08:03 PM
He does mean it like black people becaues james is almost sort of black except for his eyes and nose and other facial features. He's the kind of black like Michael Jackson was black in the 80's, somewhere between when he was actually black and right now.

I'm willing to bet billy could beat james in an arm wrestle though, if it ever came to that. Jimmy could spank them all.

jimmychauv
04-13-2007, 08:07 PM
yous always be ma brotha!

wHATcOLOR
04-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't think I can ever say "I love you very, very much" to another guy.

go on, try it! it's liberating. i recommend starting with your father and then moving on to coworkers and neighbors

teh b0lly!!1
04-13-2007, 09:23 PM
^ :rofl:

fluxequalsrad
04-13-2007, 09:25 PM
he means 'brother james' by sonic youth.

homechicago
04-13-2007, 09:36 PM
i thought this thread would be about the song (which i just so happen to like)

Andy /
04-13-2007, 10:34 PM
the same old rain

fluxequalsrad
04-14-2007, 01:30 AM
I can't stand 'Raindrops+Sunshowers", worst Smashing Pumpkins song in my opinion.

RenewRevive
04-14-2007, 01:35 AM
man, i really miss those days, when billy really communicated with his fan base and spoke from the heart, getting everyone all excited about the new album and all. whatever happened to that guy?

ToEachesOwn
04-14-2007, 01:41 AM
I can't stand 'Raindrops+Sunshowers", worst Smashing Pumpkins song in my opinion.

See, I always considered Raindrops+Sunshowers as the best representation of Machina I. If someone would ask me, what's Machina I sound like, I'd refer them to that song.

waltermcphilp
04-14-2007, 01:57 AM
WHERES VINCE!?! YOU MOTHER FUCKER, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

fluxequalsrad
04-14-2007, 02:12 AM
My theory about Billy not talking is simple:

-- Billy doesn't talk about any new Bands doing anything cool unless its a lame throw-away name drop like linking the 'silversun pickups'

--EXCEPT, in the case of Radiohead's 'Kid A' which he praised it loads. 'Kid A's marketing was not saying a fucking word about the album and it was a massive success because no one knew what the fuck it was going to sound like and it ended up being weird and different. --> therefore this is billy's strategy, which was further enforced by SP fans constant criticism of all the bullshit he says.

Starla
04-14-2007, 03:20 AM
man, i really miss those days, when billy really communicated with his fan base and spoke from the heart, getting everyone all excited about the new album and all. whatever happened to that guy?

:(

IWishIWasBlank
04-14-2007, 12:30 PM
WHERES VINCE!?! YOU MOTHER FUCKER, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

That's what I'm saying.

IWishIWasBlank
04-14-2007, 12:33 PM
He does mean it like black people becaues james is almost sort of black except for his eyes and nose and other facial features.

And the fact that he's Asian-American.

RenewRevive
04-14-2007, 12:38 PM
:(

amen sister.

mayday
04-14-2007, 09:45 PM
im confused, im just sad that these four people arent' friends anymore

fluxequalsrad
04-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Machina = harddrive space.

IWishIWasBlank
04-16-2007, 08:55 AM
I listed to Adore yesterday while cleaning before a friend came for a week-long visit. I'm sure now that it's not as good as Machina I/II

topleybird
04-16-2007, 01:41 PM
How many rabid fans do you think would just explode, like literally explode, if the new lineup sang "Farewell and Goodnight" at a show

Like it would start with booing as soon as the guitarist starting singing James' part, but within a few seconds you'd see people bleeding out of their ears, people shaking uncontrollably

And then just BAM

dudehitscar
04-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I doubt corgan would do that. But I would be upset.

tcm
04-16-2007, 02:37 PM
i doubt that's physically possible.

IWishIWasBlank
04-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Never doubt the power of Jesus.. I mean t3h b0lly

paranoid
04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Reading this makes me want to cry. From Billy circa June 2004
:cry: :cry: :cry:

"...namely former bandmates, some of which are doing a good job of proving to me i am wise to stay away from them for good :)

This has me scratching my head.. how could this be possible if he hadn't been communicating at all with them? and what exactly were they doing to prove that he needs to stay away from them? details Billy! cite your sources!

The ONLY two factors that would lead me to believe that Billy may be in the right here (as far as the issues between him and james):

1. Billy did the majority of the work. not all of it, but the majority. yeah, he has a big, asshole mouth, but he's probably got some good reasons a mjority of the time.

2. Jimmy has stuck by him throughout, who also has done a good amount of the work. Jimmy's a respectable professional, why the hell would he stick with Billy if he was an impossible person to deal with?

dudehitscar
04-16-2007, 04:03 PM
2. Jimmy has stuck by him throughout, who also has done a good amount of the work. Jimmy's a respectable professional, why the hell would he stick with Billy if he was an impossible person to deal with?

exactly. "show me who your friends are and it will show who you are"

Is corgan is the monster that many people talk about on here then Jimmy shares blame too.

but he isn't. He's a unique flawed human being. Like all of us.

jimmychauv
04-16-2007, 05:09 PM
This has me scratching my head.. how could this be possible if he hadn't been communicating at all with them? and what exactly were they doing to prove that he needs to stay away from them? details Billy! cite your sources!

The ONLY two factors that would lead me to believe that Billy may be in the right here (as far as the issues between him and james):

1. Billy did the majority of the work. not all of it, but the majority. yeah, he has a big, asshole mouth, but he's probably got some good reasons a mjority of the time.

If I remember correctly, I think Billy was talking about the members of Zwan in general, about how he should stay away from them (the members of Zwan). Then he addresses James specifically.

This was a few months after Zwan broke up and I bet Billy was totally bitter.