View Full Version : What made you smile today?

Black Eyed Ange
04-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I was people watching on the tube today on the way to work and one dude in particular caught my eye. For the first time in a looooong time, someone on public transport actually starting talking to me, he asked me what I was listening to - which happened to be Radiohead. We proceeded to talk about our fave Radiohead tracks, gigs etc which was cool. Made a nice change from the usual aversion of ones fellow passenger eyes in the event they think you're checking them out....

BlissedandGone2
04-04-2007, 05:16 PM
nothing has made me smile today. im sorry, im horribly depressed.

Aeroplane
04-04-2007, 05:21 PM
horrible mood today.

Black Eyed Ange
04-04-2007, 05:25 PM
nothing has made me smile today. im sorry, im horribly depressed.

Sorry to hear that. Just a shitty day?

Geek USA
04-04-2007, 05:26 PM
horrible mood today.

ugh me too.

MusicMan4
04-04-2007, 05:27 PM
nothing

Black Eyed Ange
04-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Dam guys, not a happy bunch today. I was pretty vexed yesterday, some twat almost knocked me off my bike on the way into work, put me in a foul mood all day...

mirrar
04-04-2007, 05:31 PM
the vag tattoo i posted
BEING DONE AT THE OFFICE UNTIL TUESDAY
all the apprenticeship info at the job fair for my boys
all four of my cats waiting for me on my bed when i got home
a nice lady from alberta who struck up conversation with me
musics, specifically the russian futurists version of the first five times by stars
a soft pretzel with deli mustard
my clients harassing me to eat something because they're so protective of me
my coworker calling me at work to ask me to get drugs for her
how many easter eggs i have for the giant egg hunt

Black Eyed Ange
04-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I love easter eggs, especially when they've been in the fridge for a while and the chocolate is cold and crunchy - yum

mirrar
04-04-2007, 05:36 PM
these ones aren't for eating, they're the ones you can open and put stuff in.. every year i help with a giant public space hunt (several thousand eggs) which we stuff with messages and toys and hide on the street downtown

Black Eyed Ange
04-04-2007, 05:38 PM
An egg you can't eat? That's too bad, nice touch though, I bet the kids have fun digging them out. Something like that would never work in my neighbourhood - they'd be stolen before they were found for sure...

mirrar
04-04-2007, 05:39 PM
yeah we picked a hippie market last year and all these crackheads came and smashed our eggs and chased us around.. we had way too many for them to fuck it up though :D we can't use chocolate because who would eat candy they found on the street...

BlissedandGone2
04-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Sorry to hear that. Just a shitty day?

i watched a kid die. 3rd kid thats died in my school in 5 days.

Black Eyed Ange
04-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Me! Joke. Funny story about the crack heads though! Fancy smashing the eggs, spoil-sports...

Black Eyed Ange
04-04-2007, 05:44 PM
i watched a kid die. 3rd kid thats died in my school in 5 days.

Christ on a bike, that's terrible. I can't believe shit like that really goes on in schools. When I was in school, the worst that would happen is the odd fight breaking out, but certainly no deaths.

I'm sincerely sorry you have to witness such events, not good....

ZWANPHONY
04-04-2007, 05:49 PM
i smile everytime i walk outside. the sun is kinda bright so i have to squint a little because i'm too cool for shades, so it makes me smile a little.

and a few people made me smile today.

idiotkid
04-04-2007, 05:51 PM
i think the only thing that made me smile today is knowing that i'm going to be driving home tomorrow.

four hours in a car with complete control over the stereo is one of the greatest things evar.

yo soy el mejor
04-04-2007, 05:55 PM
i smiled when i finished brushing my teeth this morning

BlissedandGone2
04-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Christ on a bike, that's terrible. I can't believe shit like that really goes on in schools. When I was in school, the worst that would happen is the odd fight breaking out, but certainly no deaths.

I'm sincerely sorry you have to witness such events, not good....

i appreciate that. thank you. the poor families too! cant even imagine.

Aeroplane
04-04-2007, 05:58 PM
i smiled when i finished brushing my teeth this morning

with your good hand, i assume. otherwise, no smiling.

Black Eyed Ange
04-04-2007, 06:03 PM
i appreciate that. thank you. the poor families too! cant even imagine.

It sounds as though it's a common occurence, is that the case? Schools in London are not as bad, but they're getting worse. Gun culture in the UK is on the up for sure, but compared to the US I guess it's pretty insignificant. There is however a lot of stabbings etc, especially in the poorer areas, not a great incentive to bring more children into the world at all....

yo soy el mejor
04-04-2007, 06:07 PM
totally! im always smiling anyway. it's a bad habit

cosmos
04-04-2007, 06:09 PM
finally hearing back from fpl about a summer internship and writing a resume. finally

Black Eyed Ange
04-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm going to see the pumpkins play for the FIRST time this August - makes me smile each time I think about it :-) I'm soooooooo excited, can hardley contain myself....

BlissedandGone2
04-04-2007, 06:12 PM
It sounds as though it's a common occurence, is that the case? Schools in London are not as bad, but they're getting worse. Gun culture in the UK is on the up for sure, but compared to the US I guess it's pretty insignificant. There is however a lot of stabbings etc, especially in the poorer areas, not a great incentive to bring more children into the world at all....

you know, from most of the people ive talked to, its not that common. my sisters school has had several deaths over a 4 year period. my highschool had 2 deaths in 4 years.
this is my freshman year of college and it seems extraordinary that 4 people have died this year alone, 3 in the last 5 days.
earlier this year a boy fell off a building, then there was a snow tubing accident saturday, another accident on sunday and then the car/bike accident today. my school has around 15,000 kids and we're in boston, so i dont know if that has anything to do with it. who knows, its all so tragic.

Black Eyed Ange
04-04-2007, 06:18 PM
you know, from most of the people ive talked to, its not that common. my sisters school has had several deaths over a 4 year period. my highschool had 2 deaths in 4 years.
this is my freshman year of college and it seems extraordinary that 4 people have died this year alone, 3 in the last 5 days.
earlier this year a boy fell off a building, then there was a snow tubing accident saturday, another accident on sunday and then the car/bike accident today. my school has around 15,000 kids and we're in boston, so i dont know if that has anything to do with it. who knows, its all so tragic.

15,000 kids? That's a huge amount of kids to go to school with! I guess a larger amount of kids increases the probability. In any event, you're right, it's terribly tragic.

alisonmonster
04-04-2007, 06:25 PM
i saw a guy with a dog (i think collie mix) and the dog was carrying a bag of groceries and its own leash in it's mouth. That was pretty awesome.

ZWANPHONY
04-04-2007, 06:27 PM
finally hearing back from fpl about a summer internship and writing a resume. finally

website for fpl? what's your majormx?

cosmos
04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
website for fpl? what's your majormx?www.fpl.com
my major is audio engineering

ZWANPHONY
04-04-2007, 06:34 PM
www.fpl.com
my major is audio engineering

what will you be doing at FL P & L ? just curious as to why they would need an audio engineer...

i've been applying for about 3 years now for a summer intern at santee cooper which is a local energy coop, but i've only gotten 1 interview! it went perfect too, but they didn't choose me. :(

i guess i'll work at my old job this summer. :/

Shapan
04-04-2007, 06:37 PM
there were these young parents and a baby chilling on a bench. i saw the baby, he had no expression on his face, so i knelt over and said "wasup baby?" and the baby giggled and smiled. i had a smile on my face the rest of the walk to my apartment.

cosmos
04-04-2007, 07:04 PM
what will you be doing at FL P & L ? just curious as to why they would need an audio engineer...

i've been applying for about 3 years now for a summer intern at santee cooper which is a local energy coop, but i've only gotten 1 interview! it went perfect too, but they didn't choose me. :(

i guess i'll work at my old job this summer. :/interning. i don't know exactly the details. i'm majoring in audio engineering but that means i'll be getting a degree in electrical engineering plus some specialization in audio applications.

ZWANPHONY
04-04-2007, 07:09 PM
since you're good at analyzing plots, they'll probably introduce you the way i was introduced. they will show you graphs of averages of energy spikes over the years and comparable data so that the energy company can make decisions in advance (based on meteorological data) of which turbines to start up (the backup ones) and how much energy they should buy from another plants...say tallahassee energy or something...that's what i wassss going to be doing, which seemed somewhat interesting, but not at all mech engr...

good luck, hope you get it.

ohnoitsbonnie
04-04-2007, 08:04 PM
BSing with my friends. That's it, really. I went to the mall, but that's a terribly depressing place. There was also this baby seal I saw on tv that had been affected by global warming and had gotten sick. Not a high point of my day.

spring
04-04-2007, 10:07 PM
wednesdays i volunteer at this daycare after work, and the kids there always make me smile. i took care of this tiny baby today who couldn't decide if he wanted his bottle or not, and was also almost falling asleep at the same time, so that was pretty funny.

Rockin' Cherub
04-04-2007, 10:12 PM
nothing important / worth a mention

Lucy Sky Diamonds
04-04-2007, 10:27 PM
My boss bought me a cup of coffee from Timmy Ho's today and that rocked my socks.

cosmos
04-04-2007, 10:51 PM
since you're good at analyzing plots, they'll probably introduce you the way i was introduced. they will show you graphs of averages of energy spikes over the years and comparable data so that the energy company can make decisions in advance (based on meteorological data) of which turbines to start up (the backup ones) and how much energy they should buy from another plants...say tallahassee energy or something...that's what i wassss going to be doing, which seemed somewhat interesting, but not at all mech engr...

good luck, hope you get it.well if you're interested, here's the job description

Position Description: Most interns will work at a local service center responsible for handling FPL distribution work associated with new construction projects in the area. Interns will spend time shadowing Project Designers and Customer Project Managers to learn about FPL's distribution system and learn our methods of design. They will then be given an opportunity to complete designs that will be built in the field by our linemen. Your work will go into production. There will be other internship opportunities available with various staff groups throughout south Florida. These interns will be working on projects associated with system performance, reliability, restoration support, and system expansion. Career-related activities encountered in the student¿s area of specialization, under supervision of the hiring manager. This position will provide mentoring and practical hands-on experience and assist the intern with achieving deliverables related to course of study.

ZWANPHONY
04-04-2007, 11:07 PM
well if you're interested, here's the job description

Position Description: Most interns will work at a local service center responsible for handling FPL distribution work associated with new construction projects in the area. Interns will spend time shadowing Project Designers and Customer Project Managers to learn about FPL's distribution system and learn our methods of design. They will then be given an opportunity to complete designs that will be built in the field by our linemen. Your work will go into production. There will be other internship opportunities available with various staff groups throughout south Florida. These interns will be working on projects associated with system performance, reliability, restoration support, and system expansion. Career-related activities encountered in the student¿s area of specialization, under supervision of the hiring manager. This position will provide mentoring and practical hands-on experience and assist the intern with achieving deliverables related to course of study.

sounds fun, but a lot harder than I had expected. what year are you?

cosmos
04-04-2007, 11:12 PM
sounds fun, but a lot harder than I had expected. what year are you?finishing my sophomore year in a month or so