View Full Version : SP2 for VFest Baltimore??

Netphorian Gadabout
03-20-2007, 05:57 PM
From a webchat with J. Freedom, the head music reviewer for the Washington Post, on washingtonpost.com earlier today:

Police state: Free are the Police coming here this summer? No DC date on their website. Do I have to pay a fortune to go to NY/NJ to see them?

J. Freedom du Lac: OK, OK -- I finally have something for you here. This has been long rumored and appears to be Happening For Real Now. Haven't gotten hard confirmation, but I'm reading the tea leaves, and they're telling me this is pretty much a done deal.

The Police will headline this year's Virgin Festival on Saturday, Aug. 4 at Pimlico in Baltimore. You read it here first.

I'm also hearing that the Virgin Festival will be a two-day affair this time around.

Second day will be Sunday, Aug. 5, and the headliner that day is another reunion band: The Smashing Pumpkins.

No, I don't have any idea when tickets are likely to go on sale, or who else is playing, or any of that.

I just know that if you're hoping to see the Police around here, that you shouldn't book a vacation the first weekend in August.

Not even close to a confirmation, but a decent rumour. Can't believe SP2 would play this but not Lollapalooza the same weekend (or maybe the no SP @ Lolla thing is junk).

BlissedandGone2
03-20-2007, 06:18 PM
From a webchat with J. Freedom, the head music reviewer for the Washington Post, on washingtonpost.com earlier today:

Not even close to a confirmation, but a decent rumour. Can't believe SP2 would play this but not Lollapalooza the same weekend (or maybe the no SP @ Lolla thing is junk).

no the word on smashing pumpkins not playing lollapalooza is about as solid as it gets. it was from the only source i ever trust for any of this stuff, the music director of XRT radio in chicago. thats really upsetting that they were play a festival in baltimore and not one in chicago with pearl jam. what is the deal?

The Omega Concern
03-20-2007, 11:23 PM
thats really upsetting that they would play a festival in baltimore and not one in chicago with pearl jam. what is the deal?

that is a little curious. let the speculation begin...

Pavlo
03-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Maybe he want's to do something "special" for chicago? Anyways baltimore = 45 minute drive = im going

Iamone6942
03-21-2007, 02:52 PM
God that'd be ideal. I live in Baltimore.

bellis123
03-21-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm fucking there!

wHATcOLOR
03-21-2007, 04:23 PM
have you no shame

Netphorian Gadabout
03-21-2007, 04:24 PM
The Baltimore Sun is reporting that VFest Baltimore will be officially announced Thursday (tommorrow) morning at a press conference in NYC, and that The Police are confirmed as the headliner for 8/4. They also confirm that it's a two-day event and that 2 other "headlining" bands will be announced in the morning.

So, I guess we'll probably know tommorrow.

Axis of Action
03-21-2007, 06:18 PM
if it's in Baltimore... I'll maybe go.

luciddream33
03-22-2007, 03:28 PM
http://www.virginfestival.com/2007/index2.html

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't see the other thread.