View Full Version : who here has gone to warped tour

redbull
03-02-2007, 12:10 AM
how cuntish did you find the crowd to be? also are these bands any good? there are some good bands but i have never heard these

Alkaline Trio
Boy Like Girls
Cute Is What We Aim For
Escape The Fate
The Fabulous Rudies
k-os
The Matches
Meg and Dia
Pepper
Poison The Well
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Tiger Army
Underoath
The Unseen
Madina Lake
Set Your Goals

bands which I have confirmed are ok enough for me to view:
Bad Religion
Big D and the Kids Table
Fall Of Troy
Flogging Molly
The Toasters

Shapan
03-02-2007, 12:32 AM
wow that lineup looks pretty terrible. flogging molly, bad religion, and the alkaline trio arent bad.

nofx use to be a fixture in this lineup which was the only reason it ever caught my interest, are they gone now?

Netphorian Gadabout
03-02-2007, 12:37 AM
how cuntish did you find the crowd to be? also are these bands any good? there are some good bands but i have never heard theseNot as awful as you'd imagine, actually. Very few moshpits, more of teenybopper girls/guys.

Alkaline Trio - used to be ska, now they suck
Cute Is What We Aim For - most cuntish band on lineup. complete faggots
k-os - actually really, really good. canadian hiphop/reggae singer. no clue why on warped.
The Matches - not real great but not horrible. if you like big d and the kids table you might like them.
Pepper - sublime all over again.
Poison The Well - hardcore screamo. pretty vile.
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - only heard the single. catchy.
Underoath - avoid at all costs. worst band on lineup

redbull
03-02-2007, 12:41 AM
The Matches - not real great but not horrible. if you like big d and the kids table you might like them.
im there. probably looking forward to Big D and the Kids Table the most except for maybe the Toasters

smashingjj
03-02-2007, 10:03 AM
i have been to ozzfest when it was in the netherlands

fred flintstone
03-02-2007, 10:16 AM
why is k-os on there

mxzombie
03-02-2007, 10:19 AM
those bands are too cuntish to say

pale_princess
03-02-2007, 11:08 AM
i went a few years ago. got free passes and ended up spending the day running around, laughing at the crowd, getting into the band tent and eating the catered food, getting a spraypainted hat, my friend got asked to "gimme your digits so i can holla atcha!" by some guy, some teen boy gave me pot, and then we ran off with a case with warped tour water.

oh yeah, i also took a picture of a girl who had butt clevage on purpose.

fun time!

also, k-os sucks.

House of Bread
03-02-2007, 12:09 PM

No they didn't.

pale_princess
03-02-2007, 12:10 PM
ska sucks.

HorseflyKing
03-02-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm tired of seeing a bunch of bands that I'm not in and I've never heard of playing all these festivals. That and shitty bands that are popular that I'm not in. Who wants to form a shitty band with me so that we can play festivals and be popular?

Sylvia Woods
03-02-2007, 02:11 PM
fall of troy are actually real good. cute is what we aim for and boys like girls are the most buster names/bands imaginable
and i think i heard posion the well shut themselves off from society in cabin somewhere or something and are making different music all together. i don't know. i heard instrumentals and they weren't bad.

oh yeah, i also took a picture of a girl who had butt clevage on purpose.

fun time!

Fattening Ass
03-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Fall of Troy Sucks. 8)

The Warped tour lineup has seemingly become more of the shit that penetrates airwaves nowadays, but there are still some good bands in the lot of them all. The Environment, however, is not harsh at all. There are a few pits depending on the band and alot of band tents selling their merch. The place is generally filled with a mix of post-punk kids with heavily influenced social issues, mainstream ignorants who come to see their favorite Mtv emo/pop/"punk"/rock band and old school punkers. Its actually very inviting and nothing like the ozzfest crowd.

If Vans kicks me down with free tix again this year, i will probably go.

You should definately check out:

Bad Religion
Alkaline Trio
Pepper
Flogging Molly
Poison The Well.

Poison the Well seems uinfit for a Warped Tour, but worth checking out.

Message From Kevin regarding This year's warped lineup:

"It has been a very interesting Vans Warped tour to book over 4000 submissions, in booking the tour this year I felt that a diverse line-up was in order. The tour has always been a place to explore and discover new music. This years line-up has old school, emo, punk, screamo, hip-hop, more ska than you have seen in a long time and everything in between. If open minded this will be a great show, if you're not this might be the year to stay home and go do something constructive with your lives instead of complaining about the line-up on the message boards"

Eulogy
03-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Not as awful as you'd imagine, actually. Very few moshpits, more of teenybopper girls/guys.

are you fucking retarded? ska? when?

Eulogy
03-02-2007, 08:26 PM
anyway, i went to warped tour once, and the only band i cared to see was Alkaline Trio. and the set they played there was fantastic. it was a fun time. go with friends, have fun.

redbull
03-02-2007, 08:36 PM
ska sucks.
wrong

mxzombie
03-02-2007, 09:34 PM
skanking sucks

redbull
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
skanking sucks
wrong again

Fattening Ass
03-02-2007, 10:46 PM
ska is awfully repetitious in sound, but incredibly fun for the most part.

sppunk
03-02-2007, 10:58 PM
We picked up Lit off the side of the road before a Warped Tour in Dallas in 98 (or maybe 97). It was hilarious at the time - we didn't have any idea who the people were and they got pissed when we asked where they were from/why they were in Dallas/etc.

redbull
03-02-2007, 11:16 PM
We picked up Lit off the side of the road before a Warped Tour in Dallas in 98 (or maybe 97). It was hilarious at the time - we didn't have any idea who the people were and they got pissed when we asked where they were from/why they were in Dallas/etc.
hahahahahah, awesome

redbull
03-02-2007, 11:16 PM
also lit kinda suck

Kanan Road
03-02-2007, 11:20 PM
i remember sneaking into warped tours when i was in high school.

ive seen poison the well there before, they are pretty fuckin hard compared to a lot of the other bullshit on that tour. make sure to check them out.

bad religion is rad.

other than that id save the 30 bucks because you will just get a sunburn.

davin
03-03-2007, 03:49 PM
bands which I have confirmed are ok enough for me to view:
Bad Religion
The Toasters

ok enough for you to view? :erm:
you don't know much about these bands do you? they did a ton for thier scene and were badass in their day.

i know what you're thinking... :ancient:

anyway, i have gone to warped tour 4 times...between '94 - '98...and back then the lineups were solild punk/ska lineups with bands that were more in their prime and truly representative of the scene...especially compared to the list of fucking mall-punk poser bullshit bands that you posted. so yea, i say save your money.

Kirstan
03-03-2007, 04:18 PM
I got arrested at a warped tour when I was 18 for underage drinking.

smashingjj
03-03-2007, 04:35 PM
I got arrested at a warped tour when I was 18 for underage drinking.
18, underage.... you silly americans.

MusicMan4
03-03-2007, 05:24 PM
all of these bands suck
fuck is this thread...

Kirstan
03-04-2007, 12:41 AM
you silly americans.

agreed.

diplodocus
03-04-2007, 01:00 AM
the only thing that sucks more than ska is christian ska.

redbull
03-04-2007, 01:30 AM
ok enough for you to view? :erm:
you don't know much about these bands do you? they did a ton for thier scene and were badass in their day.

i know what you're thinking... :ancient:

anyway, i have gone to warped tour 4 times...between '94 - '98...and back then the lineups were solild punk/ska lineups with bands that were more in their prime and truly representative of the scene...especially compared to the list of fucking mall-punk poser bullshit bands that you posted. so yea, i say save your money.
quit acting like you're fucking god. I know damn well who bad religion and the toasters are.

davin
03-04-2007, 01:43 AM
just cause you wiki'd them and downloaded some tunes doesn't mean you know shit.

Bad Religion are the fucking gods. especially amongst the rabble of repackaged shit they are playing along with.

you have shitty elitest attitude towards punk music and the crowd that listens to it. but oh i'm so glad that after a 20 year career you find bad religion "ok enough to view". i'm sure they would get down on their knees and thank god for your acceptance!

redbull
03-04-2007, 01:53 AM
just cause you wiki'd them and downloaded some tunes doesn't mean you know shit.

Bad Religion are the fucking gods. especially amongst the rabble of repackaged shit they are playing along with.

you have shitty elitest attitude towards punk music and the crowd that listens to it. but oh i'm so glad that after a 20 year career you find bad religion "ok enough to view". i'm sure they would get down on their knees and thank god for your acceptance!

jesus christ, shut the fuck up. I KNOW BAD RELIGION ARE A GREAT FAMOUS AWESOME COOL REBEL FUCK THE MAN HARDCORE BAND. would you be happy if I changed the label to "I WILL SUCK THIS BANDS COCK LIKE DAVIN SUCKS BILLY CORGANS" or something?

davin
03-04-2007, 02:48 AM
hahaha....

if you keep being such a redbully, i might not consider your posts "ok enough for me to view" anymore.

until then, just mind your muddy shoes when you're dragging them over bands that others may find near and dear. thats all i'm saying playa.

redbull
03-04-2007, 02:52 AM
then put me on ignore already :rolleyes:

smashingjj
03-04-2007, 08:15 AM
god dammit davin is a turd

mxzombie
03-04-2007, 01:19 PM
the only thing that sucks more than ska is christian ska.my girlfriend saw a christian ska band in a church in high school

davin
03-04-2007, 03:52 PM
i change my vote. redbull should definitely go. he would blend nicely with the current day's warped tour crowd.

GOOD CHARLOTTE FUKIN RULZ!!!!

mxzombie
03-04-2007, 04:10 PM
davin you are a true soldier of punk

davin
03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Oi!

Eulogy
03-04-2007, 06:18 PM
davin you suck.

Hypocaust
03-04-2007, 06:43 PM
I've been several times, but only because I had a friend who was employed by Warped. I have to admit, I've had a good time every time I've gone and always managed to find one band which I was impressed with. It was pretty cool meeting Paris Hilton and seeing her pink panties a long time before anyone gave a shit about her.

Netphorian Gadabout
03-04-2007, 06:57 PM
are you fucking retarded? ska? when?
I'm sorry, for some reason I read "Alkaline Trio" but envisioned "Less Than Jake."

davin
03-05-2007, 01:28 PM
ska sucks.
ska revival isn't cool you stupid fuck.
the bands are only in it for the bucks.
and if you don't believe me you're a schmuck.
but the trend will die out with any luck.

p.s. fuck you eulogy.

Kanan Road
03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
everything that comes to mind when you think of ska is LOL

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/large/indyart/freehand/Skankin_Pickle.jpg

pale_princess
03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
flogging molly are the worst

davin
03-05-2007, 03:59 PM
everything that comes to mind when you think of ska is LOL

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/large/indyart/freehand/Skankin_Pickle.jpg

LOL is right. :) but back in the day I liked skankin' pickle! :embarass: they had some cool t-shirts.

i also liked johnny socko, the pacers, skapone, slapstick, stinkfish, the blue meanies, mustard plug, and of course the seminal band Operation Ivy.

it was some welcome levity to the harder punk stuff....but yea, ska sucks. :smoke:

Eulogy
03-05-2007, 04:09 PM
flogging molly are the worst

pale_princess are the worst

who started this stupid fucking trend and how can i stop it.