View Full Version : Bring rep back

Mayfuck
02-21-2007, 08:32 PM
there i said it.

Rider
02-21-2007, 08:37 PM
yeah my "Kahlo please put a bullet in your head post" was really more of a rep comment, it just didn't feel right.

Mablak
02-21-2007, 08:45 PM
I'd like to see a new rep system where netphoria is as a collective. You neg rep one person and it neg reps everyone including yourself, it'd teach us to work as a team.

Onawhim
02-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Married ppl ruin everything.

DeviousJ
02-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I think people with high positive rep should be seen as an asset to the board, and a crowd draw - therefore pakula should pay them a cut of the ad revenue each month. People with egregiously low rep should be fined

Geek USA
02-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I think people with high positive rep should be seen as an asset to the board, and a crowd draw - therefore pakula should pay them a cut of the ad revenue each month. People with egregiously low rep should be fined
:rofl:
+

Rarely
02-21-2007, 09:00 PM
i would negative rep mayfuck for this thread

brendo_91
02-21-2007, 09:04 PM
rarely is still killfiled?

Mablak
02-21-2007, 09:05 PM
The awesome power of rep might bring him back

avian chaos
02-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Gentlemen, please. It's killified.

Trotskilicious
02-21-2007, 09:06 PM
rarely is still killfiled?

If you mention his name again, you're banned.

neopryn
02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
everyone should have an allotment of only one positive and one negative rep per day. then before going to bed, we'd all reflect on the past day's boarding and pick out the best and worst posts. it would cut down on abuse and still signify social standing.

Debaser
02-21-2007, 09:18 PM
The rep comments brought an extra layer of communication between us. I actually got to know people better through reading the comments on my profile (because I don't read that many threads). I don't care about pos or neg rep. I just liked the comments, which were much easier than private messages.

Rarely
02-21-2007, 09:23 PM

:rofl:

Zorgon
02-21-2007, 09:25 PM

seriously?

Rider
02-21-2007, 09:28 PM
seriously?

O'Hagen: I just got off the phone with Tom McCardle From the budget committee. This thing with Farva screwed our pooch.
Thorny: What? They can't lump us in with that fuckin' Martian.
O'Hagen: We're all in the same boat, fellas.
Mac: But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun.
Thorny: Yeah, his shenanigans are cruel and tragic.
Foster: Which wouldn't make them shenanigans, at all, really.
Mac: (Irish voice) Evil shenanigans!
O'Hagen: I swear to God, I'll pistol whip the next guy that says 'shenanigans!'
Mac: Hey Farva, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
Farva: You mean Shenanigans?
Mac, Foster and Thorny: Oh, no! (Laughing) (Mac hands O'Hagen his gun.)
Farva: You're talking about Shenanigans, right?

monkeyfritters
the hours before rep was taken away were some of my fondest memories on this board. i feel like me and future boy really connected on a new level... instead of just arbitrarily neg repping me, he took the time to leave personal notes and words of encouragement.

Boycott Graceland
The rep comments brought an extra layer of communication between us. I actually got to know people better through reading the comments on my profile (because I don't read that many threads). I don't care about pos or neg rep. I just liked the comments, which were much easier than private messages.
on the ril.

the comment system is a good idea.

Boycott Graceland
02-21-2007, 09:29 PM
seriously?
saying that username is a bannable offense now. check the FAQ.

Future Boy
02-21-2007, 10:13 PM
It's killified.
http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif

the hours before rep was taken away were some of my fondest memories on this board. i feel like me and future boy really connected on a new level... instead of just arbitrarily neg repping me, he took the time to leave personal notes and words of encouragement.
But unfortunately, you're still posting.

monkeyfritters
02-21-2007, 10:14 PM
good one!

RenewRevive
02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I'd like to see a new rep system where netphoria is as a collective. You neg rep one person and it neg reps everyone including yourself, it'd teach us to work as a team.

Whilst noble in concept you do realize how this would end up, right?

Tchocky
02-22-2007, 02:15 PM
http://www.thelionsfanatics.com/tlfforum/style_emoticons/default/closed.gif

Mentok
02-22-2007, 02:19 PM
O'Hagen: I just got off the phone with Tom McCardle From the budget committee. This thing with Farva screwed our pooch.
Thorny: What? They can't lump us in with that fuckin' Martian.
O'Hagen: We're all in the same boat, fellas.
Mac: But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun.
Thorny: Yeah, his shenanigans are cruel and tragic.
Foster: Which wouldn't make them shenanigans, at all, really.
Mac: (Irish voice) Evil shenanigans!
O'Hagen: I swear to God, I'll pistol whip the next guy that says 'shenanigans!'
Mac: Hey Farva, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
Farva: You mean Shenanigans?
Mac, Foster and Thorny: Oh, no! (Laughing) (Mac hands O'Hagen his gun.)
Farva: You're talking about Shenanigans, right?

lol :love:

pete
02-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Just make it so we can leave comments Pakula

dean_r_koontz
02-22-2007, 03:39 PM
if pakula hasn't just *******d a premade system of some kind, it's not hard to think of a rep system that would avoid the biggest pitfalls of abuse. for example: disabling of rep is permanent, only one negative/positive rep to one specific user per day etc. etc.

I'm Hardcore
02-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Nathans idea is a solid idea