View Full Version : Billy writes songs for movie?

ella
02-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey I got this blog from the columbus myspace fan's page...
I don't know how credible any of this is.
Here's the link
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=138499113&blogID=232768897&MyToken=eb2b5246-b9e8-443a-b50e-c53073438469

Billy news, James news, Pumpkins news and more Billy news

1. Stolen from Kansas City, by way of San Antonio and Santa Fe!

Billy Corgan To Write Music For Movie

"When A Man Falls in The Forest" fits the bill of challenging, arthouse work from an emerging American and it seems well-suited to a European debut alongside other international titles. Set in a Midwest town, the film is the rather quiet story of a group of adults, from a lonesome late-night office janitor (Dylan Baker) who acts out through lucid dreaming, to a frustrated married couple (played by Hutton and Stone) and their damaged, but healing, neighbor (Pruitt Taylor Vince). Producer Mary Aloe, who backed Eslinger's vision for the film along with executive producer Sharon Stone, financier Kirk Shaw and Eslinger's agents at William Morris, calls the movie "an existentialist drama." With distinctive performances and a striking tone, the film is punctuated by spare, powerful new songs by Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins.

by Eugene Hernandez (February 15, 2007)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Stolen from San Antonio
James Iha, full name James Yoshinobu Iha, has delivered a remix for the newest Ladytron single "Weekend Mixes" out on March 9th. The James Iha Mix comes next to the Virgin Tears Deeepraved Weekend Mix. The single is taken from Ladytron's "Witching Hour" album out on Smoke & Mirrors. Since the Pumpkins' breakup in 2000, Iha has pursued several projects including work with Whiskeytown, Ivy, A Perfect Circle, Vanessa and the O's, Annie, Chara next to soundtrack work for the Japanese film "Linda" and remix work for The Postmarks. Remarkably Iha also appeared on the track "The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde" from the tribute album to Serge Gainsbourg entitled "Monsieur Gainsbourg Revisited". In related news, it is far from sure that Iha will be joining the reunited Smashing Pumpkins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Stolen from Canada
This was posted on the message boards at smashing-pumpkins.co.uk. I imagine it has been posted at other as well. If you look under line up, it says Smashing Pumpkins as one of the bands its unclear what day of the festival they are playing at.

May 31st-June 2nd- Estrella Damm Primavera Sound 2007, Barcelona, ES
http://www.primaverasound.com/index.php?idioma=en..

4. Just a I heard by myself from some people I know who will remain nameless.

Billy Corgan going to have a birthday party at the Metro March 17th?
Maybe. Unconfirmed.

seign
02-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Remarkably Iha also appeared on the track "The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde" from the tribute album to Serge Gainsbourg entitled "Monsieur Gainsbourg Revisited".

What's so "remarkable" about that? Silly journalists :)

Travis_Wright
02-21-2007, 09:37 PM
the movie is going to be shown at the sxsw conference on march 10th, shooting for a late summer release from paramount pictures.

tw

hnibos
02-21-2007, 09:46 PM
it seems like making a new smashing pumpkins album isnt enough work for billy

Travis_Wright
02-21-2007, 09:47 PM
the scoring for this movie was done welllll before sp was revived, the songs were recording in 2005.