View Full Version : digital camera technical question

Toby
02-19-2007, 08:31 PM
We have this camera Kiley's dad gave us and the only problem with it is that its blurry. The pictures come out blurry and they even look blurry through the lcd screen. i can't for the life of me figure out what may be causing it...im guessing its something with the lens, but i'd figure maybe someone around here might have some idea.

noyen
02-19-2007, 08:32 PM
see if you can turn autofocus on or off. turn it off and try to get a good focus. then turn the autofocus back on and see if its just the autofocus broken.

Aeroplane
02-19-2007, 08:34 PM
how's the lighting for the pics?

Toby
02-19-2007, 08:36 PM
see if you can turn autofocus on or off. turn it off and try to get a good focus. then turn the autofocus back on and see if its just the autofocus broken.i thought about that. im gonna have to look online for the manual cause i can't seem to find anything related to autofocus, but then again there seem to be 10 million features. thanks tho!

Toby
02-19-2007, 08:36 PM
how's the lighting for the pics?
normal

DeviousJ
02-19-2007, 09:06 PM
see if you can turn autofocus on or off. turn it off and try to get a good focus. then turn the autofocus back on and see if its just the autofocus broken.

Yeah, this. Also, you know you have to half-press the shutter down to make the camera focus, then all the way to take the pic right? And does it have the orange focusing lamp on the front? You could also try charging the battery, sometimes they have trouble focusing when it's low.

hereisnowhy
02-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Don't listen to DeviousJ, he's pulling your leg. You just need to hold the camera perfectly still. If you've already been holding it still, that means you need to shake the camera in the precise direction of the blur while taking the photo to counteract the inbuilt blur issue.

MonteLDS
02-20-2007, 01:05 AM
maybe you should tell us what kind of camera it is.. but it sounds like a physical issue and should be replaced

noyen
02-20-2007, 01:06 AM
no monte, its a ****-physical and spiritual issue and maybe you should go fucking pray about it.

Zorgon
02-20-2007, 01:07 AM
just throw it away you can practically get digital cameras for pocket change these days!

hereisnowhy
02-20-2007, 01:33 AM
no monte, its a ****-physical and spiritual issue and maybe you should go fucking pray about it.

Always call the repair man first and the priest second.

ToEachesOwn
02-20-2007, 09:29 PM
(1) Check to see if the red-eye reduction is on. Generally you only use red-eye reduction for portraits because the shutter stays open longer. For candid photos or for anything other than portraits, you should turn it off.

(2) Macro mode may be on (it's usually designated by a flower icon on the LCD screen).

(3) If there are manual option to speed up the shutter speed (or an action mode), you may want to use those for objects in motion.

(4) Also, if the lens is clean, it may be a problem with the camera's processor. If it was dropped or exposed to liquids, that would be enough to damage it.

Hope that helps and sorry if any of it seems obvious. I'm not sure how much you know about digital cameras.

bardy
02-20-2007, 10:09 PM
they probably make cameras like that now days for the blurry myspace generation