View Full Version : ATTN: ALLISONMONSTER

TuralyonW3
02-13-2007, 03:13 AM
what ever happened to that neil young video project you were gonna do? what song did you choose?

or did you wuss out and use Rush :p

Warsaw
02-13-2007, 03:17 AM
I love Silver & Gold and I think it is highly underrated. I haven't listened to Living With War as much as I thought I would.

What do you think of those two albums?

TuralyonW3
02-13-2007, 03:18 AM
I think they're both among his best work

Warsaw
02-13-2007, 03:21 AM
I think they're both among his best work

And what about Prairie Wind?

TuralyonW3
02-13-2007, 03:23 AM
I think it's about average in his ouvre

TuralyonW3
02-13-2007, 03:24 AM
The film Heart of Gold really brings the songs to life though

alisonmonster
02-13-2007, 03:26 AM
living with war lost to....STADIUM ARCADIUM at the grammys.

i just picked 'closer to the heart' because it was one many people knew and it was short. However, after i get my storyboards done do i find out the teacher only requires one minute of a song to illustrate-so i guess it didn't matter how long the song was after all-otherwise i would've gone with Neil :(

So i'm in the process-as of tomorrow- animating the damn thing on After Effects. It'll be like a continuous kaleidoscope with photo collage. Or somthing.Maybe it'll just be a huge piece of crap.

Hey, you're a film major, do you like Buster Keaton? I'm taking a film class for my elective and i think i'm addicted.

TuralyonW3
02-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Hey, you're a film major, do you like Buster Keaton? I'm taking a film class for my elective and i think i'm addicted.

oh lord, The General is so funny.

alisonmonster
02-13-2007, 03:30 AM
i d'led a tonne of them- and the General wasen't on it and i was pissed-i know thats his best. But I have Sherlock Jr and The Electric House, both are fantastic. I love that he never changes facial expression, he's awesome. I still have about 10 other films to watch of his.

TuralyonW3
02-13-2007, 03:31 AM
I really wanna see Sherlock Jr. and Steamboat Bill.

He orchestrated some really amazing technical things in those 20s films too

alisonmonster
02-13-2007, 03:34 AM
i was surprised that him and chaplin directed most of their own stuff. We've been going through silent film- last week was Le Chien Angelou. Jesus christ, i couldn't believe that movie. I mean they slit an eyeball in the first 15 seconds on the movie.

TuralyonW3
02-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Le Chien is so awesome. Bunuel and Dali just sat down and wrote the first things that came into their head, and committed themselves to filming it no matter what it was. they are pretty fucking up in the head.

are ya'll going to watch Battleship Potemkin or Sunrise?

alisonmonster
02-13-2007, 03:45 AM
Yep, saw both. Battleship was so damn depressing with the uh.... DYING.I like how it was shot a lot with the quick editing. We saw another one that was about farming...communist propaganda. Was Sunrise a french film where the girl gets knocked up, contemplates suicide then goes to live with her prostitute sister? It was beautifully shot but sad as hell, but i can't remember the name of the film.

We've seen a bunch including Nosferatu and Metropolis (i had already seen a bunch of times, though it never gets old).

Shapan
02-13-2007, 04:07 AM
moral of the thread: fuck stadium arcadium

TuralyonW3
02-13-2007, 04:07 AM
moral of the thread: fuck stadium arcadium

works for me