View Full Version : Invested in our defeat

milkdud
02-01-2007, 04:42 PM
They are so invested in defeat, if we defeat this insurgency and if there are great stories and articles and books written about the great comeback victory of the United States military and the hang-tough president who stood in with them, they are dead for any position of national power in 2008, they are dead, and they know it, and that's why they want the troops out. They cannot, my friends, they cannot survive an American victory in this war, simply can't. Rush Limbaugh

Democrats are invested in our defeat. Do you think this is true? :confused:

GlasgowKiss
02-01-2007, 04:48 PM
People talk a lot of shit when they are high.

milkdud
02-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Who's high Rush?

homechicago
02-01-2007, 06:46 PM
if victory didn't happen when saddam fell out of power, it would seem years later that there won't be one until iraqis fight for it. the u.s. is not going to make a difference. the american invasion didn't make regular citizens safer or better off. think about it, if spain came here to liberate us from w and you lost power, running water and the ability to go to a local store without being a bomb target, would you consider the spainsh invasion successful? would you care if spain stuck around for 2, 5, 10 years if you no longer had electricity, running water and employment in a safe environment? i personally wouldn' t be ecstatic and grateful, i'd be pissed.

Skellington
02-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Jesus Christ, I didn't know that I could invest in US defeat, and here I've been putting my money into investments with risk. What is the return looking like.

homechicago
02-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Jesus Christ, I didn't know that I could invest in US defeat, and here I've been putting my money into investments with risk. What is the return looking like.

yeah, i'm taking my investments out of fidelity. defeat is so profitable now.

Karl Connor
02-01-2007, 07:30 PM
what the fuck is "victory" at this point

why do republicans keep treating this like like a boxing match

FutureBoy
02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
So Rush says that we're losing? He's emboldening the enemy and demoralizing our troops. Whose side is that bastard on?

gurr8
02-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I was thinking "geez another rambling troll"...then i realized it was a quote from Limbaugh...

Ol' Couch Ass
02-01-2007, 08:14 PM
So Rush says that we're losing? He's emboldening the enemy and demoralizing our troops. Whose side is that bastard on?

You watched the Daily Show last night too, eh Futureboy?

Future Boy
02-01-2007, 08:24 PM
actually, no