View Full Version : so a weird thing happened to me last night

Eulogy
12-16-2006, 01:33 PM
I was sleeping on my friend's couch, and I wake up in the middle of the night with terrible, horrible pain starting at my elbow and radiating up and down my entire arm. Whenever I moved it, there was so much pain. I felt my elbow, and there was a weirdly shaped lump in it, and the area from my elbow to my forearm was incredibly swollen. And this was probably the worst pain I have ever experienced in my entire life. Keep in mind that I have had a gaping hole in my lower back, had a slip of paper shoved under my eyelid when my cornea was scratched to shit, had soccer balls rocket at my testicles from point blank range, and other pretty painful stuff. None of it compared to this. (Note: I'm not trying to turn this into a competition about pain...I am sure lots of people have experienced a lot worse.) So I can't figure out what the hell is going on. Then finally, while feeling around and looking at my elbow, I see a little metal point jutting out of the sleeve of my sweater. So here's when I start flipping out a little (I was still drunk and maybe a little high...who really knows). I woke up my friend who was sleeping on the other couch. I tried to pull the metal thing out, but it wouldn't budge. My friend had to grab a pair of pliers to get it out. And you know what it was? A FUCKING STAPLE. It had straightened out and wedged its way about an inch into my arm. I don't know what caused the weird lumps and swelling, but it all went away as soon as the staple was removed. the pain went away too. How could all of that pain be caused by a little staple?? jesus christ.

Karl Connor
12-16-2006, 01:38 PM
how did a staple get in there?

Eulogy
12-16-2006, 01:41 PM
how did a staple get in there?

that is a fantastic question. I mean, couches and chairs sometimes have staples to connect the.........upholstery? or something? you know what i mean.

but how it got into my arm is a total mystery. i also find it strange that it took me about 10 minutes to realize there was something in my arm. My first thought was "DAMN I must have been sleeping on this really funny!!"

Karl Connor
12-16-2006, 01:45 PM
man that's weird

Eulogy
12-16-2006, 01:49 PM
man that's weird

I know. my mom keeps trying to tell me i need to see a doctor or something. but i don't think that's necessary.

ReadMusic
12-16-2006, 01:51 PM
now that's what i call a rude awakening!

Karl Connor
12-16-2006, 01:53 PM
i had some glass stuck in my hands for like months. i took some morphine and took it out myself wiht a knife ... i got it out and it healed perfectly

mxzombie
12-16-2006, 01:54 PM
i dug out an ingrown toenail a few months ago. it was probably one of the most satisfying things ever. that shit had been bothering me for so long.

Karl Connor
12-16-2006, 02:10 PM
i have a lifelong fear of ingrown toenails. I had a horrid, horrid one at 12 and had to bathe my feet in peroxide all day because i was just that infected or something

since then i'm kind of weird about the angles i cut my toenails at

yo soy el mejor
12-16-2006, 02:25 PM
my dad's childhood friend complained about a pain in his knee for years before they x-rayed it and found a pin :eek:

RenewRevive
12-16-2006, 03:22 PM
And you know what it was? A FUCKING STAPLE. It had straightened out and wedged its way about an inch into my arm.

That's a big fucking staple. Post a pic.

I don't know what caused the weird lumps and swelling, but it all went away as soon as the staple was removed.

Are you allergic to staples?

Rarely
12-16-2006, 03:30 PM
the staple hit a nerve

teh b0lly!!1
12-16-2006, 03:57 PM
this thread, and the first post in particular, made me cringe in pain just reading that shit.
though, for the life of me, i cant remember anything way painful happening to me.
i mean, i had some painful events but not anything as freaky as you guys posted.
the best i can come up with is when i was a child i had this huge bulge of pus in the palm of my hand; i have no idea what happened to me that caused this.
and my father cleansed it of pus and disinfected it, it was so painful

Eulogy
12-16-2006, 07:12 PM
That's a big fucking staple. Post a pic.

Are you allergic to staples?

i don't have a picture...and yeah it was a huge staple.

sickbadthing
12-16-2006, 07:19 PM
when i used to work for a podiatrist, a patient came in with heel pain and he thought he had a heel spur but when the doctor looked at it he removed a small piece of plastic from a fucking snapple bottle top. the guy didn't even remember stepping on it. you gotta try really hard to have plastic penetrate your skin like that.

Trotskilicious
12-16-2006, 08:05 PM
i once cut a wart on my big toe off with a pocket knife

Ever
12-16-2006, 08:08 PM
i once cut a wart on my big toe off with a pocket knife I do this with dead blister skin and chewing gum on pants.

Trotskilicious
12-16-2006, 08:11 PM
ok yeah do you know that has very little to do with amputating a wart from your big toe?

I cut out the inside and then sliced the fucker off. It hurt so bad. I was 13.

Ever
12-16-2006, 08:17 PM
I was alluding to the use of using a pocket knife to remove things attached to yourself. Not the wart. But yes that must've hurt. The closest I came to that was when I was really young I thought it'd be a great idea to try and cut the hairs off of my arm with scissors and I ended up cutting of a large chunk of flesh. I still have the scar.

The Pashing Smumpkin
12-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Ive had both my nails on my big toes removed. They were both severley infected from ingrowns on both sides of each nail so I thought "fuck it" and had the bastards removed. I only had a local anesthetic and watching the doctor schluck them out like a couple of oysters from the shell was quite and experience. Then he cruely cut out the nail bed of each so the bastards wouldn't grow back and 6 years later my toes dont look like they once did but christ - the unbearable pain, puss and blood is all cleared up...

teh b0lly!!1
12-16-2006, 08:38 PM
I was alluding to the use of using a pocket knife to remove things attached to yourself. Not the wart. But yes that must've hurt. The closest I came to that was when I was really young I thought it'd be a great idea to try and cut the hairs off of my arm with scissors and I ended up cutting of a large chunk of flesh.

did you eat it?

Eulogy
12-17-2006, 03:38 AM
i had a wart on my foot a while back. i applied the salycilic acid or whatever and let it dry up, and then picked it off. it was enjoyable and effective.

cork_soaker
12-17-2006, 03:43 AM
who's hungry?

eh? eHHH??

Despite
12-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Man I had to have surgery on an ingrowing toe nail. It's so horrible when they inject your toe.

RenewRevive
12-17-2006, 03:22 PM
i once cut a wart on my big toe off with a pocket knife

Did it grow back? Sometimes they grow back.

RenewRevive
12-17-2006, 03:23 PM
i don't have a picture...and yeah it was a huge staple.

Scary mothers.

green chair
12-17-2006, 03:32 PM
where did you guys get that ice cream