View Full Version : I think Heroes is the best show on TV (besides 24)

Travis Meeks
11-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Prison break is great but Heroes is turning into a really awesome show. Love this show.

And just now they showed Nicole's father reading Vonnegut's Sirens of Titan...the same book I'm currently reading which is sitting right in front of me. Killer.

well I'm 99% sure it was Vonnegut

move along

****spoilers*****

Trotskilicious
11-27-2006, 10:46 PM
i think i was right about JP Losman

Trotskilicious
11-27-2006, 10:47 PM
jeph loeb is the executive producer of that heroes show, he started out in comics. I remember he had a run on Cable that was outstanding because it moved him away from being a stupid Rob Liefeld "he's like a big guy that shoots stuff with his big gun! Oh and he used to be a mercenary that's so cool!" cliche.

Travis Meeks
11-27-2006, 10:52 PM
so you're a fan of this show trots?

Geek USA
11-27-2006, 10:53 PM
I don't care for Dl, his son and that blonde girl nikki? I don't know they're the most boring characters on this show and the little boy annoys the crap outta me.

My least favorite out of all the shows I watch, but I've started it since day one, and ill finish it. :[

Trotskilicious
11-27-2006, 10:54 PM
so you're a fan of this show trots?

nope

Esty
11-27-2006, 11:03 PM
I think its been pretty good so far Meeks. I just finished watching this episode.

Spoliers

So does Sylar absorb the powers of the people he kills?

avian chaos
11-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Man. I always get jealous of people in different time zones that get to see the new eps before I do. But I agree, Meekz, Heroes is an awesome show. Although I've been hooked from day one, I wasn't going into it expecting <i>too</i> much. I thought it surely would have disappointed me by now, but it's never left me wanting anything but more. It's just too bad we get such crap reception on our tv that watching segments with Hiro and Ando are basically pointless.

avian chaos
11-27-2006, 11:07 PM
I don't care for Dl, his son and that blonde girl nikki? I don't know they're the most boring characters on this show and the little boy annoys the crap outta me.

My least favorite out of all the shows I watch, but I've started it since day one, and ill finish it. :[
I didn't care for them too much, either, at first. The little boy doesn't annoy me, but he's not my favorite by any means, either. What I started to like about their story is the potential conflict between "good hero" and "bad hero." I think it could make for some really interesting story developments. It would be boring if all the main "heroes" were good.

I think my favorite hero, though it changes often, is consistently Matt. Is that the right name? The police guy who can read minds. I love his episode bits the most.

Travis Meeks
11-27-2006, 11:17 PM
It's not like lost where they just leave questions unanswered, they're actually explaining the why these things are happening. Hiro is the man, it's going to be awesome watching him turn into his future playa hata status. For a season that has mainly focused on character development it has been vastly entertaining.

Esty
11-27-2006, 11:20 PM
I think my favorite hero, though it changes often, is consistently Matt. Is that the right name? The police guy who can read minds. I love his episode bits the most.

Ditto.

Answer my question meeks. Did you see the show today?

Travis Meeks
11-27-2006, 11:20 PM
I think its been pretty good so far Meeks. I just finished watching this episode.

So does Sylar absorb the powers of the people he kills?

sure looks that way. I'm thinking he may find the abnormalities in the other 'hero's' brains and he finds a way to rearrange his own brain to match their brain. He's gonna be a bad motha....

Also, I wonder how the cheerleader's dad hooked up with that black dude

Future Boy
11-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Also, I wonder how the cheerleader's dad hooked up with that black dude
Yeah

Mablak
11-27-2006, 11:36 PM
A new take on comic book superheroes, WOOHOO. How many times has the concept of people acquiring extraordinary powers and then having to use them to help society, out of the whole 'responsibility that comes with power' thing, been exploited? This show seriously has some of the worst, sappiest and hollow dialogue I've ever heard, and I couldn't dream of a worse idea or name for a show. But keep watching and I'm sure everything will come together like a Harry Potter dream come true.

Travis Meeks
11-27-2006, 11:37 PM
so don't watch it Mablak

Future Boy
11-27-2006, 11:37 PM
We can only hope.

Mablak
11-27-2006, 11:38 PM
Humbug :embarass:

Mablak
11-27-2006, 11:39 PM
I felt defensive at the claim of bestness, I don't hate the show that much, but yeah its very existence is a little offensive to me

Shapan
11-27-2006, 11:41 PM
heroes is pretty good ive enjoyed it. one of my roommates dls it every monday night and we watch, its pretty cool.

avian chaos
11-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Hi Shapan :blush:

neopryn
11-27-2006, 11:46 PM
i saw the pilot for my review class, it was good although i agree that the dialogue was horrible. probably check out the DVDs next august/

Katy Lied
11-27-2006, 11:46 PM
the only 3 shows i watch on TV are Simpsons, Seinfeld, and Law and Order

Shapan
11-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi Shapan :blush:

hey kimmy where have u been?

avian chaos
11-27-2006, 11:50 PM
The dialogue's never bothered me too much so much as specific characters. Though whenever Nikki opens her mouth something ridiculous and trite usually comes out. "When I look in the mirror, I see someone ELSE looking back at me..." :erm:

The only person who I really want to murder on that show is Matt's boss, the broad with the blonde hair. God, she's the worst. I can't stand her voice and her stupid moonface.

avian chaos
11-27-2006, 11:50 PM
hey kimmy where have u been?
I went home to Redding for a week and my phone died two days into the trip. I got your messages once we got home last night, though :)

Shapan
11-27-2006, 11:52 PM
haha, excellent.

i got way too high all of last week, and now i have like 200 pages of bio to read.

Elvis The Fat Years
11-27-2006, 11:54 PM
what are the black dudes powers? the chick that can say shit and people just do it... he was in the room and the cheerleaders dad was all, fuck you i aint lettin you go.

and then he went into the hospital room a few episodes back and erased the memory of the guy that tried to rape the cheerleader.

i have no idea whats going on in this show, but i like it and keep waching it.

and next weeks is the last new episode until after new years. motherfucks. that means it's going against 24. thank god for dvr's.

avian chaos
11-28-2006, 12:00 AM
^ I didn't understand your post so I assume it pertains to tonight's ep which I'm yet to see, but there are two black guys. The guy that hangs out with Mr. Bennet (the cheerleader's dad) has the power to erase people's memories. The guy that has the son with the bipolar white trash broad has the power to phase.

Esty
11-28-2006, 12:05 AM
and next weeks is the last new episode until after new years. motherfucks. that means it's going against 24. thank god for dvr's.

You should just get two vcrs.

tcm
11-28-2006, 03:33 AM
great scott.

Geek USA
11-28-2006, 03:38 AM
I just wanna see what peter can do when he's near all of the heroes at one time!

ChristHimself!
11-28-2006, 05:26 AM
I just wanna see what peter can do when he's near all of the heroes at one time!

yeah, you just know it's gonna lead up to that in one episode

<3 Hiro

The Jesus
11-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Heroes is turning into a really awesome show. Love this show.

^^^^^^

Travis Meeks
11-28-2006, 10:31 PM
I can't wait until this show really takes off and then 5 years from now I will declare to netphoria that I was a fan since season 1.

oh how grand it will be! suck on that nimrod

BlueStar
11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
It's my current favorite show.

IWishIWasBlank
11-29-2006, 10:19 AM
I agree. That Chuck Dawson is a hunk!

Nate the Grate
11-29-2006, 01:36 PM
It's the only TV show I watch right now. I haven't followed a TV show like this since...X-Files maybe? I agree that I hate the DL/Nikki storyline (I don't care about that freakin kid), and I'm not a huge fan of Nathan Petrelli (his brother is still kind of a mystery though, so that's cool). The cheerleader is hot and it's nice to finally know who Sylar is and why he's killing the Heroes.

Grumble
11-29-2006, 01:48 PM
The dialogue and some of the acting bothers me if I let it, but I just try and screen it out, gag the cynical monologue in my head, and enjoy it. Which was working for a while. I thought it was getting better and better, all coming together well, but I've started to lose interest a bit now. I'll probably keep watching, though. The voiceover bits at the start and end really grate on my nerves, though. All that "For every wish there is a moment, every person, a place. Are we more than the sum of our parts, or does Destiny drag us round like an old dog..." type crap.

RobTheGood
11-29-2006, 04:19 PM
i wish angel was still on tv :(

Trotskilicious
11-29-2006, 04:43 PM
i don't really get the buffy/angel thing but that demon chick on angel was smoking.

Shapan
11-29-2006, 06:54 PM
heroes is pretty good, last week's show when they showed the homecoming night was the best of the series so far.