View Full Version : This is very nice (1)(2)(3)NOT!!! Borat gets beat up in nyc

PkPhuoko
11-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Source: http://www.playfuls.com/news_0003273_Borats_Face_Punched_in_NY_by_Joke_Vic tim.html

Sacha Baron Cohen was beaten up while trying to impersonate reporter Borat in real life. While in New York, he tried to pull a joke on a passer-by and was punched repeatedly before being rescued by a friend. The reported incident took place after Laurie and Cohen appeared on the US TV show Saturday Night Live late last month.

In character up as the fictional Kazakh journalist Borat that he created, Cohen approached a man in the street and said: "I like your clothings. Are nice! Please may I buying? I want have sex with it."

The man didn't taste the joke, as probably he hasn't seen the Borat movie, and punched Borat's face in. The comedian quickly switched from his alter-ego back to Cohen and screamed for help. Cohen's friend, actor Hugh Laurie, came to the rescue. The 47-year-old 'House' star pushed the man away while Cohen got back onto his feet.

The actor friends had been headed for a late dinner in the city when Laurie suggested they pop into a Manhattan bar.

"Sacha couldn’t resist playing the fool as Borat, but picked on the wrong person," a friend of the comedian told the British tabloid The Sun. "I guess this guy thought he was being attacked by someone unstable and lashed out. Sacha is very lucky he didn’t get a much worse beating." He probably would have received a much worse beating if the "Black Adder" actor wasn't with him.

Cohen did not receive any visible wounds, but was said to be seriously shaken up, and Laurie reportedly told friends he was afraid the 'Ali G' star would be beaten up badly. The comic has since been warned by studio bosses to refrain from appearing as Borat on the streets, but the comedian has continued to promote the film in character.

This is not the first time Americans have failed to get the Borat joke. Two US students who appeared in the Borat movie are suing Cohen, after they were filmed making racist and sexist remarks. They claim they have suffered humiliation and mental distress and are seeking financial damages in excess of $25,000. Allegedly they were misled into being filmed by being told the footage would never be shown in North America and coerced into signing release papers while drunk.

Cohen, now officialy posing as Borat, is currently in Australia doing promotional work and at the movie's premiere claimed he was searching for an Aussie wife. "I would very much like to find Australian wife… ladies, please send me photograph, preference erotic," Borat revealed. "My preference is for a woman who has more hair on head than back, and teeth that grow only on inside of mouth," he added.

"There is one lady I particular fond of — please if anyone has the number of Colleen you must give it to me," he said of a character in Australian soap opera 'Home and Away' played by the 70-year-old Lyn Collingwood.

Ironically Cohen is engaged to Australian actress Isla Fisher who appeared on the soapie before rising to international recognition with her role in 'Wedding Crashers'. Borat also praised Dannii Minogue as "very nice".

But he claimed to be in love with the country too: "I like very much Australia, I am a huge fanny of your country," he revealed.

Asked his reaction to the film's success, Borat read: "If the film was not a success my Government had made it clear that I would be executed. They were also relieved because the last time they used the electric chair in Kazakhstan all the lights in the capital city went out."

The Jewish actor, portraying Borat, said he would like to win an Oscar for his movie, the award "for best anti-Jewish film, although there is, of course, very fierce competition from your Melvin Gibson". "I would like to say that we in Kazakhstan fully support the statement of Mr Gibson when he say the Jews started all the wars," he added.

His movie will open in Australia on November 23rd, following its strong release in the U.S. where it has taken more than $100 million at the box office in less than two weeks. The movie is tipped to become the world’s best comedy of all times.

Sacha Noam Baron Cohen (born October 13, 1971) is a Jewish - British comedian and actor notable for his successful and controversial comic characters, including Ali G (a junglist from West Staines, England), Borat (a Kazakhstani reporter), and Brüno (a flamboyantly gay Austrian fashion reporter). All three characters are featured in Da Ali G Show, an often unscripted program in which Sacha Baron Cohen conducts interviews as one of his three characters with people who ostensibly believe that the interviews are sincere and legitimate. His work has been recognized with a BAFTA award, and earned an Emmy nomination.

Baron Cohen was born in Hammersmith, London, England to an Orthodox Jewish family. He is the second of three sons of Gerald Baron Cohen and Daniella Weiser; his father owns a menswear shop in Piccadilly and is originally from Wales, while his mother is a native Israeli of Persian heritage.

Izzle
11-14-2006, 11:25 AM
i am thinkings of for Borat and to the Humble Chef friends they might be good to being??

tcm
11-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Sacha Baron Cohen was beaten up while trying to impersonate reporter Borat in real life.
bizarre statement.

The Jesus
11-14-2006, 11:40 AM
This story makes me happy. :p

Tchocky
11-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Who better to save the day than Dr. House?

Dead
11-14-2006, 02:20 PM
That's pretty cool, House saved his ass. I guess he rose above the bum leg, if only for a moment. If you need to sign release papers for the Borat stuff, I wonder how they get anyone to sign considering they usually end up saying stupid or racist things. Maybe they think it's really for some foreign tv show, whatever.

Ugly
11-14-2006, 04:18 PM
As enjoyable as the movie is, once in awhile Cohen needs to get the crap smacked out of him for generally being a douche.

Trotskilicious
11-14-2006, 04:20 PM
I like the idea of Hugh Laurie as George from Blackadder and Borat teaming up.

benjamin619
11-14-2006, 04:28 PM
george from blackadder is far, far greater than borat.

Trotskilicious
11-14-2006, 04:32 PM
No kidding.

Trotskilicious
11-14-2006, 04:33 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8tOe_QsLek"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8tOe_QsLek" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Izzle
11-14-2006, 04:34 PM
borat is a good character but i think the novelty wore off for me pretty quickly. i think his humour lacks variety.

yo soy el mejor
11-14-2006, 07:02 PM
hahaha, awesome. i wish there was footage of him breaking role and screaming for help

that's pretty bizarre that hugh laurie rescued him