View Full Version : bc2005-04-23 Montmartre, Paris

Cool As Ice Cream
10-20-2006, 01:25 AM
video clips from the fan meetup: http://www.4shared.com/dir/1080022/56226958/bc2005-04-23.html

Brewer
10-20-2006, 06:43 AM
Thanks a lot :cheers:

Kahlo
10-20-2006, 07:05 AM
excellent, so the dirty french finally decide to share!

Thanks Brambo

Cool As Ice Cream
10-20-2006, 07:33 AM
excellent, so the dirty french finally decide to share!
Not quite, actually...

Kahlo
10-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Did you infiltrate their ranks?

YOU ARE A NETPHORIAN HERO

http://www.worldcupblog.org/upload/medal.jpg

Cool As Ice Cream
10-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Not quite, actually...
<NOTQUITEACTUALLY>

davin
10-20-2006, 12:01 PM
thanks bram. :2thumbsup

Edit: Did Rob contact you?

Cool As Ice Cream
11-10-2006, 09:16 PM
i think i'll forget about that whole rob thing.

schwarzy
11-15-2006, 12:39 PM
See Bram, how you get all the credit.

Cool As Ice Cream
11-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Hi Cedric. :)

schwarzy
11-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi Cedric. :)

Hey !
How are you mate ?
Did you go to Pukkelpop ? I've tried to reach you but your PM box seemed full at that time.
I guess you know a band called Foxylane, i've discovered them in the Wablief? tent. Pretty good when you want to jump around, even if their lyrics are a bit lame.

ravenguy2000
11-15-2006, 10:21 PM
del

ravenguy2000
11-15-2006, 10:21 PM
del

redbull
11-15-2006, 11:41 PM
what the fuck

The New
11-15-2006, 11:50 PM
code red!
code red!

Cool As Ice Cream
11-16-2006, 03:39 AM
Hey !
How are you mate ?
Did you go to Pukkelpop ? I've tried to reach you but your PM box seemed full at that time.
I guess you know a band called Foxylane, i've discovered them in the Wablief? tent. Pretty good when you want to jump around, even if their lyrics are a bit lame.
you were at pukkelpop??? dude, why didn't you let me know? my pm box was never full. maybe you tried to reach me at my hotmail address, which becomes inactive every month.

yes, i was there. no, i don't know foxylane.
did you enjoy daft punk? i thought they were effin' incredible.

schwarzy
11-16-2006, 04:43 AM
Yeah, i was there with some friends only for the Saturday...
I can't remember if i only sent you messages to your Hotmail address or if i have also tried your PM box. Anyway, even if i'm not much around here i should have tried to reach you directly on the forum...
Now i know, i feel stupid 'cause we could have drunk beers together...
Of course i've enjoyed Daft Punk a lot (i went there especially to see them). It was really loud & rockin' + some entertainment. All the stuff i like.

If you don't know Foxylane try to find their EP, it's really fun. And if you want to see & hear some stuff from them & other bands during the festival, check the videos i've posted on my blog (if you still have the address).

Cool As Ice Cream
11-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Did you see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs?

I did, but then I suddenly needed to go to the bathroom and I was in the middle of the tent and it was so crowded and I almost didn't make it. Panic. That kinda ruined it for me. :(

schwarzy
11-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah, i wen to see YYY. I was in the middle too 'cause i wanted to have a good spot so i came early. I would say i enjoyed half of it. Some of their songs are cool, but you can really see their limits.
I can imagine how it was hard to rush to the bathroom with this crowd...
Did i you see Eagles of death metal (after DP it was was favorite band that day) ?. I only saw half of it 'cause it took forever to park our car.

Cool As Ice Cream
11-16-2006, 03:24 PM
yeah, i saw eagles of death metal. they were cool. they were my must-sees together with daft punk and the yeah yeah yeahs that day.

i also enjoyed the raconteurs and the arctic monkeys. i didn't really expect much of these two, but they were ok. i left after a couple of arctic songs, because i also wanted a good spot for the yyys; and that was a good thing: as soon as we reached the tent, it started raining like hell. all the people started running towards the tent, even the ones who didn't care for the yyys.
and that made my escape from the tent a lot worse: in the beginning, while i was still in the middle of the tent it was still doable, but the last 5 or so meters were packed with people who preferred to stand there packed over standing in the rain. that was totally impossible to get through. but i managed anyway.

after that i went back to the camping and took a shower and got dry clothes. i could hear placebo playing in the background and i knew i had made the right choice. :)

schwarzy
11-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh ! so we were at the exact same places !
I enjoyed YYY but as i say sometimes they get boring (even if they're rocking) and Karen's voice is most of the time horrible (i remember one of my friend looking at me and wondering why i was glad to see them).
I didn't bother for Arctic Monkeys, they were on my top 3 list of must-NOT-sees ! And as far as i know the Raconteurs played another day, isn't it ? From what i've heard they seemed really tight on scene.
Poor you with your escape, i remember seeing people standing in the mud with no shoes just waiting for the rain to stop while i was inside...
I couldn't run away from Placebo (yeah, i know... i had to wait somewhere before i could check Belle&Sebastian, who were quite cool, especially when you need something peaceful to eat your hot dog !).
Placebo's set was horrible (hard to think i liked them back in 1996...) : no sound, no songs,... the best song was the Kate Bush cover they play for years now. Stupid band.

Btw, were you on your own for this trip ?

davin
11-20-2006, 12:34 AM
:love: