View Full Version : Do they think we're morons?

Mr. Rhinoceros
01-28-2003, 04:38 PM
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">Sunday night during the Super Bowl, a commercial was aired that presented itself as your run of the mill home pregnancy test commercial. However there was a twist at the end when they reveal that the couple already has a teenage daughter and "they are about to be the youngest grandparents on the block." No, it's not a PSA encouraging parents to educate their children about sex. No it's not about teaching your kids about safe sex or abstinence. IT'S ABOUT WEED. Apparently, marijuana impairs judgment and leads to teen pregnancy! A SPECIAL MORON AWARD GOES TO THE PERSON WHO CAME UP WITH THIS ONE.

Another spot I saw over the Christmas Holidays (and forgot to post about) features a couple of kids smoking weed in their dad's office. After a bowl or two, one of them PICKS UP A GUN ON THE DESK HE'S SITTING BEHIND AND SHOOTS THE OTHER KID. Again, this PSA isn't about educating your children about firearms or keeping your firearm in a place where idle hands can't get to it. No. It's about WEED. OH MY GOD HAS EVERYONE GONE STUPID?

"When you buy drugs you're supporting terrorism" is bad enough, but this new stuff is awful. Something has to be done with this idiotic attempt at anti-drug propaganda. Who OKed these ads? Can anyone say these situations are even realistic? How could anyone be so stupid as to put this claptrap on the air? Is this how our tax dollars are spent? I just can't get over it. Holy christ. When will the government learn that making up lies about marijuana* is not going to prevent people from using it? ARGH. Is that Nazi Shithead John Ashcroft behind this crap? Anyone here brainless enough to think these commercials are effective? Anyone ignorant to think that they aren't a bundle of lies? Bring it.

<font size="1">*Not to say that it doesn't impair judgment. I doesn't impair judgment that much. It's not alcohol. I'm not about to pick up a gun and cap my friend when I'm stoned. Besides, most potheads are non violent for the simple reason that shooting someone takes too much effort. Marijuana impairs your ability to not say stupid things, resist eating large quantities of salty foods, pay attention to more than one thing at a time, move around in general, remember stuff, and back out of parking spots.</font>

Mayfuck
01-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">"When you buy drugs you're supporting terrorism" </font>

So does paying your federal income taxes.

meow
01-28-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck

So does paying your federal income taxes.

dusty
01-28-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Rhinoceros
<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">It's not alcohol.
Besides, most potheads are non violent for the simple reason that shooting someone takes too much effort. Marijuana impairs your ability to not say stupid things, resist eating large quantities of salty foods, pay attention to more than one thing at a time, move around in general, remember stuff, and back out of parking spots.</font> me and brad saw that fucking office commercial and had the exact same reaction.

Travis Meekz
01-28-2003, 05:10 PM
fuck, me and all my buddies got a great laugh out of that. The war on weed is nothing but lies. There is no substance to their claims. Now I believe there is some negative to weed....but I never really read about those reasons or saw commercials on them

Travis Meekz
01-28-2003, 05:11 PM
and yes, they do think we are that dumb

Affect
01-28-2003, 05:21 PM
I want to see psa's that tell you that smoking weed will cause you to buy insane amounts of munchies, laugh at stupid video games, and think commercials for weed are like 10 minute mini-series.