View Full Version : Billy just expects his fans to wait around?

ckeegan
09-13-2006, 02:41 PM
The lack of updates on recording/reunion status...little to no communication online, whether it be via Myspace or billycorgan.com (instead, long self-indulgent and rambling memoires)...

...does anyone else kind of feel like BC is blasting a big FUCK YOU to the fans that have been so passionate about his music for the last 5-10 years? I just find it strange. Most bands I know are interested in their fan base, espcially if they're trying to mount a comeback. That is all.

benjamin619
09-13-2006, 02:43 PM
he's recording an album, alright? dont be an ass because he doesnt have time to fill out your myspace surveys.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-13-2006, 02:46 PM
The lack of updates on recording/reunion status...little to no communication online, whether it be via Myspace or billycorgan.com (instead, long self-indulgent and rambling memoires)...

...does anyone else kind of feel like BC is blasting a big FUCK YOU to the fans that have been so passionate about his music for the last 5-10 years? I just find it strange. Most bands I know are interested in their fan base, espcially if they're trying to mount a comeback. That is all.
boo-urns.

TheEdgeboy
09-13-2006, 02:56 PM
couple weeks backs I witnessed a Tool concert. I saw 12,000 Tool fans not give a fuck how long the band was gone.

Skradgee
09-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Not telling the fans what's up makes Billy feel like a badass............

and, he's probably very busy...trying to stick to the task at hand.

mistle
09-13-2006, 03:30 PM
molesting frances when courtney's not looking

mistle
09-13-2006, 03:35 PM
"you sold more records, you stole my rightful place as the cultural icon of our generation and you had better hair than me.
well now i'm ASS RAPING YOUR DAUGHTER!!! AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"

Fathoms (unadored)
09-13-2006, 03:37 PM

no

mistle
09-13-2006, 03:47 PM
anyway you should just stop whining. he has more important stuff on his mind right now. like writing songs with linda perry and hanging out with the master musicians of joolakalumbo and keeping up relationships with three different untalented skanks at once to ensure maximum access to poon in the future. he's got a lot on his hands!

killtrocity
09-13-2006, 04:11 PM
chill the fuck out, he's recording, that's all you need to know

DeviousJ
09-13-2006, 05:04 PM
chill the fuck out, he's recording, that's all you need to know

Prove it

SPkid
09-14-2006, 12:55 AM
lets just hope bc doesn't go axle rose on our asses. think about how long its been since the concept album 'chinese democracy' was first introduced. Mr. Rose still hasn't really done shit with it (if it exists). Also, BC and AR are both pisces (you never know what you're gonna get or what will happen) and they both fronted extremely succesful groups that and havent had much luck in terms of making a come back . moreover, slash won't/doesn't play with axle anymore.

-spkid

Lucky Day Spa
09-14-2006, 01:51 AM
Will Slash play with Corgan?

Phoenix Down
09-14-2006, 02:24 AM
accusing billy of not caring for his fans is just plain stupid. how much material did that guy release for fans only? He's fucking recording, give him a break.

CYCLE_23
09-14-2006, 09:59 AM
lets just hope bc doesn't go axle rose on our asses. think about how long its been since the concept album 'chinese democracy' was first introduced. Mr. Rose still hasn't really done shit with it (if it exists). Also, BC and AR are both pisces (you never know what you're gonna get or what will happen) and they both fronted extremely succesful groups that and havent had much luck in terms of making a come back . moreover, slash won't/doesn't play with axle anymore.

-spkid

You mother fucker, dont ever compare Gun's n roses to the Smashing pumpkins!

Effloresce
09-14-2006, 10:23 AM
There's not much else to say... they're in the studio. The myspace and stuff is all probably a work in progress... smashingpumpkins.com has been updated consistantly enough. The bomb has already been dropped, if anything releasing little tidbits of info builds up more hype.

Now, with that said, I agree, give us some fucking photos, a short video, a short yet somewhat informative interview, something. The most in depth interview pertaining to the reunion was with Jimmy in a French magazine. The people behind the Wiki SP article kept on rejecting it. So most people don't know about it.

But on the other hand, BEYOND a few photos, there's not much else that could be happening anyway. Not right now. I'd start complaining if another month goes by and nothing happens, though.

killtrocity
09-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Prove it

I can't prove it, so I'll assume the alternative is true; he's not actually recording. He is simply fucking with everyone who still gives half a shit about his career

heyhigh
09-14-2006, 12:06 PM
there is one bit of news. Billy is scheduled to play the MTV awards in 2014 with shocking cornrow braids.

Smashing Turnip
09-14-2006, 12:27 PM
I seriously think that unless he has James and/or Darcy on board then SP2 is going to be as abortive as his other projects.

dean_r_koontz
09-14-2006, 12:35 PM
i'm just waiting, slightly impatiently i might add, to crank out the new record on this motherfucker:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/andersrickne/grammofon.jpg

smashing0
09-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Prove itDisprove it
:p

Ugly
09-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Prove it

actually, considering how 1 source has told us they are recording (thier official site), and 0 sources have told that they are not recording, smart money is on the fact that, yes, they are recording a new album.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-14-2006, 02:47 PM
I personally feel very comfortable waiting around, without any updates or whatever.

DeviousJ
09-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Disprove it
:p

Prove I haven't disproved it

Stinky Pinky
09-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Prove I haven't disproved it

pudding in the truth!

DeviousJ
09-14-2006, 05:03 PM
pudding in the truth!

Your mom deals crack I deal in truth
My puddings are 100% proof
Disprove my theory, I put it clearly
Billy and Courtney, writing the sequel to TFE

GlasgowKiss
09-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Billy just expects his fans to get a fucking life.

Stinky Pinky
09-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Billy just expects his fans to get a fucking life.

yeah and once again he's proven wrong

Starla
09-14-2006, 09:45 PM
A "Big Fuck You" to the fans because he's busy in the recording studio? lol....k

Deege
09-14-2006, 10:32 PM
I seriously think that unless he has James and/or Darcy on board then SP2 is going to be as abortive as his other projects.
I wish everyone would stop with this "SP2" crap. They will not be called Smashing Pumpkins 2. They will still be the Smashing Pumpkins...without the 2. :banging:

oddhandle
09-15-2006, 05:24 AM
I've added little ones to all my SP stuff, so it's a little late...

I remember thinking TFE recording went really quickly, and wondering if that was a good thing or not... now that I know, I hope he takes his sweet-ass time.

ratking17
09-15-2006, 05:29 AM
Boo creepy foot doctor...

myosis
09-15-2006, 08:06 AM
they've always been SP2.
SP 1 is skinny puppy.

mistle
09-15-2006, 09:05 AM
it should be sp -2

TumoraXsault
09-15-2006, 12:20 PM
After his unappreciated solo-act and zwan, Billy's whole career will be upto to only 11-12 tracks on one cd (Not to mention, if this cd doesnt do well...the earlier pumpkins could also be haunted).

So take his disappearance like this: in order to do well and really go beyond the expectations, sometimes you just need to step away from everything and just really solely focus on the task at hand.

Great artists do this, they would take a break and then come out with something good if not better then their last piece. An example would be Leonardo Di'Vinci and how many breaks he would take when drawing the Mona Lisa. And in fact, Rome wasn't built in a day either. A lot of good writers would take breaks as well.

Thus, if this is what Billy needs to make a worthy album in order to save himself and his career...then he should take as much time as he needs. Wait 'til 2007, like the Pisces booklet says, for this act that we see as "immaturity" is truly mature in the minds of artists.

strangerdanger
09-15-2006, 09:21 PM

Dude, here's an update for you: you're on this board. Ergo, you, for one, are, in fact, "waiting around." Deal. It sounds like you don't actually like anything you've read from him in the past year, anyway, and there are lots of things for which the wait is much worse.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-16-2006, 04:40 AM
I've added little ones to all my SP stuff, so it's a little late...
Same here.

drbenway
09-16-2006, 12:51 PM
I remember thinking TFE recording went really quickly

If I'm not mistaken, it took about a year. I think that's been the average for everything since MCIS (though I'm not sure about Adore).

Syco54645
09-19-2006, 02:19 PM
i could prove it if i wanted to show you studio pics. but fuck you netphoria... you get shit.

why dont we just take them to the studio with us next time the b0llster has us over for some yahtzee

Eulogy
09-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Also, BC and AR are both pisces (you never know what you're gonna get or what will happen)

-spkid

are you fucking serious

Kahlo
09-19-2006, 02:44 PM
I think the guy is stressed enough with making a new album, never mind answering all your bullshit requests. No one is making you sit around and wait. Go outside and play or something. with trains.

Syco54645
09-19-2006, 02:49 PM
not to mention when the ghost of bugg started to hum the shit out of your puppy and james thought it was hot. we should just tell billy that we fucking let him win so that he will be less of a cock and stop the stupid fucking "happy dance". the worst was when he decided to take off his clothes while doing it, and james again thought that it was hot. maybe this time we can suggest scrabble. i am sure that billy cant spell much more than ego.

Syco54645
09-19-2006, 02:49 PM
I think the guy is stressed enough with making a new album, never mind answering all your bullshit requests. No one is making you sit around and wait. Go outside and play or something. with trains.

i hear that the yellow line is really fun to play with this time of year

Ol' Couch Ass
09-19-2006, 05:42 PM
he's recording an album, alright? dont be an ass because he doesnt have time to fill out your myspace surveys.

hehehe

D.
09-19-2006, 06:07 PM
lol

Den
09-19-2006, 06:39 PM
There's loads of great music out there that you have no idea exists, go find it while you wait for Billy and the rest to drop the album.