View Full Version : "one with the freaks" by the notwist

patrick
01-27-2003, 09:03 PM
oh my fucking god. song of the (previous) year. i've been having a love/hate, boring/interesting relationship with the notwist since neon golden came out. but shit. this song.

ahhhhh

shit.

patrick
01-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Graveflower
Off the Rail is better. your ugly face is better

strange_one
01-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by failure
your ugly face is better
<font color=33FFFF> b-side?</font>

shaniqua
01-27-2003, 10:17 PM
THE NOTWIST SOUNDS LIKE PET SHOP BOYUS

Best Looking Boy
01-27-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by failure
your ugly face is better Consequence is also better.

DeadSwan
01-27-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by pale_princess

what's wrong with the pet shop boys?

Mayfuck
01-27-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by pale_princess

No.

One With the Freaks is the worst song on the album. It's not bad at all just the rest are better.

Best Looking Boy
01-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck

No.

One With the Freaks is the worst song on the album. It's not bad at all just the rest are better. But comon, you can relate to it with your post-teenage angst. I know you want to be a part of something!

Irrelevant
01-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck

One With the Freaks is the worst song on the album.

it's better than the title track.

Best Looking Boy
01-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Irrelevant
it's better than the title track. I'll agree with that, kind of boring.

patrick
01-28-2003, 12:38 AM
yeah

i relate to its relateable angsty message, or some shit

:confused:

no i just like the guitar part a lot.

Irrelevant
01-28-2003, 01:22 AM
on a side note, this is the first song i ever heard by the Notwist. i ran across it on audiogalaxy one day. i think it was a featured song or something. it was a while before Neon Golden came out too. or at least before people started saying how good they were. i ran across "Holy Night Fever" by Deerhoof the same way. it was on audiogalaxy a long time before Reveille came out. i miss audiogalaxy sometimes.

raygun
01-28-2003, 02:11 AM
I like Trashing Days the most.

Lie
01-28-2003, 02:14 AM
It really is the least interesting song on the album. As Julio mentioned, it's not bad, there's just not a hell of a lot to it, and if you're listening to The Notwist for what they uniquely have to offer, that song could probably most easily be redone by another artist and sound perfectly natural. And "Off The Rails" is my favorite, to finish echoing the general sentiments that have already been expressed in this thread. I'll be going now.

Jaggie
01-28-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Best Looking Boy
Consequence is also better.

A-fucking-men to that. Best songs are Consequence, Pilot and One With the Freaks. Good thread.

patrick
01-28-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by killtheyouth

i miss audiogalaxy all the time. me too. me too :(

honestly, off the rails bores me a bit (going back to what i said earlier.) i don't know. there's something about the guitars abruptley coming in (really beautiful guitar sounds, btw) that never fail to take me by surprise and make my heart go swoooooon

consequence is good. and um yeah. i suppose i should buy the album in february

Injektilo
01-28-2003, 03:02 AM
best track is "thrashing days", then Pick Up the Phone... or maybe the other way around.

sawdust restaurants
01-28-2003, 04:20 AM
Trashing Days, Off the Rails (especially the original version on that comp as opposed to the version that made Neon Golden) and Consequence are three of the best songs I've heard in a long, long time. Neon Golden is so fucking good.

As for "One With the Freaks," yeah, it is one of the weaker songs on the album, which puts it at like a 9/10.

bofus
01-28-2003, 04:51 PM
I love the Notwist.

"One With the Freaks" was my least favorite song on the album for awhile--but I still really like it. "Off the Rails" is better in its old incarnation, but I've grown to love that whole album. It's not flawless to me, but it's pretty close.

I think "One with the Freaks" is really the only song that's reminiscent of what they used to sound like. It's good to hear they are still doing things similar to 12.