View Full Version : It's unprotected sex from here on out

bardy
08-24-2006, 09:33 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/08/24/morning.after.pill.ap/index.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Women may buy the morning-after pill without a prescription -- but only with proof they're 18 or older, federal health officials ruled Thursday, capping a contentious 3-year effort to ease access to the emergency contraceptive.

Girls 17 and younger still will need a doctor's note to buy the pills, called Plan B, the Food and Drug Administration told manufacturer Barr Pharmaceuticals Inc.

The compromise decision is a partial victory for women's advocacy and medical groups that say eliminating sales restrictions could cut in half the nation's 3 million annual unplanned pregnancies.

The pills are a concentrated dose of the same drug found in many regular birth-control pills.

When a woman takes the pills within 72 hours of unprotected sex, they can lower the risk of pregnancy by up to 89 percent. If she already is pregnant, the pills have no effect.

Barr has said it hopes to begin nonprescription sales of Plan B by the end of the year.

The pills will be sold only from behind the counter at pharmacies -- so the pharmacist can check photo identification -- but not at convenience stores or gas stations.

There isn't enough scientific evidence that young teens can safely use Plan B without a doctor's supervision, Dr. Andrew von Eschenbach, the FDA's acting commissioner, said in a memo obtained by The Associated Press.

But Barr did prove that over-the-counter use is safe for older teens and adults -- and licensed pharmacies are used to checking for proof of age 18 before selling tobacco and certain other products, von Eschenbach wrote in explaining the agency's age cutoff.

"This approach should help ensure safe and effective use of the product," he concluded.

Plan B's maker was disappointed that FDA imposed the age restriction and pledged to continue trying to get the agency to try to eliminate it.

"While we still feel that Plan B should be available to a broader age group without a prescription, we are pleased that the agency has determined that Plan B is safe and effective for use by those 18 years of age and older as an over-the-counter product," said Bruce L. Downey, Barr's chairman.

As a condition of approval, Barr agreed to track whether pharmacists are enforcing the age restriction, by, among other things, sending anonymous shoppers to buy Plan B.

The FDA said that Barr is to conduct that formal tracking at least twice in the first year of sales and annually thereafter, and report stores that break the rules to their state pharmacy licensing boards.

But Barr also will conduct a national education campaign to raise awareness of emergency contraception, among both women and health providers

yo soy el mejor
08-24-2006, 09:34 AM
never kill a baby.

bardy
08-24-2006, 09:35 AM
im just going to take it after every time i have sex

alexthestampede
08-24-2006, 09:45 AM
someone needs to make a chart that actually shows your chances of getting pregnant under varying conditions

Mariner
08-24-2006, 09:53 AM
just remember, it's that tiny percentage of the time the pill doesn't work that really matters

Zerospaced
08-24-2006, 09:59 AM
what about diseases

laradelocke
08-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Har har. Imagine, there are actually people out there who think you can take it as often as you want. It fucks you up if you take it often. Max reccomendation is 1-2 times a year.

You can still only get it with a script here.So while I was in Holland I bought a packet if I needed it for an emergency. God Bless the Dutch.

Lucy Sky Diamonds
08-24-2006, 10:00 AM
11% isn't so tiny...

waltermcphilp
08-24-2006, 10:01 AM

why bother, just let the guy pull out and shoot his load on your face

KrazeeStacee
08-24-2006, 10:03 AM
delete. I guess that mean of me.

sppunk
I hope the stores around you stock up ...

JK!

Anyway, while I don't mind this move, it's too bad girls will use this instead of condoms/birth control pills like Brady mentions.

MonteLDS
what about diseases

KrazeeStacee
08-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Anyway, while I don't mind this move, it's too bad girls will use this instead of condoms/birth control pills like Brady mentions.
Some girls have anyway.

alexthestampede
08-24-2006, 10:06 AM
11% isn't so tiny...
it's misleading though. the pill doesn't work 11% of the time but when you couple that with the fact that just having normal sex a random time of the month has only like a 10% chance or something, your shot at becoming pregnant is only 1%

sppunk
08-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Well, yes, but this move will cause more to do so, which is a pretty bad thing I believe.

KrazeeStacee
08-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Well, yes, but this move will cause more to do so, which is a pretty bad thing I believe.
An exfriend of mine actually admitted to me, while I was going through my SECOND abortion, that she doesn't take her birth control and if she's worried - she just gets the morning after pill. That's definitely something to be admired for.

laradelocke
08-24-2006, 10:09 AM
I don't think there is any possible way you could do that to yourself more than in extreme emergencies. For me it made me feel sick for a whole day.

laradelocke
08-24-2006, 10:11 AM
An exfriend of mine actually admitted to me, while I was going through my SECOND abortion, that she doesn't take her birth control and if she's worried - she just gets the morning after pill. That's definitely something to be admired for.
You think after the first time you might HAVE A HEART STACEE OMG... IT'S A LIVING HUMAN BEING INSIDE YOU YOU HEARTLESS BITCH!

yes. :smoke:

sppunk
08-24-2006, 10:11 AM
That's pretty retarded of her.

Lucy Sky Diamonds
08-24-2006, 10:12 AM
I've taken it twice. The first time the pharmacist told me that the particular brand of antibiotics I was taking wouldn't interfere with my birth control, but when I consulted another pharmacist, I was told that it did interfere. The first pharmacist gave it to me for free. The second time the condom ripped. Woops.

I was dating a pharmacist for a while and he told me all kinds of stories about the women who would come in at 3 am to get it.

KrazeeStacee
08-24-2006, 10:14 AM
That's pretty retarded of her.
Isn't it? She sounds like a pretty dumb bitch doesn't she?

myosis
08-24-2006, 10:15 AM
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/june_5.htm

Pneumocystis Pneumonia --- Los Angeles

In the period October 1980-May 1981, 5 young men, all active homosexuals, were treated for biopsy-confirmed Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia at 3 different hospitals in Los Angeles, California. Two of the patients died. All 5 patients had laboratory-confirmed previous or current cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection and candidal mucosal infection. Case reports of these patients follow.

Patient 1: A previously healthy 33-year-old man developed P. carinii pneumonia and oral mucosal candidiasis in March 1981 after a 2-month history of fever associated with elevated liver enzymes, leukopenia, and CMV viruria. The serum complement-fixation CMV titer in October 1980 was 256; in may 1981 it was 32.* The patient's condition deteriorated despite courses of treatment with trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (TMP/SMX), pentamidine, and acyclovir. He died May 3, and postmortem examination showed residual P. carinii and CMV pneumonia, but no evidence of neoplasia.

Patient 2: A previously healthy 30-year-old man developed p. carinii pneumonia in April 1981 after a 5-month history of fever each day and of elevated liver-function tests, CMV viruria, and documented seroconversion to CMV, i.e., an acute-phase titer of 16 and a convalescent-phase titer of 28* in anticomplement immunofluorescence tests. Other features of his illness *******d leukopenia and mucosal candidiasis. His pneumonia responded to a course of intravenous TMP/.SMX, but, as of the latest reports, he continues to have a fever each day.

Patient 3: A 30-year-old man was well until January 1981 when he developed esophageal and oral candidiasis that responded to Amphotericin B treatment. He was hospitalized in February 1981 for P. carinii pneumonia that responded to TMP/SMX. His esophageal candidiasis recurred after the pneumonia was diagnosed, and he was again given Amphotericin B. The CMV complement-fixation titer in March 1981 was 8. Material from an esophageal biopsy was positive for CMV.

Patient 4: A 29-year-old man developed P. carinii pneumonia in February 1981. He had had Hodgkins disease 3 years earlier, but had been successfully treated with radiation therapy alone. He did not improve after being given intravenous TMP/SMX and corticosteroids and died in March. Postmortem examination showed no evidence of Hodgkins disease, but P. carinii and CMV were found in lung tissue.

Patient 5: A previously healthy 36-year-old man with clinically diagnosed CMV infection in September 1980 was seen in April 1981 because of a 4-month history of fever, dyspnea, and cough. On admission he was found to have P. carinii pneumonia, oral candidiasis, and CMV retinitis. A complement-fixation CMV titer in April 1981 was 128. The patient has been treated with 2 short courses of TMP/SMX that have been limited because of a sulfa-induced neutropenia. He is being treated for candidiasis with topical nystatin.

The diagnosis of Pneumocystis pneumonia was confirmed for all 5 patients antemortem by closed or open lung biopsy. The patients did not know each other and had no known common contacts or knowledge of sexual partners who had had similar illnesses. Two of the 5 reported having frequent homosexual contacts with various partners. All 5 reported using inhalant drugs, and 1 reported parenteral drug abuse. Three patients had profoundly depressed in vitro proliferative responses to mitogens and antigens. Lymphocyte studies were not performed on the other 2 patients.

KrazeeStacee
08-24-2006, 10:17 AM
You think after the first time you might HAVE A HEART STACEE OMG... IT'S A LIVING HUMAN BEING INSIDE YOU YOU HEARTLESS BITCH!
What can I say? They're pretty tasty with a little tabasco and lime.

laradelocke
08-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Lol. How did you end up getting preggers twice anyway? Just curious.

sppunk
08-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Isn't it? She sounds like a pretty dumb bitch doesn't she?
It's careless.

Of course, someone who has had two abortions shouldn't really chime in on birth control methods since you apparently missed that day in middle school.

Zerospaced
08-24-2006, 10:27 AM
What can I say? They're pretty tasty with a little tabasco and lime.

this post made me think of chicken wings... we have a place here that has about 50 different flavors

Elvis The Fat Years
08-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Lol. How did you end up getting preggers twice anyway? Just curious.

birds and bees flew up her alexthestampede.

myosis
08-24-2006, 10:31 AM
it's misleading though. the pill doesn't work 11% of the time but when you couple that with the fact that just having normal sex a random time of the month has only like a 10% chance or something, your shot at becoming pregnant is only 1%
i think your statistics are more misleading, alex

KrazeeStacee
08-24-2006, 10:38 AM
It's careless.

Of course, someone who has had two abortions shouldn't really chime in on birth control methods since you apparently missed that day in middle school.

Of course, because you know, since I never went through any of that crap.

Anyway my point is that dumb bitches shouldn't throw stones. :cheers:

KrazeeStacee
08-24-2006, 10:39 AM
birds and bees flew up her alexthestampede.
That sounds really painful :(

beef curtains
08-24-2006, 11:26 AM
I've taken Plan B. Its pretty much just like popping 4 of your regular birth control pills anyways.

Nimrod's Son
08-24-2006, 11:35 AM
When a woman takes the pills within 72 hours of unprotected sex, they can lower the risk of pregnancy by up to 89 percent. If she already is pregnant, the pills have no effect.

I'm going to market a competing drug that makes the same claims except mine will be made from candy.

beef curtains
08-24-2006, 11:35 AM
sell it at raves - those people will buy anything that's round!

Nimrod's Son
08-24-2006, 11:41 AM
sell it at raves - those people will buy anything that's round!
no it is supposed to be used AFTER sex

Effloresce
08-24-2006, 11:53 AM
what about std's

Elvis The Fat Years
08-24-2006, 12:36 PM
if you get knocked up just do some drugs, drink and become a chain smoker. then the little shit will come out retarded and you can fuck it and use it as a basketball.

beef curtains
08-24-2006, 12:56 PM
no it is supposed to be used AFTER sex

i've seen people having sex at raves ...

beef curtains
08-24-2006, 12:56 PM
if you get knocked up just do some drugs, drink and become a chain smoker. then the little shit will come out retarded and you can fuck it and use it as a basketball.

*takes notes*

waltermcphilp
08-24-2006, 12:57 PM
what about std's

no such things, they are a myth

Effloresce
08-24-2006, 01:05 PM
lol

wHATcOLOR
08-24-2006, 01:59 PM
my friends and i made up a great stat about unprotected sex. let's say scenario A is heterosexual unprotected sex where only the male is HIV positive. Scenario B is heterosexual unprotected sex where only the female is HIV positive. HIV transmission is 400 times more likely to occur in scenario A. FUCK ON FELLAS!!!

Lucy Sky Diamonds
08-25-2006, 01:33 AM
I've taken Plan B. Its pretty much just like popping 4 of your regular birth control pills anyways.

And now you're all pregnant, yo. But that's cool, cause you actually want to be.
If I was pregnant right now it would be a miracle.

Shapan
08-25-2006, 02:09 AM
this guy invited one of my best friends to hang out with him after he got accepted as a transfer into usc. so she went and they had a couple of drinks. she didnt think anything of it because shes known this guy since they were kids and thought of him like a brother. they both drank, she had one too many.

she woke up the next day and she was naked in his bed. the dude said it was with her consent. she said she didnt remember any of it. she took the morning after pill. she was scarred from it, but with support from us she got a little better. i had no idea how she felt and the pain she must've gone through.

2 weeks later she found out she was pregnant. she took 2 tests and 2 doctors confirmed it. they just told her that the morning after pill didnt work. now she has to wait 2 weeks for it to be 100% confirmed so she can have an abortion. school starts next week.

the only reason this fuckbag is still alive is because shes doesnt want any of us to beat the living shit out of him. hes a piece of fucking scum. she feels like she was raped because this asshole took complete advantage of her when she felt like she could trust someone she knew all her life, and the guy hardly even cares that shes pregnant. just calls her a slut and shit even though thats complete bullshit.

thinking about it just pisses the shit out of me.

redbull
08-25-2006, 02:18 AM
wrong thread

Future Boy
08-25-2006, 02:27 AM
this guy invited one of my best friends to hang out with him after he got accepted as a transfer into usc. so she went and they had a couple of drinks. she didnt think anything of it because shes known this guy since they were kids and thought of him like a brother. they both drank, she had one too many.

she woke up the next day and she was naked in his bed. the dude said it was with her consent. she said she didnt remember any of it. she took the morning after pill. she was scarred from it, but with support from us she got a little better. i had no idea how she felt and the pain she must've gone through.

2 weeks later she found out she was pregnant. she took 2 tests and 2 doctors confirmed it. they just told her that the morning after pill didnt work. now she has to wait 2 weeks for it to be 100% confirmed so she can have an abortion. school starts next week.

the only reason this fuckbag is still alive is because shes doesnt want any of us to beat the living shit out of him. hes a piece of fucking scum. she feels like she was raped because this asshole took complete advantage of her when she felt like she could trust someone she knew all her life, and the guy hardly even cares that shes pregnant. just calls her a slut and shit even though thats complete bullshit.

She got really drunk and fucked someone. Thats not called rape, its called stupidity.

Shapan
08-25-2006, 02:32 AM
i really wish she wouldnt have drank, but im just really upset at this guy because ive known him all through high school. hes been at parties with us and he's seemed like a good guy who was there for her. i wouldnt think he'd take advantage of a situation where a girl's drunk, especially her because i thought he always had her back.

barden
08-25-2006, 02:36 AM
hmm

Future Boy
08-25-2006, 02:53 AM
i wouldnt think he'd take advantage of a situation where a girl's drunk, especially her because i thought he always had her back.

So why exactly are you taking her word for it then? He seems to be acting like a dick, but hes probably being called a rapist, which might have something to do with it.

tear stained glass
08-25-2006, 03:00 AM
this guy invited one of my best friends to hang out with him after he got accepted as a transfer into usc.i'd just like to remind everyone that he's going to 'sc.

Shapan
08-25-2006, 03:07 AM
So why exactly are you taking her word for it then? He seems to be acting like a dick, but hes probably being called a rapist, which might have something to do with it.

well, she's had to do all of this stuff with finding the results of the pregnancy and double-checking by herself. shes had enough problems finding doctors because of her insurance. she'll have problems paying for all of the fees for the abortion stuff because, well, she's not made of money. the dude's parents are both doctors. but he cant tell them about her because hes arranged and if they find out hes had sex they'll be pissed off at him.

granted she is one of my best friends and he isnt, but he hasnt shown his support at all for her.

Future Boy
08-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Ok, so he didnt rape her, thats cool, Ill see ya later.

Shapan
08-25-2006, 03:13 AM
ill get you future boy!!!!1111

the
08-25-2006, 04:57 AM
ntz

laradelocke
08-25-2006, 05:13 AM

More than likely your friend was already pregnant. MAP has a pretty high success rate and the only things that interfere with it working are certain types of meds.. oh and already being up the duff! I suspect your friend made up that story, or did sleep with him to save face/have someone to blame. It just seems a bit cooincidental thats all.

laradelocke
08-25-2006, 05:18 AM
this guy invited one of my best friends to hang out with him after he got accepted as a transfer into usc.

...................raped because this asshole took complete advantage of her when she felt like she could trust someone she knew all her life, and the guy hardly even cares that shes pregnant. just calls her a slut and shit even though thats complete bullshit.

You make out she knew him 5 minutes. Dumb.

barden
08-25-2006, 05:21 AM
my friends and i made up a great stat about unprotected sex. let's say scenario A is heterosexual unprotected sex where only the male is HIV positive. Scenario B is heterosexual unprotected sex where only the female is HIV positive. HIV transmission is 400 times more likely to occur in scenario A. FUCK ON FELLAS!!!

It's cause the vagina is much more susceptible.
Women get AIDS easier then guys.

laradelocke
08-25-2006, 05:25 AM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/498/teamamerica1fb.jpg

barden
08-25-2006, 05:27 AM

Haha, you should take some tips before number 3!

barden
08-25-2006, 05:30 AM
I love it, Kristin dates one guy for months and months, is loyal and loving of her lad, and yet the whore whose had two abortions will still call her a slut.
Heh.

barden
08-25-2006, 05:34 AM
Anyway my point is that dumb bitches shouldn't throw stones. :cheers:

ha!

the
08-25-2006, 05:42 AM
I love it, Kristin dates one guy for months and months, is loyal and loving of her lad, and yet the whore whose had two abortions will still call her a slut.
Heh.
there are many kinds of sluts and whores.
:mad:

the
08-25-2006, 05:43 AM
WHERE IS THE LOVE

The Jesus
08-25-2006, 07:02 AM
my SECOND abortion

Get spayed.

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 09:14 AM

Why does she have to wait two weeks if she took two tests and they said she was pregnant? That's 100% right there...she shouldn't wait at all. She should go to the clinic and find out about a medical abortion - because if she goes in the first few weeks then she can take a pill and have the abortion at home instead of having to go through surgery if she waits. Trust me, she'll be a lot worse off if she waits at all.

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Heh.
What are you talking about? When was I talking about Kristin? What, does she take the morning after pill as birth control as well?

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Get spayed.
I would if I could.

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Haha, you should take some tips before number 3!

This makes no sense either - do you just come into threads about birth control to reply to every one of my posts with some nonsense about abortions and sluttalk?

laradelocke
08-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Hey Krazee netphoria says your box is full!

jczeroman
08-25-2006, 09:47 AM

Kill those babies!

waltermcphilp
08-25-2006, 09:56 AM
babies are ruining everyones good time

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey Krazee netphoria says your box is full!
Ugh...I swear I deleted stuff yesterday. Anyway it should be alright now.

My box is always full :o

Debaser
08-25-2006, 10:30 AM
never kill a baby.
Kill those babies!

:dammit:
It is absolutely painful the ignorance and misconceptions people carry about the morning after pill. It is a contraceptive (meaning: preventative), not an abortifacient.
Like nimrod pointed out already from the article in the very first post that almost nobody read, if you're already pregnant (meaning the sperm fertilized the egg that very night of the sex) then the pill doesn't do anything. The pill works by preventing fertilization by the sperm that is hanging out inside her for 72 hours after sex waiting for an egg to come out...

ammy
08-25-2006, 10:33 AM
uh, actually, i was under the impression that it simply prevented the egg from implanting itself into the uterine lining - thus, if the egg is fertilized and simply not well anchored yet, the egg will be "aborted"

Debaser
08-25-2006, 10:54 AM
uh, actually, i was under the impression that it simply prevented the egg from implanting itself into the uterine lining - thus, if the egg is fertilized and simply not well anchored yet, the egg will be "aborted"

Thats not necessarily true. Most medical experts disagree with you.

wiki. grain of salt.meh.

Controversy over post-fertilization effects of EC

Different drugs also have variant effects, as they may use different mechanism for action, and dosages of hormone. In May of 2005, a study was published showing that Plan B "appears to work by interfering with ovulation, thus preventing fertilization, and not by disrupting events that occur after fertilization." [21]

In addition, manufacturers of oral contraceptives have long claimed that the Pill provides three lines of defense against pregnancy: it prevents ovulation (most of the time), blocks sperm by thickening cervical mucus, and, should all else fail, theoretically reduces the chances that a fertilized egg will implant in the uterus by hormonally altering the uterine lining.

However, it is not known if this post-fertilization effect actually happens. "There is no evidence that the Pill's effect on the uterine lining interferes with implantation or has a post-fertilization effect," says contraception expert Felicia Stewart, MD, codirector of the Center for Reproductive Health Research and Policy in San Francisco. "Documenting it would be a very difficult research task."

David Grimes, MD, a clinical professor in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, says the Pill and other hormonal contraceptives work primarily by preventing ovulation.

Consensus comes from a surprising source. "The post-fertilization effect was purely a speculation that became truth by repetition," says Joe DeCook, MD, a retired OB/GYN and vice president of the American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists. "In our group the feelings are split. We say it should be each doctor's own decision, because there is no proof."

Whether post-fertilization effects would make EC an abortifacient is debated, due to the beginning of pregnancy controversy. Under the standard medical definition of pregnancy starting from implantation, EC is a contraceptive and never an abortifaciant. However, if pregnancy were considered as beginning at fertilization, then EC might sometimes act as an abortifacient.

sources and footnotes can be attained from the original article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_contraception#Controversy_over_post-fertilization_effects_of_EC) .

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 11:03 AM

From my understanding, the medical abortion pill - RU486 is basically a much stronger dose of emergency contraception.

EC is supposed to prevent the egg from being fertilized, or prevent ovulation all together. I think it's still undecided yet whether or not this low dosage can affect the lining of the uterus so much that it would affect implantation.

But RU486 is such a high dosage of hormones that not only can it prevent the egg from implantation, it can also cause the already implanted embryo to fall off (induced miscarriage). And that's technically an abortion.

Pretty much I think people don't want to say that EC *CAN*, in some cases, work as an abortion pill. It's all the same hormones, it affects the same things, except it really matters about your timing and your body. RU486 is just such a large dosage that it guarantees that nothing can survive in your uterus.

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Well, I shouldn't say it guarantees it...it can and sometimes does fail. In that case the woman has to have a surgical abortion.

mistle
08-25-2006, 11:23 AM
who fucking cares

Debaser
08-25-2006, 11:45 AM
ru-486 =/= plan b

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 11:49 AM
I didn't say that did I?

Debaser
08-25-2006, 11:55 AM
I didn't say that did I?
nah you didn't

Debaser
08-25-2006, 11:56 AM
then again i don't subscribe to the theory that life begins at conception so its moot for me, personally.

Orenthal James
08-25-2006, 12:01 PM
you should only have sex with the intent of procreation

Debaser
08-25-2006, 12:02 PM
everything is solved. thread over.

wHATcOLOR
08-25-2006, 12:03 PM
the only reason this fuckbag is still alive is because shes doesnt want any of us to beat the living shit out of him.

that's some pretty tough talking, shapan

Orenthal James
08-25-2006, 12:03 PM
dont fuck with him, j. he will bring the pain

Orenthal James
08-25-2006, 12:04 PM
everything is solved. thread over.
its what i do

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 03:40 PM
then again i don't subscribe to the theory that life begins at conception so its moot for me, personally.
But how could you? That human can grow up to find the cure for cancer!!

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 03:46 PM
This website scares me

www.morningafterpill.org

Under "Emergency Contraception: The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth"

The times, they are semantically-challenging. No Wonderland this, but the Mad Hatter would feel right at home in a place where sundry meanings are ascribed to simple words. For decades abortion supporters have so honed the art of equivocation that one needs specialized training (preferably legal, but at least grammatical) to decode the hidden meanings in everyday terms.

Sometimes the sleight-of-tongue is as simple as substituting product of conception for preborn child, or employing choice instead of abortion. A word like abortion is, after all, a wellspring of negative connotations, and it takes a certain genius to neutralize such unpleasantness. Choice served brilliantly in the public debate until publicity surrounding partial-birth abortion connected the dots for many Americans, and choice began to look disturbingly like killing a real baby.

Recently, another euphemism for abortion has proved remarkably versatile: pregnancy termination. Like choice, "termination of pregnancy" deflects attention away from the target of abortion and toward the mother's will or condition, urging us to "Pay no attention to that baby behind the placenta!" Forget the new, unique, miraculous human being who might grow up to find a cure for cancer or break home run records or write achingly beautiful poetry—or just be a joyful child who loves his parents beyond all merit. No, let's just think about the pregnancy — having to endure moodiness, weight gain, and nausea while playing host to a rapidly growing parasite. Thus considered, abortion—as a way to terminate a pregnancy — is not such a frightful thing. After all, "terminating a pregnancy" is what a live birth does, too!

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Verbal manipulation is a powerful yet subtle tool often used to hide ugly truths. Ruthless people in every age have used verbal chicanery and faulty logic to obscure the evil they've done -- our age, of course, being no exception. The abortion rights lobby is certainly no stranger to verbal sleight of hand; in fact, it has developed a truly magnificent magic trick! It has made abortions disappear -- not by stopping the killing, of course -- but with a slight manipulation of a few key words. Abortion rights forces hope against hope that if they stop using the word ``abortion, '' the public will think that abortions are no longer happening. And then abortion opponents will go away, right?
<err>

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 03:55 PM
How creepy...really these people creep me out :erm:

"The Best Kept (ugly little) Secret in America"
by David C. Reardon, Ph.D.

It is being promoted as the "best kept secret in America."

One might expect such hyperbole from the manufacturer, which has committed 30 million dollars to promoting this product. But when the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which is normally a regulatory agency, not a public relations firm, jumps into promoting a new drug, it's time for America to wake up. Either this is really great news . . . or . . . it is another attempt to manipulate the American people for the purposes of advancing the government's population control efforts. (Can you guess which of these two opinions I ascribe to?)

So what is the "best kept secret in America?" That high-dosage estrogen and progestin birth control pills can be taken in concentration, within 72 hours after "unprotected intercourse," to "prevent unwanted pregnancy."

How does it work? In short, either (1) not at all (in which case it was unnecessary, but women think it worked) or (2) by causing an abortion.

For a more complete understanding of the "morning after pill," we need to understand how birth control pills work in general. In essence, the Pill is a dose of hormones that overpowers a woman's normal hormonal cycle in such a way that her reproductive system malfunctions.

Essentially, the Pill is intended to make a woman sick. The medical goal, of course, is to limit the chemically-induced illness to just the reproductive system. In practice, however, it is hard to limit the effects on the rest of the woman's body, which is precisely why the Pill has so many side effects.

As a birth control agent, the Pill has three modes of operation: (1) it may suppress ovulation, (2) it may thicken the cervical mucous to block sperm passage, and/or (3) it may cause an abortion by making the uterine lining hostile to implantation.

The original high-dose birth control pills had high rates of suppressing ovulation, but in an effort to reduce unwanted side-effects, manufacturers have reduced the dosage levels. As a result, the newer "low-dose" birth control pills are less effective at suppressing ovulation and more dependent on mode of operation number three: abortion by blockage of implantation. The "morning after pill" is a continuation of the trend toward more "birth control" through drug-induced abortion.

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 03:59 PM
http://afterabortion.info/maintest.html

These people are the reason girls fucking flip out after an abortion. Shock therapy?

Okay I'm going to stop posting about this because it's making me mad.

Mooney
08-25-2006, 04:10 PM
my mom says never to believe it when you say you're on the pill.

Boner
08-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Deylene needs to take some of those after last night's session.

KrazeeStacee
08-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Why, is she a dumb whore slut cunt too?

Nimrod's Son
08-25-2006, 05:13 PM

hahaha, what a raging slut

and you feel bad for her so it sounds like you have a crush on a whore

alexthestampede
08-25-2006, 05:27 PM
did you ever have a sister, nimrod, did you???

Shapan
08-25-2006, 06:06 PM
hahaha, what a raging slut

and you feel bad for her so it sounds like you have a crush on a whore

wow.

pink_ribbon_scars
08-25-2006, 06:14 PM
i think it's a good idea to make it available over the counter. i think i took it twice, but i'm trying to figure out why i needed to take it the second time. the first time, the doctor was nice to me, but the second time, a different doctor gave me the how-to about how i should not rely upon it as a form of birth control. in hind sight, she may have been right -- i haven't always been the smartest about decisions to have sex, but man, i don't think it is really her place to be rude to a patient. eh, maybe it is her place to tell me... those incidents must have been years apart. i wish i could figure out the events surrounding the second time. my mind has gone all to hell.

anyway, i fully support being able to get it over-the-counter. except maybe women who need to be STD tested won't have it reccommended to them if they don't see a doctor... i dunno, pharmacists can be pretty awesome.

bardy
08-25-2006, 06:16 PM
its okay when I asked my doctor for birth control he gave me a half an hour lecture about how I shouldnt have sex until I'm married

Nimrod's Son
08-25-2006, 06:40 PM
did you ever have a sister, nimrod, did you???
still do

Lucy Sky Diamonds
08-25-2006, 06:47 PM
its okay when I asked my doctor for birth control he gave me a half an hour lecture about how I shouldnt have sex until I'm married

My doctor gave me that too. :noway:

sppunk
08-26-2006, 10:26 PM
My wife and I took advantage of this several times today.

Tomorrow before church we'll stop by CVS and be good to go.

Fattening Ass
08-26-2006, 10:55 PM
rollseyes

jared
08-26-2006, 10:58 PM
freepressCOMMIES goes to church?

kristin xp
08-29-2006, 11:23 AM
the morning after pill can be used as a form of birthcontrol for people like brady and lucy sky diamonds who have made obvious posts that they aren't sleeping with anyone regularly.

ortho/seasonale/the shot/the patch, whatever are for people getting laid frequently without wanting icky babies growing inside them!

alcohol/speed balls/abortions are for people who maybe thought they had their birthcontrol under wraps, and accidents happened.

i think it's better to not exist than to exist and be a child in the adoption system in america. if you're a young black child in the system you're pretty much going to grow up in foster care without any stable home whatsoever. the economy/state funding/and plenty of other things would be better off without more low income families being produced, and studies show that the percentage of people making it out of the ghetto are slim to NONE (unless you can rap or play basketball), and even more studies and census(censuses?) PROVE that low income families have the most unwanted and unplanned pregnancies.

that said, i'm going to keep supporting abortion rights. women cannot be told by a law maker or anyone else for that matter what they can and can't do with their bodies or anything inside of them.

KrazeeStacee
08-29-2006, 11:52 AM
But those kids in foster care could grow up to cure cancer!

myosis
08-29-2006, 12:03 PM
or they could grow up to get AIDS because their parents never taught them about sexually transmitted diseases

KrazeeStacee
08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Or they could grow up to be the next unibomber.

KrazeeStacee
08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
This just reminded me of those old commercials "nobody ever says I wanna be a junkie when I grow up"

KrazeeStacee
08-29-2006, 01:53 PM
BUT THEY COULD CURE CANCER GUYS!

Elvis The Fat Years
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
one of them could grow up to be the next kritsin xp, so i say kill them all.

kristin xp
08-29-2006, 04:39 PM
says the guy who drinks every night alone in his basement

redbull
08-29-2006, 05:04 PM
or they could save some puppies

KrazeeStacee
08-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Or they could abuse animals!

East Rocket
08-29-2006, 06:00 PM
This just reminded me of those old commercials "nobody ever says I wanna be a junkie when I grow up"
I love those old anti-drug commercials from the late 80's/early 90's.

Lucy Sky Diamonds
08-29-2006, 08:50 PM
the morning after pill can be used as a form of birthcontrol for people like brady and lucy sky diamonds who have made obvious posts that they aren't sleeping with anyone regularly.

Both times were in the context of a five year relationship.

kristin xp
08-29-2006, 11:17 PM
excuse me for not keeping up with your sex life missy.
good luck finding another one though :-D

alexthestampede
08-29-2006, 11:21 PM
i find the abortion debate too tiresome to even hold a position anymore. entanglements with girls are much more destructive than those with other men, anyway. like in brideshead

bardy
08-29-2006, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't ever be able to have an abortion due to my half sister, but I am not against other women having them. and thats all the opinion I have on the subject

Luke de Spa
08-29-2006, 11:28 PM
like in brideshead
hahaha, awesome. out of nowhere