View Full Version : what a bitch

wHATcOLOR
07-19-2006, 11:55 PM
i'm still at work, and i just went out to grab some food. i was at taco bell. cashier coughed near the cups, wiped his nose with his hand, kept working. i'm not particularly ok with that, but what can you do. when i ordered i said "3 soft tacos, extra cheese, no lettuce, add tomatos." (by default, it will have lettuce and a little cheese, no tomatos)

so the guy goes, 3 tacos extra tomatos and cheese. which would have been fine, i suppose, but it didn't seem to articulate that the lettuce was to be skipped and only one serving of tomatos was to be added, not 'extra'. i said "extra cheese, no lettuce, and add tomatos, right?" the dude was like, "that's what i said" whatever, no big deal..

but when this lady calls my number she is fucking GLARING at me, daggers out. it looked like she wanted to attack. i held her gaze and kept looking right back into her eyes, it was this intense stare down that must have lasted 6 seconds, i moved extra slowly. count to six, it's pretty long! but once i had my stuff in my hands, i turned and left. i wish i could give you a better description of how she was looking at me. pure hatred, it was so aggressive. what a fucking bitch.

wHATcOLOR
07-19-2006, 11:56 PM
if there's spit in this, i'm gonna make it my mission to punish this poor excuse for a service industry employee. and all i mean to imply by saying 'service industry employee' is that there is an understanding you will be interacting with people if you have such a job. therefore, it's probably best to be sociable instead of primitive and unprofessional.

FearFactory
07-19-2006, 11:58 PM
if there is spit in it, go back and get a cup of soda everyday and just dump it out on a table. repeat to your heart's content.

wHATcOLOR
07-20-2006, 12:00 AM
i imagine they'd call the police if it happened more than twice. and given that i work a few blocks away, im not looking to get arrested. so two times shall be my max, should i discover any spit. first one is clean.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:02 AM
I think it's kind of funny that you're worrying about spit when you're eating at taco bell.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:03 AM
and they wouldn't call the cops if they never saw you do it. now what would be really cool is if you filled the soda up and threw the cup at the bitch the next time you saw her.

wHATcOLOR
07-20-2006, 12:04 AM
i think it's kind of funny that you always type in a color other than the default. do you enjoy specifying COLOR=Teal each time you post?

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:06 AM
yeah, since it helps me find my replies in a thread. do you enjoy going with the flow and having the same white text as practically everyone else?

Quiet CD
07-20-2006, 12:06 AM
fast food, if it doesnt kill you then one of the people who serves it to you will

wHATcOLOR
07-20-2006, 12:07 AM
i neither enjoy nor not enjoy it, i'm indifferent about it. i will say that i prefer it to the alternative of specifying a color every single time

benjamin619
07-20-2006, 12:15 AM
its fast food, man. relax, untie the tie. service is always bad, and you never get exactly what you want, or exactly what's in the picture, but you get surprised and sometimes its worthwhile. having any positive expectation of a fast-food employee is too much.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:17 AM
i neither enjoy nor not enjoy it, i'm indifferent about it. i will say that i prefer it to the alternative of specifying a color every single time

oh yeah? why don't you capitalize any letters in your sentences? huh? huh?

benjamin619
07-20-2006, 12:19 AM
lower case 'i' denotes low self-esteem.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:20 AM
huh. you think that's the case, Ben?

Karl Connor
07-20-2006, 12:21 AM
i had a horrendous experience at Quizno's the other day. i'd go into detail but i'm in the middle of something ... i'm usually not a stickler for customer quality because i know its super tough keeping things running smoothly at a fast-food chain, ... but DAMN these people were just asking for a district manager to close them out. i mean it was just ridiculous

sidenote: ugh it took me 5 fucking clicks to get to this thread. i'd really hate to bitch about this sort of thing but can something be done aobut the server. i mean, like, anything? .... really pissing me off. i've donated a bit and have a right to bitch

Argh
07-20-2006, 12:21 AM
and they wouldn't call the cops if they never saw you do it. now what would be really cool is if you filled the soda up and threw the cup at the bitch the next time you saw her.

that's assult brotha

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:22 AM
that's assult brotha

so fucking what? you spit in someone's food, you deserve to get your head dunked in a fryer.

wHATcOLOR
07-20-2006, 12:24 AM
lower case 'i' denotes low self-esteem.

i think upper case seems self-important

benjamin619
I do think that is the case.

for some people, anything less than self-importance would be masochistic.

wHATcOLOR
oh yeah? why don't you capitalize any letters in your sentences? huh? huh?

im not trying to stylize at all, im just trying to get the words across without spending extra time

wHATcOLOR
07-20-2006, 12:25 AM
its fast food, man. relax, untie the tie. service is always bad, and you never get exactly what you want, or exactly what's in the picture, but you get surprised and sometimes its worthwhile. having any positive expectation of a fast-food employee is too much.

its just the level of aggression taht i can't understand. the little mixup with the cashier was provided just to give some context and insight into what may have caused the whole thing. i don't know what else could have caused it. that part of it didn't bother me.

benjamin619
07-20-2006, 12:27 AM
you should write a complaint to the company. they might send you coupons.

wHATcOLOR
07-20-2006, 12:27 AM
i think making this thread is about as far as im gonna take it

Quiet CD
07-20-2006, 12:29 AM
you should write a complaint to the company. they might send you coupons.

specify which location and name of the employee, when they were working (their position, or what you could tell they were in charge of doing)... take it into your own hands.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:29 AM
its just the level of aggression taht i can't understand. the little mixup with the cashier was provided just to give some context and insight into what may have caused the whole thing. i don't know what else could have caused it. that part of it didn't bother me.

maybe she was tweeking.

benjamin619
07-20-2006, 12:34 AM
once, at Jack in the Box, the register-clerk was giving everyone change in quarters unless they paid exact-to-the-dollar. he said it was because he was out of 5's and 1's.

but then when I paid he opened the register, and I saw a stack of 5's and a stack of 1's. I called him on it. I said, "You've got ones right there! Hey everybody - this guy has a whole stack of ones!" He told me he was saving them...

eventually, he gave me my change in ones, except for the 60 odd cents ... he gave me that in nickels - just to be a bitch. Because I know he had quarters, he was giving them out like candy.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:41 AM
which JITB was it?

wHATcOLOR
07-20-2006, 12:42 AM
the one over there <points>

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:43 AM
my dick's still in my pants, so I'm not addressing you, J.

benjamin619
07-20-2006, 12:46 AM
back in san diego, it was on rosecrans. down toward shelter island. the guy had a mustache. i think he was actually the manager.

Mayfuck
07-20-2006, 12:48 AM
wah wah wah i got bad service at taco bell. so what? i sure wish i had your problems you big fucking crybaby.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:48 AM
huh. how long ago was it? that sounds like something this dude Chris would pull on people, and I think that was the store he was managing.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:49 AM
wah wah wah i got bad service at taco bell. so what? i sure wish i had your problems you big fucking crybaby.

well then why don't you share your problems with the board and then everyone can feel sorry for you?

Fattening Ass
once, at Jack in the Box, the register-clerk was giving everyone change in quarters unless they paid exact-to-the-dollar. he said it was because he was out of 5's and 1's.

but then when I paid he opened the register, and I saw a stack of 5's and a stack of 1's. I called him on it. I said, "You've got ones right there! Hey everybody - this guy has a whole stack of ones!" He told me he was saving them...

eventually, he gave me my change in ones, except for the 60 odd cents ... he gave me that in nickels - just to be a bitch. Because I know he had quarters, he was giving them out like candy.

Obviously this guy was being an asshole for giving nickels, but he is the person giving change back, not you. Did you bother asking why he gave change when you noticed the bills? This guy could have had a valid reason for doing what he did.

benjamin619
oh - it was awhile ago. it must have been a year and a half or more. i just brought it up because i thought it was funny. if you know the guy - break his face for me.

benjamin619
07-20-2006, 12:50 AM
I did ask. he said, "It's all I have for the rest of the night, I'm saving it." and I said, "Saving it for what?!" and that's when he gave in.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 12:50 AM
well, that might have been him. I know he became store manager and stopped working the registers at some point. I don't actually know him, he's the friend of a friend.

Junebug
07-20-2006, 12:53 AM
what's so wrong with having (high) expectations for fast-food employees? Lots of people have crappy jobs and deal with it in ways besides taking it out on the customer.

I could go for some whataburger right now. they're very liberal with their ketchup-giving. you don't even have to ask for it and they put three big packets in your bag!

I think it's kind of funny that you're worrying about spit when you're eating at taco bell.

this too.

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 12:53 AM
I did ask. he said, "It's all I have for the rest of the night, I'm saving it." and I said, "Saving it for what?!" and that's when he gave in.

Have you ever worked in retail at all? Banks are not open 24/7, they might not have had sufficient change in their register to give you the ideal currency back. Money is money.

benjamin619
07-20-2006, 12:57 AM
yes, i have worked a cash register.

Money is money.

good point. i dont see a difference between running out of small bills now and running out later, either. like you said: someone is going to get quarters, why go into coins early.

wHATcOLOR
07-20-2006, 12:57 AM
how does "money is money" work as an arguement for you here fattening ass

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 12:58 AM
what's so wrong with having (high) expectations for fast-food employees? Lots of people have crappy jobs and deal with it in ways besides taking it out on the customer.

I could go for some whataburger right now. they're very liberal with their ketchup-giving. you don't even have to ask for it and they put three big packets in your bag!

this too.

There is nothing wrong with having (high) expectations, but anyone who services anyone else is hardly ever considered to be a human being like the person purchasing the items. This is a touchy subject, because no one should take out their frustrations on the customer, even if the customer was extremly picky about saying 'extra' tomatoes instead of 'add' tomatoes when the fucking thing has none to begin with.

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 12:59 AM
how does "money is money" work as an arguement for you here fattening ass

if your change is $1.75 and the guy gives you that change in coins, he's done his job.

benjamin619
07-20-2006, 01:00 AM
by taking out frustrations on the customers, the employee is effectively taking out his frustrations on the manager, and the particular location.

this is an off night for you.

benjamin619
if your change is $1.75 and the guy gives you that change in coins, he's done his job.

he didnt have to lie about it. "Im all out of ones!"

Fattening Ass
by taking out frustrations on the customers, the employee is effectively taking out his frustrations on the manager, and the particular location.

lol.

wHATcOLOR
07-20-2006, 01:01 AM
even if the customer was extremly picky about saying 'extra' tomatoes instead on add tomatoes when the fucking thing has none to begin with.

you missed the part about the lettuce. and i phrased it as a question to the guy. and that isn't the part of the interaction that was the problem. and you suck balls.

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 01:02 AM
he didnt have to lie about it. "Im all out of ones!"

and you're right. He did not.

He should have said "Im sorry, but im low on ones. I will be giving your change in coins. Sorry for the inconvenience".

benjamin619
07-20-2006, 01:02 AM
it's true! a lot of people do a shitty job to hurt the company they work for. it may not be a good decision, but it happens.

and you're right. He did not.

He should have said "Im sorry, but im low on ones. I will be giving your change in coins. Sorry for the inconvenience".

I would have respected that.

wHATcOLOR
07-20-2006, 01:04 AM

bro, that's not at all what i'm asking you. you said "money is money" in the context benjamin shouldn't worry about getting change one way or the other. if "money is money", and that is your arguement, then on what what grounds is the store justified being preferential to one vs. the other, against the customer's wishes? money is money, as you said, right?

benjamin619
07-20-2006, 01:06 AM
seriously ... what reason is there to save them? are they close personal friends ...

Ol' Couch Ass
07-20-2006, 01:06 AM
When it comes to low wage register monkeys, you'd be amazed how much power you can yield. One scathing e-mail to company higher-ups can often be the straw the breaks the camel's back resulting in someone being fired. Granted, if they are employee of the month you are shit out of luck. But, chances are the Starey McStaresalot has had problems in the past. In your e-mail be specific and non-flamey and make it really clear that won't be dining at the establishment again until they have rectified the situation.

At the very worst, they will probably send you some coupons you can use at another taco bell.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 01:09 AM
so if "money is money", he could have just handed someone 175 pennies in change and that would be okay? Ben's right. you give out the change in the smallest amount of bills/coins possible. if he was that low on 1's and 5's, he should have asked the manager to make change for him.

Junebug
07-20-2006, 01:09 AM
There is nothing wrong with having (high) expectations, but anyone who services anyone else is hardly ever considered to be a human being like the person purchasing the items.

I disagree. I've worked in the retail/service industry about three years, and haven't had any problems. Of course there's the random witch/snob/jerk who thinks they're special, but I never felt degraded while doing my job. Then again I never worked in fast food, maybe it's different.

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 01:10 AM
you missed the part about the lettuce. and i phrased it as a question to the guy. and that isn't the part of the interaction that was the problem. and you suck balls.

So he missed the " no lettuce " then but still got the other part right, albeit he didn't say 'add' but he probably knew what you meant. Rather than say "no lettuce, right?" , speaking to him as a person, you decided to get on a high horse and pose it as a question including parts of your request that are already understood. I already can imagine the interaction, mr douche.

You probably could have had a decent experience had you actually went about your request in another manner but because you're probably a douche, you didn't.

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 01:12 AM
I disagree. I've worked in the retail/service industry about three years, and haven't had any problems. Of course there's the random witch/snob/jerk who thinks they're special, but I never felt degraded while doing my job. Then again I never worked in fast food, maybe it's different.I probably am exaggerating slightly, but it does happen. It also depends on what type of retail you're involved in. Retail is generally different depending on the amount of service needed to fullfill a customers need.

Ol' Couch Ass
07-20-2006, 01:14 AM
You could have always Rod Favra'd the damn burger punk.

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 01:17 AM
bro, that's not at all what i'm asking you. you said "money is money" in the context benjamin shouldn't worry about getting change one way or the other. if "money is money", and that is your arguement, then on what what grounds is the store justified being preferential to one vs. the other, against the customer's wishes? money is money, as you said, right?

Don't call me bro.

Have you ever worked in retail? My point is moreso that he gave you your change back.

barden
07-20-2006, 01:19 AM
and they wouldn't call the cops if they never saw you do it.

If they didn’t see it, what would the point be?

I mean, why not just drink it then?

Or is it just as cool to be a rebel at heart?

Fattening Ass
so if "money is money", he could have just handed someone 175 pennies in change and that would be okay? Ben's right. you give out the change in the smallest amount of bills/coins possible. if he was that low on 1's and 5's, he should have asked the manager to make change for him.

You always want to give the least amount of coins back, but in some circumstances you may not be able to. Asking for change is what the guy could have done, but how do you know this guy hasn't already done so?

benjamin619
and if he doesn't it becomes a misdemeanor ... so he must.

Ol' Couch Ass
I'm going with BWHH on this. To hell with getting a bunch of quarters if there are clearly bills in the register. Screw the whole "saving them for later." Are these future customers somehow better than me? Why the hell should I have to deal with a weighted down pocket just because some jackass didn't budget his bills correctly.

benjamin619
07-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Fat Ass, the only leg you've got to stand on is the argument you havent even made yet: that it's easier to pay drive-thru customers in bills, than it is to pay them in quarters, so that ease gets priority. other than that, no. just simply, no. stop now.

Orenthal James
07-20-2006, 01:22 AM
If i have three singles in my drawer, but plenty of quarters, then i will not hesitate to give back two singles and eight quarters.

However, if i only have a few quarters and would have to rely on dimes or nickels for a significant amount of change, then i will give three singles.

It probably doesnt happen a lot in Taco Bell, but bill become a precious commoditiy when the first customer of the day uses a $100 Traveler's Cheque to buy a magazine.

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm going with BWHH on this. To hell with getting a bunch of quarters if there are clearly bills in the register. Screw the whole "saving them for later." Are these future customers somehow better than me? Why the hell should I have to deal with a weighted down pocket just because some jackass didn't budget his bills correctly.

There are various reasons that could determine why a cashier would choose a certain amount of cash/coins to return to a customer depending on the change back, its generally circumstantial. I highly doubt every single situation that involves getting alot of coins back is because the cashier thinks lower of a person than another. Thats not to say that some people might just be assholes. There are assholes everywhere. If you don't want the change, then you bitch to the cashier and get your way if its possible.

Luke de Spa
07-20-2006, 01:27 AM
why's it so important that everyone's worked in retail?

you get paid to perform a particular job to a minimum standard, and in retail/service that means being polite to the customer. if you think that's beneath you, find another job. there's no excuse for being a shithead to people

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 01:30 AM

Its only important when it comes to understanding why sometimes getting coins back rather than bills happens.

you get paid to perform a particular job to a minimum standard, and in retail/service that means being polite to the customer. if you think that's beneath you, find another job. there's no excuse for being a shithead to people

I don't disagree with this.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 01:30 AM
If they didn’t see it, what would the point be?

I mean, why not just drink it then?

Or is it just as cool to be a rebel at heart?

are you really that dumb? what would the point be in doing something like that and having them know it was you? the bitch probably wouldn't even remember him the next time, and besides that, the point is to make them clean up an extra mess for fucking with you.

or, one could just go the karmic route and think to themselves that whatever wrong they did will come back on them and get something better to eat than fast food fare... or at least THAT crap.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 01:33 AM
You always want to give the least amount of coins back, but in some circumstances you may not be able to. Asking for change is what the guy could have done, but how do you know this guy hasn't already done so?

well, if he has, what if they wanted him to run out of dollar bills because it would mean less money (and probably none since they wouldn't likely want to run off with a bag full of change) would be lost if there were to be a robbery?

wHATcOLOR
07-20-2006, 01:34 AM
So he missed the " no lettuce " then but still got the other part right, albeit he didn't say 'add' but he probably knew what you meant. Rather than say "no lettuce, right?" , speaking to him as a person, you decided to get on a high horse and pose it as a question including parts of your request that are already understood. I already can imagine the interaction, mr douche.

You probably could have had a decent experience had you actually went about your request in another manner but because you're probably a douche, you didn't.

big deal, i wasn't rude about it, i was double checking with the guy. i'd imagine it's more irritating when someone doesn't clarify their order and then returns it saying it was the wrong thing. plus it was phrased as a question, making it less likely to be interpreted as condescending. most importantly, it had nothing to do with the lady, and she was the one who was hostile.

i'm not trying to defend the lettuce/tomato nit-pick, admittedly it was hardly worth mentioning.

even so, that part of it shouldn't have anything to do with some cunt seething with pure hatred

Luke de Spa
07-20-2006, 01:35 AM
are you really that dumb? what would the point be in doing something like that and having them know it was you? the bitch probably wouldn't even remember him the next time, and besides that, the point is to make them clean up an extra mess for fucking with you.
the "spill the drink" idea is fucking stupid to start with. it's unlikely that the person who pissed you off would end up cleaning up the mess

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 01:39 AM
even so, that part of it shouldn't have anything to do with some cunt seething with pure hatred

Yeah she deserves to get reprimanded for that. Thats unacceptable.

Im just trying to give an insight as to why sometimes some change is given back that is not ideally what a person would want. Since you decided to respond i responded to why you bad experience (from someone who works in retail), not necessarily condone their idiotic reactions.

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 01:40 AM
well, if he has, what if they wanted him to run out of dollar bills because it would mean less money (and probably none since they wouldn't likely want to run off with a bag full of change) would be lost if there were to be a robbery?

what if ifs and butts were sugar and nuts

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 01:41 AM

ah, but working at fast food is fun. customers always hate when you don't smile as you hand them their change. I don't know how many times I got that complaint, but I did hear it a lot. I was never written up for it, though.

then there was that time I wrote "I hate beanie babies" on receipt paper and taped it to my nametag. it was my way of protesting the fact that I'd been there for 6 hours without a break while cars, and other employees, poured in and out. I got my break, all right... two weeks' worth. I still ended up working there for a couple of months after that.

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 01:42 AM
it's true! a lot of people do a shitty job to hurt the company they work for. it may not be a good decision, but it happens.

This is true too, but that is not every situation.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 01:47 AM
the "spill the drink" idea is fucking stupid to start with. it's unlikely that the person who pissed you off would end up cleaning up the mess

true, but I believe it's better to direct the aggression towards the group as a whole in this instance, rather than make it into a personal attack. I mean, imagine the situation that would develop if he were to throw the cup directly at her. that's directly aggressive and results in criminal prosecution or, if you're lucky, you get away but can't return there for food. it wouldn't break <i>my</i> heart, but it sounds like it's right near J's work and is probably the best option between that and shit like mcdonald's and burger king. not that taco bell is some kind of wonderful place to eat, they just arrange their meat and beans in different formulas.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 01:52 AM
what if ifs and butts were sugar and nuts

which is exactly my point, and the point that Ben and practically everyone else here are trying to make. you give out the bills when you have them.

oh, and unless there's just one register for the front and drive-thru, which could theoretically happen.

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 01:58 AM
Im was trying to give insight to why this dude mighta did what he did with the info given. People turn into giant assholes without even knowing why sometimes, and those who do usually have the 'why should i care, its your problem' attitude rather than being understanding which could totally make the experience good. Sure they don't have to be understanding, but it can sometimes turn the situation around.

There are alot of really nice people too who can make working with the public nice at times as well.. Those people are awesome.

FearFactory
07-20-2006, 02:09 AM
they have you managing a store now, right? you have to expect it working in that position. people aren't going to be perfect at work. sometimes they're going to have a shitty day, just like some of the customers are going to have a shitty day... but as long as there's no physical or verbal conflict, whatever. they're not expecting to be served as if they were at a higher-end store or restaurant. there, you would be earning more and it's more important to not show frustration. they expect people to be dicks at fast food. they're just paying for the food, not the service.

Fattening Ass
07-20-2006, 02:10 AM
hey have you managing a store now, right? you have to expect it working in that position. people aren't going to be perfect at work.

Nigger, I know.

they're not expecting to be served as if they were at a higher-end store or restaurant. there, you would be earning more and it's more important to not show frustration. they expect people to be dicks at fast food. they're just paying for the food, not the service.

nah, i don't agree.

barden
07-20-2006, 02:29 AM

or, one could just go the karmic route and think to themselves that whatever wrong they did will come back on them and get something better to eat than fast food fare... or at least THAT crap.

Man, you parade around here like such a hard ass, you little girl.
I can completely imagine you doing this.

‘Hey, the bitch stiffed us! And gave me a death stare!’
‘Don’t worry man, I got some pay back lined up, har har’
‘What are we going to do? Report them? Protest? Something bad?’
‘No no man, get this: we’re going to get a free drink, and when no one is looking, we’re going to spill it all over THE FLOOR!’
‘Oh MAN! They’re going to have to MOP THAT SHIT UP! You’re such a BAD ASS!’

The A
07-20-2006, 02:34 AM
if there's spit in this, i'm gonna make it my mission to punish this poor excuse for a service industry employee.

I would advise you to go for a shit and wipe your arse with your hand, then make sure you smear plenty of crap on the underside of door handles, tables and places where other people are likely to place their hands. Do it a few times, people will get ill, complain, the place will be shut down because of health and safty issues and the bitch will lose her job.

barden
07-20-2006, 02:37 AM
There are some things in life I cant tolerate.
Specifically: spit, snot, vomit, shit, urine, gagging noises, people trying not to throw up etc.

Blood and gore is fine.

But I cant even watch that shit on TV. I spend one third of fear factor covering my ears and not looking at the TV< like some kid. It amuses my friends.

If I caught someone spitting in my food / putting shit on door handles...
I would smack your teeth in.

It's a VERY sensitive topic.

The A
07-20-2006, 02:54 AM
I did a bright green shit once the day after drinking a raspberry slush puppy, true. It looked good enough to eat..... again. My only regret is that I hadn't also eaten a can of sweet corn aswell. Can you imagine that? A luminous green crap with yellow spots, I would have had to frame it.

Luke de Spa
07-20-2006, 05:50 AM
ah, but working at fast food is fun. customers always hate when you don't smile as you hand them their change. I don't know how many times I got that complaint, but I did hear it a lot. I was never written up for it, though.
it doesn't cost you anything to be courteous, so you might as well. ultimately it means you don't give ammunition to the fuckheads who would enjoy getting you fired. pick your battles, i reckon

Luke de Spa
07-20-2006, 05:53 AM
true, but I believe it's better to direct the aggression towards the group as a whole in this instance, rather than make it into a personal attack. I mean, imagine the situation that would develop if he were to throw the cup directly at her. that's directly aggressive and results in criminal prosecution or, if you're lucky, you get away but can't return there for food. it wouldn't break <i>my</i> heart, but it sounds like it's right near J's work and is probably the best option between that and shit like mcdonald's and burger king. not that taco bell is some kind of wonderful place to eat, they just arrange their meat and beans in different formulas.
it's not an either/or scenario. it's not like his only two courses of action here are a) spill his drink or b) throw his drink at the angry girl, so it's a waste of time to work out which of the two are preferable. instead try to think of something that's actually sensible

Argh
07-21-2006, 02:52 PM
so fucking what? you spit in someone's food, you deserve to get your head dunked in a fryer.

:rolleyes:

bardy
07-21-2006, 03:12 PM
I only skimmed the last page so I apologize if someone already pointed this out but...

RE: guy giving back quarters instead of dollars

When I worked retail, we had to have a certain amount of money in the register at closing time. It was like $25 ones, $35 fives, and $30 in tens. If the tills were out of money to restock the register then we could have $30 in ones and $30 in fives or something, but not make up the difference in change because the change was never taken out of the register and counted so it would make the day's total off. (does that make any sense... I mean obviously when there was an excess amount of change it'd be turned in, but generally the change was never added into the total at the end of the day)

my point being, maybe taco bell is the same way and that guy needed that money to close out the register at the end of the night. and you probably made his evening harder by demanding he give that money to you

murgle
07-21-2006, 03:15 PM
I get agitated at work, but I dont think that I've ever been rude to the customer (even if the customer is the root of the agitation).

Maybe she was pissed at someone else and you just happened to be there?
no idea.

When I was at work today, some lady comes in and orders a venti coffee. I ask, as I always do when someone gets a coffee, an americano, or a tea, "Room for cream and sugar?" She looked at me like I'd spoken in tongues and said, "Excuse me?" and I said, slower, "Would you like room for cream and sugar?" and she just stared at me. After a few seconds, she said, annoyed, "What do you mean?" I tried to be non-irriated at her (when ever I'm annoyed at a customer, I always wind up speaking very slowly and smiling so that it can never be construed as hostile or mean) and said very slowly, "Would you like me to leave some space (i held up my fingers to the cup) for you to add milk (I pointed at the condiment stand) and sugar?" And she still just stared at me. After a few more seconds, she was apparently sick of thinking about it and said, "just give me the coffee." I wound up leaving her no room. Later, I saw her dumping some of the coffee out in the trash can so she could add milk and sugar.

I wanted to hit her really really hard.

benjamin619
07-21-2006, 03:53 PM
OKAY GUYS, HERES THE THING YOU'RE MISSING!

HEY WANTED TO GIVE ME A FEW DOLLARS IN QUARTERS - THIS IS ESTABLISHED.

BUT I MADE HIM GIVE ME THE ONE DOLLAR BILLS.

SO THEN, HE WAS SUCH A SMARTASS THAT HE GAVE ME 60 CENTS CHANGE IN NICKELS ... WHEN HE OBVIOUSLY HAD TONS OF QUARTERS!

benjamin619
07-21-2006, 03:54 PM
that's just juvenile.

RopeyLopey
07-21-2006, 04:38 PM
that would never happen to Yamil.

FearFactory
07-21-2006, 06:01 PM
it doesn't cost you anything to be courteous, so you might as well. ultimately it means you don't give ammunition to the fuckheads who would enjoy getting you fired. pick your battles, i reckon

I'm not the kind of person that naturally smiles. I took these people's orders and then they handed me bills and I gave them back the correct change, which they received every time. some of them went on to bitch about this, which I was informed about, but nothing was ever done because I was doing my job. now, if I were to be giving people incorrect change back or the till were to be constantly coming out to +/- more than a couple of bucks of the end of day totals, then they'd have a problem with it.

FearFactory
07-21-2006, 06:08 PM
it's not an either/or scenario. it's not like his only two courses of action here are a) spill his drink or b) throw his drink at the angry girl, so it's a waste of time to work out which of the two are preferable. instead try to think of something that's actually sensible

so what would you consider to be the most <i>sensible</i> recourse? writing a letter to the company in the hopes that they'll actually read it and take action? I've written a letter to taco bell before after walking into the absolute filthiest fast food restaurant I've ever been in, only to receive NO response whatsoever. the floor had a small soda spill, trash was EVERYWHERE and flies were buzzing around. now, it is possible that they took action and contacted the store in question; however, I did stop by 2 months later and noticed the exact same manager working there. obviously I didn't get any food from there either time.

bardy
07-21-2006, 06:21 PM
guys, writing complaint letters is really easy:

http://www.planetfeedback.com/

I've written some to subway (they smell horrible, is that really necessary) and other places. I got responses for all of them and some cupons in the mail.

wHATcOLOR
07-21-2006, 06:22 PM
togos has got to be the worst smelling food store aside from a european cheese store or a slaughter house

shannon
07-21-2006, 06:23 PM
KFC smells awful

bardy
07-21-2006, 06:24 PM
togos has got to be the worst smelling food store aside from a european cheese store or a slaughter house

I keep seeing those all over the place but I've never been in one. is it a sandwich place too?

bardy
07-21-2006, 06:25 PM
KFC smells awful

yeah but the smell doesnt cling to your clothing and make your smell like shit all day

FearFactory
07-21-2006, 06:27 PM
yeah but the smell doesnt cling to your clothing and make your smell like shit all day

it's the bread. if they just baked it elsewhere, it wouldn't be such a problem.

bardy
07-21-2006, 06:28 PM
it's the bread. if they just baked it elsewhere, it wouldn't be such a problem.

they should build more drive-thrus then. And man even bakeries dont smell THAT bad... they must some weird ass yeast.

FearFactory
07-21-2006, 06:32 PM
fuck the drive-thrus. I like to make sure they don't cut my sandwich with a knife crusted with mustard and mayo.. motherfuckers tryna poison me.

it's pretty funny, though, how you can go to subway and EVERYONE in the office knows where you went for lunch.

bardy
07-21-2006, 06:33 PM
I really dislike most sandwiches in general but that place makes me hate them even more

Celes
07-21-2006, 06:33 PM
they should build more drive-thrus then. And man even bakeries dont smell THAT bad... they must some weird ass yeast.

ass yeast is pretty weird in general though

FearFactory
07-21-2006, 06:35 PM
ass yeast is pretty weird in general though

are you speaking from experience?

Celes
07-21-2006, 06:37 PM
i told you never to bring that up...

:(

FearFactory
07-21-2006, 06:39 PM
okay, well for anyone who questioned it.. her ass tastes fine.

is that better, Celes?

wHATcOLOR
07-21-2006, 06:40 PM
I keep seeing those all over the place but I've never been in one. is it a sandwich place too?

yeah, and it is worthless, there's not one redeeming factor taht i know of, other than one location's proximity to my work.

the source of the odor is this stinky hot pastrami they have that just sits there, simmering in those steam thingies, day after day and the stores are just thoroughly permeated. makes me SICK!!!!!!!1

bardy
07-21-2006, 06:41 PM
yeah, and it is worthless, there's not one redeeming factor taht i know of, other than one location's proximity to my work.

the source of the odor is this stinky hot pastrami they have that just sits there, simmering in those steam thingies, day after day and the stores are just thoroughly permeated. makes me SICK!!!!!!!1

that sounds gross! I have just been having jamba juice for lunch lately because I am sick of eating fast food. And everyone at work is always getting sandwiches and I hate sandwiches! Especially cold ones!

Esty
07-21-2006, 06:42 PM
You're such a whiner brady.

wHATcOLOR
07-21-2006, 06:44 PM
i enjoy jamba juice, i usually get one to tide me over for the commute home, but i can't stand the ineptitude of their employees. it is a rare occasion that they don't get confused and forget about the order, or make the wrong one, or someone takes mine without checking..

re: cold sandwiches, i was having this discussion yesterday! i hate them too. in fact, there is one sitting in the fridge right now that i got, and i coudln't bring myself to eat it. i'll just throw it away, what a waste. i don't know what it is about cold sandwiches. me and this other guy hate them. this one girl likes them and she always says 'let's go to the deli' and we always make excuses not to, or go to god damn togos so we can avoid the cold sandwiches. i don't know exactly why, but a hot sandwich is tremendously more palatable to me

FearFactory
07-21-2006, 06:47 PM
You're such a whiner brady.

so is J.

wHATcOLOR
07-21-2006, 06:49 PM
oh, my latest jamba juice gripe: they'll make slightly too much, and stand there for 30 seconds, slapping the container against their hand to get every last drop out of the mixer and into the cup. by the time they're done, there is a pillar of smoothie in the center of the cup that extends a good three or four inches above the top of the cup.

then they'll slap a lid on it, so there's a tremendous amoutn of pressure on the lid right where the straw goes, and when you put the straw in, there is an eruption of smoothie that makes a mess all over the top.

solution 1: just even it out and don't make it all stand straight up in the middle, if you insist on whacking the mixer against your hand like a fucking moron for 30 seconds

solution 2: don't whack the mixer against your hand like a fucking moron for 30 seconds

wHATcOLOR
07-21-2006, 06:50 PM
i used to have a homey at a jamba juice, and he and i created some custom ones, and he'd always undercharge me. he got fired last year though, he constantly billed for overtime he didn't actually work, or so i hear..

wHATcOLOR
07-21-2006, 06:51 PM
so is J.

suck my dick you haggard old fool

Irridescent Fairysex
07-21-2006, 06:53 PM
I eat a lof of cold sandwiches.

FearFactory
07-21-2006, 06:53 PM
i used to have a homey at a jamba juice, and he and i created some custom ones, and he'd always undercharge me. he got fired last year though, he constantly billed for overtime he didn't actually work, or so i hear..

so it's okay for the employees to be inept when what they do is in your favor.

wHATcOLOR
07-21-2006, 06:54 PM
so it's okay for the employees to be inept when what they do is in your favor.

absolutely correct

FearFactory
07-21-2006, 06:54 PM
suck my dick you haggard old fool

I admire your attempt at combining word and phrases into a fantastic insult, but it doesn't really fit me.

Irridescent Fairysex
07-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Was he being inept if he did it on purpose?

Irridescent Fairysex
I admire your attempt at combining word and phrases into a fantastic insult, but it doesn't really fit me.

Lol, bad choice of words.

FearFactory
absolutely correct

as long as we're clear.

FearFactory
07-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Was he being inept if he did it on purpose?

is it considered good judgement to sell products at a discounted price without approval from management?

bardy
07-21-2006, 06:57 PM
oh, my latest jamba juice gripe: they'll make slightly too much, and stand there for 30 seconds, slapping the container against their hand to get every last drop out of the mixer and into the cup. by the time they're done, there is a pillar of smoothie in the center of the cup that extends a good three or four inches above the top of the cup.

then they'll slap a lid on it, so there's a tremendous amoutn of pressure on the lid right where the straw goes, and when you put the straw in, there is an eruption of smoothie that makes a mess all over the top.

solution 1: just even it out and don't make it all stand straight up in the middle, if you insist on whacking the mixer against your hand like a fucking moron for 30 seconds

solution 2: don't whack the mixer against your hand like a fucking moron for 30 seconds

I witnessed this today while I was waiting for mine! The girl was pretty busy but still had time to bang the container on the counter for about half an hour (exaggeration) and then poured too much and the shit squirted out all on the top of the lid. She stood there and thought about it for a couple seconds, then instead of just getting a napkin and wiping the shit off, she pulls out another cup and then dumps the smoothie into it. I mean at least she corrected her mistake...

And I like hot sandwiches but at the places I've found near work the workers are all hispanic and freak out if you say anything that isn't one of the menu choices. One day I tried to get a toasted turkey, bacon, and swiss sandwich and it took about 5 people to understand my order. They seemed amazed that I didn't want any lettue or anything. I just kept repeating TURKEY, BACON, AND SWISS, THATS IT, TOASTED/HOT.... ugh

Irridescent Fairysex
07-21-2006, 07:00 PM
is it considered good judgement to sell products at a discounted price without approval from management?

Depends on who you ask, J or management.

bardy
07-21-2006, 07:08 PM

we were encouraged to discount shit people were returning to get them to try to keep it instead of doing a full return

bardy
07-21-2006, 07:11 PM
check out this story:

http://www.planetfeedback.com/index.php?level2=blog_viewpost&topic_id=288378

my life was threatened

by jose m. written to Wendy's International, Inc.
Posted Sat July 8, 2006 11:18 pm

On Jul 8 2006 at 3:58 P.M. I went to the Wendy's at 39580 Lowes Drive, Palmdale, CA 93551, to order 2 JR BAC CHEESE for 1.98 and 1 small fry FOR 0.99. While I was waiting in line the hispanic cashier who was helping a customer looked over at me and said in spanish "go to hell". I just ignored her thinking she had a hard day at work. After she helped the customer she left me standing there and she went to clean the tables. I was waiting 5 minutes before I asked this elderly, gray haired hispanic lady who was cleaning the table around the cash register, "Miss are you taking orders?". She told me "No, I am just the cleaning lady, I will get someone". Then she approached a young, skinny hispanic lady in the back and she told her in spanish, "That hog out there needs some service". I decided to ignore her comment. I asked an employee by the name of Kimberly if she was taking orders. She took my order. At this point in my mind I decided not to file any complaints. I decided to sit at my table and eat my meal and to never return to a Wendy's restaurant as long as I live. While I was eating at the table, the same hispanic girl who told me to go to hell and who refused to take my order, by leaving to clean the tables, came by my table and she was talking to a lady who was sitting next to me and who was a customer. While she was talking to this lady she looked at me and said "We are going to wack you". In my mind I took this as a threat to my life and then I decided to go home and write a letter of complaint to the company. The employee who made that threat to my life is hispanic and very heavy. I forgave her because she looked tired and had a hard day at work. Even when I left the restaurant, I felt sorry for her and decided not to make the complaint. When I was sitting in the bookstore I remembered how she threatened my life with all that hate in her voice and I started crying in the bookstore. I then changed my mind and decided it was best to make the complaint. I have always been treated very well at all the Wendy's restaurants but this day was a horrible day that I have never experienced at any Wendy's. I don't plan on eating at anymore Wendy's restaurants or any other restaurants for that matter. It is best to cook my food at home or to carry a lite lunch and drink with me anywhere I go.

I would like Wendy's International, Inc. to call me and to give me an explanation as to why I was treated so bad at their fast food restaurant.

Irridescent Fairysex
07-21-2006, 07:24 PM
it doesn't really fit me.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

Trotskilicious
07-22-2006, 01:03 AM
but when this lady calls my number she is fucking GLARING at me, daggers out. it looked like she wanted to attack. i held her gaze and kept looking right back into her eyes, it was this intense stare down that must have lasted 6 seconds, i moved extra slowly. count to six, it's pretty long! but once i had my stuff in my hands, i turned and left. i wish i could give you a better description of how she was looking at me. pure hatred, it was so aggressive. what a fucking bitch.

Most cooks are pissed off for any kind of special orders. You shouldn't let it bother you at all. They're just jerkoffs.

When I worked at IHOP this little vato would always give people shit if anyone ordered anything but scrambled eggs. Sometimes he would just ignore the ticket and make scrambled eggs anyway.