View Full Version : You can just shove that stupid wireless connection up your ass

obscured01
01-24-2003, 03:11 PM
<font color="DAB9E8">So our wireless backbone connection went down today. So about 300 customers were calling to scream and yell that they couldn't get 'their internet'. It was down for about 6 hours today.... non stop... whining, stupid, inconsiderate, cruel, mean customers who just yell and scream at us, regarless of the fact that we're currently being screamed at by 10 other customers at the same time because of the multiple calls we're taking.

Then... to call back every single customer, and walk them through a ip release/renew.... and run into psycho dhcp errors.... over and over, and 300 + customers to call and going crazy ....

I hate my job.
I hate wireless internet.
I hate people who call it 'satilite' or dsl or 'their internet'.

I'm not supposed to be looking at non business related websites.

I'm going to be fired on Wednesday because I have school at 6pm, and we have a company meeting and I cannot come, because I refuse to skip this Calculus class, so the owner told me to either come to the meeting, or be fired because I needed to choose which was more important. I DUNNO, WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT? School or stupid wireless people who just yell and scream at me for other people's screw ups?!?!? I DUNNO, THAT'S A HARD ONE.

I'm just a giant ball of warm, cuddly angst right now.
</font>

Smiley33
01-24-2003, 03:16 PM
:( <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

The peanut gallery (kypper) says get the fuck out of that job. He did tech support once and :eek: he was a fucking wreck. Now he has a better job where he doesn't have to listen to people bitch and moan about why their computer doesn't work when the power is out. ( :erm )

Junebug
01-24-2003, 03:17 PM
That sucks. I'm sorry. Why don't you just put a little message on your automated machine saying "we are currently experiencing technical difficulties. The company will call you back within the next six hours to reset your connection" or whatever. That's what mine does sometimes. Well at least you won't have to deal with it much longer.

Victor_Mancini
01-24-2003, 03:17 PM
:(

Sorry to hear that, this is what you do.

Get their info. like email or phone number, go find your local gay newspaper/magazine or an internet site. Post their info saying they like scat and bukkake and let the fart drift into the wind.

Either that post their shite here and we'll take care of everything ;)

Don_Mecca
01-24-2003, 03:20 PM
maybe you're letting these customers get to you a little bit too easily. so they yell, so they're inconsiderate....does it matter? you know it's coming....it's not the first time.

it's your job. be glad you're in school working to get yourself out of there....use it as inspiration or something.

obscured01
01-24-2003, 03:34 PM
<font color="DAB9E8"><3 <3

I am looking for a new job... since I will be so stupidly fired for not coming to a company meeting. They <u>know</u> I have school at night, that's why I work the morning shift. It's a stupid mean thing to tell someone 'either come to this meeting after work hours, or you're fired, no excues period!' ... especially when I'm one of the few people who ever work on the computers at theback, the only one who does spam and support mail, and I am very fucking dependible damnit. :mad:

But yeah, I'll be glad to get out of here. So I'm looking around for something new...

And I wish we could just turn on the answering machine... unfortunately, the owner doesn't see it that way... he thinks it's better that the 2 of us in the morning run around like our heads are cut off, while 5 lines, plus 10 intercoms are on hold and ringing.

Yes I know I'm bitching, and no I really don't care.

And yes, I'm sure I'm letting it get to me to easily, but I'm fed up with it, and am a nervous ball of gump, and I'm tired of situations like this since our shit has been broken at work for the past 3 weeks and no one has taken the effort to fix anything, so we get all the shit for it. :( After 2 years of that, I'm tired of it and just don't give a fuck.

Edit - Victor - That would be an awesome thing to do, and it is something I have been very tempted to do, many many times ;)

</font>

spa ced
01-24-2003, 03:40 PM
You should never work doing something that makes you unhappy.
I used to work at MCI/Worldcom doing telephone customer service for Small Businesses.
I worked 10 hours shifts 4 days a week.
I would come home after work and dream about accounts. It was horrible.
I only did it for seven months and then I was definitely ready to go back to college.
I will never work at any job now unless it helps me on the path to my career. Fuck customer service I say.

(I also worked at Hollywood Video, UPS, a Law Office, & a big arena for events)

sickbadthing
01-24-2003, 05:18 PM
I don't think I have a problem with it at my job because I fucking hate people in general. That and I don't deal with any residential people. Those are the worst. They pay the least and bitch the most. You may want to try to find a job where you deal with business data lines instead of the "dumbass living in a house" lines.

twilightfadez
01-24-2003, 05:21 PM
*gives you a glass of water*
that's the maddest i have ever seen you
:( i hope you feel better and that the wireless customers get all the wirelessness stuck up the ass