View Full Version : American soldiers accused of rape and murder in Iraq

talk show host
07-10-2006, 06:30 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2171860

Duno if this has been mentioned yet, but I thought people might be interested. Several US soldiers have been accused of raping a young Iraqi girl and murdering her and her family. This is just one of several links I found which give a kind of overview of the case. One guy has already been arrested but now more GIs are under investigation.

I would like to think this would create some interesting debate and discussion but somehow I think the responses will be pretty predictable.

Anyway, discuss...

Speed0fPain
07-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Rape is cool!

zbeast78
07-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Yeah, what's left to discuss? We know this stuff is going on. and unlike the haditha incident, this definitely happened. Unfortunately, thats what happens when you have 150,000 or so people in a strange land that can pretty much do whatever they want. Some sick people are drawn to the army for disturbing reasons just like the priesthood or boy scouts.

note: this is not me excusing the US military for these atrocities.

JokeyLoki
07-10-2006, 10:31 AM
It's hard to weed out people like this... I'm sure their friends and family will come out and say "I can't believe they'd do something like that, he was such a nice, quiet guy"... being in a strange place and under that kind of stress can do weird things to people who perhaps were a little off in the first place.

I'm glad that they're dealing with this quickly. I'm sure that, with the evidence they have, these guys won't get off light. Hopefully life in a military jail... those things aren't a joke.

GlasgowKiss
07-10-2006, 11:08 AM
The most important thing in sex is the element of suprise.

talk show host
07-10-2006, 10:38 PM
unlike the haditha incident, this definitely happened. [/I]

I thought this was fact as well?

I_was_aborted
07-10-2006, 11:44 PM
It is fact that the families in Haditha were killed, they just aren't sure exactly why or what went down.