View Full Version : BLOCKBUSTER HOCKEY TRADE!!!

Voice Implodes
06-24-2006, 01:06 PM
The Panthers acquired forawrd Todd Bertuzzi, defenceman Bryan Allen and goaltender Alex Auld from Vancouver for goaltender Roberto Luongo and defenceman Lukas Krajicek along with a sixth-round pick.

:eek:

Nate the Grate
06-24-2006, 01:09 PM
OLD

just kidding (kinda), but seriously, I hate both Luongo and Bertuzzi, so this trade means nothing to me. I just can't wait for the draft. if the Bruins trade down I may hand in my Bruins fan card.

neopryn
06-24-2006, 01:12 PM
i hope the Pens pick up Jordan Staal, seems like a sure thing if he's anything like his brother.

JPK
06-24-2006, 02:12 PM
is it just me or the Panthers just did a HORRIBLE move?

Voice Implodes
06-24-2006, 02:22 PM
bertuzzi needed a change of scenery, that's all. too many distractions in vancouver. i am sure he will rip it up in florida.

Fathoms (unadored)
06-24-2006, 04:14 PM
*floored*

This could work out for us. Luongo is an excellent goaltender but it'll be a huge adjustment for him playing on a competative team with Vancouver's brutal travel schedule. Bertuzzi had so much baggage here and his career was never going to pick up again as long as he stayed. Sunny Florida might do him good.

Mooney
06-24-2006, 04:36 PM
i hope the Pens pick up Jordan Staal, seems like a sure thing if he's anything like his brother.
i had tickets to the memorial cup this year. he was the best player on the ice. he wasn't even an alternate captain, starting line-up or first string powerplay. i predict staal will go third.

Fathoms (unadored)
06-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Tanguay to Calgary for Leopold and a 2nd Rounder...

Kind of a stupid trade for Colarodo if you ask meif you ask me.

phaedrus
06-24-2006, 08:28 PM
i can't believe that nobody has mentioned that Pronger has asked for a trade.

i think the Vancouver/Florida trade was pretty even, but will pay off more for Vancouver. Calgary has the depth to lose Leopold, and needed the offense, but Colorado might do alright coming out of it, provided they pick up someone decent with their 2nd rounder. i don't know why the hell Toronto would pick up Raycroft. actually, i can understand why, but i still think it's a poor decision.