View Full Version : terrible sleeping patterns

Shapan
06-22-2006, 10:40 AM
its 9 in the morning and i havent slept.

before the past 2 weeks, pretty much through the third quarter i slept at around 5 every day. didnt really care because i was in college and more often than not i had something to keep me occupied.

then finals week came and ended. i stayed up until about 8 or 9 my last few days before leaving back home going to end of the year parties and pretty much got use to it.

the last 4 days i stayed up the entire night and didnt sleep, the next day i slept from 4 AM to about 3 PM, slept for an hour from 7 AM to 8 AM the next day(had to get up early to go to a theme park with a bunch of friends), then slept from 5-5 the day after, and now today i havent slept.

has this ever happened to any of you? how the fuck do you snap it? ive had bad sleeping patterns before but never this awful, it's almost like the flexibility of scheduling college classes helped encourage it. and now during the summer back home i wont have nearly enough things to keep myself occupied without going nuts.

last summer i slept around 5 every night but that wasnt bad, switching between not sleeping and sleeping like 11 hours sucks.

Karl Connor
06-22-2006, 10:43 AM
my problem with sleeping is that if i sleep then i'm out cold for 10 hrs and miss a good deal of school; if i dont then i spend the entire night awake then groggy and irritable the next morning

Shapan
06-22-2006, 10:46 AM
my problem with sleeping is that if i sleep then i'm out cold for 10 hrs and miss a good deal of school; if i dont then i spend the entire night awake then groggy and irritable the next morning

that was me a bunch of third quarter, but my morning classes were worthless.

but i wouldnt stay up all night like im doing now, and it does make me groggy during part of the day, annoying as hell.

brendo_91
06-22-2006, 11:10 AM
I haven't been sleeping well since the start of May when Dad went into hospital, and especially since he died three weeks back. So I totally see where you're coming from. 2:15AM and I'm awake - wtf? I mean, I used to arrive home from work about 12:30AM and then go straight to bed, out like a light. Now I don't get tired until about 3 or 4 or so and then wake up at about midday, which is fucked, because I work at 10am, so I need to set alarms, which I ignore, etc...

celluloid_love
06-22-2006, 11:54 AM
During the holidays I usually get to bed at like 5AM. I don't work though, I'm just studying.

It's pretty fucked.