View Full Version : For You "24" Fans

Aeroplane
06-08-2006, 04:55 PM
A "24" Movie?

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- The real-time TV thriller "24" is headed to the big screen under a deal between movie studio 20th Century Fox and the show's producers, trade paper Daily Variety said Thursday.

The Hollywood publication said no deals are in place with the cast, although star Keifer Sutherland -- an executive producer of the series -- has said he would like to reprise his role as sleep-deprived action hero Agent Jack Bauer in a feature version.

However, the paper said the "24" movie would likely abandon the TV show's distinctive real-time conceit, meaning that all the murder and mayhem will no longer be squeezed into one day. A rough plot outline has been drafted, but no details have been disclosed, it said.

Fox, a unit of News Corp., struck a deal with series creators Robert Cochran and Joel Surnow, who will write the script, and executive producer Howard Gordon, who will work on the story, Daily Variety said. The feature could potentially shoot next spring and summer during the hiatus between season six and a likely seventh season of "24."

The critically acclaimed "24" series, which airs in the United States on News Corp.'s Fox Broadcasting unit, saw ratings improve by 14 percent for the just-wrapped fifth season, with nearly 14 million viewers tuning in every week, the paper said.

Aeroplane
06-08-2006, 04:58 PM
The Sentinel

Nimrod's Son
06-08-2006, 05:03 PM
That's a pretty dumb idea. a 2 hour real time plot, OK, but it totally loses the premise and suspense of the show

it would be like making a "Lost" movie except instead of being on an island, they're on a cruise ship and it focuses on relationships and somebody's drinking problem

Future Boy
06-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Ive always wanted to see the mission that set-up season 1. That would be a decent movie concept.

Esty
06-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Its going to be his rescue from the japs.

wally
06-08-2006, 07:19 PM
There's got to be some way they get him out of China. I'm not going to be too excited about 24 hours of Jack in Beijing.

"Dammit Chloe! Get a satellite view of that rickshaw!"

Of course, as always, I'll be hooked despite my protestations.

Corganist
06-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Bigger explosions. Better torture. Higher body count. More cursing.

As long as this thing is rated R, I don't see how it can go wrong even if it is jammed into 2 hours.

Travis Meeks
06-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Wally, the writers have said that little if any footage will be shot in China.

Elvis The Fat Years
06-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah, Wally. What's wrong with you.

Travis Meeks
06-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Can't wait to hear the roast tomorrow elvy!

Corganist
06-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Wally, the writers have said that little if any footage will be shot in China.
Yeah. I imagine Jack's gonna be back in the US by the time the next season starts, probably a shell of his former self. There'll probably be all sorts of distrust of him by the US, suspicion that he cracked under torture and gave info to the Chinese or something like that...and he'll have to save the country once again to prove himself.

Something like that.

Esty
06-08-2006, 08:57 PM
So was it Logan who told china about jack still being alive?

Elvis The Fat Years
06-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Can't wait to hear the roast tomorrow elvy!

you didn't listen to it tonight?

Corganist
06-08-2006, 09:08 PM
So was it Logan who told china about jack still being alive?
It wasn't ever expressly shown whether or not he did, but the part in one of those final two episodes (can't remember if it was the last or second-to-last) where Logan tells his bosses that "Bauer will be taken care of" is thought to strongly imply it.

Esty
06-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Thats what I thought as well you mod stealing fuck.

Ugly
06-08-2006, 09:14 PM
No way this is going to be rated R. PG-13 for sure. But we will hear Jack curse. I think you can drop an f-bomb or two in a PG-13'er, but it depends on the context it is said. (in Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Mr. Smith says, "fuckers getting younger every year" or something like that)

Dropping the real-time format feels off. This, I want to see kept. But doing a finale which has a cliffhanger which leads to a movie you have to pay to see? Gay.

Travis Meeks
06-08-2006, 09:21 PM
you didn't listen to it tonight?

no... I was busy tonight, was it great?

Elvis The Fat Years
06-08-2006, 09:25 PM
i dunno, i dont have sirius. i have to wait for someone to post it.

i get all the shows from here http://redskunk.org/index.php

Elvis The Fat Years
06-08-2006, 09:25 PM
ohhh its up. im on it.