View Full Version : Josh Freese, honorary Netphorian

tcm
06-06-2006, 02:05 PM
from the recent Spiral fan club web chat with Trent Reznor & co.:

charlienin <Q>    For all: What song would you like to cover live by any artist?
josh_freese <A>    "I'm a Big Bald Dummy" by Billy Corgan

Esty
06-06-2006, 02:08 PM
So I guess that means any song on TFE.

DeadOpera
06-06-2006, 02:25 PM
or mary star of the sea.

Esty
06-06-2006, 03:01 PM
At least he has the COURAGE to stare at his receding hairline every day unlike someone else.

TheEdgeboy
06-06-2006, 03:01 PM
that quirp coming from a guy with a BIG receding hairline is what the joke is...it's on him

and to be honest, I really would like to kick his ass because I am fed up with men who have no courage.

Esty
06-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey, years of grace said that. That bastard deleted his post.

Unless you're years of grace edgeboy.

TheEdgeboy
06-06-2006, 03:04 PM
what?

you see nothing Esty...

tcm
06-06-2006, 03:15 PM
that reminds me. whose sockpuppet is Freese acting as here? Trent's or James's?

tcm
06-06-2006, 03:15 PM
or Paz's?

tcm
06-06-2006, 03:16 PM
or Howerdel's?

tcm
06-06-2006, 03:17 PM
or... well, given that Josh Freese has worked with everybody in the rock universe, plus that everybody in the rock universe hates Billy Corgan, we can see that the possibilities are endless.

Esty
06-06-2006, 03:19 PM
what?

you see nothing Esty...

Well, now we know who years of grace is.

TheEdgeboy
06-06-2006, 03:32 PM
IM CALLING OUT JOSH FREEZE!!!

MEET ME BEHIND THE SCHOOL PARKING LOT TODAY! 3:00pm.

HE CAN BRING ALL THE PAIN BECAUSE ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GIVE HIM THE ROGAINE!!!

fight over.

Effloresce
06-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Fuck Josh Freese.

wHATcOLOR
06-06-2006, 08:49 PM
i don't understand how come freese get's knocked for having a receeding hairline -- at least he wears it like a man, like bruce willis for example, instead of bill corgan who couldn't deal with it due to vanity and insecurity

duovamp
06-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Wouldn't shaving it all off make him even more bald than in the beginning, meaning he was even more accepting of his circumstance?

Sonic Johnny
06-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Fuck Josh Freese.

no fuck you man.

Luke de Spa
06-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Wouldn't shaving it all off make him even more bald than in the beginning, meaning he was even more accepting of his circumstance?
well no, since he told people he wasn't balding and he was just sick of people's expectations of fashion or some bullshit

wHATcOLOR
06-06-2006, 09:19 PM
i guess you could look at it that way. the way i see it is that people are more quick to make fun of a receeding hairline than they are a shaved head. when you shave your head, you're clearly changing your appearance. your hairline is less visible when you've shaved your head. it can be a way of dealing with/avoiding the problem and stigma of a receeding hairline.

then again, you can look at it the way you're suggesting. but from a personal level, i know i've heard many people say 'i'm gonna shave my head if i ever start going bald, f- that!!' just because of the stigma associated with a receeding hairline.

shaved heads are common with athletes and celebrities sometimes, so it can be a much 'cooler' appearance than a receeding hairline. i.e. many people who shave their heads do so because they are concerned about their appearance, where as the dude who just let's his receeding hairline show is likely to be less concerned with his image. there are obviously cases where that isn't necessarily true though

duovamp
06-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Oh... Well, telling people he wasn't balding is one thing, but the being sick of people's expectations of fashion I almost believe.

http://www.donewaiting.com/archives/corgan_middle_ps.jpg

wHATcOLOR
06-06-2006, 09:22 PM
yeah basically everything he says i automatically consider a lie :beatup:

duovamp
06-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah, when you think of it like I do, which is "When I go bald, I'm shaving my head" then you've got a point. It's not really embracing the baldness, so much as it's avoiding a receeding hairline. Perhaps if he shaved his head prior to going going bald, then it'd be fine, but... here we are.

wHATcOLOR
06-06-2006, 09:27 PM
yeah! suck it bill, we're on to you!!!

duovamp
06-06-2006, 09:32 PM
>_>
<_<

zsp77
06-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Freese is the bitch of the industry. He's the guy the label hires when it's nervous about the talent of a band's drummer. On my friends' album he did a good job, but my source always makes the comment that "50 % of everything you hear on the radio has freese's drumming on it." I'd have to say this is incredibly lame.

Josh Freese can suck a fat one. He wished he had a tenth of the talent Corgan has in his little toenail.

e10sc
06-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Josh Freese did good as the bassist on Gish though, I don't see why everyone's writing him off.

Effloresce
06-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Josh Freese did good as the bassist on Gish though, I don't see why everyone's writing him off.
hur hur

:noway:

wpc33
06-08-2006, 01:26 AM
hur hur

:noway:
Yes, this post of yours is much better :rolleyes:

pumpkinxyu
06-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Freese is the bitch of the industry. He's the guy the label hires when it's nervous about the talent of a band's drummer. On my friends' album he did a good job, but my source always makes the comment that "50 % of everything you hear on the radio has freese's drumming on it." I'd have to say this is incredibly lame.

Josh Freese can suck a fat one. He wished he had a tenth of the talent Corgan has in his little toenail.

freese can suck two fat ones. what a douche bag. i often hear him highly praised for his work as a session/touring drummer, for his reliability more than anything else, but i saw him play with NIN last night in atlanta and he fucked up bad on about four or five songs. maybe he should learn the standard NIN repertoire before he moves on to covering Billy.

tcm
06-08-2006, 08:46 AM
do i hear three fat ones, anyone, three fat ones

davin
06-08-2006, 09:31 AM
or mary star of the sea.

easy on your bashing of MSOTS please...regardless of what most people here say its a good album with good songs. and live these songs had some awesome jams and i'm sick of it always being bad-mouthed. sure it wasn't as good as SP, but it was an enjoyable shift with decent music that was much better than most of the stuff out at the same time in 2003.

only 1 fanboy's opinion, but c'mon....I can't sit back and watch Adore get praised constantly while MSOTS is constantly ripped on. They both were a step down from the peak SP material...but they were both decent. you hard-to-please whiney fuckers. :rawk:

douglas78
06-08-2006, 09:31 AM
So I guess that means any song on TFE.

you're a disgrace to this board

davin
06-08-2006, 09:32 AM
you're a disgrace to this board :banging:

zsp77
06-08-2006, 10:11 AM
easy on your bashing of MSOTS please...regardless of what most people here say its a good album with good songs. and live these songs had some awesome jams and i'm sick of it always being bad-mouthed. sure it wasn't as good as SP, but it was an enjoyable shift with decent music that was much better than most of the stuff out at the same time in 2003.

only 1 fanboy's opinion, but c'mon....I can't sit back and watch Adore get praised constantly while MSOTS is constantly ripped on. They both were a step down from the peak SP material...but they were both decent. you hard-to-please whiney fuckers. :rawk:

Yeah, I saw MSOTS at the Aragon in Chi town and man did that show fucking rock. I was absolutely freaking out up in the balcony. The coolest part is when it started, MSOTS is playing as the intro, and there is this side room/bar to the left of the stage that is all surrounded by glass. My bro and I were in there so I could snag up another Budweiser and we realized we could peek through the glass and see Jimmy drumming the intro!!! I was like 35 feet away from the guy, if that!! I just stood there in awe, not believing how lucky I was. I love small venues.

DeviousJ
06-08-2006, 10:48 AM

So he's a respected session musician who's high in demand, and he's often brought in to replace musicians who suck? MAN WHAT A BITCH HE MUST SUCK HARD

zsp77
06-08-2006, 11:03 AM
So he's a respected session musician who's high in demand, and he's often brought in to replace musicians who suck? MAN WHAT A BITCH HE MUST SUCK HARD

In some respects he's a respected musician, but in others (like the lack of respect he receives overall due to his whore drummer status) he hasn't a single shred of it! And yeah, even after your sarcasm he's still a bitch! Thanks for the next entry into your predictable zsp77 contradictions log! But seriously, are you really this biased and narrow minded in real life, or is it just your zsp77 goggles?

ChristHimself!
06-08-2006, 11:05 AM
I was like 35 feet away from the guy, if that!! I just stood there in awe, not believing how lucky I was. I love small venues.

Maybe you should have gone to see JCC play!!!!!

tcm
06-08-2006, 11:13 AM
In some respects he's a respected musician, but in others (like the lack of respect he receives overall due to his whore drummer status) he hasn't a single shred of it! And yeah, even after your sarcasm he's still a bitch! Thanks for the next entry into your predictable zsp77 contradictions log! But seriously, are you really this biased and narrow minded in real life, or is it just your zsp77 goggles?
he's respected and not respected at all? contradictions, you say?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!???!?!??!!??!?!!?!????!!!!?!?

DeviousJ
06-08-2006, 11:16 AM

MY zsp77 goggles? Do zsp77 goggles make people act like morons? That would explain a lot.

'In some respects he's respected but in other respects (like his lack of respect) he hasn't a shred of respect!'

Instead of trying to do difficult stuff like thinking, how about you go back to crying about your rep points

zsp77
06-08-2006, 12:28 PM
MY zsp77 goggles? Do zsp77 goggles make people act like morons? That would explain a lot.

'In some respects he's respected but in other respects (like his lack of respect) he hasn't a shred of respect!'

Instead of trying to do difficult stuff like thinking, how about you go back to crying about your rep points

I was celebrating my - rep points. And if you had really read my post, instead of thinking the entire way through about how you were going to contradict it, you would have COMPREHENDED the message. He's respected for his musicianship, not for the whore like way he lays down the drum tracks for many a different artist. It's a simple case of how they need his services but they don't respect him personally! Are you motherfucker's so goddamned retarded that you can pull this meaning from my post? Have you ever heard of the word: ambiguity??

Maybe if you took part in the exercise of THINKING, you wouldn't be arguing with me in the first place for no damn reason!! Read and comprehend motherfuckers!

DeviousJ
06-08-2006, 01:02 PM
I was celebrating my - rep points. And if you had really read my post, instead of thinking the entire way through about how you were going to contradict it, you would have COMPREHENDED the message. He's respected for his musicianship, not for the whore like way he lays down the drum tracks for many a different artist. It's a simple case of how they need his services but they don't respect him personally! Are you motherfucker's so goddamned retarded that you can pull this meaning from my post? Have you ever heard of the word: ambiguity??

Maybe if you took part in the exercise of THINKING, you wouldn't be arguing with me in the first place for no damn reason!! Read and comprehend motherfuckers!

Hahaha holy shit

zsp you are one CRAZY dude

tcm
06-08-2006, 01:04 PM
And if you had really read my post, instead of thinking the entire way through about how you were going to contradict it, you would have COMPREHENDED the message.

Maybe if you took part in the exercise of THINKING, you wouldn't be arguing with me in the first place for no damn reason!!
so, WAIT, he WAS thinking, AND he WASN'T thinking? contradictions, INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeviousJ
06-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Come on man, it's plainly obvious what he meant from his ambiguity

Ugly
06-08-2006, 01:15 PM
from now on, I'm ending every post I do with "Read and comprehend, motherfuckers!"

zsp77
06-08-2006, 01:24 PM
from now on, I'm ending every post I do with "Read and comprehend, motherfuckers!"

:rofl:

Luke de Spa
06-08-2006, 04:33 PM
zsp77 if you hate us and the pumpkins so much why don't you fuck off to a white stripes forum

TheEdgeboy
06-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Josh Freeze is another blowhard who doesnt know shit about The Smashing Pumpkins.

tcm
06-08-2006, 11:00 PM
The Eggboy is another windbag who doesnt know shit about The Vandals.

zsp77
06-08-2006, 11:13 PM
zsp77 if you hate us and the pumpkins so much why don't you fuck off to a white stripes forum

Listen, dickhead, I may be a lot of things, but I am not Pumpkins hater! I am one of the biggest fans on this site, if not the biggest. I take it as my own personal mission to counteract the Pumpkins haters that permeate this forum. Get the shit straight, I love the Smashing Pumpkins.

Dems's fightin' words!!!!!!!!!

TheEdgeboy
06-08-2006, 11:27 PM
hey tcm, I resent what you say about me... Im not an Egg. Blowhard at times, but definately not an Egg.

tcm
06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
"i may be a lot of things, but i am not Pumpkins hater."
- Hitler, 1965

tcm
06-08-2006, 11:30 PM
"chill... out!"
- Josh Freeze, 1997

TheEdgeboy
06-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Hitler- 1965?

:think:

davin
06-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I saw MSOTS at the Aragon in Chi town and man did that show fucking rock. I was absolutely freaking out up in the balcony.

cool, me too. i was on the floor. but to be honest, i have to say, the milwuakee eagles ballroom show was better. so was the jam at the end of MSOTS.

Esty
06-09-2006, 08:57 AM
The aragon Zwan show sucked. I went to 3of 5 of the metro five night stand, 3 double door shows and countless other zwan shows and the aragon show was just awful.

tcm
06-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Hitler- 1965?

:think:
little known fact!

e10sc
06-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Brush up on that history, the quote was clearly said by JFK in 1991.