View Full Version : so when i left the hospital yesterday afternoon

Deleted_User
05-31-2006, 10:08 PM
they gave me a pamphlet on how to quit smoking cigarettes. despite that everytime i was asked if i smoked, i said 'no'.

i think they were profiling me by my long hair.

Karl Connor
05-31-2006, 10:11 PM
they should have pamphlets on quitting internet forums

MajesticFlow
05-31-2006, 10:11 PM
it's the new fad. i'm from brazil and when I came to the states it was such a pleasant surprise that i didn't have to breathe in smoke everywhere i went. in brazil, you can smoke ANYWHERE.

Deleted_User
05-31-2006, 10:16 PM
i'll admit when i was a smoker, it was very nice to be able to sit down in denny's and fire one up after a grand slam breakfast while i finished my coffee. But anybody complaining about "smoker's rights" should probably go sit in the non-shitting-and-pissing section of a swimming pool to see what it feels like.

JokeyLoki
05-31-2006, 10:23 PM
they should have pamphlets on quitting internet forums

Or maybe, you know, drugs....

Deleted_User
05-31-2006, 10:24 PM
i already quit.

Deleted_User
05-31-2006, 10:25 PM
though i asked if they had any literature about quitting marijuana.

the nurse laughed at me and asked if i was kidding.

Karl Connor
05-31-2006, 10:25 PM
conversely i hate when i light one up and anybody w. in 3 feet radius acts like they're just going to DIE

even when i was a non-smoker i never thought it to be some horrid toxic haze. it wasn't pleasant, but not horrible

Deleted_User
05-31-2006, 10:26 PM
i dont mind it either, but i can wholly imagine how someone could see it as being more than simply "unpleasant". it's literally an invasion of personal space.

Karl Connor
05-31-2006, 10:29 PM
inside defintely. i usually wont even smoke in smoking sections of a restaurant unless its in another room altoghether

i dunno about outside though. it dissipates pretty fast. seems like you'd have to be blowing it in their face or something ... but i'm an avid smoker so i guess i have no say

Floppy Nono
05-31-2006, 10:32 PM
in my state they totally banned smoking in all public places INCLUDING resturants and bars...like people go into bars to be healthy

MajesticFlow
05-31-2006, 10:56 PM
in florida too. it's absolutely ridiculous

Floppy Nono
05-31-2006, 11:02 PM
at the bars around here they let everyone smoke anyway and just ask that they contribute five or ten dollars to a pool and they use it to pay off the fine they get when they're caught with people smoking

Voice Implodes
05-31-2006, 11:09 PM
i'll admit when i was a smoker, it was very nice to be able to sit down in denny's and fire one up after a grand slam breakfast while i finished my coffee. But anybody complaining about "smoker's rights" should probably go sit in the non-shitting-and-pissing section of a swimming pool to see what it feels like.

i agree with this post 100%

Nate the Grate
05-31-2006, 11:35 PM
at a concert a couple of months ago, the douchebags directly in front of me kept lighting up cigarettes. I mean, I guess smoking pot at a concert is one thing, but cigarettes??? and several of them??? we politely asked them to stop a few times, because since we were packed in so tightly the smoke was becoming unbearable, and then finally some big dude next to them shoved one of them, and they moved someplace else. that sucked a lot.

so in summary, stop smoking you smoker douchebags.

D.
05-31-2006, 11:36 PM
conversely i hate when i light one up and anybody w. in 3 feet radius acts like they're just going to DIE

even when i was a non-smoker i never thought it to be some horrid toxic haze. it wasn't pleasant, but not horrible
i love the smell of certain cigarettes, even though i don't smoke.

Eulogy
05-31-2006, 11:43 PM
I was never bothered at all by cigarette smoke. in fact, i kind of liked it. and i think that's really why i started smoking. but i realize some people don't like it, so i am generally a very polite smoker. if i am eating with non-smokers, i'll put the ashtray next to me and be careful to blow it away from everyone. seems like common courtesy.

Deleted_User
05-31-2006, 11:46 PM
i started smoking.what the fuck. why? did you really think it would fix your chronic squareness?

Luke de Spa
05-31-2006, 11:47 PM
I was never bothered at all by cigarette smoke. in fact, i kind of liked it. and i think that's really why i started smoking. but i realize some people don't like it, so i am generally a very polite smoker. if i am eating with non-smokers, i'll put the ashtray next to me and be careful to blow it away from everyone. seems like common courtesy.
that's not polite

going outside to smoke would be polite

GlasgowKiss
05-31-2006, 11:49 PM
I LIKE SMOKE BECAUSE I USED TO GO OUT TO THE GARAGE WHEN MY FATHER SMOKED BECAUSE I GOT AWAY FROM MY MOTHER, AND THUS I ASSOCIATED BEING AWAY FROM MY MOTHER WITH THE SCENT OF SMOKE.

BUT NOW MY DAD IS AN ALCOHOLIC EX-SMOKER SO I ASSOCIATE QUITTING SMOKING WITH BEING A FUCKING MISERABLE BASTARD.

GlasgowKiss
05-31-2006, 11:50 PM
I SMOKE WHEN IT WILL GIVE ME A GOOD KICK, IE, WHEN IM DRUNK, LOL.

Mo
06-01-2006, 01:32 AM
I mean, I guess smoking pot at a concert is one thing, but cigarettes??? and several of them???

What concert? :Skeptical

ChristHimself!
06-01-2006, 03:11 AM
if i am eating with non-smokers, i'll put the ashtray next to me and be careful to blow it away from everyone.

While they're eating? If you did that to me while I was eating I would break your kneecaps and then make you eat all the cigarettes you had left.

My boyfriend knows not to smoke while I'm eating anymore.

I SMOKE WHEN IT WILL GIVE ME A GOOD KICK, IE, WHEN IM DRUNK, LOL.

*high five*

ammy
06-01-2006, 11:17 AM
i was a smoker. i can not stand being near a person smoking, it stinks and makes me gag.

Eulogy
06-01-2006, 11:40 AM
While they're eating? If you did that to me while I was eating I would break your kneecaps and then make you eat all the cigarettes you had left.

My boyfriend knows not to smoke while I'm eating anymore.

*high five*
Before I light a cigarette, I will ask if it bothers them. if they say yes, i don't smoke.

Eulogy
06-01-2006, 11:41 AM
...but just because it doesn't bother them doesn't mean i have the right to blow it in their face. I don't even like being enveloped in smoke from my own cigarette.

Eulogy
06-01-2006, 11:42 AM
what the fuck. why? did you really think it would fix your chronic squareness?

who said i was a square?

and i smoke because i like it