View Full Version : sad to say that the majority of SP fans have no respect for SP (band/members)

benedictvs
05-23-2006, 07:34 AM
what fans give is what fans get...
if you give all but respect then a band won't last that long, nor it will stay in close contact with fans...
just take bands like beatles, queen, r.e.m. or other "similar" acts, they always had a solid, positive, trustful and respectful fan base, some of which even resulted in collaborations (in videos, meet&greet, secret shows, etc...), the result has that they last much more than others (except for those who experienced problems...)
i think this make sense, what d'u think?

divine greetings

Esty
05-23-2006, 08:37 AM
If thats the case they never would have broken up you fucking retard. Go play in traffic.

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 08:39 AM
I have respect for smashing pumpkins, the original smashing pumpkins. Fuck billy corgan and his puppets.

mistle
05-23-2006, 09:02 AM
billy has no respect for sp. i'd rather have zwan back than sp with random wieners filling in for james and d'arcy

scorched_zero
05-23-2006, 09:03 AM
the people on this board are not represenative of the entire fan base. don't forget that.

Kahlo
05-23-2006, 09:46 AM
the people on this board are not represenative of the entire fan base. don't forget that.

I agree. Don't judge everyone by a few people who constantly bad mouth corgan and vice versa.

benedictvs
05-23-2006, 10:09 AM
I agree. Don't judge everyone by a few people who constantly bad mouth corgan and vice versa.

in fact i didn't mean the people from this board, but the majority of the entire fan base... wasn't clear?

benedictvs
05-23-2006, 10:10 AM
this thread is as shit as Billy corgan.

not as shit as your avatar...

Ramdust
05-23-2006, 10:22 AM
It doesn't bother me, really. If SP were like the Beatles or CSN, where there were multiple crucial songwriters, sure, I would respect the original lineup more. Or even if they were like Floyd: one main songwriter, but a vital singer/guitarist in addition.

Honestly, Billy and Jimmy represent 90% of the original Pumpkins. I wouldn't even want to see D'arcy on stage with the Pumpkins, considering her likely state, not to mention she was the 4th most talented member of the group.

It would be nice to see James back, but they will more than manage without him.

Billy wrote, practically, all the songs, so if he wants to reform SP to play his songs again, that's his prerogative.

P.S.

The Beatles fanbase was not always solid, positive, trustful and respectful. There were many tumultuous times, including "We're bigger than Jesus", the breakups, seclusion, etc.

JokeyLoki
05-23-2006, 10:51 AM
I have respect for smashing pumpkins, the original smashing pumpkins. Fuck billy corgan and his puppets.

I agree with this statement.

CrabbMan
05-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Honestly, Billy and Jimmy represent 90% of the original Pumpkins.

I think you're giving Jimmy way too much credit. He is good, but he had to be or Billy would never have let him in the band. He would have taken a drum machine over a shitty drummer. But it was James that let Billy go from the Marked to the Pumpkins.

With regards to the original post, fuck off, your thread sucks.

Ramdust
05-23-2006, 11:08 AM
I think you're giving Jimmy way too much credit. He is good, but he had to be or Billy would never have let him in the band.

He let D'arcy in the band! I don't think you realize how good Jimmy really is. Billy was lucky to find a drummer as talented as Jimmy, as early as he did. I always knew Jimmy was great, then I saw him at a drum clinic a few years ago... :eek:

Future Boy
05-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Fuck billy corgan and his puppets.

Otherwise known as the "original smashing pumpkins"

duovamp
05-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Jimmy is to the Pumpkins as Mike Portnoy is to Dream Theater. The drums brought to the table by Jimmy are a very essential part of the S.P. sound. James's guitar could be played by anybody with a knowledge of scales, and D'Arcy's bass could be played by a thirteen-year-old. I have yet to see the importance of James and D'Arcy in the recording studio.

Billy and Jimmy get actual respect from me, as for James and D'Arcy... they just happen to be in my favorite band, by chance.

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
The only reason jimmy gets respect from you is cos billy respects him. James rocks, and you better not forget it you fucking cock sucker.

EDIT: Tee hee.

Floppy Nono
05-23-2006, 11:28 AM
i don't have any respect for either d'arcy or james because they brought about the end to the original smashing pumpkins (less so for james...atleast he can play his instrument competently) and im sorry to anyone who thinks they need to have all four original members to make pumpkins music (which billy wrote) or have that pumpkins sound (which billy crafted)...if anything having the four members back... to me that will only cause the pumpkins to become a bit of a novelty act...i just want to hear the music again

Shawn Osmond
05-23-2006, 11:32 AM
in fact i didn't mean the people from this board, but the majority of the entire fan base... wasn't clear?

You are 100% correct that SP fans truly don't respect this legendary band. However, you kind of have to stop and psycho-analyze the reasons for that. You have to understand that alot of SP fans, including alot from this board, don't have respect for much of anything, let alone SP. Starting with the early band days from say 1990 on, most SP fans have originated from broken families in filthy, drug-infested urban areas and inner suburbs of large cities. They never had the chance to learn respect like some of us did...not from home, not from school, not anywhere. But alot of them did find their way to the internet, as you see here on Netphoria.

To be fair, though, you always have to agree that Billy Corgan in turn doesn't show respect for really anything in the music business (that he didn't create himself). He respects SP to the extent of the work that he himself put into it.

But then there's the other side of the coin. He doesn't respect: the two current MIA members of the band, he didnt respect Jimmy enough ten years ago to hold off for a bit while the man got treatment, he doesnt respect news reporters, managers, or record labels as we saw during the Adore and Machina eras. All those people...from Virgin Records, Q management, Sharon Osbourne management, magazine interviewers....they all assisted in one way or another in helping to either promote or distribute the band on an international level, and in the end he pissed on all of them as if he could have done it without them. And he even screwed Zwan fans when he cancelled the entire '03 summer tour because he suddenly decided that his band was immoral.

So there's alot of disrespecting on both sides. And it's sad because it's not necessary. Look at Chili Peppers...there's mutual respect there between the fans and the band. There wasnt a mass exodus of their fan base when they made that record with Navarro. And their records still hit #1 on Billboard. And Anthony and Flea arent hiding on Myspace blogs telling everyone about this great apocalyptic event that they have in store for us, and then only hear about them when they show up in airport restrooms. They just bring the music.

It's not just RHCP, but there's alot of great country music bands that have lasted for decades because of the mutual respect factor. It's time that Billy and SP fans take a lesson from those guys...

Floppy Nono
05-23-2006, 11:38 AM
But then there's the other side of the coin. He doesn't respect: the two current MIA members of the band, he didnt respect Jimmy enough ten years ago to hold off for a bit while the man got treatment,

they were trying to teach jimmy a lesson...you dont think billy tried to help him with his problem before the OD? sometimes it just takes a little tough love

duovamp
05-23-2006, 11:39 AM
You are 100% correct that SP fans truly don't respect this legendary band. However, you kind of have to stop and psycho-analyze the reasons for that. You have to understand that alot of SP fans, including alot from this board, don't have respect for much of anything, let alone SP. Starting with the early band days from say 1990 on, most SP fans have originated from broken families in filthy, drug-infested urban areas and inner suburbs of large cities. They never had the chance to learn respect like some of us did...not from home, not from school, not anywhere. But alot of them did find their way to the internet, as you see here on Netphoria.

Exactly right. You have to think about who the SP fans really are, then you understand why a common group of people would like the same band. These aren't the kind of people to pour devotion and love into something that has scorned them time and time again.

slanky
05-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Jimmy is to the Pumpkins as Mike Portnoy is to Dream Theater.

:rofl:

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I disagree with all the negativity towards james.

Floppy Nono
05-23-2006, 11:45 AM
he brought about the pumpkins ending...i dont

duovamp
05-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Maybe if Iha put out another painfully homoerotic solo album I'd change my opinion about him.

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Maybe if Iha put out another painfully homoerotic solo album I'd change my opinion about him.

Yeh, cos billy's album was totally awesome.

he brought about the pumpkins ending...i dont

Well, to be fair, billy is a total jackass. I'm sure it was more along the lines of "I really don't feel like working with him anymore. I've made my millions and i'm getting the fuck out of here".

Floppy Nono
05-23-2006, 11:52 AM
and that brought about the ending of the pumpkins...case in point...billy may be an asshole but what is james without the pumpkins? that other guitarist in APC who they let make dance remixes of a few of their songs for spare change?

duovamp
05-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeh, cos billy's album was totally awesome.

I liked TFE, but regardless it was far superior to Iha's gay-sex festival. Iha should have called his album "A Neutron Star of Homosexuality"

Corgan Rules
05-23-2006, 11:53 AM

Then is you feel that way about Billy, then WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE??? Get the fuck out of here if you aren't a fan!!!!! You are a fake ass fan!!!!

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 11:56 AM
James, without the pumpkins, has all his integrity in tact, where billy, without the pumpkins, will stop at nothing to keep the limelight on his failing career. It's merely a difference of opinion, but i don't feel comfortable with SP2 not including the original members.

Then is you feel that way about Billy, then WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE??? Get the fuck out of here if you aren't a fan!!!!! You are a fake ass fan!!!!

I'm not a fan of billy corgan. I'm here for the "smashing pumpkins" half of the "smashing pumpkins/billy corgan" discussion. Altho, that's not really why i'm here. I come here when i'm bored. Is that such a crime?

Please do not inc.lude me in your silly rants, you subpar human-being.

Floppy Nono
05-23-2006, 11:59 AM
James, without the pumpkins, has all his integrity in tact, where billy, without the pumpkins, will stop at nothing to keep the limelight on his failing career. It's merely a difference of opinion, but i don't feel comfortable with SP2 not including the original members.

haha i dont see how having a career post pumpkins is stopping at nothing to keep in the limelight...and if anything the fact that he wont play pumpkins songs when he isn't in the pumpkins is a great example of his integrity both for himself and the band but you are right...this will always be a matter of opinion but either way i just wan't to hear some new songs

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 12:00 PM
I meant more along the lines of making zwan and failing, going solo and failing, and then resorting to the only thing he could think of.

duovamp
05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Corgan is a musician.

Cool As Ice Cream
05-23-2006, 12:02 PM
I disagree with the negativity towards D'arcy. The whole crackwhore-that-is-unable-to-play-a-bass myth. I don't believe it.

Floppy Nono
05-23-2006, 12:03 PM
I meant more along the lines of making zwan and failing, going solo and failing, and then resorting to the only thing he could think of.

but in the zwan and his solo he was doing everything to contain himself or push himself into a different way of song writing and that's why he failed...he could have just went around like dennis deyoung playing the music of styx forever right off the bat and put out a whole album of pumpkins music but he didn't...

besides i still think secretly one or both of the othr two are in the band and he's just doing this to make it a big surprise when they show up together for the first show

Floppy Nono
05-23-2006, 12:03 PM
I disagree with the negativity towards D'arcy. The whole crackwhore-that-is-unable-to-play-a-bass myth. I don't believe it.

the sound of her playing disagrees with your statement sir

duovamp
05-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Haven't you seen the video of her getting a drug test that showed up negative for crack after which she immediately pulled out two six string basses and wailed on them for half an hour?

Cool As Ice Cream
05-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Haven't you seen the video of her getting a drug test that showed up negative for crack after which she immediately pulled out two six string basses and wailed on them for half an hour?
Exactly!

Floppy Nono
05-23-2006, 12:08 PM
more or less i dislike d'arcy because on most of the songs her bass lines are neither interesting nor original...that's why i don't see her as a needed member...if anything why not as a consultant? i can see james and d'arcy not wanting to be in but still being involved with the direction of the band in a way

duovamp
05-23-2006, 12:12 PM
"Alright guys, here's the new line-up. Me, singing and guitar. Iha, back-up-me. Jimmy, drums. MADM, you're D'Arcy. D'Arcy, you're a consultant. Now lets go rock some souls!" - Billy Corgan, May 23 2006

Esty
05-23-2006, 12:59 PM
i don't have any respect for either d'arcy or james because they brought about the end to the original smashing pumpkins (less so for james...atleast he can play his instrument competently) and im sorry to anyone who thinks they need to have all four original members to make pumpkins music (which billy wrote) or have that pumpkins sound (which billy crafted)...if anything having the four members back... to me that will only cause the pumpkins to become a bit of a novelty act...i just want to hear the music again

Billy alone did not craft the pumpkins sound and you will see that when sp deux comes out.

Floppy Nono
05-23-2006, 01:01 PM
ESTY! where ya been? i haven't seen hide nor hair of you aside from the who likes shit thread

Esty
05-23-2006, 01:05 PM
and if anything the fact that he wont play pumpkins songs when he isn't in the pumpkins is a great example of his integrity both for himself and the band but you are right...this will always be a matter of opinion but either way i just wan't to hear some new songs

Integrity my ass. He needs the pumpkin name to sell records. He could always play pumpkins music. Especially now that he won't have the original band back. Whats stopping him? The fact he's not in a band called the pumpkins? Thats bullshit.

He will always make music and I will always listen to it. Its just a shame he needs his band "name" back because thats all its about. The money.

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm glad we got to the bottom of this fiasco.

CrabbMan
05-23-2006, 01:26 PM
tsp would not have been as popular/known if they didn't have jimmy. without jimmy SP are nothing. james and d'arcy are puppets.

I heard a Billy Corgan album once that didn't ******* Jimmy and it was called Adore. And then later I heard this CD without James and it was called Mary Star of the Sea. Between the two, I had a preference.
But that doesn't really make a point (I believe they call that sort of logical falicy a red herring), and I don't think that there is any possible _proof_ to go one way or the other. My opinion is that James was more important to the band because he initially pushed Billy to start writing songs in such a way that they weren't shitty (you got me, I'm not a fan of the Marked). Jimmy is a powerhouse and is awesome; he brings so much energy to the music. Still, I don't think that Jimmy's drumming had the same influence as James' Jamesing (whatever the hell that means).
And as far as D'arcy is concerned, she could have been any decent bassist as long as Billy gave a half a shit about her (his? could he have a male bassist?) opinion of the band's image.
Fuck, it's not even noon and I'm already starting to sober up. And that just makes me grumpy.

Shawn Osmond
05-23-2006, 01:27 PM
they were trying to teach jimmy a lesson...you dont think billy tried to help him with his problem before the OD? sometimes it just takes a little tough love

Nope, I think that Billy felt it wasn't his responsibility to make sure Jimmy was clean, and so he did what he always does. He just stays in his own little world and hopes that everyone will follow along.

There was a considerable amount of downtime between the Euro and American legs of that tour. Billy should've taken control and fixed this shit during that time when he had the chance, instead of trying to get dates with Yelena, which is all he was doing.

Floppy Nono
05-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Nope, I think that Billy felt it wasn't his responsibility to make sure Jimmy was clean, and so he did what he always does. He just stays in his own little world and hopes that everyone will follow along.

There was a considerable amount of downtime between the Euro and American legs of that tour. Billy should've taken control and fixed this shit during that time when he had the chance, instead of trying to get dates with Yelena, which is all he was doing.

the law of the land was if you were caught with drugs or doing drugs you were off the tour incase you forget which is why melvoin was kicked out in the first place but begged his way back in...you really think billy could have made jimmy go clean without professional help? the man fucking DISAPEARED durring the siamese dream recording era for christ sake...it's not like he got caught with some weed after study hall pal

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 01:32 PM
I thought we got to the bottom of this fiasco.

Floppy Nono
05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
the machina mystery never ends

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Too true.

mistle
05-23-2006, 02:50 PM
i can't even tell the trolls from the real retards anymore

blueEyez6489
05-23-2006, 02:54 PM
i think the majority of SP fans do have respect for the band

...just none of them are in here :)

it's a rule, like in order to join netphoria you MUST be an asshole!!!

tcm
05-23-2006, 02:54 PM
just take bands like beatles, ... they always had a solid, positive, trustful and respectful fan base
so you're saying we should aspire to be more like the likes of Charles Manson, Mark David Chapman, and those fellows from Oasis?

divine greetings
and now you fancy yourself some kind of god.

Nothing/everything
05-23-2006, 03:35 PM
http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/images/filing.whistling.gif

Shawn Osmond
05-23-2006, 03:44 PM
and now you fancy yourself some kind of god.

fancy yourself? are you some kind of brit or what?

tcm
05-23-2006, 04:18 PM
looks like the web's gone worldwide.

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Impossible.

MajesticFlow
05-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Corgan IS the Smashing Pumpkins. You're in denial if you even come close to thinking otherwise.

As far as SP fans being jerks, it's only most netphorians with 1000000+ posts that are assholes (some kind of ego and immaturity thing).

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 04:27 PM
If billy corgan is the smashing pumpkins, then the smashing pumpkins fucking suck.

MajesticFlow
05-23-2006, 04:29 PM
everyone is entitled to their opinion. that's just mine.
he wrote 99.9% of the material. he is the man.

think of it this way: would you be as big a fan if james was the frontman? or darcy?

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 04:34 PM
No, but that's not the point. Billy Corgan was awesome once. Now he is a fucking douchebag. I'd still have some sort of respect for him if he released the metro dvd or the chicago songs. He just pulled this SP2 stunt because people were forgetting about him. SP2 better rock. I still have a faint glimmer of hope.

MajesticFlow
05-23-2006, 04:35 PM
you stupid n00bs who try to fit in make me sick.

How come?

Jackbox
05-23-2006, 04:36 PM
He was talking about me. Cursed lobster. I'll get joooo.

tcm
05-23-2006, 05:41 PM
pandas eat lobsters for breakfast.

but by lunchtime, lobsters have clawed their ways out of pandas' stomachs and served up panda tripe soup - a delicacy among goers of the sea.

CrabbMan
05-23-2006, 05:59 PM
there would be no adore if jimmy wasn't in the band before hand. that's the point!

if jimmy didn't join in '88 sp wouldn't have been as successful. PERIOD.

So perhaps we could at least agree that the Smashing Pumpkins probably would have never been the same band we knew and love without Jimmy OR James. Shit though, it looks like our Jamesy is not going to be joining up again (well, I actually have no info there, just be pesimistic). . . so will Billy and Jimmy and X and Y be able to carry enough of that (gag me) Pumpkins Spirit?

Travis Meeks
05-23-2006, 06:16 PM
I had an enormous amount of respect for Billy up untill Machina. The machina mystery was sickening. Then I brushed that off and got excited for Zwan, which had great potential, but in the end Billy fucked that up with his ego and horrible lyrics. Then TFE was shit. Now this new Pumpkins thing just seems like a $$$$ attempt to me.

Comparing the talent he had to the talent he now shows is simply depressing.

DeviousJ
05-23-2006, 06:35 PM
/\ yep

My opinion is that James was more important to the band because he initially pushed Billy to start writing songs in such a way that they weren't shitty

That's exactly what D'arcy's role in the band was, according to Billy

Luke de Spa
05-23-2006, 06:45 PM
so you're saying we should aspire to be more like the likes of Charles Manson, Mark David Chapman, and those fellows from Oasis?
you're forgetting a certain h_____

Corganist
05-23-2006, 06:45 PM
What I don't understand is the way people have suddenly decided just in these past couple years that Billy is so much of a jerk that he doesn't deserve respect anymore. I mean, the guy has always rubbed people the wrong way through the years, and no one held it against him until he put out an album or two that people didn't quite dig. If you all don't like the music he's putting out these days, that's fine and dandy. But I don't understand why so many people feel like they have to accompany that dislike of the music with this bile and hatred towards Billy as though he just turned into an asshole all the sudden. He's always pissed people off. He's always done and said questionable things. Some of them work amazingly, and (more recently) some of them bite him on the ass...but its just Billy being Billy.

Luke de Spa
05-23-2006, 06:46 PM
to the best of my knowledge he never endorsed "psychic" charlatans' self-help books until 2004

Corgan Rules
05-23-2006, 06:51 PM

I'm not a fan of billy corgan. I'm here for the "smashing pumpkins" half of the "smashing pumpkins/billy corgan" discussion. Altho, that's not really why i'm here. I come here when i'm bored. Is that such a crime?

Please do not inc.lude me in your silly rants, you subpar human-being.

There's nothing wrong with you coming here when you are bored, but just stop talking shit about Billy for nothing. He is and was the pumpkins...like it or not. Please don't tell me that you think Iha or Darcy contributed to the band, cause they didn't do shit!

James has his integrity? You sure? He is a yes sir person. He is an order taker....that's all he is. He is no one now and he was so lucky to get a chance to be in such a great band. So he ruins it by crying and being a baby and making the band break up. He is a fuckin pussy! You mark my word, he won't do anything with the rest of his career that is special. He is a loser!!! How can you not see that?

Corgan Rules
05-23-2006, 06:53 PM

Bullshit! Some of his best music was on those 2 cds. Some of the fans failed on him and definitely the public and the media. I don't really care what they think, the bottom line is that those were 2 good cds.

Corgan Rules
05-23-2006, 06:57 PM
but in the zwan and his solo he was doing everything to contain himself or push himself into a different way of song writing and that's why he failed...he could have just went around like dennis deyoung playing the music of styx forever right off the bat and put out a whole album of pumpkins music but he didn't...

besides i still think secretly one or both of the othr two are in the band and he's just doing this to make it a big surprise when they show up together for the first show

I agree with you on Zwan and his solo cd. He could have made 10 siamese dream cds or an album on what is popular at the moment. He doesn't do that shit. He is an innovator and not everyone realizes it and see it. Hell, half of his fans don't even see it sadly enough. He is WAY UNDERRATED!!!

Corgan Rules
05-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Integrity my ass. He needs the pumpkin name to sell records. He could always play pumpkins music. Especially now that he won't have the original band back. Whats stopping him? The fact he's not in a band called the pumpkins? Thats bullshit.

He will always make music and I will always listen to it. Its just a shame he needs his band "name" back because thats all its about. The money.

It's sad how fans and the media don't like him when he goes solo though. He tried to go away from the name and it back fired on him. He doesn't need the pumpkins name if all these fans liked the new music and stopped bitching all the damn time about how his new music sucks!

transluscent
05-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Some of the fans failed on him and definitely the public and the media.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

transluscent
05-23-2006, 07:03 PM
It's sad how fans and the media don't like him when he goes solo though. He tried to go away from the name and it back fired on him. He doesn't need the pumpkins name if all these fans liked the new music and stopped bitching all the damn time about how his new music sucks!
so his going away from SP backfired because people didn't like his music?

most people like music because it contains pleasing chords, harmony, or lyrics.*

*i make no claim as to myself liking or disliking the recent work, or to whether it is good or not

DeviousJ
05-23-2006, 07:03 PM

Maybe if he stopped making music that sucked the fans would like it

wHATcOLOR
05-23-2006, 07:05 PM
i respect Jimmy

Luke de Spa
05-23-2006, 07:05 PM
James . . . is an order taker....that's all he is. . . . So he ruins it by . . . making the band break up.
heh

transluscent
05-23-2006, 07:06 PM
so, who ordered james to join APC? MACHINA MYSTERY!!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Travis Meeks
05-23-2006, 07:06 PM
hey lee, what are you doing over here in these parts?

DeviousJ
05-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey dude, I often mosey over here for some entertainment. It's like a circus, or modern-day freakshow

Chambertrain
05-23-2006, 10:12 PM
i think the majority of SP fans do have respect for the band

...just none of them are in here :)

it's a rule, like in order to join netphoria you MUST be an asshole!!!

Find me a respectful and popular Forum, and I'll gladly leave.

tcm
05-23-2006, 10:15 PM
HITLER SKITLER, banananananana

Effloresce
05-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Corgan IS the Smashing Pumpkins. You're in denial if you even come close to thinking otherwise.
So where does Jimmy fit into all of this? Billy knew he was missing something crucial in 1998, he couldn't have possibly went on any longer without Jimmy.

Jimmy has also had a lot of influence on how songs would be played initially, or by means of a revision.

MajesticFlow
05-24-2006, 12:13 AM
I would say it's more for the live act than actual studio (as far as bringing jimmy back in 99). That's just my opinion.
Face it, the songs are 10x better live and it can only help to have a powerful drummer.

MajesticFlow
05-24-2006, 12:14 AM
oh

MajesticFlow
05-24-2006, 12:14 AM
well

wHATcOLOR
05-24-2006, 12:16 AM
MajesticFlow, i think i may have told you this before, but i like your username because for me it conjures images of golden showers

DeviousJ
05-24-2006, 02:20 AM
Find me a respectful and popular Forum, and I'll gladly leave.

http://www.blamonet.com/vb/

Starla
05-24-2006, 02:54 AM
to the best of my knowledge he never endorsed "psychic" charlatans' self-help books until 2004

Didn't he talk about seeing a psychic on "Storytellers".

Starla
05-24-2006, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by benedictvs
just take bands like beatles, ... they always had a solid, positive, trustful and respectful fan base

He had some crazy people who were fans. Charles Manson believed the White Album was written for him.

ZEROpumpkins
05-24-2006, 03:29 AM
He had some crazy people who were fans. Charles Manson believed the White Album was written for him.
That Manson guy really cracks me up.

Chambertrain
05-24-2006, 05:44 AM

Nice try, but looks too gay, kinda what you look like. And not so popular, and maybe i should have added decent.

ChristHimself!
05-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Nice try, but looks too gay, kinda what you look like. And not so popular, and maybe i should have added decent.

try stormfront.org's forum

DeviousJ
05-24-2006, 08:20 AM

Seriously, it's your kind of place

tcm
05-24-2006, 08:24 AM
can't you see it's indecent? like what you look like.

Ugly
05-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Why should I respect the members of the Smashing Pumpkins? I give *them* money for entertainment. If anything, they should respect me.

duovamp
05-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Why should I respect the members of the Smashing Pumpkins? I give *them* money for entertainment. If anything, they should respect me.

:banging: Bam.

Travis Meeks
05-24-2006, 06:41 PM
true...I don't owe Bill a thing

KAT
05-24-2006, 07:55 PM
hahaahahahahah this thread is awesome

Floppy Nono
05-24-2006, 08:09 PM
awesome like some sweet apple pie with ice cream!!

i don't know where this thread is going/went to....either way...who likes apple pie and ice cream?

and yeah...post 666 has to be about fucking apple pie and ice cream...DEAL WITH IT OR DAMN YOUR EYES!!

RenewRevive
05-25-2006, 10:58 AM

:eek: They let Brits on here! :eek:

RenewRevive
05-25-2006, 11:00 AM

But was he wrong?

Discuss.

duovamp
05-25-2006, 11:13 AM
But was he wrong?

Discuss.

He was correct. :beatup:

pete
05-25-2006, 01:26 PM
James is not a puppet! He proved that with 'Let it Come Down'.

Kahlo
05-25-2006, 03:29 PM
No he proved that the best he could do was sub-par, and that SP didn't really need him.

Kahlo
05-25-2006, 03:30 PM
No he proved that the best he could do was sub-par, and that SP didn't really need him.

Corgan Rules
05-26-2006, 03:17 AM
Maybe if he stopped making music that sucked the fans would like it

What are you talking about ? You are negative! Billy has put out too much amazing work for you to say that shit. How can you complain with his work compared to other artists? Billy kicks all their asses! He hasn't made one bad album so far, and that's awesome!!

Corgan Rules
05-26-2006, 03:19 AM
So where does Jimmy fit into all of this? Billy knew he was missing something crucial in 1998, he couldn't have possibly went on any longer without Jimmy.

Jimmy has also had a lot of influence on how songs would be played initially, or by means of a revision.

True, but also remember Adore. HIs best album (Adore) was made without Jimmy. Jimmy is amazing though.

Corgan Rules
05-26-2006, 03:20 AM

Absolutely correct!! Winner!!

DeviousJ
05-27-2006, 01:01 AM
What are you talking about ? You are negative! Billy has put out too much amazing work for you to say that shit. How can you complain with his work compared to other artists? Billy kicks all their asses! He hasn't made one bad album so far, and that's awesome!!

Correct! He made two bad albums.

Kahlo
05-27-2006, 03:05 AM
Absolutely correct!! Winner!!

I love you Corgan Rules :love:

selection7
05-27-2006, 04:27 AM
You can't watch all those old interviews and articles without understanding Billy cared *deeply* about Jimmy. At the time, the Pumpkins kicked Jimmy out of the group as a wake up call, to save his life and get him out of the crazy rock star lifestyle that was killing him. It worked (and seems to have worked 3 years later with D'arcy...though that may have been more consentual).

Although Billy has said if he had it to do over again he'd just wait it out while Jimmy got help, remember, that's from the perspective of several years later when Jimmy was sober. So later he's feeling confident enough that he's wondering, hmmm, kicking Jimmy out and continuing w/o him was the worst thing I could have done for the Pumpkins...maybe if I could do it again, I'd just postpone the tour while he got cleaned up. But Jimmy had been to rehab before and had been a hardcore drug user for years at that point, with so many second chances and so much worrying on the part of the other Pumpkins that at the time (1996), Billy felt getting rid of Jimmy was the last resort. Since it was semi-perminent (they didn't tell Jimmy they planned on bringing him back), Corgan wasn't just gonna let the band rot for two years...so he eventually continued the tour and made Adore.

I read alot of silliness in this topic that I could shrug off, but let's please not spin that whole 1996 overdose thing into "Billy was being selfish". That's just stuipid. Remeber, a young man died that day. As a previous post said, it's not like Jimmy was caught with a dimebag.

Kahlo
05-28-2006, 05:15 AM
I read alot of silliness in this topic that I could shrug off, but let's please not spin that whole 1996 overdose thing into "Billy was being selfish". That's just stuipid. Remeber, a young man died that day. .

I concur. Stop being stuipid you damn bunch of Billy hating retards.

Jackbox
05-28-2006, 05:35 AM
Really now. Billy Corgan eats dick.

Jackbox
05-28-2006, 05:35 AM
I wonder if he reads this board and cries into his little pink diary.

pistol pete
05-28-2006, 12:50 PM

AMEN!

I respect what the Smashing Pumpkins were. Not Billy Corgan whining all over the place, and now trying to produce an album using the name of the smashing pumpkins, without any respect towards the band's history or the members.

FUCK YOU BILLY ! You're not the Smashing Pumpkins, if you have not noticed, YOU HAVE FAILED MISERABLY AT EVERYTHING YOU'VE TRIED since the four original members split up.

so once again, FUCK YOU BILLY.

MajesticFlow
05-28-2006, 01:02 PM
AMEN!

I respect what the Smashing Pumpkins were. Not Billy Corgan whining all over the place, and now trying to produce an album using the name of the smashing pumpkins, without any respect towards the band's history or the members.

FUCK YOU BILLY ! You're not the Smashing Pumpkins, if you have not noticed, YOU HAVE FAILED MISERABLY AT EVERYTHING YOU'VE TRIED since the four original members split up.

so once again, FUCK YOU BILLY.

Why are you on this board? This IS a Smashing Pumpkins board after all... get your priorities straight my nigga.

pistol pete
05-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Why are you on this board? This IS a Smashing Pumpkins board after all... get your priorities straight my nigga.

Hey MajesticBlow, you're so damn stupid. Did you see what you wrote? I was defending the smashing pumpkins and attacking Billy's abuse of the band's name and the members. Did you notice that you totally contradicted yourself? Stop smoking weed nigga ya losin' it.

Ugly
05-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Since it was semi-perminent (they didn't tell Jimmy they planned on bringing him back), Corgan wasn't just gonna let the band rot for two years...so he eventually continued the tour and made Adore.

I don't buy they planned from the start to bring JC back. That's too Machina was planned from the beginning mystery BS. I think Adore's reaction, and maybe hearing how Chamberlin was doing drug wise, was probably the factors.