View Full Version : Siamese Dream Box Set?

unperson81
01-20-2003, 09:35 PM
I bought a Wooden painted "special edition" version of Siamese Dream that comes in a decorative wooden cover that has the two girls faces for like $20 bucks 1997 or 1998. Does anybody know if this is official or not? I think its pretty cool and will keep it even if it isn't but I haven't been able to find a discography with it on there. Can anybody help me out?

Jaggie
01-20-2003, 10:02 PM
It's a bootleg.

memories_unwind
01-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Most of them sold on eBay are fake...but this edition does exist.

Junebug
01-20-2003, 10:54 PM
i always thought it was fake but then someone told me it was real. I can't imagine that to be true though since noone ever really talks about it....hmmm :think:

MonteLDS
01-20-2003, 11:22 PM
this box is REAL. but if you have a real one it is hard to tell. Not many real ones exist

From our source of info SPFC

The Siamese Dream Collector's Edition is a wooden box with brass hinges that contains an autographed CD copy of the album and the 1st pressing booklet. The autographs are merely stamped reproductions. There are also reports of the box commonly being sold without the CD or booklets.

Siva 2007
01-20-2003, 11:29 PM
As far as I know the real ones came with the actual Siamese Dream CD, with a stamped "autograph" on it.

Those that are sold empty are fake.

EDIT:

Note to myself: refresh window once in a while

unperson81
01-21-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by MonteLDS
this box is REAL. but if you have a real one it is hard to tell. Not many real ones exist

From our source of info SPFC

The Siamese Dream Collector's Edition is a wooden box with brass hinges that contains an autographed CD copy of the album and the 1st pressing booklet. The autographs are merely stamped reproductions. There are also reports of the box commonly being sold without the CD or booklets.

The one I have does have both the longer version of the insert and the fake autograph on the disc. I always assumed it was a fake because of the other fake box set (the aeroplane flies lower) but thanks for letting me know!

Somatose
01-21-2003, 03:14 PM
I rememeber seeing one of these for sale in a music store at my local mall back in the day ... and I aggonize over the fact that I didn't buy it almost every single day. :(

unperson81
01-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Somatose
I rememeber seeing one of these for sale in a music store at my local mall back in the day ... and I aggonize over the fact that I didn't buy it almost every single day. :(

I actually remember seeing a copy of the numbered MCIS 3 LP set at a record store while at the beach a few years back. It was $20 and didn't think to buy it because I didn't have my record player yet <smacks self in head>.

ava transformer
01-21-2003, 05:02 PM
i bought the box for like $20 bucks here in sacramento, ca last year. it has the full booklet too, but i forget if the c.d has atuographs or not....