View Full Version : complain about relationships here.

Shapan
03-19-2006, 01:41 AM
feel free, might feel better to let it all out. i might actually be sympathetic too.

me and my girlfriend recently hit the 6 months, and recently she got accepted into ucla and such. (year younger than me, im a freshman in college) we were pretty in love, and wanted to keep it going even if she got into berkley or something like that. (by the way, i think schools across the nation might've lowered their standards because of this new SAT crap) last weekend, she started questioning everything about her life, including how much she loved me. and that was pretty much my first red flag to call it off. she started asking 100 what if questions to the point where i was pretty sick. so i told her i didnt think it would work because i need a lady whos absolutely sure about this love stuff. while ive wanted to keep a friendship through it and maybe even restart once she cleared her head of her overthought issues, i think shes pissed or something because i called her a few times and she wont pick up.

fuck that, if she wants to act like a little drama queen she can call me. its a shame, i hope she gets all of this stuff worked out, i really loved the hell out of her. its really a bummer, feels like i cant breathe these days. i just want to fix everything, but i dont know how. i talked to her about everything, just feels like theres a big void now, and the only one id talk about that stuff with is her.

bornentertainer
03-19-2006, 01:57 AM
feel free, might feel better to let it all out. i might actually be sympathetic too.

me and my girlfriend recently hit the 6 months, and recently she got accepted into ucla and such. (year younger than me, im a freshman in college) we were pretty in love, and wanted to keep it going even if she got into berkley or something like that. (by the way, i think schools across the nation might've lowered their standards because of this new SAT crap) last weekend, she started questioning everything about her life, including how much she loved me. and that was pretty much my first red flag to call it off. she started asking 100 what if questions to the point where i was pretty sick. so i told her i didnt think it would work because i need a lady whos absolutely sure about this love stuff. while ive wanted to keep a friendship through it and maybe even restart once she cleared her head of her overthought issues, i think shes pissed or something because i called her a few times and she wont pick up.

fuck that, if she wants to act like a little drama queen she can call me. its a shame, i hope she gets all of this stuff worked out, i really loved the hell out of her. its really a bummer, feels like i cant breathe these days. i just want to fix everything, but i dont know how. i talked to her about everything, just feels like theres a big void now, and the only one id talk about that stuff with is her.

when did this happen? you might want to let her think about things.

anyway, if she's just going into college, her concerns are totally valid. college is a completely different phase of life. so she's not really being a "drama queen", she's being pretty realistic.

and you were the one that called it off, so don't be so surprised that she's not quick to talk to you again.

benjamin619
03-19-2006, 02:00 AM
let her eat cake.

my attempt at ann landers/pisces spaced's mom:

the decision has been made and it's time for you to stand strong by it; the relationship has changed, and the next step is recognizing it. you are indeed in a different circumstance now, so take time to think about your life, seperate from the desires of anyone else.

if you long to maintain contact with your ex., then you will have to do it on her terms. give her time, and allow her to make the pendulant decisions that are obviously weighing on her mind. eventually, she will speak to you again - but be prepared for a unfamiliarity, because she won't have sat still during the off season. thing may be rejuvenated or lost forever, such is the fabric of life.

Luke de Spa
03-19-2006, 03:11 AM
if you end relationships at the first sign of any potential trouble you deserve to die alone

Dead
03-19-2006, 03:11 AM
Relationships suck waa waa waa

wHATcOLOR
03-19-2006, 03:12 AM
you're not exactly known around here for your taste!

Luke de Spa
03-19-2006, 03:13 AM
last weekend, she started questioning everything about her life, including how much she loved me. and that was pretty much my first red flag to call it off.
seriously, this makes you look like a total prick

neopryn
i'm still in the process of destroying my shot at one. endless loneliness ahoy!

wHATcOLOR
hey shapan, play her Dudley on your ipod

Karl Connor
03-19-2006, 03:14 AM

if i ever see you or your girlfriend i will rape her in front of you and then murder her.

this is not a threat, but a promise

wHATcOLOR
is that neopryn or jonbon? i knew this was going to be an annoying move

Luke de Spa
are you going to get married neopryn

Luke de Spa
03-19-2006, 03:15 AM
is that neopryn or jonbon? i knew this was going to be an annoying move
what what what

neopryn
03-19-2006, 03:15 AM
it's me.

sleeper neg repped one of the posts he made and said "lamer than usual." i'm starting to second guess the arrangement.

neopryn
03-19-2006, 03:16 AM
are you going to get married neoprynyeah i got four free dugout seats for the proposal. i'm taking the whole harem along.

Luke de Spa
03-19-2006, 03:18 AM
fucking princess!

neopryn
03-19-2006, 03:44 AM
nate made the joke i was going to make so it would have worked out wither way.

neopryn
03-19-2006, 03:46 AM
i would like to add this though. living with your parents at 21, not going to school, having a job with only one other coworker and not having any hobbies makes it really hard to make any friends, much less find a relationship.

yes. im going to kill myself finally.

neopryn
03-19-2006, 03:49 AM
i guess thats why people get stupid hobbies after high school. like clubbin. and rock climbing.

Dead
03-19-2006, 03:49 AM
Join a club or something.

neopryn
03-19-2006, 04:02 AM
maybe i could join a club for people who like to go clubbin

Dead
03-19-2006, 04:04 AM
Clubbin sucks! But I guess it might be a good way to meet sluts.

neopryn
03-19-2006, 04:07 AM
yes, and then i can bring one back home to meet my mom and later on i'll make her gag on my cock.

Lie
Maybe you could join a club where people like to go clubbin rock climbers.

Lie
Rock climbin' sluts, let me specify.

neopryn
03-19-2006, 04:08 AM
yes, and then i can bring one back home to meet my mom and later on i'll make her gag on my cock.
i mean make the slut gag on my cock, not my mom.

actually, on second thought, the inverse doesn't sound so bad.

neopryn
03-19-2006, 04:08 AM
nate, feel free to change your password back anytime you wish.

tear stained glass
03-19-2006, 08:21 AM
i should add her on facebook and hook up with her if she's into random play. what's her name?*

<font size=1>*this is contingent on something going wrong between me and my girlfriend of almost two years whom i love very much, although sometimes she gets on my nerves and i hers.</font>

tear stained glass
03-19-2006, 08:27 AM
speaking of my girlfriend, she's a year older than i and went to uci, which is really close to where we both call home, so it wasn't a big deal during my senior year of high school. even though i haven't had a car this year at school, my parents have been pretty cool about taking me home occasionally to see her/decompress from dealing with roommates/get sandwiches and watch movies by uci, where they have the best sandwich shop and theater. so even though your ex won't have a car if she goes to ucla, things still could've worked out between you too. perhaps even more similar to your plight is that of my friend who goes to mt. st. mary's, which is just down sunset boulevard from here. her boyfriend goes to ucr and things are still quite strong between them, but they've been into each other for <i>years</i> now.

still, bornentertainer was right about college being totally different and your ex not being a drama queen.

Nimrod's Son
03-19-2006, 09:25 AM
also i'm pretty sure you're the drama queen here and she was just trying to be honest with you

laradelocke
03-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Aw. I feel bad. I have no complaints about mine. 1 and 1/3 year together and all I really want is for him is to shave his dreads off :)

Lola
03-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Sounds like a test, sounds like you failed.

Spaced Pisces
03-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Haha i caught you all

Shapan
03-19-2006, 08:30 PM
eh, to be honest all of her what ifs really pushed me telling her it wasnt going to work, and she agreed.

we talked for a bit after that, i tried to stay all peppy but it was kinda tough, then she stopped taking my calls, for what im not sure.

i dunno, i guess ill give her time off. my parents want me to tell her to go to hell, but i dont think so. i dont know what shes thinking, i wish i knew.

the most important part of a relationship is knowing that you're in love, when thats in question how can you really feel comfortable? i still want to stay friends and help her through her time, but she was the first to say that staying bf/gf probably wouldnt help her figure things out.

im still trying to fix things, but theres only so much i can do before i stop.

Nimrod's Son
03-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Haha i caught you all
what

Spaced Pisces
03-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Your were all being unreasonably mean to me, but now youre all like helping this guy out and listening what he has to say.

Nimrod's Son
03-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Your were all being unreasonably mean to me, but now youre all like helping this guy out and listening what he has to say.
i called him a drama queen

also he's not 16. giving advice to a 16 year old is useless because the relationship won't last anyway

bornentertainer
03-19-2006, 11:40 PM
eh, to be honest all of her what ifs really pushed me telling her it wasnt going to work, and she agreed.

we talked for a bit after that, i tried to stay all peppy but it was kinda tough, then she stopped taking my calls, for what im not sure.

i dunno, i guess ill give her time off. my parents want me to tell her to go to hell, but i dont think so. i dont know what shes thinking, i wish i knew.

the most important part of a relationship is knowing that you're in love, when thats in question how can you really feel comfortable? i still want to stay friends and help her through her time, but she was the first to say that staying bf/gf probably wouldnt help her figure things out.

im still trying to fix things, but theres only so much i can do before i stop.

Yeah, you just need to leave her alone for a bit and let her figure things out. Tell her that you're there if she needs to talk, but until then, she needs to sort things out on her own. If you guys are meant to be, then it will work out. College is a really different phase of life, and I don't blame her for being freaked out about things, especially since you both are so young. So yeah, just give it a little time and let her have some space. Things will work themselves out.

Shapan
03-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah, you just need to leave her alone for a bit and let her figure things out. Tell her that you're there if she needs to talk, but until then, she needs to sort things out on her own. If you guys are meant to be, then it will work out. College is a really different phase of life, and I don't blame her for being freaked out about things, especially since you both are so young. So yeah, just give it a little time and let her have some space. Things will work themselves out.

i just left her a message, and that's pretty much what i said.

god it hurts so fucking much, i have no idea what im gonna do. i have so much work for the next few days too, fucking shit. fuck finals week. i guess ill just have to deal, i let her know im there for her if she ever needs me, and i hope she just isnt trying to ditch the whole thing altogether. i miss her as my best friend right now, because i dont have anyone else i really want to talk about it with.

thanks to everyone thats tried to give any sort of substantial advice, even the stupid posts helped in making me a laugh a little.

bornentertainer
03-19-2006, 11:55 PM
i just left her a message, and that's pretty much what i said.

god it hurts so fucking much, i have no idea what im gonna do. i have so much work for the next few days too, fucking shit. fuck finals week. i guess ill just have to deal, i let her know im there for her if she ever needs me, and i hope she just isnt trying to ditch the whole thing altogether. i miss her as my best friend right now, because i dont have anyone else i really want to talk about it with.

thanks to everyone thats tried to give any sort of substantial advice, even the stupid posts helped in making me a laugh a little.

Good luck. She probably appreciates the fact that you're giving her space. I hope things work out for you.

Luke de Spa
03-19-2006, 11:59 PM
If you guys are meant to be, then it will work out.
worst advice ever http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon10.gif

if you want it to work, ffs try to make it work
fatalism only makes it easier to rationalise disappointing outcomes

bornentertainer
03-20-2006, 12:03 AM

he can't force her to see things his way. there's only so much he can do. she needs to figure out what she wants.

Shapan
03-20-2006, 12:07 AM

dude, trust me, ive tried. and ive usually had that plenty of fish in the sea mentality, the fact that ive tried so much is amazing even to me.

i feel completely helpless right now, theres really not much i can do.

Luke de Spa
03-20-2006, 12:08 AM
he can't force her to see things his way. there's only so much he can do. she needs to figure out what she wants.
all true, but what do they have to do with the inherent abdication of responsibility that comes with blaming failure on fate

Nimrod's Son
03-20-2006, 12:09 AM

actually sometimes trying is the worst thing you can do as it will only push someone further away

neopryn
03-20-2006, 12:13 AM
what's "ffs"

and why do you have finals in march

pale blue eyes
Not to pour salt in a wound but reading this thread makes me happy I'm not currently in a relationship.

Luke de Spa
sometimes delivering a baby is the worst thing you can do because it ends up killing both mother and baby

Shapan
03-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Not to pour salt in a wound but reading this thread makes me happy I'm not currently in a relationship.

i can understand this and why some people are anti-relationships. i dont think ill ever be like that, but i can see why people would be like that. i still love relationships, havent completely given up on this one(very close tho), and i think life is all about risks. this isnt the first messy breakup ive been apart of after loving a chick.

we have midterms and quarter finals. fall, winter, spring, and summer quarters. the winter quarter is about to come to an end so finals are coming up.

Nimrod's Son
03-20-2006, 12:17 AM
sometimes delivering a baby is the worst thing you can do because it ends up killing both mother and baby
thats more often associated with not delivering a baby

Nimrod's Son
03-20-2006, 12:18 AM
yeah no doubt

for me to want to put up with the daily drama someone would have to be completely unbelievable

neopryn
03-20-2006, 12:19 AM
we have midterms and quarter finals. fall, winter, spring, and summer quarters. the winter quarter is about to come to an end so finals are coming up.man that sucks

Luke de Spa
03-20-2006, 12:26 AM
thats more often associated with not delivering a baby
satori

neopryn
03-20-2006, 12:30 AM
what's "ffs"

and why do you have finals in march
"for fucks sake"

Shapan
03-20-2006, 12:39 AM
man that sucks

yeah it does, cant wait til its over with so i can have a week to try and recover and all that shit. oh and ill be able to see the strokes on saturday, the one band thats been helping me get through all the drama.

if you need help after a breakup, listening to the strokes is very helpful.

bornentertainer
03-20-2006, 12:41 AM
yeah it does, cant wait til its over with so i can have a week to try and recover and all that shit. oh and ill be able to see the strokes on saturday, the one band thats been helping me get through all the drama.

if you need help after a breakup, listening to the strokes is very helpful.

yeah I had to deal with the quarter system too, but it was rad being done with a class that totally sucked in only 10 weeks as opposed to a whole semester of it

Fonzie
03-20-2006, 12:47 AM
when did this happen? you might want to let her think about things.

anyway, if she's just going into college, her concerns are totally valid. college is a completely different phase of life. so she's not really being a "drama queen", she's being pretty realistic.

and you were the one that called it off, so don't be so surprised that she's not quick to talk to you again.

Watch "American Pie" and get some hints.

bornentertainer
03-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Watch "American Pie" and get some hints.

I saw that piece of shit movie once and that was enough, thanks.

Shapan
03-20-2006, 02:48 AM
the american pie trilogy seems to get less funny as you grow up.

now i just need to find things to keep me studying the next few days and to distract me from depression at the same time.

Nimrod's Son
03-20-2006, 03:00 AM
I saw that piece of shit movie once and that was enough, thanks.
BUT HE PUT HIS PENIS INTO A PIE

I MEAN LOL