View Full Version : act 4 bands....

a stupid name
01-17-2003, 04:41 AM
so what do you guys think? i am d/l all of them now... i hope some good bands rock our asses this year.

sarasvati
01-17-2003, 11:51 PM
My band is trying out for act 4....we're listed on the site as "Nocturnal" even though that was a tentative name...our band is now called Mystery Box. Hopefully we'll have a site up soon with more of our songs. We did a cover of Soma to try out for act 4, its still up on the site...if anyone wants a SHN of it, I have it under my file shares on the hub.

Smiley
01-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Week 1 Act IV 2003 Demos:
-Winner: Underweb Effect- "Saturnine"
-Runner-up: Mystery Box (aka Nocturnal) - "Soma"

My favorites from the first week were Saturnine by Underweb Effect, and Ugly by Student Driver. It was a close call, but in the end I had to vote for UWE. They're just a really solid band, great all around. Ugly was good though, because it was different and had cool rock chick vocals.

I haven't downloaded the current ones yet though... I will later tonight. :)

a stupid name
01-21-2003, 02:40 AM
right now i am leaning towards "pennies" as my favorite it sounds diffrent from the original, but the drown cover is good two.
but i think i will go with the one that put more originality into it... overall better than the last weeks poll...

a stupid name
01-21-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by sarasvati
My band is trying out for act 4....we're listed on the site as "Nocturnal" even though that was a tentative name...our band is now called Mystery Box. Hopefully we'll have a site up soon with more of our songs. We did a cover of Soma to try out for act 4, its still up on the site...if anyone wants a SHN of it, I have it under my file shares on the hub.

how long have you guys been together, i remember soma sounded good..

Smiley
01-22-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by a stupid name
right now i am leaning towards "pennies" as my favorite it sounds diffrent from the original, but the drown cover is good two.
but i think i will go with the one that put more originality into it... overall better than the last weeks poll...

I voted for Methusela. I thought it was a great performance, and an interesting interpretation of the song! But I guess I don't know what I'm talking about, because it has the least amount of votes so far. :confused: