View Full Version : i'm surprised you guys arent raving wolfmother.

Sonic Johnny
03-17-2006, 12:38 PM
they're the current darling indie/alternative band down here. i'm amazed you guys arent swarming all over them. its slightly more interesting than a lot of the unbearably indie crap that gets listened to around here.

tcm
03-17-2006, 12:44 PM
you're the raving wolfmother around these parts, Sonic Johnny.

where is me
03-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Never heard of them, listening to Woman right now. Sounds like Deep Purple. Cool.

Mariner
03-17-2006, 12:53 PM
well they're about six months too late on this whole wolf name thing

Sonic Johnny
03-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Never heard of them, listening to Woman right now. Sounds like Deep Purple. Cool.

well thats my complaint with em...they're no good if you're interested in listening to a band that isnt Deep Purple/Led Zeppelin/Black Sabbath.

Axis of Action
03-17-2006, 01:08 PM
I really like the first song on the album, and I get about half way through it but nothing else jumps out at me. I mentioned them in the huge wolf parade, wolf eyes, frog eyes, etc. thread

daydreamer999
03-17-2006, 05:50 PM
you guys

this collective of 'guys on the music board' no longer exists

talk show host
03-18-2006, 11:18 PM
they're the current darling indie/alternative band down here. i'm amazed you guys arent swarming all over them. its slightly more interesting than a lot of the unbearably indie crap that gets listened to around here.

Wolfmother are fucking terrible, and the guys themselves are total arseholes. I've never seen an interview with such arrogant musicians, except maybe with Billy. Even Trent Reznor was more humble then those three dickweeds. :mad:

daydreamer999
03-19-2006, 02:16 AM
wait, so you're saying billy corgan is the most arrogant musician you have ever seen in your life?

ok.

talk show host
03-19-2006, 07:37 AM
wait, so you're saying billy corgan is the most arrogant musician you have ever seen in your life?

ok.

He's second only to you, you wannabe hipster faggot

dean_r_koontz
03-19-2006, 07:42 AM
he is a genuine hipster faggot

Sonic Johnny
03-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Wolfmother are fucking terrible, and the guys themselves are total arseholes. I've never seen an interview with such arrogant musicians, except maybe with Billy. Even Trent Reznor was more humble then those three dickweeds. :mad:

yeah well i've smoked cones with em and they're nice dudes, you fuckhead. :mad:

talk show host
03-19-2006, 07:54 AM
yeah well i've smoked cones with em and they're nice dudes, you fuckhead. :mad:

Fair enough. Who knows, maybe it was just a shit interview. I'm not going to get into a flame war over wolfmother.

Oh and thanks for the clarification Dean :)

Sonic Johnny
03-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Fair enough. Who knows, maybe it was just a shit interview. I'm not going to get into a flame war over wolfmother.

Oh and thanks for the clarification Dean :)

good call. make love, not war.

_angeltears_
03-19-2006, 10:57 PM
wolfmother are ok. everyone knows the number 1 aussie rock act is You Am I though. Their new album is out in May and it is gonna blow everyone away.

Azael
03-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Wolfmother are decent, just because they're not the typical overproduced rock band around right now. They caught me by surprise one night watching Rage, their video following a string of bland new bands, and it was a breath of fresh air. That said though, I have no desire to go out and buy their album, as they aren't really doing anything that amazing.

I'd like to be proved wrong, but it just seems that they're riding the next wave (pretending to be a 70's band now?) and are probably being pushed into it.
I'd much rather hear them over most bands these days on the radio, and I get the feeling I'll regret saying that in a few months when everybody is 'OMFG WOLFMOTHER!!!'. They're probably the next Jet, and I will probably hate them eventually.

daydreamer999
03-20-2006, 01:30 AM
he is a genuine hipster faggot

end thread.

Sonic Johnny
03-20-2006, 04:45 AM
I'd like to be proved wrong, but it just seems that they're riding the next wave (pretending to be a 70's band now?) and are probably being pushed into it.

i saw them at a pub gig in perth 2 1/2 years ago and they'd been playing for quite some time before that. i suspect they may even have pre-dated that trend.

why do i keep defending this band i dont even like? :confused: