View Full Version : Man down!!

wHATcOLOR
03-15-2006, 01:15 AM
so i'm sitting on my bed, relaxing, eating a cadbury mini egg. *crash* *yelling*

then a few moments later, i thought, wait, did i just hear a crash and yelling? i opened my blinds and saw directly below my window a man lying motionless in the street and a girl now parked on the curbe running around iwth her hands in the air. "someone call 911" she shouted.

i literally heard the guy lying down in the street yell "can you.. uh.. get these.. cars away from me? so they don't ... hit me?" the light had just turned green, and thankfully the person who was first in the line saw there was someone in the road.

by this time i was on hold with 911, they have english, spanish, and chinese (think it was chinese) messages telling you that if it's not an emergency, call a difft. number.

i got through and told them what happened and he said he'd send an ambulance right over.

by this time a taxi driver had pulled over and was trying to direct cars around the dude while the girl who had hit him was sort of freaking out and some pedestrian put her hand on her shoulder to try to calm her.

someone brought a blanket for the man, and put it over him. he hadn't moved an inch, and i didn't hear him say anything else.

in a few minutes, i heard sirens, and the firetruck, ambulance, and cops arrived. backboards and neck braces, stretcher, then they loaded him into the ambulance and away they went.

as if on cue, my pizza arrived, so i paid the man and typed out this post. im going to try to drive a little more carefully, and walk more carefully as well. i forget how dangerous it all can be!

wHATcOLOR
03-15-2006, 01:19 AM
fresh off of this in our fair city: http://www.examiner.com/US-a46668~Jogger_found_in_Presidio_taken_off_life_sup port__dies.html

Nimrod's Son
03-15-2006, 01:23 AM
you need a camera phone dude

wHATcOLOR
03-15-2006, 01:24 AM
oh shoot. i have one, i took an emo-orchestra-esque photo today with it. it never occurred to me to take a pic of the dude though, that was stupid!

Orenthal James
03-15-2006, 01:41 AM
uh, the news report says it was a lady.

wHATcOLOR
03-15-2006, 01:46 AM
smart guy, the news report link is a completely different story. "fresh off this in our fair city" was supposed to mean "and this man got hit tonight just as this other local story is wrapping up"

FearFactory
03-15-2006, 01:50 AM
smart guy, the news report link is a completely different story. "fresh off this in our fair city" was supposed to mean "and this man got hit tonight just as this other local story is wrapping up"

you'll have to forgive him. he's from Florida.

Orenthal James
03-15-2006, 01:57 AM
sorry about that, j. i just zoomed past that and didnt really read it correctly, it would appear.

benjamin619
03-15-2006, 03:26 AM
can i see the emo-orchestra photo, please?

wHATcOLOR
03-15-2006, 03:40 AM
uh.. it was posted on this page http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=116137&page=2&pp=35 and it was posted in jest.. the joke will make more sense if you read the whole thread, but it's quite a frustrating read