View Full Version : V for Vendetta

laradelocke
03-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Is actually quite spiffy, despite Ms Portmans failure to keep a coherent english accent throughout the film.

I had no idea [<i>Spoiler, edited for others by The Gaddrow</i>] until the end which made it even cooler.

Go see it.

I command thee.

http://www.allhatnocattle.net/jesus%20bush%20cheney.jpg

Zerospaced
03-13-2006, 08:34 PM
it comes out in 3 days GOSH

PkPhuoko
03-13-2006, 08:34 PM
thats almost the exact review ebert and roper gave

laradelocke
03-13-2006, 08:36 PM
it comes out in 3 days GOSH
Well I went to a press screening because I'm cool :)

Zerospaced
03-13-2006, 08:39 PM

http://my-mistake.net/images/avatars/Awesome.gif

laradelocke
03-13-2006, 08:39 PM
That I am.

:)

tcm
03-13-2006, 08:41 PM
I had no idea [] until the end which made it even cooler.
argh spoiler alert

topleybird
03-13-2006, 11:30 PM
She'd better fucking mean the credits, I tell you what

Ugly
03-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Read the graphic novel first, bitches. Then go read Watchmen. Then go get Alan Moore's Tales of the DCU.

ziggy gaydust
03-14-2006, 12:53 AM
read: because i have no life.

jczeroman
03-14-2006, 10:19 AM
I had no idea [] until the end which made it even cooler.

Don't do that again you piece of shit.

ChristHimself!
03-14-2006, 10:20 AM
argh spoiler alert

och that's all over the reviews ive read for it

Read the graphic novel first, bitches. Then go read Watchmen. Then go get Alan Moore's Tales of the DCU.

how about you YSI them? :D

phaedrus
03-14-2006, 11:15 AM
http://my-mistake.net/images/avatars/Awesome.gif
I've recently fallen in love with Gervais' standup and podcasts.

The Gaddrow
03-14-2006, 11:24 AM
...until the end which made it even cooler. People really should be banned for this kind of shit.

laradelocke
03-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Oh for fucks sake, everybody in the whole cinema knew it was Hugo Weaving before I did. It's common knowledge you ninconpoop. That's like getting banned for saying Keanu Reeves can't act.

jczeroman
03-14-2006, 02:18 PM
no it wasn't.

laradelocke
03-14-2006, 02:20 PM
http://fancyrobot.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/talk_to_the_hand.jpg

Mayfuck
03-14-2006, 02:44 PM
laradelocke are we friends

laradelocke
03-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Yes. The best of friends.

http://artweld.blogs.com/photos/dumpster_dancing/best_friends.JPG

Rockin' Cherub
03-14-2006, 04:06 PM
whitey: 'yay this one will fit nicely into my collection"

Ugly
03-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't think its a spoiler, he's in the credits and all the pre-release media talks about who plays V.

Hell, if they go according to the source, you don't even see his face.

tcm
03-14-2006, 05:00 PM
yeah i was kind of kidding about it being a spoiler, like usual. i, for one, already knew, and it's not supposed to be a secret or surprise. however, if it was a surprise for laradelocke and "made it even cooler" to her, it seems silly to dash that opportunity for anyone else who might have experienced it the same way, even if the chances of that are slim. i don't think it calls for a banning or even, say, a tongue-lashing, though.

laradelocke
03-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Tcm = :love:

Gaddrow = :hanging:

ravenguy2000
03-14-2006, 08:24 PM
http://www.harizma.com/film/11/priscilla30.jpg

topleybird
03-14-2006, 09:24 PM
I think the concern was that it sounded like she meant you [spoiler!], as in, V [spoiler!]. Which he [spoiler!]. In the [spoiler!] or the [spoiler!], thank [spoiler!].

tcm [spoiler!] your [spoiler!], I don't want anyone [spoiler!] what I [spoiler!] before.

tcm
03-15-2006, 01:02 AM
I think the concern was that it sounded like she meant you FIND OUT IT'S HUGO WEAVING AT THE END, as in, V takes his mask off. Which he does not and also i'm a homo!.
argh spoiler alert, and aren't we all

Ugly
03-15-2006, 02:04 AM
The complete V For Vendetta, my bitches:

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=05B2B6IH68H13OHUOPYH0MMWH

tcm
03-15-2006, 02:49 AM
movie or "book"?

Ugly
03-15-2006, 03:14 AM
movie or "book"?

the original comic with all the pages as jpgs in a rar file. I couldn't get a cbr file.

03-15-2006, 03:19 AM
^
you're my hero.

tcm
03-15-2006, 04:18 AM
got any Dostoevsky?

ChristHimself!
03-15-2006, 05:59 AM
The complete V For Vendetta, my bitches:

thankee kind sir

PkPhuoko
03-15-2006, 06:10 AM
friend of mine just got cam version of the movie... should be up later today weeeeeeeeee

laradelocke
03-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Johnathon Ross hated it though!

Wibble wobble wibble three and half eggs!

Zerospaced
03-15-2006, 10:01 AM
the original comic with all the pages as jpgs in a rar file. I couldn't get a cbr file.

all a cbr file is, is a renamed rar file. change the extension from rar to cbr and you'll be able to view it with cdisplay.

fyi, to make a cba file just rename a zip file to cba...

rar = cbr
zip = cba

Ugly
03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
got any Dostoevsky?

Alan Moore makes Dostoevsky look like the illiterate, slow witted, little bore that he is.

Ugly
03-15-2006, 06:43 PM
all a cbr file is, is a renamed rar file. change the extension from rar to cbr and you'll be able to view it with cdisplay.

fyi, to make a cba file just rename a zip file to cba...

rar = cbr
zip = cba

Danke. I kind of knew that, but I didn't know if I had to go through all the hastle of renaming every single page to make it flow. When I unpacked it, the jpgs were in their own seperate folders, so I dunno if that would eff it up or not.

The Gaddrow
03-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh for fucks sake, everybody in the whole cinema knew it was Hugo Weaving before I did. It's common knowledge you ninconpoop. Obviously not. I don't really care about this particular spoiler (nonspoiler, whatever) but was just replying about the people who did. I wouldn't really ban someone for such a thing.

laradelocke
03-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Yeah but not knowing who an actor was in a film and then having it revealed to you isin't a fucking spoiler anyway , its a CAST member.So if people complain it's because they're idiots who obviously don't care much about the movie anyway if they don't know who played the lead fucking role. :/

tcm
03-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Alan Moore makes Dostoevsky look like the illiterate, slow witted, little bore that he is.
haha. dude writes gibberish, and they call him a genius. mister genius needs to go back to second grade english class, 'cause his shit doesn't make a lick of sense to me. high five.

tcm
03-15-2006, 07:21 PM
idiots who obviously don't care much about the movie anyway if they don't know who played the lead fucking role.
yeah, these people, let them rot.

The Gaddrow
03-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah but not knowing who an actor was in a film and then having it revealed to you isin't a fucking spoiler anyway , its a CAST member. Agreed, but your initial statment revealed more than cast, it actually revealed a part of the story / ending. I would like to think that was the part people were most upset about. But yeah, I'm sorry if it seemed like I care that much.

laradelocke
03-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Lol no problemo.

Ugly
03-17-2006, 06:29 PM
shortie review: awesome movie, so-so adaptation. Its pretty telling that some of the movie's most powerful moments are the direct translations from the graphic novel.

basically, if the comic is dark, cerebral, and anarchistic, the movie is loud, bombastic, and pissed off. Moore, in an interview on MTV.com (may post later, kinda drunk now), called the film a "impotent liberal Hollywood fantasy". May be kind of close.

Not to say the movie isn't good, hardly, it kicks ass. Its great. Hell, its worth it for about 900 different reasons. (one of the higher ones is seeing the performance of V. The way Weaving manages to emote, robbed of his facial ticks and behind the mask, through just body language is stunning. If there was any justice in the world, motherfucker would get an Oscar)

But, yeah, go see. Just, if you love the comic, keep your preconcived notions at the door. And, if you haven't read the original, go read it. I posted it here for FREE on page one of this thread, for God's sake! What's stopping you?

Ugly
03-17-2006, 09:15 PM
probably my only real complaint is that the synchronistic beauty of Evey becoming V in the graphic novel, as opposed to *everybody* becoming V in the last 5 minutes of the movie is kind of weak in comparison.

03-17-2006, 09:15 PM
i saw this last night. I was about to leave after watching the first couple scenes but oh man i'm glad i stayed. I really started to enjoy it at the start of the prison scene. brilliant stuff.

Ugly
03-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Briliant stuff - which is one of the closest translations from the comic, of course.

03-17-2006, 09:19 PM
i think the film makes a stronger statement than the comic- i'm reading the comics right now. thanks again for that

the movie is responsible for my first impression of the story so i think i'm naturally biased towards that point of view

killer_tomato
03-17-2006, 09:20 PM
this just got one star in the guardian today
http://film.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/Critic_Review/Guardian_review/0,,1732302,00.html

03-17-2006, 09:21 PM
i dont know why moore wouldn't like this- it's not even close to being LEG or From Hell

03-17-2006, 09:26 PM
it got a negative review in los angeles times, too- but the reviewer was mostly nitpicking its inconsistencies while not really paying much attention to the movie's message. Fuck 'em.

obscured01
03-17-2006, 09:28 PM
<font color="dab9ea">I really want to see this movie.</font>

03-17-2006, 09:32 PM
what if the government was responsible for 9/11

deadaswarhol
03-17-2006, 09:40 PM
hey ugly, do you post at newsarama, too? that review sounded familiar

Irridescent Fairysex
03-17-2006, 10:03 PM
I liked the movie, it was very well done and it exceeded my expectations, although there were some things I didn't like about the "message" of it, sometimes I felt like I was being preached other times it was very cheesy and empty. Maybe in the comic it's more funded.

ryan patrick
03-17-2006, 10:41 PM
great material in the hands of not-very-good screenwriters and a bad director.

the material just happened to shine enough to make it a pretty good movie.

03-17-2006, 10:58 PM
I liked the movie, it was very well done and it exceeded my expectations, although there were some things I didn't like about the "message" of it, sometimes I felt like I was being preached other times it was very cheesy and empty. Maybe in the comic it's more funded.

it almost feels as if it's preachy and cheesy by design because after the catharsis experienced during the prison scene and a particular character's EVolution (now that's cheesy) the movie adopts a more serious tone complimenting the seriousness of the character.

what ********** mentioned is what makes it a distinctively great movie

was the fertilizer in the train car a reference to timothy mcveigh or am i stretching it?

damn, i think i'll probably see it again

BeautifulLoser
03-18-2006, 03:37 AM
*******SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW******

you know, i could not believe that they actually alluded to this in the movie. half of the movie i spent laughing because of the familiarities between their administration and our post-9/11 one, then it actually turned scary. i cried about 4 times during the movie when it just got a little too overwhelming and close-to-home...

...then they made the little revelation that essentially england's 9/11 was orchestrated by their own govt and .....my mouth dropped open. i could not believe they would go that far. not that the idea was shocking or new to me - i've been studying sites like 911research.com for months now - but i just couldn't believe that this mainstream movie was making that insinuation. i'm really happy and kind of excited , i am considering standing outside some theatres this weekend and just kind of asking people what they thought about it.

fucking great movie. i hope it gets people talking

You know, I think you're sort of overreacting here... I didn't get that they were directly saying "Hey, the US orchestrated 9/11" in the slightest... I can see that, in a way, they were alluding to something, but it wasn't so obvious as you're saying.

(one of the higher ones is seeing the performance of V. The way Weaving manages to emote, robbed of his facial ticks and behind the mask, through just body language is stunning. If there was any justice in the world, motherfucker would get an Oscar)

I wholeheartedly agree.

All in all, I thought this movie was amazing. Some things about it gave me a really creeped out feeling, when looking at current events... some of the imagery they used was very interesting. The black hoods on the "detainees" of the detention camp stood out especially.

Ugly
03-18-2006, 04:04 AM
yah, as a person who knows the original text -- the comic was based on 80s Conservative England; the movie alluded to the current U.S. war (there is a line that says, "America's war that they started and couldn't finish" and "he was executed because he had a copy of the Koran"). However, they both work. Because the overriding message is universal - little people vs. The Man.

Anyway, for people freaking out that the movie alludes to a 9/11 conspiracy... that is an invention of the Whachoski Bros. Not the original source. the movie is much more over the top than the comic, but I'd say its deliberately done that way so audiences can relate to it more. I mean, if you think about it, the core message of The Matrix is about FIGHTING AGAINST THE MAN. Same thing with the V for Vendetta movie. The only difference is, if the comic whispered revolution in your ear, the movie is shouting it at you from 2 inches away.

I think the reason the story works in any medium is because its about a single man vs. overlord tyrants. Shit that we can all relate too. Just depends on how you want to view it.

Ugly
03-18-2006, 04:06 AM
hey ugly, do you post at newsarama, too? that review sounded familiar

Yeah, I'm "President Kang" on Newsarama. I roll online in 3 places - netphoria, newsarama, and AICN.

Ugly
03-18-2006, 04:44 AM
The ending of the movie, compared to the graphic novel, still irks me. I can't quite articulate why. I think it has to do with because, I believe, the story works better if only Evey becomes "New V". If the entire world becomes "New V", then the movie is only a big middle finger to the establishment. But I think, dramatically, the comic works better because it breaks it down to a V & Evey story. Less over the top, more character-oriented. That's a good thing.

Irridescent Fairysex
03-18-2006, 04:50 AM
Exactly, it felt a lot over the top in the movie, a little subtlety would be more than welcome. I don't know why beautiful looser questions the relation to 9/11 and america, it's too obvious and kind of ridiculous.

SPOILERS...........

The prison escene was good, but I felt it was too maquiavelistic. A revolution to a tyrant system is by all means fair, but in the movie it seems as if it was purposeless, using the same kind of approach as the system you're fighting against. The story was very good, although I don't agree with everything the movie wants me to feel. I'm going to read the comic to see if the source material is better, thanks Ugly.

Irridescent Fairysex
03-18-2006, 04:52 AM
Also I'm drunk, I don't care if my post made no sense at all.

Ugly
03-18-2006, 04:56 AM
s'alright if it didn't make sense, its St. Patty's day. In fact, I planned my whole day around the movie -- see Revoultionary movie when I wake up, and drink my face off for the rest of the day. Thats why I think this is a good day to release V -- we'll all just get drunk as fuck and tear the world all down ... metaphorically speaking, that is.

Ugly
03-18-2006, 05:05 AM
one thing that bugged me on a fanboy knee-jerk level were the "now you see it, now you don't" reveals of V throughout the movie. The comic never bothered with trickery like that, why does the movie do it?

This Snuffalufagus routine comes to its climax when V talks to the investigators in a beard & reveals the bioweapon conspiracy to them all... if you've read the comic, this seems so bizzare and out of place. V wouldn't do that, dammit! He done nevah take his mask off, why would he do it then?

BeautifulLoser
03-18-2006, 05:14 AM
yah, as a person who knows the original text -- the comic was based on 80s Conservative England; the movie alluded to the current U.S. war (there is a line that says, "America's war that they started and couldn't finish" and "he was executed because he had a copy of the Koran"). However, they both work. Because the overriding message is universal - little people vs. The Man.

Anyway, for people freaking out that the movie alludes to a 9/11 conspiracy... that is an invention of the Whachoski Bros. Not the original source. the movie is much more over the top than the comic, but I'd say its deliberately done that way so audiences can relate to it more. I mean, if you think about it, the core message of The Matrix is about FIGHTING AGAINST THE MAN. Same thing with the V for Vendetta movie. The only difference is, if the comic whispered revolution in your ear, the movie is shouting it at you from 2 inches away.

I think the reason the story works in any medium is because its about a single man vs. overlord tyrants. Shit that we can all relate too. Just depends on how you want to view it.

Well said

BeautifulLoser
03-18-2006, 05:17 AM
Exactly, it felt a lot over the top in the movie, a little subtlety would be more than welcome. I don't know why beautiful looser questions the relation to 9/11 and america, it's too obvious and kind of ridiculous.

I wasn't saying there wasn't any relation to America, or the current state due to 9/11, I just don't think that the St Mary's biological attack was directly screaming "LOOK RIGHT HERE, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE UNITED STATES AND 9/11, THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT CREATED 9/11".... if you think that, you could read it that way. But it seemed to me that they were just showing us what <i>could</i> happen, not what did.

BeautifulLoser
03-18-2006, 05:18 AM
one thing that bugged me on a fanboy knee-jerk level were the "now you see it, now you don't" reveals of V throughout the movie. The comic never bothered with trickery like that, why does the movie do it?

This Snuffalufagus routine comes to its climax when V talks to the investigators in a beard & reveals the bioweapon conspiracy to them all... if you've read the comic, this seems so bizzare and out of place. V wouldn't do that, dammit! He done nevah take his mask off, why would he do it then?

Well, he didn't totally take the mask off... he just wore a different one.

I was horrified that they would actually show his face though. That would have ruined it.

laradelocke
03-18-2006, 09:17 AM
s'alright if it didn't make sense, its St. Patty's day. In fact, I planned my whole day around the movie -- see Revoultionary movie when I wake up, and drink my face off for the rest of the day. Thats why I think this is a good day to release V -- we'll all just get drunk as fuck and tear the world all down ... metaphorically speaking, that is.
I'm gonna kill the next person that says PATTY.. patty is a fucking chicks name.

laradelocke
03-18-2006, 09:18 AM

SPOILERS...........

The prison escene was good, but I felt it was too maquiavelistic. A revolution to a tyrant system is by all means fair, but in the movie it seems as if it was purposeless, using the same kind of approach as the system you're fighting against. The story was very good, although I don't agree with everything the movie wants me to feel. I'm going to read the comic to see if the source material is better, thanks Ugly.

I dunno which came around first but I thought the prison bit was a bit oldy-boyish in a not very..similar way...argh nevermind, hehe.

ravenguy2000
03-18-2006, 09:19 AM
PATTY

laradelocke
03-18-2006, 09:26 AM
PATTY
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/superheroes/images/hulk.jpg

Orenthal James
03-18-2006, 10:08 AM
spoiler alert, you assholes

BeautifulLoser
03-18-2006, 12:39 PM
No shit. Who the hell goes into a thread that's two pages long about a movie that they haven't seen yet? Something's bound to slip eventually.

Go see the movie then read the thread.

Orenthal James
03-18-2006, 01:55 PM
spoiler alert

neopryn
03-18-2006, 03:22 PM
SPOILER ALERT

BeautifulLoser is an ignorant cunt

03-18-2006, 05:53 PM
I didn't get that they were directly saying "Hey, the US orchestrated 9/11" in the slightest... I can see that, in a way, they were alluding to something, but it wasn't so obvious as you're saying.

that's because it's an allegory

03-18-2006, 07:35 PM
hey look at the ******

http://www.gothamist.com/images/2003_11_larrywachow.jpg

03-18-2006, 07:57 PM
SPOILERS...........

in my opinion the purpose behind that was to show how we're controlled by fear, and that we should do anything to conquer it. It only makes sense if you approach it as an allegory, but from a literal narrative standpoint i agree that it can seem pointless (it does however make me wish that a few american politicians and journalists are brutally tortured). But what amazed me the most about the prison scene was the actress' letter, particularly getting to bond with her plight, understanding its implications, and then experiencing that slight "did that really happen" alienation effect shortly thereafter. all done in a few mintues. I guess the credit all goes to moore for that- not to that ****** in the last post.

TuralyonW3
03-19-2006, 12:35 AM
just got back, i thogut it was pretty awesome, 8.5/10

tcm
03-19-2006, 01:37 AM
i keep forgetting to stop viewing this thread. argh

BeautifulLoser
03-19-2006, 01:55 AM
that's because it's an allegory

I said it better afterwards... I don't think it was saying that. I think it was saying "Hey, this could happen if things keep going the way they do", not "this is what happened"

I suck at expressing myself most times.

03-19-2006, 04:12 AM
I said it better afterwards... I don't think it was saying that. I think it was saying "Hey, this could happen if things keep going the way they do", not "this is what happened"

I suck at expressing myself most times.

sorry i must have skipped over your last post. I think one thing that makes it a little too obvious for some is that the tragedies were blamed on religious zealots who were quickly caught ala moussaoui- i had to google that motherfucker's name

laradelocke
03-20-2006, 03:26 PM
I entered a free competition to win a v for vendetta torch today. I have no idea what that means.... I mean a competition for a torch?!! eh..

jczeroman
03-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Yeah but not knowing who an actor was in a film and then having it revealed to you isin't a fucking spoiler anyway , its a CAST member.So if people complain it's because they're idiots who obviously don't care much about the movie anyway if they don't know who played the lead fucking role. :/

Yes, it wasn't a spoiler now that I've watched the movie. Here is the misunderstanding:

I don't know whether Hugo Weaving plays another character in the movie who is mysteriously revealed in the end to be V. If that were the case it would have been a HUGE spoiler. Without knowing the plot of the film, which a person who avoids spoilers is going to be sure of, then that very well could be one.

It wasn't though. Sorry for the accusation.

jczeroman
03-20-2006, 05:31 PM
The movie was good. But not great.

!!!!SPOILERS (probably)!!!!

First off, instead of dealing with the philosophical points that could have been made - it dealt with the articulations. Instead of saying that avian flu scares cause fascism, they should have pointed out that avian flu scares cause fear, which causes people to seek government help instead of take responsibility themselves, which gives government power, which causes fascism. The alluded to it in the speech, that it was the people's own fault for empowering their government, but they didn't connect the dots very well.

They also tried WAY too hard to allude to today's crises as causes of fascism - which is much too black and white an approach.

Also, at the end it was alluded to that the masses would form a new government, which reeks much more of collectivism and socialism than anarchism. Although I have read that V is not an anarcho-capitalist, but some kind of libertarian-socialist.

Ugly
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
http://www.michaelmedved.com/agnosticchart?charttype=minichart&chartID=5&formatID=1&size=100&useMiniChartID=true&position=0&destinationpage=/pg/jsp/general/moviereviewstext.jsp

V FOR VENDETTA

V for vile, vicious, vacuous, venal, verminous and vomitaceous. Five years after 9/11 we get our first big studio, big budget extravaganza making the case of suicidal terrorism as the ultimate form of heroism. The plot serves to illustrate the profound statement of the protagonist that "blowing up a building can change the world." Hugo Weaving ("Smith" in the "Matrix" films provides the voice of that hero, though it's unclear whether he performed in any other capacity since the "V" of the title appears only in a plastic, gaudy, impenetrable Guy Fawkes mask. He means to honor the Catholic rebel who attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament of Parliament on November 5, 1605, and "V" is determined to enjoy better luck at some Fifth of November in the future. He commits murder and mayhem in order to smite the evil "Conservative" (yes, they use that word) government that's taken over Great Britain after the collapse and destruction of the United States (due, we're informed, to our misguided Middle Eastern wars). The government (headed by the snarling, spittle-spewing John Hurt) is both Christian (with anew flag featuring the cross) and Fascistic: arresting, torturing and murdering any suspected homosexuals (female as well as male) and making even the possession of any copy of the Koran a capital crime. The mysterious V, with Zorro's wardrobe and that heavily rouged mask, brings the evil right-wingers to their knees by murdering some of their leaders, blowing up prominent buildings, and recruiting the innocent, unsuspecting Evey (Natalie Portman) as his sole accomplice. None of this makes sense, as a dogged police inspector (Steven Rea) tries to unravel the mysteries of V's background and whereabouts, but the leftwing propaganda remains heavy-handed and unmistakable. At one point, Rea discovers that the horrendous terrorist attack that led to the right-wing takeover was actually staged by the government, then later blamed on innocent Islamists. The visual imagery and story-telling suggest an odd meld of "Phantom of the Opera," "1984," and "Fahrenheit 9/11," but about halfway through a long and slow-moving slog the undeniable looniness of the enterprise loses its entertainment value. The performances (particularly by poor, abused Natalie Portman) are more energetic than expected, and the dark vision of the near future remains stylish and intriguing. Unfortunately, the plot's single big surprise (involving V's ultimate -and sadistic- demonstration of love for Evey) makes no sense at all, considering the script's insistence that the masked rebel works without henchmen or assistants. Rated R for occasionally bloody violence as the Caped anti-Crusader wreaks his hideous revenge. TWO STARS for a movie that's both slick and sick - competent enough to count as truly dangerous and hateful in its open glorification of terrorist violence.

Ugly
03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
"suicidal terrorism as the ultimate form of heroism". Hmph, I wonder where the suicidal terrorism came into play in the movie, Mr Bigshot.

Ugly
03-20-2006, 05:35 PM
I missed how the Faccist leader in the comic fell in love with a computer. And V was behind it all along. That was gold.

PkPhuoko
03-20-2006, 06:43 PM
for those who havent seen it

http://rapidshare.de/files/15970596/V_novawarez_taz.part01.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15970575/V_novawarez_taz.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15970587/V_novawarez_taz.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15970593/V_novawarez_taz.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15971088/V_novawarez_taz.part05.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15971091/V_novawarez_taz.part06.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15971097/V_novawarez_taz.part07.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15971113/V_novawarez_taz.part08.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15971123/V_novawarez_taz.part09.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15971628/V_novawarez_taz.part10.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15971638/V_novawarez_taz.part11.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15971637/V_novawarez_taz.part12.rar
http://rapidshare.de/files/15970561/V_novawarez_taz.part13.rar

pass:www.novawarez.com

bloop
03-20-2006, 07:43 PM
It's Michael Medved. What do you expect?

Did he just miss that the film itself clearly shows some doubt as to whether V's tactics against the regime are justified?

wHATcOLOR
04-06-2006, 12:33 PM
i am considering standing outside some theatres this weekend and just kind of asking people what they thought about it.

lol. did you do that? jesus. if someone did that to me i'd think he was a nutbag and then i'd go fuck his gf. jk

anyhow, sweet movie, i liked it a bunch