Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 04:42 PM
who knows of which i speak?

wHATcOLOR
03-12-2006, 04:42 PM
haha yeah. pathetic excuses for humans

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 04:47 PM
i'm looking them up on google. i read somewhere some ages ago that spankerine tried to kill himself by ODing on some drugs. he survived the overdose and wrote a compendium of nonsense on the internet ... it had pictures and shit. he was some obese bald guy ... really pathetic looking; it really took away his mysitique. i remember tigershorty used to the forum as a focus group for the fucking The Ring movie. i think i'll add that to wikipedia where it credits him for that GATMOG mess

wHATcOLOR
03-12-2006, 04:51 PM
good lord

Junebug
03-12-2006, 04:53 PM
who the crap is cobain/YaY Cobain?

didn't spankerine used to post on netphoria and everyone thought he was awesome?

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 04:58 PM
yay cobain was some guy named matt who was in the pumpkins chatrooms on aol at all times. he was like the mayfuck of that community, except that everybody seemed to worship him.

spankerine i think posted here some, or somebody posting as him. he'd make these huge posts on the o-board about alchemy and esoteric knowledge (stuff machina supposedly pertained to) that'd go on for pages and pages ... everybody worshipped him until and speculated that he was billy or had close contacts with billy but after awhile ppl caught on to the fact that he was sort of a loser who just happened to read a bit too much, and by the time the zwan forums started (which i think he was a mod of) everybody pretty much told him to fuck off completely

Junebug
03-12-2006, 05:13 PM
yeah i remember he moved to the o-board. but i didn't want to let the secret out so other people could guess!! didn't know people caught on to him though.

PkPhuoko
03-12-2006, 05:14 PM
lol there used to be a forum devoted to "the signs!!!!"

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 05:20 PM
lol there used to be a forum devoted to "the signs!!!!"

some intelligent conversation was culled from that forum. i'd spend some time there and we'd disuss pynchon, kaballa, alchemy ... alot of shit i'm interested in but not to the extent of "spankerine" interested. and yeah there were alot of lame things that came out of it

i remember they started diluting the forums further into "The Philosophy Forum!" and (lol) a "Nocturnal Emmisions Forum" where you could discuss you dreams. i was new to boarding back then so i was probably impervious to the ridiculousness of it all

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 05:23 PM
yeah i remember he moved to the o-board. but i didn't want to let the secret out so other people could guess!! didn't know people caught on to him though.

alot of ppl would post simultaneously on the o-board and netphoria back then (and a few on siva). a handfull of them i met in person a couple of times but lost touch with.

i was really "into it" :erm:

Fonzie
03-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Randall is soooo getting rep for this thread!

PkPhuoko
03-12-2006, 05:45 PM
i wasnt a big fan of the cryptic "yoda" speak on the oboard

its music

Fonzie
03-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Didn't spanky disappear for a while, and come back under a different name?

Orenthal James
03-12-2006, 06:36 PM
i remember YaY Cobain.

Fuck that guy.

Orenthal James
03-12-2006, 06:39 PM
randall, do you remember xphantazyx. meluvgumby.

man who else used to hang out there all the fucking time.

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Didn't spanky disappear for a while, and come back under a different name?

yeah. i think he came back as "fair red wicker" or something along those lines

one of these days when i have time i'm going to google around to all the sp communities and see what happened to those people ... you think they'd be active in some online sp community ...

Junebug
03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
i was really "into it" :erm:

don't worry, a lot of us were right there with you. I still never understood that alchemy stuff though. my poor adolescent brain hahahha.

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 06:49 PM
randall, do you remember xphantazyx. meluvgumby.

man who else used to hang out there all the fucking time.

those names look familiar but i can't remember any one individual poster, not even some of the ones i met up in real life. one of them was my former schoolmates and i'd like to get in touch with her ... but its one of those needle in a haystack scenarios. myspace ahoy

i posted as JesusLovesMeYesHeDoes ... i think i have an account here under the same name. its probably the username i started out with when i plyed the board with Gold Coast articles

Orenthal James
03-12-2006, 06:55 PM
my first registered name here was YaY Cobain. It was part of a smear campaign to ruin his image by telling everybody he was a paedophile. This was about summer of 99.

Izzle
03-12-2006, 06:57 PM
of those i only remember tigershorty for being the admin on the o-board. and he never posted anyway.

LoL, i had good times on the o-board...i was noobing it up to the max.

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 06:59 PM
actually for awhile i thought yay cobain may have been ****** ... because i heard that matt guy had long hair, and even back then john was pretty popular here so i put two and two together.

i'd always going into "private chat >>> smashing pumpkins" or something sp related and there he'd be and everybody would be yanking eachother off and i'd annoy the living hell out of them

i wouldnt be suprised if he registered here at some point in time

Fonzie
03-12-2006, 07:14 PM
yeah. i think he came back as "fair red wicker" or something along those lines

shit yeah. That's really close, but not quite there...

topleybird
03-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Man, Spankarine. He was a hermit, and a WebTV user. He posted a few times to AMSP before the o-board was invented, and I remember that searching other groups for his name resulted in a frightening post somewhere, begging for nudes of Fiona Apple. Pretty sure his second name was Fair Red Wrikker--I think he had names for different personalities of himself, like different... phases he'd go through. I figured being a hermit had just completely zonked his brain.

I was really into that symbolism forum, too. All that alchemy stuff, the puzzles--it's really a shame it didn't add up to anything. Still some interesting discussions, though.

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I was really into that symbolism forum, too. All that alchemy stuff, the puzzles--it's really a shame it didn't add up to anything. Still some interesting discussions, though.

yeah. i think alot of was taken out of context and people got the wrong idea, more or less. this one woman was so zonked out of her mind she thought her kid was billy corgan and she's been having prophetic dreams and shit. its things like that that ruined it for everybody. just like how some star wars fans can ruin it for others with wearing their costumes to the movies and shit

i wouldn't say it never added up to anything because i think the reunion is going going to have alot to do with the mythos and add to it, if not answer many questions

D.
03-12-2006, 07:30 PM
all the names sound familiar, but i don't pay attention often enough to remember anything about them.

topleybird
03-12-2006, 07:53 PM
this one woman was so zonked out of her mind she thought her kid was billy corgan and she's been having prophetic dreams and shit.

I remember that freak, always going on about Billy in diapers. That board attracted some honest-to-God danger-to-selves-and-others lunatics. I'm sure plenty were just acting out a persona, but diaper-lady, no way. Starla Dreams, the girl who thought she was the muse of Billy and like twenty other rock stars... gotta wonder where she wandered off to.

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 07:55 PM
yeah. everytime i start thinking this forum is going down the gutter i need to stop and remind myself of that place

smashingjj
03-12-2006, 08:02 PM
does no one remember digitallio

or Who Cares

Fonzie
03-12-2006, 08:48 PM
wikipedia...

There was also debate about whether or not background characters where in fact the Ghost Children created by the fans. However, one character - Maya, the Paracell psychic - is known to be a character created by a fan. This was possible because of the Creative Director, Jim Evans, AKA Tigershorty. He and his team, Lew_Cypher, 93_Current, The Hierophant and Julius Soul ran the official messageboard that led the fans. Jim Evans is thought to have written most of the Glass and the Machines of God story.

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 09:07 PM
i'm thinking about adding to that wiki page about how he'd use users of the board for a focus group of fucking sony (which is just ridiculous. its not like it was an n*sync forum) ... but i guess that'd be kind of non sequiter to put up on a page about machina, and i guess i'd have to do more substantive esearch before putting it on wiki ....

but from what i heard, billy himself caught wind of the cross promotional shit going on his board and got pretty pissed

Shawn Osmond
03-12-2006, 09:09 PM
There was also a Miss Yay Cobain who was from like oklahoma or some shit. And i remember she was really hot, like hotter than any girl on netphoria. And they would sit in there and chat by themselves for hours on end.

wHATcOLOR
03-12-2006, 09:48 PM
she was really hot, like hotter than any girl on netphoria.

oh good lord

topleybird
03-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Randall, can you talk more about this focus group thing? I don't remember that happening.

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 10:54 PM
yeah the official site had some link, i thought i was gatmog related, and it sort of was but they also subtly plugged the movie The Ring (this was the before the movie was released so if you saw it now it'd be more obvious) on the web page. so in the symbols forum everybody's going nuts and it turns out its just to plug a B grade horror movie, and the word is some sony focus group was observing it ... one of those viral marketing things supposedly. they cold legally do this because screenblast, made by sony, was going ot host the gatmog cartoon

though i guess you could argue that maybe all this was a game in itself

bornentertainer
03-12-2006, 10:55 PM
wikipedia...

I read that wikipedia article too and man, I'm glad I missed all that shit

Junebug
03-12-2006, 10:58 PM
I read that wikipedia article too and man, I'm glad I missed all that shit

those were dark days, my friend.

topleybird
03-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks, that's still not ringing any bells for me. If this was around the time all those other sites started popping up, panopticon and whatnot, that's when I finally jumped off, so maybe I missed it entirely. Creating your own character and shit. Man.

Karl Connor
03-12-2006, 11:21 PM
yeah it was around that time, exactly. i cant pinpoint exactly when though ... i sort of jumped ship too after that.

it'd be nice to dig up those sites if they're archived somewhere

Mood ring
03-12-2006, 11:44 PM
ya, and i also remember LIKEPAINCOMEFROMHEAVEN and regendered DNA...man, what freaks those people were in that symbols forum. they should have been put in institutions and shit...actually, i heard DNA was once claiming Billy Corgan was the anti-christ...wow, what kind of shit is that?

heh.

severin
03-13-2006, 01:13 AM
tigershorty was/is actually a really nice guy. well, in fact the entity tigershorty consisted of more than one person, but i met only one of them, who was a really nice guy. we had a beer together in berlin

Junebug
03-13-2006, 01:43 AM
well, in fact the entity tigershorty consisted of more than one person,

i was wondering about this. thanks for clearing it up. also i think it's funny that your color is called "burlywood"

Geek USA
03-13-2006, 02:24 AM
YaY cobain!!!!

oh matt. I hated that guy so much.

does anyone remember ijustwant2bme ?!?! :(

Izzle
03-13-2006, 02:29 AM
does anyone remember ijustwant2bme ?!?! :(

:rofl:

Geek USA
03-13-2006, 02:30 AM
aaaaaaaaaaand john and I have made this thread like 5 times already _

Orenthal James
03-13-2006, 02:35 AM
im trying to remember all the crazy aol names i had

IMONEASUR3 (i am one as you are three)
Sk8rBoy132
kiilkenny

numerous others.

Junebug
03-13-2006, 03:23 AM
Sk8rBoy132

this was as a joke, right?

Esty
03-13-2006, 04:45 AM
I think yay cobain was going to sell me tickets to the la pumpkin show back in 2000. I don't remember. He said yes and then stopped talking to me. We ended up getting those tickets off Adam M through ebay.

vanilla
03-13-2006, 05:12 AM
yaycobain was a jerk. i think tigershorty (if i'm thinking of the right person) posts on linda strawberry's message board.

mistle
03-13-2006, 09:35 AM
i can't even remember my own o-board name:|

Dead
03-13-2006, 10:11 AM
I was mean to the oboarders and made them cry.

Esty
03-13-2006, 10:22 AM
I was mean to the oboarders and made them cry.

Kinda like what they do to you here huh Dead?

Dead
03-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Ho ho ho

Ramdust
03-13-2006, 11:16 AM
tigershorty was/is actually a really nice guy. well, in fact the entity tigershorty consisted of more than one person, but i met only one of them, who was a really nice guy. we had a beer together in berlin

I was under the impression that Tigershorty was almost always Jim Evans.

Anyway, I can't believe all of those O-Board nerds wasted all that time in the Meaning of Symbols forum... :erm:

Junebug
03-13-2006, 11:27 AM
You know the O-board was bad when Dead was the mean one.

I think yay cobain was going to sell me tickets to the la pumpkin show back in 2000. I don't remember. He said yes and then stopped talking to me. We ended up getting those tickets off Adam M through ebay.
this i did not know. i hope adam cut you a deal at least.

laradelocke
03-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Tigershorty was a billy-corgan.com er wasn't he? Could be mistaken.

ammy
03-13-2006, 12:01 PM
spanky lived on a cemetary.

RopeyLopey
03-13-2006, 12:04 PM
the entity tigershorty consisted of more than one person, but i met only one of them, so who does have M2 vinyl then? Did he tell you 'I am the one who got it'?

Junebug
03-13-2006, 12:06 PM
tigershorty got an m2 vinyl? what the crap. who else did? I know there was a list somewhere.....

severin
03-14-2006, 06:18 AM
so who does have M2 vinyl then? Did he tell you 'I am the one who got it'?
yes, the guy i talked to (who was not jim evans) was the one who got the m2 vinyl. his m2 is the source for the o-site mp3's. and that also makes it the source for the "virgin in-house-promo" thingy iirc