View Full Version : Tonight Cardsleeve CD

memories_unwind
03-12-2006, 05:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.de/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-Tonight-EURO-cardsleeve-CD-single_W0QQitemZ4832054038QQcategoryZ307QQcmdZView Item

Never heard of that release. Anyone here? Can`t find it on Shawn`s site either...

Cool As Ice Cream
03-12-2006, 05:57 PM
I've had this one for ages. Bought it new in a record store long time before I started "collecting". It can't be found on spfc.org indeed. The id is HUTCDE 69.

I also have similar 2-track Dutch releases for Today (HUTCE 37) and Disarm (HUTCE 43).

Fonzie
03-12-2006, 09:08 PM
only 2 tracks? I would have put it down as a promo, but maybe not.

dean moriaty
03-13-2006, 03:02 AM
i've got a sealed copy. it's not a promo, a lot of european singles come as two tracks in cardsleeves

Nothing/everything
03-13-2006, 07:54 AM
i think i had two of those some time ago. Sent one to someone in a trade as a gift.

Fonzie
03-13-2006, 03:35 PM
I always thought that it was funny that here in NZ, we usually got the aussie version of the singles anything up to 7 tracks.

Europe normally got them split into 2 singles of 3 tracks each or so.

Cool As Ice Cream
03-13-2006, 03:46 PM
I always thought that it was funny that here in NZ, we usually got the aussie version of the singles anything up to 7 tracks.

Europe normally got them split into 2 singles of 3 tracks each or so.
That's not really correct. The 7 track singles are released in Europe too. I believe the 2 single deal is typically UK. Might be UK chart related.

And there are AU and EU versions of the 2-track cardsleeve singles.

dean moriaty
03-14-2006, 04:45 AM
Bram's right here. in mainland europe there's normally a maxi single [e.g. 7 track tt] which will be in a jewel case and / or a two track which comes in a card sleeve. britain is where singles normally come out on a set of two cds [sometimes three!] each of which will have exclusive tracks. this is, as bram said to get round the chart regulations which limit both playing time and number of tracks for a release to be inclu<harvestmen>ded in the singles chart and also to sell more copies.

aus also got some singles split over multiple cds e.g. disarm